Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:13:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Fucking idiots and their stupid mutts. Pit owners are worse than the dogs.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:14:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My golden is deadly dangerous

https://i.imgur.com/yxud456.jpg
View Quote

He's just waiting for his moment....  I'm keeping a careful eye on my Westie
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:15:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This is horrible. My wife knows and works with the mother. She is such a sweet person. My wife is devastated right now. This is so sickening. Please keep them in your prayers or whatever you do. As the father of 2 young kids, I can't even imagine. I'm sick right now.
View Quote

Horrible. I'd flay those dogs layer by layer.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:17:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Family owned a $360,000 home,... they look like they're doing pretty decent for themselves from photos from the article.

But of course, Pitbull owners will chime in "Oh, they're just low class trailer trash that probably beat their dogs and shit. MY DOGS ARE DIFFERENT! Hur Dur"
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:18:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:22:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I own a pit bull and would never let him around children. They are predisposed to challenging anything that enters their territory.

A coworker had a family reunion and their pit bull attacked a child at the end of the party. This was almost 40 years ago.

They put the dog down, but after they developed all the photos from their party, every picture of that dog was fixated on that kid.

Nobody noticed this despite an entire day of cooking out and drinking beer with the extended famt.

Pit bulls are incredibly loyal and protective of their owner and their property. They are not good with children or strangers.

They aren't the sharpest tool in the toolbox. Some people think they are, but I disagree. They are willful, stubborn and slow to learn.

My dog has been wearing a bark collar for over a year and only now discovered that his bark is the common denominator.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:25:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Steven Crowder has a pitbull...  I can't understand someone who can be well aware of crime statistics... and all it entails and yet *STILL* be OK with having a Pitbull in his home with kids?
He always loves to talk about "Bridled strength" on his show and talks about his white pitbull that would never hurt a fly.  

It seriously boggles the mind that someone who should know better, would make such a stupid decision as having pitbulls and kids in the same house.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:27:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Horrible. I'd flay those dogs layer by layer.
View Quote

It's like the scorpion and the frog  

They are animals the blame lies fully on the parents
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:41:05 PM EDT
[#9]
If you look at the list, it seems the statistic is likely far worse than despite 6%=60%.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States

60% of all fatal dog attacks appear to be pitbulls... and the majority of the rest seem to be dog breeds that are similar in appearance and temperament to pitbulls.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:46:37 PM EDT
[#10]
It's not the dog's fault, I bet the kids made a rapid movement or wore a tshirt with a color on it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:48:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's not the dog's fault, I bet the kids made a rapid movement or wore a tshirt with a color on it.
View Quote

Its the kids fault really. Those poor pits, they were only defending themselves!
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:59:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Trash dogs, and trash people.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 11:11:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 11:28:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If you look at the list, it seems the statistic is likely far worse than despite 6%=60%.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States

60% of all fatal dog attacks appear to be pitbulls... and the majority of the rest seem to be dog breeds that are similar in appearance and temperament to pitbulls.

View Quote

Searched "Golden" and "Retriever" with CTRL+F on that page.

Zero results.  That's odd...

Link Posted: 10/7/2022 12:45:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No it's not.
Your ar15 is an inanimate object.
These dogs are able to act with or without human intervention.
View Quote

^
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 1:02:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Banning a certain breed of dog is akin to banning a certain type of rifle.

Be responsible. Little kids and loaded guns don't mix. Nor do little kids and large, powerful dogs.

"But my Pit Bull is so sweet and gentle."

So is my AR-15.
View Quote

Wow, what an inane argument.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 1:07:28 AM EDT
[#18]
I noticed something about pitbulls.  You see their owners walking them more than most other breeds.  Maybe they are just super popular, or maybe I live in an area where they are popular.

Or maybe, the owners have a need to be seen with the pitbulls that owners of other breeds don't have.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 1:09:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I noticed something about pitbulls.  You see their owners walking them mote than most other breeds.  Maybe they are just super popular, or maybe I live in an area where they are popular.

