BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lethality is a useless metric.

If your attacker bled out 2 minutes after turning your skull inside out with a crowbar, you lost the fight decisively.

Exsanguination is a lousy defensive incapacitation mechanism.
View Quote

The most desirable outcome in a self defense situation is one that the doc will never even see.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The data the article is discussing would say that it makes zero difference. Choose ammo that is reliable in your gun, and make good hits. It even states that a 2nd (exit) would doesn't matter. Blood leaving the body vs. blood pooling in the body is the same.
View Quote

I didn't see any data in the article.  I saw one person's interpretation of anecdotes.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:51:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't matter, the DA will spin it against you no matter what caliber, or bullet style you use.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:54:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hollow points are to prevent overpenetration not to increase lethality.
View Quote

Disagree. Larger diameter means more chance of damaging something important. Ball ammo that is an 1/8 of an inch (0.125") from a major artery would mean cutting said artery open with the same shot placement using a hp that has a 1/4" greater diameter when expanded.

A Federal 147gr HST expands to about 0.66", which is almost twice a 0.35" ball ammo diameter. That is 0.15" more on either side.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:54:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They are all the same, so I just carry a .25 much easier for shot placement.

View Quote

I went for pinfire - shoot 'em right in the ass.  They always think that a skeeter got 'em.

And you can keister the gun and save money on holsters.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Disagree. Larger diameter means more chance of damaging something important. Ball ammo that is an 1/8 of an inch (0.125") from a major artery would mean cutting said artery open with the same shot placement using a hp that has a 1/4" greater diameter when expanded.

A Federal 147gr HST expands to about 0.66", which is almost twice a 0.35" ball ammo diameter. That is 0.15" more on either side.
View Quote

Disagree all you like, but the fact is HP ammo was designed specifically to prevent overpenetration.
That it creates a larger wound channel is a nice bonus.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

“What causes death is rapid exsanguination (blood loss). A hit to the central nervous system or head does not guarantee an instantaneous kill. Despite what you see in the movies, the survival rate for wounds to extremities is very high, and death becomes more likely the closer you get to the heart of major arteries. The most deadly places to hit are the groin, armpits or a major artery in the torso.”

My read on what she's saying is not that she's discounting CNS hits, it's just not like what you see in the movies. Outside of a CNS hit, blood loss IS the major mechanism to death. You don't agree with that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s like the author doesn’t understand that a fully expanded 9mm has a greater chance of damaging something important than a 9mm FMJ given the same less than perfect shot placement.

They're just analyzing data- and drawing conclusions from data. While a JHP may well increase the chances of damaging something, the data showed no difference in mortality between FMJ and JHP.

She's not doing a good job of it. She discounts CNS hits. Says the lethality of wounds is primarily a result of exsanguination.

“What causes death is rapid exsanguination (blood loss). A hit to the central nervous system or head does not guarantee an instantaneous kill. Despite what you see in the movies, the survival rate for wounds to extremities is very high, and death becomes more likely the closer you get to the heart of major arteries. The most deadly places to hit are the groin, armpits or a major artery in the torso.”

My read on what she's saying is not that she's discounting CNS hits, it's just not like what you see in the movies. Outside of a CNS hit, blood loss IS the major mechanism to death. You don't agree with that?

Lethality isn’t my primary concern. Stopping the threat without getting shot or stabbed is my goal. If I brain shot makes him drop his gun I don’t care if he lives another 49-years
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:15:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have major doubts about docs doing an accurate analysis of bullet construction and caliber.  She says right in the article 'a lot of times we just leave the bullet inside' in which case, how do you know it's caliber and construction?  Several statements in this article lead me to believe there is no data here, only some kind of gut feeling by these docs.  How many of them even knows that the shoulder thing goes up?  Color me skeptical.
View Quote

Witn the exception of those shot by police and suicide attempts it’s extremely unlikely an ER doctor has any idea what the patient was shot with. Especially with complete penetration.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:17:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Some of that may be discernable through imaging, even with the bullet in situ  I don't know enough about medical imaging systems to know for sure.  In others, the caliber/construction may be specified in police reports (assuming they read them).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have major doubts about docs doing an accurate analysis of bullet construction and caliber.  She says right in the article 'a lot of times we just leave the bullet inside' in which case, how do you know it's caliber and construction?  Several statements in this article lead me to believe there is no data here, only some kind of gut feeling by these docs.  How many of them even knows that the shoulder thing goes up?  Color me skeptical.
Some of that may be discernable through imaging, even with the bullet in situ  I don't know enough about medical imaging systems to know for sure.  In others, the caliber/construction may be specified in police reports (assuming they read them).

