Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 307
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 12:13:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Alacran:
Large hail is the scariest weather event I’ve ever been through.  That includes near misses by tornadoes.  Nothing like being woke up at midnight to softball sized hail bombarding everything.  My neighbor had a hailstone go completely through their roof and land in the living room floor.

News reports are saying this is becoming more & more common and now occurring in places that usually don’t see hail, like Florida.

A local Dallas station had a color code chart to show hail sizes during a weather report a few years ago.  That chart ranged from pea sized hail all the way up to bowling ball sized hail.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCO_ZYGvWnY
View Quote

People wonder why I'm building a concrete house.....
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 12:17:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Nailcrusher:

How this isn’t being talked about by our government and prioritized as a huge national security issue is beyond me. Arresting a couple Chinese guys in New York City last week acting as Chinese cops and labeling it a major national security issue pales in comparison.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

How this isn’t being talked about by our government and prioritized as a huge national security issue is beyond me. Arresting a couple Chinese guys in New York City last week acting as Chinese cops and labeling it a major national security issue pales in comparison.

Given how fragile our power grid is (remember the the substation that was shot up by AKs?), I expect most of those Chicoms will engage in sabotage. I'm seriously thinking that, given the way things are aligning, it all kicks off before the next election. Then, it will be really bad.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 12:31:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:
Okay we still have food so why is this thread so long

Quick run down?
View Quote
You know why. Doomers need a constant supply of bad news to maintain the facade of "Any day now". If you are an older person you'd know this shit has been playing out since before time began. I dont know why, but some people just need to think the world is ending just any day now. Yet it never, ever does.

Theres always bad news. Its what the news does. No one would watch it if it were otherwise. But it makes it easy to get caught in the echo chamber of "Any day now"....
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 12:57:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
You know why. Doomers need a constant supply of bad news to maintain the facade of "Any day now". If you are an older person you'd know this shit has been playing out since before time began. I dont know why, but some people just need to think the world is ending just any day now. Yet it never, ever does.

Theres always bad news. Its what the news does. No one would watch it if it were otherwise. But it makes it easy to get caught in the echo chamber of "Any day now"....
View All Quotes

Quick run down?

Some of us have made so many laps around the sun, we qualify as astronauts.

No, much of what we've seen the last 3+ years has never played out in the past. When has the entire country come to virtually a standstill in living memory? Kung Flu and 9/11 are both post Y2K. When have 15,000 illegals ever streamed across the border in one single border town in a single week? Never, until this week. When has the US ever had a debt vs GDP as high as we currently have? Oh, that's right, never. Not even at the end of WW2. So, no, this isn't like it has been in the past. Not even close.

The world doesn't have to be ending to recognize there is a lot of bad things happening simultaneously both here and abroad. Not facing reality won't shield you from the negative effects of those bad things that are happening. It only makes you less able to weather the storm, whatever that storm may ultimately be.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:06:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

No, much of what we've seen the last 3+ years has never played out in the past. When has the entire country come to virtually a standstill in living memory? Kung Flu and 9/11 are both post Y2K. When have 15,000 illegals ever streamed across the border in one single border town in a single week? Never, until this week. When has the US ever had a debt vs GDP as high as we currently have? Oh, that's right, never. Not even at the end of WW2. So, no, this isn't like it has been in the past. Not even close.

The world doesn't have to be ending to recognize there is a lot of bad things happening simultaneously both here and abroad. Not facing reality won't shield you from the negative effects of those bad things that are happening. It only makes you less able to weather the storm, whatever that storm may ultimately be.
View All Quotes

Quick run down?

You think this is the first time "This has never happened before!" has happened? Every single day is a new high on our debt. Its been going on for decades. When has the country shut down? Fuck, remember the gas crisis in the 70's? If you really want to talk about bad things, lets talk the Cuban missile crisis when there was an actual concern of nuclear war! Interest rates? You recall the 80s? How about Peak oil in the late 90's? Was going to be the end of cheap energy in the world.