Or maybe, the owners have a need to be seen with the pitbulls that owners of other breeds don't have.
View Quote

Lmao
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 1:10:31 AM EDT
[#20]
people that leave babies with any adult dogs are idiots.  People who leave babies with pit bulls: double idiots.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 1:11:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Fucking idiots and their stupid mutts. Pit owners are worse than the dogs.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 1:12:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Shitbulls are ticking time bombs. These people had those dogs for years before they snapped. It's in their genes they can't help it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 2:02:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Well, that’s silly.
Our Golden’s aren’t ever going to dangerous. To anyone.
Our GSD/Great Dane mix? He’s dangerous as hell to you, if you’re a threat.
But he’s smart enough, and he’s bred to know who our kids are, and he would die protecting them.

The reality is that some breeds are good in families, some are not.
Pit Bulls are not. Period.
View Quote

Even a one time startle response from a golden can end poorly for a small child.  Even a great dog shouldn't be trusted around a child until the child is big enough their face is out of incidental nip range, and they know not to antagonize or startle the dog.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 2:44:41 AM EDT
[#24]
This is pretty shitty.

I don't even leave our kids with our miniature retard, until they're big enough to easily pick her up.

She's truly not aggressive, but she's getting older, grayer, and a little less patient these days.  She'll give you the nip if you wake her up like a fucking primitive while she's sleeping.

She knows better for the most part, when the kids get rowdy or the nerf guns come out, she hops up, and finds somewhere else to be, like in the office, or laundry room dirty clothes pile.  She fully understands her place in the pecking order in our house.

All that said, she's still an animal and if momma and me are upstairs playing around, her ass gets locked in the bathroom if the our youngest kid is awake.  You just never know.

Old ass violent retard dogs are a disaster waiting to happen.  Bad eye sight, bad hearing, going more retarded than normal.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 2:46:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Did they use salt?
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 2:52:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I noticed something about pitbulls.  You see their owners walking them more than most other breeds.  Maybe they are just super popular, or maybe I live in an area where they are popular.

View Quote

Interesting. I don't see people walking pitbulls that often here. Most people with pitbulls just leave them in their yards.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 12:49:19 PM EDT
[#27]
As others said the dogs look to have been around long before the kids were born. Once the kids were introduced the dogs perceived the kids as a threat to be protected from. They were not used to having those kids around. They were a ticking time bomb.  Nothing left to say that’s good about the parents or about people who own them with kids around except that you put your family in unnecessary risk. Poor kids
At least they are in a better place
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 12:50:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Sad
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 1:14:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Interesting. I don't see people walking pitbulls that often here. Most people with pitbulls just leave them in their yards.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Around here it's mostly white woman with a "who rescued who" sticker on their car. They walk them in harnesses so they have no control and the dog just pulls them around.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 10:43:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Dogs bred for violence doing violent things.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 11:08:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#32]
I have never been a Dog Person and got to our Husky via Marriage of his Mommy.
He is as calm as a Dog can be but i am allways uneasy if Kids are arround and therefore he is allways in grabbing distance or on the leash. You just cant trust little kids, their stumple their way forward, stick their hands arround without coordination on and into everything.
you never know how any dog reacts when a kid pokes his eyes or ears.

