BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 311
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 9:48:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By planemaker:

See, I'm of a different opinion. Technology doesn't enslave anybody. We may become *dependent* on technology, but it doesn't enslave us. As an example, my Jeep has Adaptive Cruise Control. It took me about a year or so to try it out. In traffic, it would keep speed up right up to the point of needing to slam on the brakes to keep from hitting the car ahead. Not a great first try. I found a setting that increased the look-ahead distance. That was the ticket. Use it all the time now. That doesn't mean I don't remember how to drive in traffic (and frequently do).

So, in terms of technology adoption, we go from shock and disbelief to mild curiosity, to experimentation, to adoption, to forgetting what life was like before it. This can also manifest itself in very negative ways like pilots not getting enough "stick time" to maintain proficiency because the flight management system does all the work normally.

One thing that Mike Rowe harps on constantly is the lack of young people going into the trades. IMHO, this lack of the passing of knowledge from one generation to the next will ultimately result in massive problems. What happens when we need to design our next generation of some ubiquitous thing? Has enough knowledge of how to do that been passed to the next generation? Probably not. Same thing with basic things like plumbing, electrical work, HVAC, car repair, etc. We've got a generation of, as my wife calls them, "parts hangers" who plug in a diagnostic unit and replace the parts it tells them to. The subtlety of actually diagnosing a problem with a car is largely lost.
View Quote

Not ultimately, it is here. Every day contractors are retiring with virtually noone replacing them. I can't even hire someone who has so much as held a hammer before. Most can't read a tape measure. My customers from all over the US are struggling for sometimes years to find builders and some are giving up.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 10:30:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Canoeguy:

Not ultimately, it is here. Every day contractors are retiring with virtually noone replacing them. I can't even hire someone who has so much as held a hammer before. Most can't read a tape measure. My customers from all over the US are struggling for sometimes years to find builders and some are giving up.
View Quote

You might be right. Before we sold our house in Virginia, we had a guy come in and do flooring in the entryway and a couple other spots. Worked alone, older guy, very meticulous (and thus very slow). I can pretty much guarantee he hasn't passed his knowledge on to anyone. When he retires/dies, his skills go away permanently.

I had a co-worker die from a heart attack recently. Great guy. Really knew his stuff in a niche technical area. As in, world-class expert in that area. But, he liked working alone and was pretty secretive about what he knew. So, now, that work drops like an anchor because the guy who lead it with all the knowledge is gone.

Getting back to the thread topic, the same thing is happening with small farms all over the country. The kids don't want to continue the "family business" of farming. So, the land is sold to either a corporate farm conglomerate or is bought by a developer to turn into a cookie-cutter housing development. Either way, the dynamics of how we as a nation produce our food are changing, and not for the better.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 12:25:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Listen to the things that are lost almost immediately when a civil war breaks out in a country or region.  

But I’m sure nothing like that could ever happen here.

Sudan conflict: Who is fighting and why? | AFP

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 4:29:11 PM EDT
[#4]
How Volcanic Eruptions, Food Shortages, and Digital Rationing Cards Could Impact Our World

How Volcanic Eruptions, Food Shortages & Digital Rationing Cards Could Impact on Our World

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 6:31:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#5]
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Another episode of IF YOU NEED IT, GET IT NOW!

He does make some good points.  Only thing I might need is some .22lr Stinger.

You Thought The Last Ammo Shortage Was Bad?!
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 7:27:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Man, Yon gets his licks in on everyone:  Tucker Carlson, Scott Adams, and this quote, “While effete bearded-boys (as Japanese say) like Peter Zeihan and Neil deGrasse Tyson are nothing more than paid actresses.”