As I said, theres always bad news. There has been since newspapers were printed. What we're seeing today is unique. You are right. None the less, we'll all go to work and we'll all come home and we'll all have a nice dinner....Just like everyone has in all the previous "never been done before!" crisis's that were going to be the end of the world.......At some point you just outgrow it. This is just another flavor on the same meal doomers have bene cooking for centuries. But its damn sure nothing new.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 2:41:39 AM EDT
[#6]
As I said, theres always bad news. There has been since newspapers were printed. What we're seeing today is unique. You are right. None the less, we'll all go to work and we'll all come home and we'll all have a nice dinner....Just like everyone has in all the previous "never been done before!" crisis's that were going to be the end of the world.......At some point you just outgrow it. This is just another flavor on the same meal doomers have bene cooking for centuries. But its damn sure nothing new.
View Quote

You're laughably incorrect, and in all likelihood neither you nor I will live out our natural lives.

You would have mocked Paul Revere when he said "The British are coming".
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 7:53:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Canoeguy] [#7]

You think this is the first time "This has never happened before!" has happened? Every single day is a new high on our debt. Its been going on for decades. When has the country shut down? Fuck, remember the gas crisis in the 70's? If you really want to talk about bad things, lets talk the Cuban missile crisis when there was an actual concern of nuclear war! Interest rates? You recall the 80s? How about Peak oil in the late 90's? Was going to be the end of cheap energy in the world.

View Quote

Sounds like this thread isn’t for you. So why shit it up.

And just to be clear all this thread is actually doing is reporting what is actually happening in our world. Factual goings on. You can use that information how you see fit.or you can ignore it altogether, while our country which is nothing like what it was even 20 years ago, continues to fall apart. That is your business not mine.

I know what I see happening in my industries and I can see where things are headed if there isn’t some miraculous turn around. Therefore I want to stay informed.

So you do you. But as the old saying goes, don’t piss on my leg and tell me it’s raining. Go live your life in someway more meaningful than shitting up things others appreciate.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 7:59:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Thousands of military age males have invaded and are just waiting to begin the sabotage. It's going to get ugly and e did it all to ourselves. Stolen elections have consequences
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 8:19:19 AM EDT
[#9]

CVS and Rite Aid aren't going anywhere. When they announce they are closing "unprofitable" stores, take that to mean they are closing stores in areas where retail theft is high and there is no likelihood of that changing. This means they are closing stores in deep blue areas with a demographic that engages in that type of activity unfettered by prosecutions. Same with Big Lots.

Best Buy has had stores come and go for a decade. Not sure who there location picking team is but they don't seem to do a great job of it. Further, a lot of consumers (like me) have gotten tired of not seeing products in the stores. If I have to go on-line to get something, why would I use Best Buy vs Amazon?

Dollar General is another that isn't going anywhere. In fact, they've been opening stores like mad in many smaller towns where they have little to no competition. They have some of the same problems in certain "urban" areas that cause stores there to be "unprofitable".

Are we seeing a pattern here?
View Quote

I do site design for a Dollar General developer.  I have 4 new location stores on the schedule right now.

DG isn't going out of business.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:
What's he trying to sell now?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 8:28:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#11]

View All Quotes

Quick run down?

Where do you get your news and information from?  So, you’re an “older person” huh?  So you bring the wisdom of the Cuban missile crisis, the gas shortages of the early 70’s, how terrible the 80’s were?  That’s your examples of hard times, events that occurred within “your” lifetime?  What, the last 60 years?

Why didn’t you mention the riots and assassinations from the 60’s, the Iran hostage ordeal from the 70’s, the savings & loan crash and the Black Monday stock market crash of the 1980’s, the mass exportation of jobs, industry, & technology to countries like China in the 90’s?  How about the massive Federal government power grabs that happened during that timeframe?  Those all happened within your lifetime, too, right?  Wouldn’t those events be a better comparison of the events and lead-up to the climate of today?   Again, where do you get your news and information from?  The same medium you’ve been getting it for your whole life?

You at least point out that these things of today have happened before but act as though those things were never even discussed in this thread. The Fourth Turning book has been referenced many times in this thread by me and others.  I’ve even posted current interviews by one of the still living authors about what’s happening to day because this is the exact time period that the book said that hard times would happen again because of repeating cycles, which last about 80 years. It’s funny those “hard times” you gave as an example all happened within the past 60 or so years, so your experience as an “older person” really doesn’t mean shit in relation to the hardships that are actually happening today, now does it?

