Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:I'm not saying I support such a restriction, just pointing out that there are people who did that on their own, and people who didn't do that.

As for how many questions someone may have in the tech forums, that will also vary.  If it weren't for the amount of time I spent in the tech forums, I wouldn't have even thought of doing stuff like this with ARs.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/64025/Tokloads_jpg-2654029.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/64025/Tok147150_jpg-2654030.JPG
View Quote
Agreed that tech to GD is the expected "healthy" account lifecycle, and that tech is an awesome resource. Just that any attempt to tie GD access to Tech participation would have negative effects, and any attempt to simply tie it to account age would probably have people growing bored and leaving.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:30:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont know about ar15.com I was a member of ak47.net or whatever it was called. It was such a long fucking time ago that in 2020 money AK clone was 350$ and Bushmaster ar15 was like 860$.
Any way back in those days yes it was a lot more right wing flavor of posters? It is understandable we just came off the WACO and Ruby ridge massacres and blatant gov coverup and American people looking the other way and we had the assault weapons ban passed. Americans who understood their rights were understandably angry and were interested in self defense. On top of that we had the 92 LA riots and just a general anti-gun wave.
September 11 2001 Tragedy strikes. 20 Years of blood shed follows, war in all the asscrack of our world and cool video games to match. All of a sudden EVERYONE is interested in the ar15 platform, people who served people who play video games etc.
So yes the crowd has changed, we have a LOT more new comers so to say.

edit: and yes places like china and russia have a lot of zombie bot accounts here. You can easily spot them if you look at their post count building posts.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:32:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Biden voters

Attachment Attached File

Biden voters everywhere
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#4]
On any other day I choose 9mm, but today it’s 45!
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:39:19 PM EDT
[#5]
On any other day I choose 9mm, but today it’s 45!
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:41:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That kinda happened overnight here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've noticed a very large percentage of our population suddenly agrees with the mainstream media narratives on Trump, Ukraine, etc.

That kinda happened overnight here.

Lots of folks don’t care what side they’re on as long as it’s the “winning side”
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Don't know about that one, Karl.
View Quote
Based.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Two years is solidly "fuck that" territory. Think about how many posts a new AR15 shooter might need in tech to... not have any more immediate questions. 50 or so? GD is the natural next step to BS with fellow gun nuts. Restricting everyone to tech during that wide gap between "I have questions about which is the loud end" and "I'm an actual SME with valuable input" would GD-ify tech. No bueno.

It's all bandaid solutions. You want arf GD to not look like like arfchan, make a call about arfchan posters and scurry them off. Problem is, the whole internet is chan-ified now, and most of GD's prolific content creators would fall under that umbrella. So it's really too late to turn the place around.

Absolutely my favorite username on this site.

As far as "leftist trolls", I think the TRUE PATRIOT info ops types are the greater concern, but there's the problem I'm talking about. To a good chunk of the membership those are the more valuable posters.
View Quote

That seems completely ass backwards. Newbs should have to ask their first 10 tech questions in GD before gaining access to the tech forums.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Biden voters

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hillaryheadspin-623.gif

Biden voters everywhere
View Quote

They walk among us here.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
for some reason in the past few days I have noticed a few things about our "membership"

1- people with under 300 posts that have been registered here for many, many years

2- people with thousands of posts, but I can't remember ever seeing them post before on a basis that would be equivalent to their posting numbers.

are we seeing name changes?
member alias takeovers by 3rd parties?
Troll accounts?

anyone noticed any other anomalies?

View Quote

This has been going on for a couple years at the very least.

But yea, it is becoming over the top lately.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:Biden voters
Biden voters everywhere
View Quote
There's one issue with the site, for sure. A percentage of posters see biden voters everywhere.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 1:00:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There's one issue with the site, for sure. A percentage of posters see biden voters everywhere.
View Quote

I don't understand why anyone would give a shit what someone posts in GD. That's the point of GD. It's the nasty afterparty you go to after you have your gear. I know there's people here that don't realize this isn't real life but I'd be a lot more concerned with antifa types cruzing the tech forums.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 1:33:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm invisible.  ??
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Cognitive dissonance is strong here.

‘The 2A gives me the right to own arms, including nukes. It shall not be infringed!’ - ‘Oh leftists with ARs, no, we have to restrict that!’

‘The government has no right to infringe on my Constitutional Rights especially 1A, 2A, and 4A!’ - ‘The 19th Amendment; we need to repeal that bitch. Make me a sammatch!’  
View Quote

What does cognitive dissonance has to do with anything I just said?  I just laid out how the far left and Marxist are usurping tye constitution with the aim to abolish it.  It is fucking fact, straight from ANTIFA.

"“Comrades, don’t worry when things are hard with us. When things are difficult, we will give a rope to the bourgeoisie and the bourgeoisie will hang itself with this rope.”