Heh….
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 9:21:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Alacran:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-XzMc8YnXU
View Quote

That video is just nonsense. Most all of the ammo being used overseas is manufactured in .mil only plants (and much of which was produced years ago). Also, a bunch of the calibers being used are not common US calibers. The civilian market is a completely different supply chain and manufacturing base. The reason we have so much ammo on the shelves is because the civilian plants (and new entrants) ramped up production. You will note the prices are still pretty high. That supplied the impetus to invest in new equipment and/or new plants to satisfy the civilian market. Demand is still pretty "robust" which is why the civilian manufacturers are making bank. While we might complain about prices not returning to the Trump-era normal, the marketplace is satisfying demand at non-panic prices.

All that said, it's still a damn good idea to have plenty of ammo put back. We don't know when the next series of events will create a shortage. Get it now while you can at prices that are at least not as bad as they were.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 9:48:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#10]
Originally Posted By amannamedjed:

Man, Yon gets his licks in on everyone:  Tucker Carlson, Scott Adams, and this quote, “While effete bearded-boys (as Japanese say) like Peter Zeihan and Neil deGrasse Tyson are nothing more than paid actresses.”

Heh….
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Heh….

lol

Obviously, I like Yon but he’s too much of an absolutist at this point in the game.  I’ve been critical of Tucker Carlson on the Hunter Biden laptop story when he stopped coverage and stated that Hunter was a good person with problems.  I’ve also been reminded that Tucker abruptly stopped talking about the Las Vegas shooting incident, too, but with both of those incidences, who knows what pressures were put on him to stop talking about those topics and maybe others by Fox or some other group? There’s also the stopping of showing more videos regarding the Jan. 6th thing.  Otherwise, Tucker Carlson still talked about and informed a greater audience on many things that no one else was able to do.  

Let’s see what he does going forward and judge him when he obviously has no limitations.  That’s the time to be really be critical as that’s when those voices will be needed more than ever.

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#11]

That video is just nonsense. Most all of the ammo being used overseas is manufactured in .mil only plants (and much of which was produced years ago). Also, a bunch of the calibers being used are not common US calibers. The civilian market is a completely different supply chain and manufacturing base. The reason we have so much ammo on the shelves is because the civilian plants (and new entrants) ramped up production. You will note the prices are still pretty high. That supplied the impetus to invest in new equipment and/or new plants to satisfy the civilian market. Demand is still pretty "robust" which is why the civilian manufacturers are making bank. While we might complain about prices not returning to the Trump-era normal, the marketplace is satisfying demand at non-panic prices.

All that said, it's still a damn good idea to have plenty of ammo put back. We don't know when the next series of events will create a shortage. Get it now while you can at prices that are at least not as bad as they were.
View All Quotes

True but you also get the idea. We all should know that since 2012 that things can change in an instant and the climate is more volatile now than ever before.

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 10:28:36 PM EDT
[#12]

lol

Obviously, I like Yon but he’s too much of an absolutist at this point in the game.  

Snip

View Quote

I think he feels like he’s trying to warn of coming civilizational catastrophe while everyone else is fiddling while Rome burns.  

It can get frustrating when you do your best to warn of hard times ahead and people scoff, or worse, ignore you altogether.  You might have some experience with that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 10:40:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I think he feels like he’s trying to warn of coming civilizational catastrophe while everyone else is fiddling while Rome burns.  

It can get frustrating when you do your best to warn of hard times ahead and people scoff, or worse, ignore you altogether.  You might have some experience with that.
View Quote
Massive props to him for going down to the Darien Gap and witnessing and reporting on the problem at its source. A bit of an alarmist? Maybe. I guess we'll see. Lately I like his work more than the inverted sucralose-sweetened pseudo-doom preached by Zeihan.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:15:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#14]

View All Quotes

lol

Obviously, I like Yon but he’s too much of an absolutist at this point in the game.  

Snip

I think you’re right.  If we knew what he’s seen & knows, we might have sold everything and found some remote island to live on by now.  

One thing’s for sure, this is all a very complicated game with controlled opposition & narratives throughout and also censorship on levels we can obviously see as well as levels we will never see.  Magnets are showing up everywhere to affect the direction our compasses point but some compasses aren’t affected by magnetism and will always point towards True North.