Why didn’t you give examples from history of “these things that have occurred since the beginning of time”?  I’ve at east heard stories of the Dust Bowl & Great Depression, firsthand from my great-grandmother when she lived in Oklahoma.  Now, that’s an example of hard times!  How about the war cycle that lead up to World War II?  Wouldn’t that have been a good example to give when comparing events of history with events of today?  We’ve discussed historical events and their comparison to what’s going on today many, many times in this thread.  Hell, those comparisons have been the biggest argument that hard times are indeed ahead for us.

Oh, but I’m just a “Doomer”.  So much so that you’ve even posted as such in other threads on a completely other topic.  How nice of you and how mature of you since your an “older person” with so much wisdom and knowledge to share.  Too bad name-calling seems to be the limit of that wisdom and knowledge.  I guess you learned that from your media sources that like to label anyone of different opinions with derogatory names.

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 8:40:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#12]
This has been going on in at least Ireland, the UK, and Australia.  If you support this type of behavior, welcome to the countercultural movement.

Rise of the ULEZ 'Blade Runners': The underground activists who've vowed to stop at nothing until they've 'taken down EVERY one of Sadiq Khan's low-emission cameras'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12011507/amp/ULEZ-Blade-Runners-want-one-Sadiq-Khans-low-emission-cameras.html

The Blade Runners Of Old London Town!

How to Avoid the New Greater London ULEZ Fine

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 8:45:03 AM EDT
[#13]
We've heard it's coming...for a while...

That said, the fed did come out and say a recession is likely. When they say something like that, it must be closer to a depression since they lie.

It seems like we are gearing up for summer or late summer perhaps?
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 9:09:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Listen to this video of what’s being proposed in Minnesota.
Will it pass? Doubtful and Hopefully not. But it’s the fact it’s even being proposed by a political party in this country.

And not to sound racist but the ethnicity (Chinese?) of the woman in the video is ironic as all hell.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By amannamedjed:

Man, Yon gets his licks in on everyone:  Tucker Carlson, Scott Adams, and this quote, “While effete bearded-boys (as Japanese say) like Peter Zeihan and Neil deGrasse Tyson are nothing more than paid actresses.”

Heh….

lol

Obviously, I like Yon but he’s too much of an absolutist at this point in the game.  I’ve been critical of Tucker Carlson on the Hunter Biden laptop story when he stopped coverage and stated that Hunter was a good person with problems.  I’ve also been reminded that Tucker abruptly stopped talking about the Las Vegas shooting incident, too, but with both of those incidences, who knows what pressures were put on him to stop talking about those topics and maybe others by Fox or some other group? There’s also the stopping of showing more videos regarding the Jan. 6th thing.  Otherwise, Tucker Carlson still talked about and informed a greater audience on many things that no one else was able to do.  

Let’s see what he does going forward and judge him when he obviously has no limitations.  That’s the time to be really be critical as that’s when those voices will be needed more than ever.

42.7 million views in a little over 12 hours. And 1.2 million in the last 30 minutes being it was 41.5 at 7am when I first saw it.

Tucker is going to be wildly successful and a pain in the corrupt governments and globalists sides. Hope he has a top notch security detail.

If it weren’t cancer, I believe “something else” would have removed Rush Limbaugh from the public airwaves by now.  Just look what’s happened in our society and the world since he died.

I’ve heard it will be a while before Tucker is able to make that “next step” due to contract restrictions and other legalities.  Meanwhile, I get the feeling that things may about to escalate as the America people have mostly been observers to world events and able to hear multiple viewpoints on these events within the past year or so.

Can’t allow too much idle time to go by for us to grow even angrier over what we’ve just seen and heard.

Applicable tweet -

Listen to this video of what’s being proposed in Minnesota.
Will it pass? Doubtful and Hopefully not. But it’s the fact it’s even being proposed by a political party in this country.

And not to sound racist but the ethnicity (Chinese?) of the woman in the video is ironic as all hell.

Funny how places on opposite side of the world can all have a similar movement.  It really is a small world after all.

Elon Musk: Euro Hate Speech Laws are a ‘Massive Attack Against Freedom of Speech’

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/04/30/elon-musk-euro-hate-speech-laws-are-a-massive-attack-against-freedom-of-speech/

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 9:13:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By heavymetal762:

Given how fragile our power grid is (remember the the substation that was shot up by AKs?), I expect most of those Chicoms will engage in sabotage. I'm seriously thinking that, given the way things are aligning, it all kicks off before the next election. Then, it will be really bad.
View Quote

Originally Posted By dude84:
Thousands of military age males have invaded and are just waiting to begin the sabotage. It's going to get ugly and e did it all to ourselves. Stolen elections have consequences
View Quote

Ran across this video a few days ago. Things that make you go hmmmmm……outfitting an army? She thinks it’s being shipped back to China. Very possibly. It could also be for outfitting an army here. Like the one walking across our southern border.