Then, Karl Radek, a witty fellow you may have heard of, said: “Vladimir Ilyich, where are we going to get enough rope to hang the whole bourgeoisie?”

Lenin said immediately: “They’ll supply us with it.”  -- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

This is their end goal.  They are not our friends.  They want us dead.  Their goal is to overthrow the Constitution, and they are using it for that goal.  That is straight up sedition that is law.

Liberals get the bullet too.

The only person showing cognitive dissonance  is you.

§2385. Advocating overthrow of Government
Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or

Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or

Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof—

https://kdow.biz/content/all/antifa-calls-for-overthrow-of-government-at-dc-rally

Activists could be heard chanting, "No borders, no wall, no USA at all."
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#16]
There was a fellow posting that he was quite happy about dumping his old screen name so yes.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 2:29:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Brownells's should build a wall.
What is a username and password going for on the open market these days?
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Me neither.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not seeing it myself.
Me neither.

Post whores !
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 3:10:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

ARFCOM has always been very clear that there isn't a political litmus test or requirement to post here.

The only "requirement" is some interest in the AR rifle platform, and even that is not a requirement, just a general expectation.  Obviously someone can join a Mustang car forum without owning a Mustang or even being interested in them.

The fact that MOST posters are conservative makes perfect sense, but obviously there will be a LOT of libertarians and independents that are interested in the AR platform as well.  As most members probably are conservatives, Democrats or left wingers who are interested in the AR platform are much less likely to enjoy the site, but as long as they follow the rules and refrain from trolling, there's nothing preventing them from registering and participating.   This principle has ALWAYS been the case, since the formation of AR15.com back in the 1990s.

The expectation that the membership of AR15.COM would be Christian Conservatives exclusively is a bizarre one, and is completely at odds with the founding principles and intent of the Avilas.

View Quote

This!  

Very Well Said DK-Prof !

Attachment Attached File

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 3:22:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Its like the reverse of that meme about liberals where anyone they dont like or disagree with is hitler. Anyone who doesnt gobble up what ever their favorite am radio host, or tv talking head, or twitter pundit have told them to think is a commie DU shill or marxist troll. They OBVIOUSLY voted for Biden.

This site is overwhelmingly on the right.The parties just a bit fractured right now. So to the people that live politics 24/7/365, they see witches everywhere.
View Quote

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Its like the reverse of that meme about liberals where anyone they dont like or disagree with is hitler. Anyone who doesnt gobble up what ever their favorite am radio host, or tv talking head, or twitter pundit have told them to think is a commie DU shill or marxist troll. They OBVIOUSLY voted for Biden.

This site is overwhelmingly on the right.The parties just a bit fractured right now. So to the people that live politics 24/7/365, they see witches everywhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:Biden voters
Biden voters everywhere

Or the younger members who live the intergenerational blame game 24/7/365 and see boomers everywhere.

“Everyone older than me is personally responsible for everything that I don’t like”.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 3:37:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not seeing it myself.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/30/2022 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Or the younger members who live the intergenerational blame game 24/7/365 and see boomers everywhere.

“Everyone older than me is personally responsible for everything that I don’t like”.
View Quote

Username checks out!
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 3:58:03 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't know how people find the time to make thousands of posts in a single decade, so the fact that many here (and on other forums) post thousands of times a year is honestly hard for me to believe. Of course, everyone is free to spend their time how they want. I just don't see the point most of the time. I'm typically searching out specific information that's already been answered numerous times, so it seems silly to make a post for little to no reason. I'm primarily here for the NV subforum and EE, but the more I come here for those subforums the more likely I am to visit other subs like GD. I *may* have 1,000 posts combined from all the forums I'm a member of by now over the past thirteen years or so.

I've started spending more time here over the past two years or so as other forums have started slowing down, and I prefer to stay off of most social media apps. The signal to noise ratio on other forums was once quite a bit better, but more and more those places are drying up and new topics with solid information are increasingly difficult to find. There is at least still heavy traffic here, and good info can be found if you're willing to look between the shenanigans.

Of course, that's probably what an alphabet-boy commie would say too... so tread lightly.

Link Posted: 12/30/2022 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Agreed. Unfortunately arf is to the the point where there’s several reasonably populated subgroups who all call each other trolls. The only way to “fix trolling” will be someone actually taking ownership of arf GD and making subjective calls that “poster X” is a dickhead who needs to go. They’ll piss people off in the process.

While I think site leadership (or lack thereof) is an issue, it’s also a shit sandwich that I understand their reluctance to bite as long as they can avoid doing so.
View Quote

It's almost as if there should be a small forum where users can air out grievances in a no holds barred format where each party can show the others comments and then demand explanation, which will result in a predetermined punishment that all can abide by.