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:32:55 AM EDT
[#15]

lol

Obviously, I like Yon but he’s too much of an absolutist at this point in the game.  I’ve been critical of Tucker Carlson on the Hunter Biden laptop story when he stopped coverage and stated that Hunter was a good person with problems.  I’ve also been reminded that Tucker abruptly stopped talking about the Las Vegas shooting incident, too, but with both of those incidences, who knows what pressures were put on him to stop talking about those topics and maybe others by Fox or some other group? There’s also the stopping of showing more videos regarding the Jan. 6th thing.  Otherwise, Tucker Carlson still talked about and informed a greater audience on many things that no one else was able to do.  

Let’s see what he does going forward and judge him when he obviously has no limitations.  That’s the time to be really be critical as that’s when those voices will be needed more than ever.

View All Quotes

Heh….

lol

42.7 million views in a little over 12 hours. And 1.2 million in the last 30 minutes being it was 41.5 at 7am when I first saw it.

Tucker is going to be wildly successful and a pain in the corrupt governments and globalists sides. Hope he has a top notch security detail.

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:07:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#16]
Originally Posted By Nailcrusher:

42.7 million views in a little over 12 hours. And 1.2 million in the last 30 minutes being it was 41.5 at 7am when I first saw it.

Tucker is going to be wildly successful and a pain in the corrupt governments and globalists sides. Hope he has a top notch security detail.

View All Quotes

Heh….

lol

If it weren’t cancer, I believe “something else” would have removed Rush Limbaugh from the public airwaves by now.  Just look what’s happened in our society and the world since he died.

I’ve heard it will be a while before Tucker is able to make that “next step” due to contract restrictions and other legalities.  Meanwhile, I get the feeling that things may about to escalate as the America people have mostly been observers to world events and able to hear multiple viewpoints on these events within the past year or so.

Can’t allow too much idle time to go by for us to grow even angrier over what we’ve just seen and heard.

Applicable tweet -

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:09:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:25:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#19]
ED-209 as a baby?

Robot security guard on patrol in Switzerland

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:17:32 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

When did we get vaccine passports? Or is that the point?
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:30:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Large hail is the scariest weather event I’ve ever been through.  That includes near misses by tornadoes.  Nothing like being woke up at midnight to softball sized hail bombarding everything.  My neighbor had a hailstone go completely through their roof and land in the living room floor.

News reports are saying this is becoming more & more common and now occurring in places that usually don’t see hail, like Florida.

A local Dallas station had a color code chart to show hail sizes during a weather report a few years ago.  That chart ranged from pea sized hail all the way up to bowling ball sized hail.  

Texas weather: Where was the hail in Wednesday's storms?
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:34:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By KillerDyller:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KillerDyller:

Other countries did and it would have happened here too if the SCOTUS hadn’t stopped it.  

Last I heard, people still cannot fly into the US without showing proof of a COVID vaccine.

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:13:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Large hail is the scariest weather event I’ve ever been through.  That includes near misses by tornadoes.  Nothing like being woke up at midnight to softball sized hail bombarding everything.  My neighbor had a hailstone go completely through their roof and land in the living room floor.

News reports are saying this is becoming more & more common and now occurring in places that usually don’t see hail, like Florida.

A local Dallas station had a color code chart to show hail sizes during a weather report a few years ago.  That chart ranged from pea sized hail all the way up to bowling ball sized hail.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCO_ZYGvWnY
View Quote

Interesting video that links volcanic eruptions with the intensity of rain and hail events.

(10% More Moisture in Earth's Atmosphere) Impacts of Hunga-Tonga Eruption

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Due to insufficient LED lighting, I am moving the hydroponic grow tower outdoors temporarily.  This may end in disaster.

ED-209 as a baby?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sZixnNwwq8

View Quote

Offer not valid in Philadelphia.

RIP HitchBot
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote
What does he think is fundamentally driving this one?

I'm seeing the opposite in person. More ammo than I've seen in years.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:24:57 AM EDT
[#26]

If it weren’t cancer, I believe “something else” would have removed Rush Limbaugh from the public airwaves by now.  Just look what’s happened in our society and the world since he died.

