Page / 56
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 12:30:29 AM EDT
[#1]
page 55
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 1:59:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We wanted to represent the wide scope of missions and uses of the helicopter.  Going with the fade allowed us to also produce a  more artistic over all feel with the background too.

With the subtleness of the fade, most people don't even notice the ""Blackhawk medevac" side until they walk to the inside of the display room.    Then they see the Katrina/Michael  rescue scenes behind it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why did you go with a split theme on the appearance of the helicopter?
We wanted to represent the wide scope of missions and uses of the helicopter.  Going with the fade allowed us to also produce a  more artistic over all feel with the background too.

With the subtleness of the fade, most people don't even notice the ""Blackhawk medevac" side until they walk to the inside of the display room.    Then they see the Katrina/Michael  rescue scenes behind it.
I dig it

I think it adds to it.

Very impressive project
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive got the HMX-1 flag in the case and hopefully have the certificate frame stained to match.

If they dont close down the school for floor refinish, I might be able to get in there later in the week and get them hung up.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Update 7/22

Floors were dry, and I only got caught by the Principal and Vice Principal sneaking into the school to install the new HMX-1 flag and certificate.

Not sure if I showed this off before but members of the 101st Airborne sent two flags and two certificates.  One was for me to put up in my home.  This one was flown by Shadow Dustoff, Charlie Company 6-101 AVN RGT (Air Ambulance) on a medevac mission in TAAC-East, Afghanistan.   I'm extremely humbled.  

I found a perfect spot right next to a pastel drawing by one of my former students.

Link Posted: 7/22/2019 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#5]
That's awesome!

Round these parts, it's only 3 or 4 weeks till school starts.  We need some kind of system wide AR15.com alert when you start the new project thread.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That's awesome!

Round these parts, it's only 3 or 4 weeks till school starts.  We need some kind of system wide AR15.com alert when you start the new project thread.
View Quote
Yeah, here too.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:30:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 12:08:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Update 7/22

Floors were dry, and I only got caught by the Principal and Vice Principal sneaking into the school to install the new HMX-1 flag and certificate.

https://i.imgur.com/xwJmjSD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LRVAHAP.jpg

Not sure if I showed this off before but members of the 101st Airborne sent two flags and two certificates.  One was for me to put up in my home.  This one was flown by Shadow Dustoff, Charlie Company 6-101 AVN RGT (Air Ambulance) on a medevac mission in TAAC-East, Afghanistan.   I'm extremely humbled.  

I found a perfect spot right next to a pastel drawing by one of my former students.

https://i.imgur.com/WF6bqBA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/nSxxxDD.jpg
View Quote
Outstanding!  What an honor for your students and yourself.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 2:39:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Little update today.

It's been the question of the day to me for many over the last few months, and I've stressed enough about it this summer, but I had an epiphany last night before bed, and now have the basic idea for the next project.

It's amazing what it's done to my attitude about the upcoming year.  I've been dreading the start of classes in a few weeks, but now I'm looking forward to it.

As many of you know already, our spaces are limited, and one of our last build areas is next to the Agricultural  and Robotics classrooms.  They approached me last year about building there, and are supportive of the idea, but want it related to their classrooms.

Thats been the tough part.  Building a tractor is not the most exciting idea to me, but with some suggestions from many of you, I think I've got a base idea that is going to be exciting and very relevant to my students and current events.

There will be a tractor featured, but the environment will morph from our local WY fields, to the Martian landscape.  No we won't be saving Matt Damon, but some of the agronomy and agricultural ideas in the film will be explored in the display.  Will there be a rocket?  SpaceX? Maybe.  I've got an idea in my head for that, but I need to go do some panning in the actual area a bit.

So there it is.  I'll be starting the new thread in the coming weeks.  Hopefully by then I'll have roughed out the idea a bit more so that Arfcom can do what it does best and tweak it to perfection.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#13]
looking forward to the next project
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 2:58:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Electric farm equipment with solar powred charging station.

There was some work done with fuel cell electric tractors in the late '50s and early '60. You might get some inspiration there.

Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:03:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Good seed of an idea, I hope you've read the book and not just watched the movie.  There might be a couple more tidbits you could use.
View Quote

I have not.