REAL LIFE DRAGON DAY SCENARIO?
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 9:14:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Five Factors that will result in Global Food Shortages

Part I

(1/2) Five Factors That Will Result in Global Food Shortages

Part II

(2/2) Five Factors That Will Result in Global Food Shortages (Brighteon.TV)

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#17]
HOW MANY MORE RALLY  -  AUSTIN, TX  - APRIL 29, 2023

Rally Organizer Mark Meckler discusses the rally and upcoming HB20 to give Texas more control over securing the border with Mexico
'The Cartels Control Our Entire Border': Border Crisis Ignites Push for Texas to Take Major Action

Must have a YT account to view the rally videos and pass through age confirmation levels due to graphic images

Austin Rally Part I
OFFICIAL STREAM: How Many More? Rally from Austin, Texas

Austin Rally Part II
OFFICIAL STREAM: How Many More? Rally PART 2

KEY SPEAKERS

TED NUGENT
Legendary Guitarist and American Role Model

LARA LOGAN
Emmy Award Winning Journalist and Former Foreign War Correspondent for CBS News and 60 Minutes

REV. SAMUEL RODRIGUEZ
NHCLC, President & CEO

REP. CHIP ROY
U.S. Rep - TX21

CJ PEARSON
PragerU Personality

MARK MORGAN
Border Security and Immigration Center at The Heritage Foundation, Visiting Fellow

VIRGINIA KRIEGER
Lost Voices of Fentanyl, Co-President

JAESON JONES
CEO of Omni Intelligence / Retired Captain of DPS Counterterrorism Division

CRAIG SAWYER
Veterans For Child Rescue, Founder and CEO & Former Navy Seal who served at the elite Seal Team One (DEVGRU)

VICTOR AVILA
Retd. Supervisory Special Agent with ICE

DR. MIKE VICKERS
Texas Border Volunteers, Founder

ROY BOYD
Goliad County Sheriff

GEORGE RODRIGUEZ
El Conservador, Radio Show Host

JEFFREY STAMM
Former DEA Deputy Chief of International Operations

SARAH CHITTUM
Texas Gulf Coast War on Fentanyl, Founder

GETANEH M. GETANEH
Watch and Pray Ministries, Founder

MARK MECKLER
Convention of States, President & Master of Ceremonies

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:14:13 AM EDT
[#18]

If you really want to talk about bad things, let’s talk the Cuban missile crisis when there was an actual concern of nuclear war!

View Quote

Putin and the Russian government have been making nuclear threats for months now.  North Korea has been doing the same, in word or just by action, and China, a nuclear power, is constantly threatening Taiwan.  The U.S. is beginning to produce new nuclear warheads and update or refurbish both weapons and delivery systems.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:17:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Never happened and never will happen?

Here are examples of societal collapse according to Wikipedia.

Akkadian Empire
Hittite Empire
Mycenaean Greece
Neo-Assyrian Empire
Angkor civilization of the Khmer Empire
Han and Tang dynasty of China
Izapa
Maya civilization (Classic Maya collapse)
Munhumutapa Empire
Olmec
Sumer by the Akkadian Empire
Kingdom of Israel by Assyria
Ancient Egypt by the Libyans, Nubians, Assyria, Babylonia, Persian rule, Greece, Ptolemaic dynasty, and the Roman Empire[97]
Babylonia by the Hittites
Britons by the Anglo-Saxons, and then by the Normans
Khazar Khaganate by the Eastern Slavs of the Kievan Rus'
Eastern Roman Empire (Medieval Greek) by western and eastern neighbouring powers, and ultimately by the Ottoman Empire
Destruction of Khitan Western Liao dynasty, Jurchen Jin dynasty, Tangut Xia dynasty, Nanzhao, Song dynasty, Khwarazmian empire, Abbasid Caliphate, Ayyubids, Nizari Ismaili state, Sultanate of Rum, Kievan Rus, Volga Bulgaria and Cumans by the Mongol Empire
Champa Kingdom by Vietnam during its Southward Expansion[98]
Aztec, Incan, and Maya civilizations by the Spanish Empire
Seven Spanish Cities by the Mapuche
Garamantes by the Umayyad Caliphate
Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth by the Kingdom of Prussia, Russian Empire and Archduchy of Austria
Cahokia
Norse colony on Greenland
Original Polynesian civilization on Pitcairn Island and Henderson Island
Malden Island
Flinders Island

For some reason, they don’t include the fall of the Roman Empire, the most famous collapse of all.