If only .....
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

that sounds just like something a Biden voter would say. Im keeping an eye on you!
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 4:50:04 PM EDT
[#27]
I wonder if there is a way to map their posting activity. It would be interesting to see if it correlates to certain events.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Not seeing it myself.
View Quote

I'm just here for the sentence diagrams and investment advice.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#29]
I’m only posting this to see what my post count is.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 5:07:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Thought you were supposed to be watching me.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
for some reason in the past few days I have noticed a few things about our "membership"

1- people with under 300 posts that have been registered here for many, many years

2- people with thousands of posts, but I can't remember ever seeing them post before on a basis that would be equivalent to their posting numbers.

are we seeing name changes?
member alias takeovers by 3rd parties?
Troll accounts?

anyone noticed any other anomalies?

View Quote
I get complaints when I post. I get complaints when I lurk.

Tough crowd.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Not seeing it myself.
View Quote

Yeah, I don't know what OP is on about.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 5:22:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I imagine some people on here just absorb the mainstream propaganda and repeat it.

That said it is not hard to believe the the govt narrative pushers who have manipulated twitter and other social media to push a narrative have figured out a way to hack ar15.com and other online forums to manipulate public opinion.

View Quote
They don't need to hack it. They're gladly given access for free, or can look at bikinis for only $24.00.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Careful with that or somebody might blow a tranny.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 5:39:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It's almost as if there should be a small forum where users can air out grievances in a no holds barred format where each party can show the others comments and then demand explanation, which will result in a predetermined punishment that all can abide by.

If only .....
View Quote
We can call it the Festivus Forum.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I get complaints when I post. I get complaints when I lurk.

Tough crowd.
View Quote

Just posts 2x more and you'll be off his radar.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 6:20:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Not seeing it myself.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not seeing it myself.
View Quote

??
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 8:29:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Not seeing it myself.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/30/2022 8:40:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

LOL.  Board traffic would drop to almost zero.  They'd go broke.
View Quote

Yep. That's how you kill a forum.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The thing I love the most about these posts, is the idea that our members have a heightened sense of our importance and influence. We're just like Twitter! And Facebook! Woo Hoo!

Newsflash: We're not that big of a deal, in 2022. If you're a Fed looking to bust some idiots, you're better served cruising Facebook, Reddit, TikTok, etc, etc, etc.

Moderators actually bitch at us, because they're not allowed to read comments on y'alls accounts anymore. So yeah, they're totally able to insert table rows in a DB that I and one other guy alone, control. Jesus Christ, you maniacs.

"Does ARF do it?"

No. The answer is a very hard no. I'll quit and go work somewhere else for more money, before I'll be party to that horseshit. Good enough for you?

Stupid question. I know it isn't. You already have your mind made up.
View Quote

I know I'm one of very few posters on here who think the place is undermoderated, but... shouldn't they? Seems there's enough difficulty formally identifying retreads and agitators until they're a thousand posts deep as it is.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The thing I love the most about these posts, is the idea that our members have a heightened sense of our importance and influence. We're just like Twitter! And Facebook! Woo Hoo!

Newsflash: We're not that big of a deal, in 2022. If you're a Fed looking to bust some idiots, you're better served cruising Facebook, Reddit, TikTok, etc, etc, etc.

Moderators actually bitch at us, because they're not allowed to read comments on y'alls accounts anymore. So yeah, they're totally able to insert table rows in a DB that I and one other guy alone, control. Jesus Christ, you maniacs.

"Does ARF do it?"

No. The answer is a very hard no. I'll quit and go work somewhere else for more money, before I'll be party to that horseshit. Good enough for you?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Real question is, is how in bed is ARF with the Feds. We know they work with them. How much do they work with them?

Accounts are just rows in a database. Do Feds ask "Hey moderator X, we need 10 new accounts created for us this week. Use these 10 email addresses. Make 3 of them from 2001, and 7 from 2009 and give us the passwords." Does ARF do it?

We know this is a giant honeypot and always has been, but times are a changin' - it may be way worse than any of us are aware of.

"Does ARF do it?"

What comments? Like the comments on the warnings/bans?
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

What comments? Like the comments on the warnings/bans?
View Quote

Typical comment: This guy is a fag and his shit's all fucked up.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 8:52:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Not seeing it myself.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 8:57:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Not seeing it myself.
View Quote

Me neither.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Me neither.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not seeing it myself.

Me neither.
I'm impressed.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:12:14 PM EDT
[#49]
A lot has changed with posting habits with social media in general. Add to that constant flow of global news of crazy shit 24/7 on social media. If someone created an account in 2001 they probably won't have a big post count unless they formed a habit to post a lot. They may only post about things they care a lot about like a major election. People around 21 years old now likely grew up with shit loads of social media. Posting a bunch of comments isn't new to them. So 2022 accounts post a bunch of crazy shit.

I know several people in real life that surf arfcom but almost never post. I've seen them get accused of being "glowies" when they do post lol.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I know several people in real life that surf arfcom but almost never post. I've seen them get accused of being "glowies" when they do post lol.
View Quote

You know people in real life!?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top