Thats what you are here for.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
KILLDOZER!!!! OHMYGOD! OHMYGOD! OHMYGOD! YES!!!

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:05:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Electric farm equipment with solar powred charging station.

There was some work done with fuel cell electric tractors in the late '50s and early '60. You might get wome inspiration there.

https://assets.hemmings.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/fourlinks_fuelcelltractor-970x683.jpg
View Quote
That is pretty cool.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:05:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:06:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:06:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Green houses from the olden days.

Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:08:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Here's John Deere's latest approach.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Next project ? 2019 is the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11 and Apollo 12 moon landings.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#24]
The wheels could be from this concept of a Mars rover.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The wheels could be from this concept of a Mars rover.
https://cdn2.atlantamagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2017/07/MarsRover9.jpg
View Quote

Damn,  I like that.  Fantastic idea.  Futuristic space tractor featured.  Yep, I like that.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 5:07:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Damn,  I like that.  Fantastic idea.  Futuristic space tractor featured.  Yep, I like that.
View Quote
I'm seeing a pressure suited farmer standing next to it with bibs on over the suit and a beat up John Deer hat on top of the helmet.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 5:09:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 5:17:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Like this guy, but wearing a subnet costume on top?

https://i.imgur.com/kJizl5l.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm seeing a pressure suited farmer standing next to it with bibs on over the suit and a beat up John Deer hat on top of the helmet.  
Like this guy, but wearing a subnet costume on top?

https://i.imgur.com/kJizl5l.jpg
Yeah, pretty much.  I was going with the classic white Apollo EVA suit, but that works too.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 5:53:41 PM EDT
[#30]

That was the first thing I thought of, but I couldn't find a pic of the farmer in his pressure suit.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 10:35:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 11:22:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 11:50:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You laughed. Admit it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You laughed. Admit it.
Of course I did.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Good job, but, like, what have you done for us lately?!

Kids are going back to school earlier and earlier.
What's the new project?

Are we there yet?
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Good job, but, like, what have you done for us lately?!

Kids are going back to school earlier and earlier.
What's the new project?

Are we there yet?
View Quote
I start again sometime after the 15th of his month, kids shortly after.
New thread is a couple weeks away.  

We are going to Mars.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 11:58:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
We are going to Mars.  
View Quote
Oh, boy, oh boy, oh boy! Everybody got their taters?!
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Guns great to hear...tractor like this?

old one?

and New rover tractor...this will be cool
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 2:09:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Guns great to hear...tractor like this? https://livinghistoryfarm.org/farminginthe20s/media/machines_0802.jpg

old one?

and New rover tractor...this will be cool
View Quote
I'm getting ready to start the new thread this week.  I'll hopefully get some visuals of what I'm hoping to see.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 2:33:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm getting ready to start the new thread this week.  I'll hopefully get some visuals of what I'm hoping to see.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Make sure to link it in this thread please We need Moar t-shirts....and...entertainment
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Too funny today.

I've been going in and getting some ordering done the last few days.  I always walk by the displays and trip the sensors to watch them.

Today I trip Marine One and all I get it flashing lights.

Then I reset,  and they do it again.    I hear the door motor move, but no door to go with it.

Then I notice the pattern in the lights.  Dit, dit dit, dot, dot dot, dit, dit, dit,.....  (repeating)  Its blinking SOS.  Our Robotics student very much went above and beyond with this.  

I looked inside and the chain connector had broken.  I replaced it and reset the program and all is up and working again.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 5:47:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 8:13:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
SOS is. Dit dit dit dah dah dah dit dit dit
View Quote
My applologies....I thought I had three dits in there, but my tablet doesn't recognize dits and wants to replace with dots.  I was going back and fixing them....I hought.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 8:17:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Update 7/22

https://i.imgur.com/xwJmjSD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LRVAHAP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WF6bqBA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/nSxxxDD.jpg
View Quote
That's so cool.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 2:47:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Had a good laugh today.  I may have heard this before and posted about it, but I don't remember.  I was checking on the wire that connects the door to the chain, and pushed the "program stop" switch.  When I was done and turned it all back in, Jabba The Hut started laughing at me.  

It was pretty funny.  Our Robotics/valedictorian has quite the sense of humor.  
Page / 56
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top