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

The real blackpill lies in why is this being allowed to happen.

I'm not convinced this is happening just because Mayorkas is incompetent or doesn't care.

When these thousands of Chinese guys all coordinate an op to a certain day or hour the infrastructure will be brought to its knees.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:19:23 AM EDT
[#21]

I take it you’ve read the original write-up by Michael Yon and familiar with his background.  A two year food supply to handle a potential global famine prediction is out there but afterwards, news article and events started happening that started giving credence to his warnings such as the impact of farming in Ukraine due to the war, the collapse of Sri Lanka, the farmer protests in the Netherlands, France, and eventually other countries due to environmental restrictions place on them by their governments.

As the Fall approached and then turned into Winter, inflation, supply chain problems, the sabotage of the Nordstream pipelines, energy regulations imposed by various European governments due to limited LNG supply all  started putting a strain on Europeans with stories of skipping meals because of inflation of food and heating bills.  The good news is that the European winter and American winter wasn’t nearly as bad as some predicted and feared.

In addition to that, the push by the WEF to do away with meat in favor of eating bugs, the massive influx of migration into both America and Europe, the global economic problems, the push for Digital ID, countries rolling out Central Bank Digital Currency with ties to a social credit system similar to China are a factor.  Of course the elephant in the room that would have the greatest impact towards causing a global famine is war that could expand to a world war as well as environmental events such as weather, volcanic eruptions and solar storms.

You can probably also get a rundown by listening to one of the recent Michael Yon interviews that I’ve posted on this page.

Yon’s timeline is definitely off but he still seems to understand the direction that things on a global scale are going.

View Quote

Just want to inquire a bit about the part in bold; does the WEF's "push" have any tangible weight here in the US?  I mean, what exactly can their influence have on the meat industry here?  I have a small pig farm 75 yards up the road from me, and a small dairy farm 75 yards further on.  What can the WEF realistically accomplish that would cause these two places to cease production of the bacon and milk I buy from them?  Is this like a large scale purchase of congresspeople to pass a law banning meat sales?  Would that be constitutional?  

I just don't see how the WEF is capable of affecting my breakfast sausage.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By jb1001:

Just want to inquire a bit about the part in bold; does the WEF's "push" have any tangible weight here in the US?  I mean, what exactly can their influence have on the meat industry here?  I have a small pig farm 75 yards up the road from me, and a small dairy farm 75 yards further on.  What can the WEF realistically accomplish that would cause these two places to cease production of the bacon and milk I buy from them?  Is this like a large scale purchase of congresspeople to pass a law banning meat sales?  Would that be constitutional?  

View Quote

They won't outright ban it, that's too easy and would cause too much backlash.

More Like:

* all major meat packers sign an agreement, to fight climate change, that all breakfast sausage must now contain 50% sausage, and 50% zee bugs. Then next year 40%/60% because it's a climate emergency.

* every pig slaughtered will be required to pay a $100 federal excise tax to offset the climate damage and carbon emissions. "we're not saying you can't have meat, we're just saying you need to pay your fair share of climate damage", then $200... then $300 each year.

IMO there's too many fellow travelers that have infested major corporations and the halls of government.  They've all been bought off. I think our best hope is to keep it local as much as possible.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:33:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By MiserableCAresident:

Putin and the Russian government have been making nuclear threats for months now.  North Korea has been doing the same, in word or just by action, and China, a nuclear power, is constantly threatening Taiwan.  The U.S. is beginning to produce new nuclear warheads and update or refurbish both weapons and delivery systems.  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MiserableCAresident:

If you really want to talk about bad things, let’s talk the Cuban missile crisis when there was an actual concern of nuclear war!

Also China and Russia are ahead of us in hypersonic missile technology which means their missiles no longer have to be parked just 90 miles away from our shores and also means our missile defense systems cannot protect us from a single missile attack, much less that a barrage of attacks.