One of our neighbors had a little Pitmix who full speed headbutted our dog in the side and he just shrugged it off. But these Dogs make me uneasy.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 11:30:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Around here it's mostly white woman with a "who rescued who" sticker on their car. They walk them in harnesses so they have no control and the dog just pulls them around.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/8/2022 12:05:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I own a pit and my dog could possibly be dangerous to children (he's never exhibited aggressive behavior towards other dogs or my friends older children) I won't allow small children around my dog. And I keep him secured in a fenced in yard under supervision or on a strong leash when out to vet trips. I'm hyper paranoid about my dog hurting someone. He's been an amazing dog but i will always have that worry in the back of my mind so I am vigilant.
View Quote

Uh……. You know that’s not what owning a dog is supposed to be like right?  Do you know that? Because I feel like you don’t know that
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Even a one time startle response from a golden can end poorly for a small child.  Even a great dog shouldn't be trusted around a child until the child is big enough their face is out of incidental nip range, and they know not to antagonize or startle the dog.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that’s silly.
Our Golden’s aren’t ever going to dangerous. To anyone.
Our GSD/Great Dane mix? He’s dangerous as hell to you, if you’re a threat.
But he’s smart enough, and he’s bred to know who our kids are, and he would die protecting them.

The reality is that some breeds are good in families, some are not.
Pit Bulls are not. Period.

Yeah, I don't leave our young full size poodle alone around the kids either.

He's a very smart dog, but still uncoordinated and still a puppy. And still has teeth.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 4:25:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Shit bulls
Worthless fuck dogs
They have infested damn near the entire mutt breed in the USA
It's had to find a mutt to adopt that isn't some sort of pit bill mox.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 4:51:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Got a friend that does rescues, the 2 latest dogs they have pit blood in them, I can tell by looking at them, they keep asking me to adopt. I've told him every time there is no way in hell. They have no idea what the makeup is of these mutts, and the bigger one won't even come near me. Oh, and they've had them for 2 months and the bigger one still acts the same way to my buddy.

I'm a dog guy, love all breeds and generally have no issues with making friends with them. I was in the kitchen at their house last week and the dog started barking at me, from the other room. Then it came in the doorway and started barking, then it ran to the other doorway and started barking. I chased it's ass outdoors and closed the door behind it. It was about 2 seconds from getting brained with a pot if it got any closer. Fuck a pit bull....
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 5:44:55 PM EDT
[#38]
All I have to offer is that shit bull eradication is the only thing on which /pol/ and /leftypol/ agree.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Brown dog was not pitbull. Maybe a mix, but I guess every dog is pitbull as every gun is ar15.

Black and white dog I couldn't even see a good shot of him. The media loves their boogie men, and some are silly enough to buy into it.

Doesn't really matter though. Powerful animals with poor training or worse by owners and especially with children is a bunch of dumb ideas when combined.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 6:18:05 PM EDT
[#40]
My daughter owns her house outright due to a pit/chow mix.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
He growled at my son for no reason as he and my wife were coming up the stairs, second time and for no reason.  We weren't sure the first time was a growl but the second was unmistakable and just odd, no hair raised and he just looked different.  That night he was sitting next to me on the couch and again, and it's hard to describe, just like a different animal moved in.  The next am he went after our Great Dane, never had an issue with each other for six years and again this was unprovoked and very odd for him.

He had a full check up the week before and got a clean bill of health so we don't think it's a medical issue or anything like that.  

Either way, I fear for the safety of my family around him at this point but I feel like a piece of shit at the same time.
View Quote
You're doing the right thing.

My ex had a dog, it was a Great Dane/Rhodesian Ridgeback mix. He was kind of an asshole that liked to bark and growl at people coming in the house until you told him to shut up, but he was always good with our son, until one night he wasn't. He woke up from a nap on the couch next to my ex one night and started growling, then ran up the stairs to my son's room and was snarling and snapping trying to get at him in bed. Luckily being an older big dog his hips were fucked up and he couldn't get up on the bed (my son has a king sized bed and was sleeping against the wall)

His mom had the dog put down the next day and kept him shut away in the basement until it was time. No idea what happened, my son was asleep in a different part of the house and the dog decided after 4 years of being a good dog that all of a sudden he wasn't. IDK if it was sundowner's and he got confused, or if my son made a noise in his sleep that sounded like a prey noise? It's not a risk I would be willing to take if a dog started displaying aggression for seemingly no reason.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I own a pit and my dog could possibly be dangerous to children (he's never exhibited aggressive behavior towards other dogs or my friends older children) I won't allow small children around my dog. And I keep him secured in a fenced in yard under supervision or on a strong leash when out to vet trips. I'm hyper paranoid about my dog hurting someone. He's been an amazing dog but i will always have that worry in the back of my mind so I am vigilant.
View Quote

@Tony7189
I think it’s mature of you to recognize that, but let me just ask, why would you keep a dog like that?