I’ve heard it will be a while before Tucker is able to make that “next step” due to contract restrictions and other legalities.  Meanwhile, I get the feeling that things may about to escalate as the America people have mostly been observers to world events and able to hear multiple viewpoints on these events within the past year or so.

Can’t allow too much idle time to go by for us to grow even angrier over what we’ve just seen and heard.

Applicable tweet -

View All Quotes

Heh….

lol

Applicable tweet -

Listen to this video of what’s being proposed in Minnesota.
Will it pass? Doubtful and Hopefully not. But it’s the fact it’s even being proposed by a political party in this country.

And not to sound racist but the ethnicity (Chinese?) of the woman in the video is ironic as all hell.

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:37:42 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

How this isn’t being talked about by our government and prioritized as a huge national security issue is beyond me. Arresting a couple Chinese guys in New York City last week acting as Chinese cops and labeling it a major national security issue pales in comparison.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:46:29 AM EDT
[#28]

Will it pass? Doubtful and Hopefully not. But it’s the fact it’s even being proposed by a political party in this country.

And not to sound racist but the ethnicity (Chinese?) of the woman in the video is ironic as all hell.

View All Quotes

Heh….

lol

Applicable tweet -

That sounds a lot like what’s happened in New Zealand and parts of Australia.  I fully believe once they silence the main voices on the Right here in America, the Left will then focus their attack towards us gun owners using tools such as this and more.

One thing the Democrats do well is persistence.  If at first you don’t succeed - try, try again!

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#29]

How this isn’t being talked about by our government and prioritized as a huge national security issue is beyond me. Arresting a couple Chinese guys in New York City last week acting as Chinese cops and labeling it a major national security issue pales in comparison.
View All Quotes

Compliancy is the only thing I can come up with…

Link Posted: 4/28/2023 6:08:47 AM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Three former US presidents are building "refugee" camps in Central America and funding passage to America.  I would think this would require approval from the state dept.  Obviously our government wants this.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 6:14:59 AM EDT
[#31]
So far this guys predictions don't seem very accurate
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 6:44:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#32]
Originally Posted By trails-end:

Three former US presidents are building "refugee" camps in Central America and funding passage to America.  I would think this would require approval from the state dept.  Obviously our government wants this.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trails-end:

Federal Government Behind Massive Operation to Send Illegal Immigrants into U.S.

DARIEN GAP, PANAMA — Michael Yon is a former Special Forces operator – Green Beret – and one of the world’s most accomplished war correspondents. Right now, he is at the Darien Gap in Panama – a hub for human trafficking and illegal immigration. This is where migrants are put on buses to take them further on the journey where the destination is the U.S. southern border.

The Darien Gap camp is a transit point for migrants coming from all corners of the world. It is largely managed by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) – a United Nations agency that promotes and facilitates migration from developing countries and China to the West.

WEAPONIZED MIGRATION

“This is weaponized migration,” Michael Yon tells The Florida Standard. “Weaponized migration is being used to change the U.S. demographic, and it’s going on in many parts of the world. It’s clearly going to destroy Europe and the United States,” Yon says.

https://www.theflstandard.com/federal-government-behind-massive-operation-to-send-illegal-immigrants-into-u-s/
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 7:14:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#33]
Matt Bracken & Michael Yon discuss what is happening from Central America up to the US Border with migration as well as who and what is coming across, and what is the objective.

Everything is escalating.

Introduction to program starts about 30 minute mark.

Link Posted: 4/28/2023 7:30:48 AM EDT
[#34]

Federal Government Behind Massive Operation to Send Illegal Immigrants into U.S.

DARIEN GAP, PANAMA — Michael Yon is a former Special Forces operator – Green Beret – and one of the world’s most accomplished war correspondents. Right now, he is at the Darien Gap in Panama – a hub for human trafficking and illegal immigration. This is where migrants are put on buses to take them further on the journey where the destination is the U.S. southern border.