That kind of sounds worse than the Cuban Missile Crisis scenario but since our bullshit media doesn’t talk about it as an actual threat, we’re all good.  

Everything’s fine! ®

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By gogetumnow:

I'm not convinced this is happening just because Mayorkas is incompetent or doesn't care.

When these thousands of Chinese guys all coordinate an op to a certain day or hour the infrastructure will be brought to its knees.
View All Quotes

Indeed.

I’ve had a lifetime dosage of black pills in the last few weeks.  The deeper you dig, the darker it gets.

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#25]
My paternal grandparents lived through the Great Depression and the Dust Bowl in Oklahoma. My father was born in the midst of the dust bowl.  I learned how to be frugal from them.

Don’t tell me hard times have never hit us before.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:49:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#26]

View Quote

They won't outright ban it, that's too easy and would cause too much backlash.

More Like:

* all major meat packers sign an agreement, to fight climate change, that all breakfast sausage must now contain 50% sausage, and 50% zee bugs. Then next year 40%/60% because it's a climate emergency.

* every pig slaughtered will be required to pay a $100 federal excise tax to offset the climate damage and carbon emissions. "we're not saying you can't have meat, we're just saying you need to pay your fair share of climate damage", then $200... then $300 each year.

IMO there's too many fellow travelers that have infested major corporations and the halls of government.  They've all been bought off. I think our best hope is to keep it local as much as possible.
View Quote

We are still at the mercy of the FDA. Just look how other government agencies like the ATF, IRS, CDC, etc… have put forth guidelines that quickly become law without the input of the Legislative Branch.  Look what’s going on with the Amish farms and communities.  Plus as you mention, only a few companies actually handle our food processing and distribution.  Isn’t the definition of Facism the cooperation of larger corporations and government to force their will on the people?

The indoctrination in schools is here for that, too.

Mom tells Jesse Watters daughter's school encouraged her to eat bugs

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:54:34 AM EDT
[#27]

We are still at the mercy of the FDA. Just look how other government agencies like the ATF, IRS, CDC, etc… have put forth guidelines that quickly become law without the input of the Legislative Branch.  Look what’s going on with the Amish farms and communities.  Plus as you mention, only a few companies actually handle our food processing and distribution.  Isn’t the definition of Facism the cooperation of larger corporations and government to force their will on the people?

View Quote

So it's the FDA, and not the WEF, that could have realistic, tangible effect on my day to day?  And what's going on with the Amish farms and communities?
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 12:02:36 PM EDT
[#28]
My paternal grandparents lived through the Great Depression and the Dust Bowl in Oklahoma. My father was born in the midst of the dust bowl.  I learned how to be frugal from them.

View Quote

Oklahoma is the most underrated state and most underrated people in America.  Okies certainly wouldn’t have tolerated what happened in Uvalde, Texas.

Sadly, my pride and respect for my state took a huge tumble that day.

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#29]

So it's the FDA, and not the WEF, that could have realistic, tangible effect on my day to day?  And what's going on with the Amish farms and communities?
View All Quotes

The WEF is absolutely influencing the governments in the EU.  It’s not really a stretch to see the Biden regime from accepting the same.  Also remember that many of the corporations are international companies, too, and more than willing to cooperate.

Biden administration targets Amish farmer with armed raid and $300K fine

U S Marshalls raid AMISH over FOOD! Small homesteads next?

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 12:51:16 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

@jb1001

Thank you for your honest & straightforward questions as well as your cordial dialogue.

The topics in this thread deserve questions as well as answers.  Actually, I’ve had to search for some of the answers to my own questions pertaining to this, too.

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#31]

Oklahoma is the most underrated state and most underrated people in America.  Okies certainly wouldn’t have tolerated what happened in Uvalde, Texas.

View Quote

Don’t be too hard on Texas. Every state has good people and bad people. Only the ratios change.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

The WEF is at the root of the problem. They’re using ultra wealthy globalist donor money (think Bill Gates) to buy and influence politicians and folks like the heads of the FDA. Then the FDA drives the change.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:18:12 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Quick run down?

set rantmode to on

Ignorance is a curable disease. Let me help you (and others) who may not be fully aware of all the facts.

