Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 25
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 8:53:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Has anyone been able to access the F5 website? for two day now, I can't get the page to load....
View Quote
Reset your browser.

Works fine for me on multiple devices.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Even today, I can't reach the site. The error I get is to many redirects from f5's website... this is on my phone, tablet and two different laptops

Anyway, my order delivered just now
The upper, is not a slick side like pictured. It's just a stripped regular flat top upper. So, I had a slick side billet that now has the can cannon front end on it. I'll pick up an upper build kit and complete the f5 stripped upper for future use.

I'll try to get out this weekend for a test run. I should also be getting the hornady blank crimping dies today. Not sure I'll get time to load any blanks though...
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I was talking to someone about supersizing one of these into a 308 variant. Seems like a great way to use a PSA10 lower.

I would like to do a side charging reciprocating bolt conversion to the 5.56 version. Making it easier to cycle would be nice. Something like this.

http://www.omegamanufacturinginc.com/LAR-Grizzly-Ops-65-Left-Charging-Right-Discharge-Upper-Complete-Assembly-WMD-Nickel-Boron-Bolt-Carrier-Perfect-For-Right-Handed-Shooters_p_3566.html
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 7:55:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was talking to someone about supersizing one of these into a 308 variant. Seems like a great way to use a PSA10 lower.
View Quote
Can't find an F5 version of this one myself: X-products MUL
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 9:44:47 PM EDT
[#5]
well this pic has been brewing in photobucket for a bit. At this price, it's FO time

Link Posted: 7/5/2018 9:52:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
well this pic has been brewing in photobucket for a bit. At this price, it's FO time

https://i.imgur.com/IOu9RYN.jpg
View Quote
I want a China lake F5 can launcher.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 11:37:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m just gathering friends locally for the 5 for 4 deal, and properly emptying these cans for future ammo....

Attachment Attached File

I’ll be standing by hoping for results on short vs. long barrel.

ETA:  These 16oz Coors Light screw top cans have a noticeably thicker wall than standard soda cans.  I’m thinking they could probably withstand a heavier blank charge....?
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 8:03:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, I ordered one too, and its arriving today.  I have only 20 LC M200 blanks on hand though, and want to shoot it a bunch this weekend with friends I don't see often.  Has anyone reloaded regular brass to make can launching ammo?  There's a guy on Reddit that says 7 grains of Bullseye is about equivalent to U.S.G.I., and he thinks of 11 grains as a max load.

I don't have the ~$100 star crimper die, so I guess I'd just super glue a piece of paper in each case mouth?
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:13:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:28:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks like this thread has run F5 out of stock. I have one on backorder now.  

Anyone have a clue about how long a wait I'm looking at? I don't mind waiting, (it is hot enough that going to the range, even with a new toy like this, is going to be fairly miserable) but having an approximate window will let me know when to start stockpiling cans.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#11]
If F5 is reading this, you're welcome for all the orders!

I'll take my free can cannon now
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:50:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Anyone have one of these?

I know they are an extremely novelty, but I need to find something to put on this PSA poop flinging gremlin lower soon

Also, what’s the law on these? Legal without a permit/tax stamp?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/464598/F67ECBDB-6D4F-464B-9AED-591F10FEC1E2-588342.JPG
View Quote
Weird thing I just noticed guys ... this picture that I posted in the OP of the X-Products can cannon, was a picture that I took off of F5's Instagram account (@F5mfg)

Why would F5 be advertising the X-Products can cannon?  Are they still possibly affiliated with them?
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:54:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Weird thing I just noticed guys ... this picture that I posted in the OP of the X-Products can cannon, was a picture that I took off of F5's Instagram account (@F5mfg)

Why would F5 be advertising the X-Products can cannon?  Are they still possibly affiliated with them?
View Quote
My assumption based on how they describe some things on their website is that F5 is an OEM / machine shop for X-Products.  A lot of what they sell seem to be unbranded versions of things X-Products markets.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
X-Products can eat a bag of dicks

These guys are the OEM and sell them for far less
https://f5mfg.com/product/demo-custom-product-1/
View Quote
Nice... Old School Tag!
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 10:37:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Welp, can cannoning is a fucking blast

Fired off a few tennis balls first. Zero recoil, I was sending them 75yds with almost no up angle. With a little up angle,100yds. I'm sure I could have sent them clear over the berm at 150yds with ease.