The Darien Gap camp is a transit point for migrants coming from all corners of the world. It is largely managed by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) – a United Nations agency that promotes and facilitates migration from developing countries and China to the West.

WEAPONIZED MIGRATION

“This is weaponized migration,” Michael Yon tells The Florida Standard. “Weaponized migration is being used to change the U.S. demographic, and it’s going on in many parts of the world. It’s clearly going to destroy Europe and the United States,” Yon says.
https://www.theflstandard.com/content/images/2023/04/Yon1.jpeg
https://www.theflstandard.com/content/images/2023/04/Yon6-1.jpeg
https://www.theflstandard.com/content/images/2023/04/Yon7.jpeg
https://www.theflstandard.com/content/images/2023/04/Yon8.jpeg
https://www.theflstandard.com/federal-government-behind-massive-operation-to-send-illegal-immigrants-into-u-s/
View Quote

This doesnt really surprise me. But why is the pamphlet in English?
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 7:35:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Global population already reduced by 1 billion since 2021?

Link Posted: 4/28/2023 7:41:36 AM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

WEAPONIZED MIGRATION

https://www.theflstandard.com/content/images/2023/04/Yon1.jpeg
https://www.theflstandard.com/content/images/2023/04/Yon6-1.jpeg
https://www.theflstandard.com/content/images/2023/04/Yon7.jpeg
https://www.theflstandard.com/content/images/2023/04/Yon8.jpeg

My guess is that there are so many migrates of different languages that English is still the most widely known language.  For those that don’t speak English, many are using translation software on their phones to communicate.

Link Posted: 4/28/2023 8:06:24 AM EDT
[#37]
America is disintegrating.

Episode - 696: America is Disintegrating

Link Posted: 4/28/2023 1:29:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Just the latest falling domino in a line of falling dominoes…

De-Dollarisation: Argentina to Pay China in Yuan | Vantage With Palki Sharma
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 1:36:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Texas used to protect its own borders, even under Democrat Governors.

Link Posted: 4/28/2023 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#40]

Other countries did and it would have happened here too if the SCOTUS hadn’t stopped it.  

Last I heard, people still cannot fly into the US without showing proof of a COVID vaccine.

View Quote

I thought it was non-US citizens that could not fly in without the shot?
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 3:23:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Ed Dowd on the remainder of 2023 and beyond.

View Quote

Increase rates to the point people want or are forced to put money into banks and not the stock market?
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 3:36:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Where are we at with this bank meltdown? Just one or two or will it spread?
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

I didn't get the vaccine, I don't have a passport, and don't have a new credit system

Is he being sarcastic?
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 3:39:58 PM EDT
[#44]
ED-209 as a baby?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sZixnNwwq8

View Quote

Johnny 5?
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By brain3278:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brain3278:

It is but the Gov is flexing control where they can.

Link Posted: 4/28/2023 3:55:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#46]
View Quote

It's not just the banks, my friend. It is the entire system because it's been predicated and built upon a failed, corruptible money.

Build your castle upon sand and eventually it all sinks.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 4:00:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Jagrmaister:

It's not just the banks, my friend. It is the entire system because it's been predicated and built upon a failed, corruptible money.

Cheers!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jagrmaister:

Cheers!

But how will you transfer your bitcoin and into what?

Not sure how many people will be trading tangible assets for unicorn farts
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#48]

It is but the Gov is flexing control where they can.

View Quote

Roger that.  

Link Posted: 4/28/2023 4:15:00 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Many are saying other shoes are poised to drop, just don’t know when.  Possibly 2nd half of this year.  I’m sure measures being taken to make as controlled as possible.

Link Posted: 4/28/2023 4:18:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

I didn't get the vaccine, I don't have a passport, and don't have a new credit system

Is he being sarcastic?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Is he being sarcastic?

Neither do I, but it sure got extremely close to the point for me to make the hard choices in the 1Q of 2022.  

Page / 311
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top