Link

Take a look at the chart titled "U.S. National Debt Over the Last 100 Years". Notice anything unusual about that curve? That's right, it's exponential. Not linear. It was quasi-linear for a long while then it wasn't. If you look at debt to GDP (here) you will note it's higher now than it was just after WW2. If our elected (or selected depending on your POV) leaders do not have the will or the wisdom to reign in spending, then simple mathematics says the US goes broke. So, yes, this is new.

As for the energy situation, the Gulf Oil crisis was due to geopolitical events, not an actual shortage, which is why everyone knew it would only be a temporary situation (and it was). Peak oil was (and is) a fantasy and not widely reported or understood. Yes, I remember interest rates during the 80's. Do you remember why they were that high? Oh yeah, to curb double digit inflation. Guess why we have unabated inflation now? That's right, because we haven't responded by raising rates to a net positive relative to inflation. We could argue about the fact that if they were to rise that high, the Feral Government would not be able to pay even the interest on the debt and we'd be Zimbabwe. Basically, we're painted into a corner economically. So, yes, this is new.

Responding to bad news in a healthy way, ie, preparing as best as one can to deal with the negative aspects of trends, is the correct response. Burying one's head in the sand is not.

Also, in case you (or others) don't already know, there is what is referred to as a "Survival" forum (which is more of a level-headed preparedness forum) here on Arfcom. Feel free to roam about over here. There's a surprising amount of good, solid information there without the GD hand-wringing.

set rantmode to off
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:18:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#34]

Don’t be too hard on Texas. Every state has good people and bad people. Only the ratios change.
View All Quotes

Texas is a big state and different regions of Texas give a vibe that is completely different than regions in other parts of Texas.  If it had been just Uvalde, that would be one thing but it also ran through sheriff’s departments, DPS, Texas Rangers, as well as elected officials.  An unarmed mother showed way more courage and bravery that a multitude of certified peace officers on scene that were armed to the teeth.  

I’d like to think that wouldn’t happen in my region of Texas but I live close enough to D/FW that the attitude and culture is felt in my small town, too.  I’ve even trained with several of those peace officers from my area including D/FW but they’re also the type that seeks out the extra training to do their jobs well, too.  I don’t know what the others would do in certain situations, though.

OHP is constantly proving they are pretty much up to any task. I’ve had nothing but positive experiences with them, too, even in the several compromising situations I found myself in.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By trails-end:

I do site design for a Dollar General developer.  I have 4 new location stores on the schedule right now.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trails-end:

CVS and Rite Aid aren't going anywhere. When they announce they are closing "unprofitable" stores, take that to mean they are closing stores in areas where retail theft is high and there is no likelihood of that changing. This means they are closing stores in deep blue areas with a demographic that engages in that type of activity unfettered by prosecutions. Same with Big Lots.

Best Buy has had stores come and go for a decade. Not sure who there location picking team is but they don't seem to do a great job of it. Further, a lot of consumers (like me) have gotten tired of not seeing products in the stores. If I have to go on-line to get something, why would I use Best Buy vs Amazon?

Dollar General is another that isn't going anywhere. In fact, they've been opening stores like mad in many smaller towns where they have little to no competition. They have some of the same problems in certain "urban" areas that cause stores there to be "unprofitable".

Are we seeing a pattern here?

Ha! Thanks for that bit. Arfcom never ceases to amaze me in terms of the reach/expertise of forum members. "We" have people *everywhere*.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:31:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Canoeguy:

Sounds like this thread isn’t for you. So why shit it up.

And just to be clear all this thread is actually doing is reporting what is actually happening in our world. Factual goings on. You can use that information how you see fit.or you can ignore it altogether, while our country which is nothing like what it was even 20 years ago, continues to fall apart. That is your business not mine.

I know what I see happening in my industries and I can see where things are headed if there isn’t some miraculous turn around. Therefore I want to stay informed.

So you do you. But as the old saying goes, don’t piss on my leg and tell me it’s raining. Go live your life in someway more meaningful than shitting up things others appreciate.
View Quote

Well said.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

My dad was a kid during the Great Depression and my maternal grandmother lived on a farm during the same time period. The stories I got told were profoundly sad. Like yours, my parents were also exceptionally frugal folks due to that experience.

Hard times have hit us before. However, in the lives of most still alive, times have been "mostly" good. Is that likely to change? The trends are pointing in that direction. My contention about this thread is that more information is always preferable to less. More information/perspectives can help create a more robust response to the things that are out of our span of control.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#38]

My dad was a kid during the Great Depression and my maternal grandmother lived on a farm during the same time period. The stories I got told were profoundly sad. Like yours, my parents were also exceptionally frugal folks due to that experience.