First can, lined up on a 55gal drum at about 75yds, smacked that fucked dead center then, proceeded to miss it with the next 4. Recoil with 12oz cans is about like a decent 12g slug. This was using M200 blanks.

I did have a few blanks that didn't want to fully chamber. They showed some damage after mortering them out...not sure if the damage was there before or after chambering...

I think I'll polish the chamber and knock the sharp feed ramp edges off before my next outing.

Overall, $150 well spent
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#16]
If anyone got a group buy but didn't have them all claimed I would fill one of your spots.
I will pay the shipping cost to me as well.

If not I'll just buy a single on back order.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/IOu9RYN.jpg
View Quote
I fucking hate you.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone have one of these?

I know they are an extremely novelty, but I need to find something to put on this PSA poop flinging gremlin lower soon

Also, what’s the law on these? Legal without a permit/tax stamp?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/464598/F67ECBDB-6D4F-464B-9AED-591F10FEC1E2-588342.JPG

Pretty sure F5 is just the machine shop that has been making X-Products stuff this whole time, and after the Malarkey fiasco, they are just taking the X-Products branding off their stuff.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Fill tennis balls with water, freeze them and I'll bet they would really travel down range.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fill tennis balls with water, freeze them and I'll bet they would really travel down range.
View Quote
And here we go... another idea worth trying. Hell. You fill them up and may not even need to freeze them.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 12:12:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Soak tennis ball in gasoline and launch. Make sure to get this "hold my beer and watch this" event on video. (And no, I will not be doing this, no how, no way).
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 12:16:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I would like to do a side charging reciprocating bolt conversion to the 5.56 version. Making it easier to cycle would be nice. Something like this.

http://www.omegamanufacturinginc.com/LAR-Grizzly-Ops-65-Left-Charging-Right-Discharge-Upper-Complete-Assembly-WMD-Nickel-Boron-Bolt-Carrier-Perfect-For-Right-Handed-Shooters_p_3566.html
View Quote
The Bear creek side chargers are great and really cheap. I have three for precision rigs and they are solid.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 12:21:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Damned near any idea that begins with "here, hold my beer and watch this", will be entertaining..   No good story ever started with "here, hold my salad and watch this".
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 12:30:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#25]
HOLY SHIT ... I need this in my life. I’m pulling the trigger on this today. This is definatley going on an 80% Lower engraved:

MOD: BEETUS-LAUNCHER
CAL: 12 oz
SER: COKEnSMILE

Or

MOD: BEER-ME-BRO
CAL: 12 oz
SER: C2H5OH

Questions:

1) I have a large frame AR... do I want the .308 version or do I want the 5.56mm version? Are the blanks for either any more or less difficult to come by?

2) If the answer to #1 is the AR15 version launcher, I don’t give a shit about boycotts or politics and I’ll pay more for quality. Which is the better unit; X-Products or F5? I kind of like the look of the X-Product’s unit with the longer tube, F/A & dustcover and laser engraving. The F5 slickside uppers looks cheesy like every other slickside in existence.

3) Where is the best place to buy the most powerful blanks? (Depending on the 308 vs 5.56 in question #1) Or if I’m looking for max power, is it easier to reload them on my own or can I reload for more power/distance?

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd go in $120 on one, just need 3 more lol
View Quote
Anyone else in Michigan interested??
View Quote
I'm in at $120
View Quote
If the answer for me is to go with the smaller AR15 upper, I’m in if you want to group buy shortly... otherwise I’ll FO at full price on my own.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 1:17:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
HOLY SHIT ... I need this in my life. I’m pulling the trigger on this today.

Questions:

1) I have a large frame AR... do I want the .308 version or do I want the 5.56mm version? Are the blanks for either any more or less difficult to come by?