I just couldn’t take that risk. God forbid he ever does get out. Or some kid hops your fence quick to grab his frisbee, or football, or whatever.
There are just too many scenarios where all the planning and containment efforts just fail.

I mean, I get your history with it, but if there is a doubt, there is no doubt.

I have to say, the first day I had concerns about my dog being dangerous to someone in any non protection scenario, would be that dogs last day.
You can’t rewire them, they can’t ‘learn’ to change. They are what they are.

And if that ‘are’ is dangerous… then you have to ask yourself some hard questions. What are you willing to lose for your loyalty to an animal?
Your life savings?
Your freedom?
Are you willing to let someone else lose maybe their life? Because you like your dog?

I’m not trying to pass any judgement on you or anything, I think it’s good that you’ve considered the possibility. But you have to be honest about the risk.

I wish you the best.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#43]

There is a lot of truth to that.

We are raising our daughter with a Great Pyrenees. Despite guarding our daughter and being a gentle giant with her, they still aren’t allowed alone together. People think Pit Bulls have bite strength, they don’t have shit on a Pyr.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 8:08:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Steven Crowder has a pitbull...  I can't understand someone who can be well aware of crime statistics... and all it entails and yet *STILL* be OK with having a Pitbull in his home with kids?
He always loves to talk about "Bridled strength" on his show and talks about his white pitbull that would never hurt a fly.  

It seriously boggles the mind that someone who should know better, would make such a stupid decision as having pitbulls and kids in the same house.

View Quote

I thought Joe Lewis was a Dogo Argentino but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 8:16:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Banning a certain breed of dog is akin to banning a certain type of rifle.

Be responsible. Little kids and loaded guns don't mix. Nor do little kids and large, powerful dogs.

"But my Pit Bull is so sweet and gentle."

So is my AR-15.
View Quote
Except the rifle won't randomly get up off the floor and eat your face.  This is a poor analogy.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Trash breed owned by trash people.

Like a lot of other breeds, they were bred for a specific purpose. That purpose is now obsolete, and we can allow the breed to die out peacefully.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 11:32:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Never.

Everyone thinks "my dog wouldn't hurt a fly!"

Literally all of them.

I don't know any pitbull owners that think "Damn, my dog is fucking dangerous as hell...I'd not let it be around a child."

Not one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jesus, when will people learn...

Never.

Literally all of them.

I don't know any pitbull owners that think "Damn, my dog is fucking dangerous as hell...I'd not let it be around a child."

Not one.

Yep.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 11:34:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never.

Literally all of them.

Not one.

Honest question, not trying to be snarky - if you recognize all that, what's the point?  Or is all that danger and aggression the point?
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 11:53:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The Uncle posted this to Social media recently.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
The Uncle posted this to Social media recently.

Just an update on my nephew and his wife. As of yet there are no funeral arrangements for the kids. Kirstey is still in the hospital with an uncountable amount of stitches and bite marks over her entire body including her face. Both arms and legs are bandaged/wrapped up completely. As of now it looks like there isn't any permanent damage other than a heart that will never heal. Kirstey is a f&cking hero! This attack lasted over 10 minutes and she never gave up trying to save these babies. Now all of us, family and friends,  have to rally around both of them and show them how much they are loved . I don't know if there can be a healing process but hopefully we can ALL find a way to cope with this tragedy.

She's not a hero, she's a negligent parent.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top