Hard times have hit us before. However, in the lives of most still alive, times have been "mostly" good. Is that likely to change? The trends are pointing in that direction. My contention about this thread is that more information is always preferable to less. More information/perspectives can help create a more robust response to the things that are out of our span of control.
View All Quotes

Yes and that’s an important lesson to get from this too that their struggle and perseverance through those hard times gave way for us to have the ease and abundance that we were able to experience.

Now the cycle is about to repeat.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Israelis are still pissed.

Israeli police disperse, detain protesters on highway

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#40]

@jb1001

Thank you for your honest & straightforward questions as well as your cordial dialogue.

The topics in this thread deserve questions as well as answers.  Actually, I’ve had to search for some of the answers to my own questions pertaining to this, too.

View Quote

Yeah, I mean I admit to being snarky about 40 pages back or so, and by all means, count me on the side of the doubters.  Almost halfway point of '23 and have any first world countries experienced a "massive food shortage"?
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 2:02:38 PM EDT
[#41]

Yeah, I mean I admit to being snarky about 40 pages back or so, and by all means, count me on the side of the doubters.  Almost halfway point of '23 and have any first world countries experienced a "massive food shortage"?
View All Quotes

@jb1001

My contention is that the US in particular is a big food exporter. I seriously doubt we will have a massive food shortage here but it wouldn't surprise me to learn prices skyrocket here in response to prices on the international markets for those things. Capitalists tend to sell their products to the highest bidder. So, much like egg prices skyrocketed for a while then came back down, we may see certain items in the rest of our food chain doing the same.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 2:05:37 PM EDT
[#42]

My contention is that the US in particular is a big food exporter. I seriously doubt we will have a massive food shortage here but it wouldn't surprise me to learn prices skyrocket here in response to prices on the international markets for those things. Capitalists tend to sell their products to the highest bidder. So, much like egg prices skyrocketed for a while then came back down, we may see certain items in the rest of our food chain doing the same.
View Quote

Definitely agree.  I'm just waiting to see any other first world country to have even the slightest death toll from famine.  Africa does not count.  N. Korea does not count.  If 30k people in Ireland starve to death this summer I might be intrigued.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

@jb1001

Yep, I remember you.

Maybe some of these graphs from the Fourth Turning book that was published in 1997 might give some thought, too.

Fairly recent Interview with Neil Howe, only living author of The Fourth Turning

Neil Howe On The 4th Turning, US History, Demographic Generations, Cycles, Patterns (RCS 202)

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 2:34:55 PM EDT
[#44]

Migrants find tips on Chinese version of TikTok for long trek to U.S.-Mexico border

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-immigration-china/

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#45]
This has been going on in at least Ireland, the UK, and Australia.  If you support this type of behavior, welcome to the countercultural movement.

Rise of the ULEZ 'Blade Runners': The underground activists who've vowed to stop at nothing until they've 'taken down EVERY one of Sadiq Khan's low-emission cameras'

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/04/28/12/70347561-0-image-a-2_1682682832684.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/04/28/17/70356999-12011507-image-m-35_1682699796776.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12011507/amp/ULEZ-Blade-Runners-want-one-Sadiq-Khans-low-emission-cameras.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtt8deSp0U0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-JhfxAeZYQ

View Quote

TommyRobinsonOfficial@TommyRobinsonOfficial
51m
·
All over the world, surveillance is being attacked by the people.

https://gab.com/TommyRobinsonOfficial/posts/110289009669751894

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Wonder what country he’s from?  This is happening more and more in Europe.

2h
·
Dublin being culturally enriched.

https://gab.com/TommyRobinsonOfficial/posts/110289725811140463
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 10:44:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Good advice in an increasingly violent world…

1h
·
Edited
3 migrant teens pick a fight with a Netherlands boy and lose.

Teach your children self defence, because packs is how migrants roam and Europe is importing their demise at an accelerated rate.

https://gab.com/TommyRobinsonOfficial/posts/110290668614304612
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:02:02 PM EDT
[#48]
El Paso, TX

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:04:45 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:13:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Strikes, Tariffs & Stoppages (Global Trade and Your Food Supply)

Page / 307
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top