2) If the answer to #1 is the AR15 version launcher, I don’t give a shit about boycotts or politics and I’ll pay more for quality. Which is the better unit; X-Products or F5? I kind of like the look of the X-Product’s unit with the longer tube, F/A & dustcover and laser engraving. The F5 slickside uppers looks cheesy like every other slickside in existence.

3) Where is the best place to blanks? (Depending on the 308 vs 5.56 in question #1) is it easier to reload them on my own or can I reload for more power/distance?

If the answer for me is to go with the smaller AR15 upper, I’m in if you want to group buy shortly... otherwise I’ll FO at full price on my own.
View Quote
1. 308 has more power but can't launch soda cans because they are too thin. It will however launch soup cans really far.

2. F5 is the fucking maker. Not xproducts. F5 appears to have made everything that xproducts sells. Fuck xproducts. F5 sells the AR variant with longer and shorter barrels. Contact them for the longer one if you want it. They don't have it on their site.

3. No fucking clue... but since I live near surplus ammo and arms I just get shit from them.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 1:29:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Can someone post pics of the uppers that have received from F5?

Want to see what the long vs short looks like.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I wonder if putting in a tennis ball first, and then a can of soda, will prevent soda cans from exploding. Especially with the larger 308 versions. I'm thinking it may act sort of like a shotgun wad, compressing a little and reducing the initial shock when the blank fires.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Tennis balls compress ALOT... better be sure you don’t plug the barrel and produce an over pressure situation.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 1:47:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I wonder if putting in a tennis ball first, and then a can of soda, will prevent soda cans from exploding. Especially with the larger 308 versions. I'm thinking it may act sort of like a shotgun wad, compressing a little and reducing the initial shock when the blank fires.
View Quote
I was thinking  hole saw and a sheet of plywood to make reusable and still yet disposable wads.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Can someone post pics of the uppers that have received from F5?

Want to see what the long vs short looks like.
View Quote
Mine will be here today (long barrel) and I'll post photos after it has arrived.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Mine will be here today (long barrel) and I'll post photos after it has arrived.
View Quote
Awesome. Thank you. Got my wife excited about getting one of these and want to wait and see what the long vs short looks like and how it shoots.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 1:51:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

@SkilletsUSMC

F5 makes the longer one and has it in stock. Just call them and say you want the longer one. Also... I talked to them. They said the length didn't make a difference on distance it threw the can. I was interested in the longer one as well.
View Quote
@Getnlwr

What’s their phone number? I’m not seeing in their contact page.
I want a long barrelled version if for no there reason than I can cram more shit in it!
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 1:53:22 PM EDT
[#34]
What about filling some sort of projectile with some kind of powder, like a chalk round?  It would make a satisfying cloud of dust.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What about filling some sort of projectile with some kind of powder, like a chalk round?  It would make a satisfying cloud of dust.
View Quote
Id like to see something like this. But use the Big Easter egg shells.

Attachment Attached File

That way when you launch your buddy a cold one you can send him some peanuts as well.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
You had me at "filling with some kind of powder"...

you lost me at "chalk"

So many better powdery substances to fill a projectile with than "chalk"
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 2:16:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

you lost me at "chalk"

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you lost me at "chalk"

Like cayenne pepper!!!!
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 2:26:02 PM EDT
[#38]
I was more thinking a pair projectiles; one stuffed with strike-anywhere match-heads on top of a mini-can full of gasoline... but yeah, Cayenne could be fun too. Maybe sugar/oxidizer (r-candy) smoke screen ball; light fuse and launch.

this can launcher is definitely chock full of hold my beer potential though.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

@Getnlwr

What’s their phone number? I’m not seeing in their contact page.
I want a long barrelled version if for no there reason than I can cram more shit in it!
View Quote
Cannon just arrived....

Phone number was posted in a photo a page or so back.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 4:20:15 PM EDT
[#41]
The cannon tube is pinned to a barrel nut. The barrel nut is just hand tight. The barrel is a unique thing and will drop into any other upper reciever. So, I am for sure turning it into a side charger just for ease of reloading.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 4:21:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I was more thinking a pair projectiles; one stuffed with strike-anywhere match-heads on top of a mini-can full of gasoline... but yeah, Cayenne could be fun too. Maybe sugar/oxidizer (r-candy) smoke screen ball; light fuse and launch.

this can launcher is definitely chock full of hold my beer potential though.
View Quote
Strike anywhere matches and a can full of gas is defiantly a "hold my beer and watch this" moment....I want to see video, I think
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks for the pictures.

I wish F5 would just sell the barrel & tube.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The cannon tube is pinned to a barrel nut. The barrel nut is just hand tight. The barrel is a unique thing and will drop into any other upper reciever. So, I am for sure turning it into a side charger just for ease of reloading.
View Quote
Anywhere cheaper than the BCA Side Charging upper? Come with BCG for $215:
https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/upper-receivers/bca-side-charging-receiver-bcg-combo
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Just ordered on with a longer barrel.
And 2 packages of blanks and a drum for my 9mm ar.
Plot thickens.

The confirmation had this in it...

MODERN MFG may be contacted at:

Address: 3315 NE 112TH AVE

VANCOUVER, WA 98682

Phone: 360-281-8987
View Quote
@Getnlwr ,

I just tried calling to pull the trigger... got a voicemail number. Sounded like a cell phone.
Was this the # you called to order the longer barreled version?

Also, I'm going to ask if they'd just be willing to sell the barrel assembly.
I don't need more uppers receivers laying around... or lowers.
But this is too cool not to do an 80% Lower with funny engraving.

Going to go with the "Beer-Me-Bro" engraving...

Mod: Beer-Me-Bro
Cal: 12oz
Ser: 24-PAK
Selector Markings: Sober/Buzzed/Drunk
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 4:46:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Is that the "Long" version that you have to call for? Or is that the standard version for $150 on their site?
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Just placed an order for one.

Now where do I get some blanks at?
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 5:22:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just placed an order for one.

Now where do I get some blanks at?
View Quote
Dude... the same place also sold the blanks...
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Is that the "Long" version that you have to call for? Or is that the standard version for $150 on their site?
View Quote
Per them it's the long one.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

@Getnlwr ,

I just tried calling to pull the trigger... got a voicemail number. Sounded like a cell phone.
Was this the # you called to order the longer barreled version?

Also, I'm going to ask if they'd just be willing to sell the barrel assembly.
I don't need more uppers receivers laying around... or lowers.
But this is too cool not to do an 80% Lower with funny engraving.

Going to go with the "Beer-Me-Bro" engraving...

Mod: Beer-Me-Bro
Cal: 12oz
Ser: 24-PAK
Selector Markings: Sober/Buzzed/Drunk
View Quote

I do like how you think.

I just emailed them back and forth from the info on their site. They replied pretty quick and at odd hours.

So initial thoughts on this.

It looks good from a distance. I am a little disappointed in the quality though. Now I have to take into account how much I paid for it... then... Im happy with the quality. The tube isn't finished all that well you can tell the edges after the cuts were cleaned up on a belt sander by hand. I would love to see them make a higher quality version of this, and perhaps a golf ball version too. I'm looking at design and I think I can put a regular old school freefloat tube on it, and seal up the holes in the back with a welder and set it up for golf balls. Liquid nails or something to seal the holes maybe and also glue the nut to the tube to make it easy to assemble.

I would have paid a bit more if it was an option to  have the upper completed and not stripped. I'll be finishing it up and making the upper receiver complete.

Overall I give it a B for overall. The quality isn't great on  how it's made, but it appears safe, and it's price is well within even the most limited gun owners budgets. If this was $400 id be very upset with the way its made. At the price they have it at, I'd rather see it as a barrel and launcher tube combo with the money saved from not including the upper, and it being put into the machining of the tube itself.

I ordered a couple things from them. look forward to loading up the 9mm AR drum and heading to the range as well. The drums I have from them they made for the company they supplied for work well and I have high hopes for the 9mm drum as well. $170 for the drum and I am very happy with it. Thinking it's going to get a box of subsonic 147 Ranger SXT's loaded into it for HD duty after some testing for reliability.

I will be setting up a FF tube as a golfball launcher in the soon to very near future.
Page / 25
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top