The patient is not in the doctors care long enough for the police report to be written and police departments don’t send a copy of the reports when finished your the hospital.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#10]
What the article did not state was how quickly the attacker ceased their actions when shot.

That makes a difference to me.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That's what I have been saying for years.

Pistol Calibers suck compared to Rifles

Put if you are gonna carry a pistol...FFS use .45 or larger. Sonny mother loving Crocket CCW's a Bren Ten, what's your excuse?
View Quote

1. Pistols suck 9mm or 45 etc.  The pistol game is to get as many hits as possible center mass(chest)

2.  Rifles/shotguns rule the roost. Everyone knows that.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:30:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I knew the Medical Examiner in Memphis during the 80's, 90's and early 2000. He did thousands of GSW Autopsy's. He carried a .45ACP with ball ammo.
View Quote

I highly doubt the corner or ME can differentiate between a 9mm and 45 entrance or exit wounds.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I knew the Medical Examiner in Memphis during the 80's, 90's and early 2000. He did thousands of GSW Autopsy's. He carried a .45ACP with ball ammo.
View Quote

How does one do thousands of autopsies on gsw victions when Memphis only had around 260 murders a year from all causes in your time frame?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:34:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Once you have enough energy to get decent penetration, but don't yet have enough energy to create stretch cavity/hydrostatic "rifle round" damage, it's really not a significant part of the equation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not buying the .380 = .357 magnum
Yes shot placement but energy is in the equation too.

Once you have enough energy to get decent penetration, but don't yet have enough energy to create stretch cavity/hydrostatic "rifle round" damage, it's really not a significant part of the equation.

This is not quite accurate/correct.

There is a threshold level of trauma that when exceeded, overloads the CNS and disables the target's motor control, and this is related to the energy delivered per hit.

Even below the velocities where the temporary stretch cavity exceeds the surrounding soft tissue's elastic capacity, greater energy delivered per hit, can exceed that threshold disabling the target sooner. While tgat tgreshold differs from individual to individual, a caliber/loading with double the ME, can still reach/exceed the threshold with fewer hits in the exact same spots.

As a real world example that may be easier for folks to visualize:

Kyokushin karate tournaments are full contact bareknuckle. No punches to the head. Punches to the body only, but kicks and knee strikes are allowed anywhere but the groin and knee joints. (*** Dolph Lundgren was a European Kyokushin Champ, and put Stallone in the hospital for 9 days with a bruised heart, during the filming for Rocky IV, when Stallone was dumb enough to tell Lundgren to "go for it").

Part of the Kyokushin training is torso impact conditioning, as competitors routinely trade punches to the torso, repeatedly.

The Kyokushin World Open Tournament Finals 1975-2019

In the conditioning training, gloves may be used (reduces the bruising that would result from bareknuckle impact). The fighter being conditioned, stands with arms raised, or behind their backs (leaving the front of the torso open), as the partner throws combinations all over the torso (heart, liver, spleen etc.) progressively hitting harder and harder.

For any given fighter, the harder the punches, the fewer it takes before they eventually buckle (unless you're impact conditioned AND have one heckuva fat layer, you simply can't withstand full power punches indefinitely. You can condition to take a few, but not repeated, consecutive unblocked hits).

The bullet impacts have a similar effect. Some folks will be able to withstand more of them (as mentioned exsanguination takes time, even when vitals are struck), but the significantly greater ME, can exceed that threshold faster (likewise, lower ME may not be able to trigger the nervous shock and loss of motor control threshold in some individuals, before exsanguination, much as a flurry of weaker body punches won't drop a conditioned fighter).

Difference between ~300ft-lbs and 400ft-lbs is minimal (just as conditioned fighters aren't going to be hampered much by body shots in that range).

But full power 10mm, .357, .44 etc. in the 7xx - 1000+ ft-lbs range, you're going to exceed that threshold with fewer hits (ESPECIALLY if ALL the energy is transferred with each shot, vs a pass through with FMJ that only transfers some of the energy).
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:48:33 PM EDT
[#15]
That is a lot of words to say shot placement matters and after that the bigger the bullet the better because the more chance it will hit something important.

She failed to find that velocity matters and causes damage all by itself, but she did say rifles matter, which is the same thing I guess.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:49:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:51:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I also think he perspective is skewed.

It isn't weather a round kills somebody or not because you don't shoot to kill, you shoot to stop the threat.

and she has no data on how long those people that end up postmortem or in the ER continued or did not continue in the fight to be a threat after getting shot, which is the most important info.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I would argue that the majority of people carrying .45ACP think they're "gun people".....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would argue that the majority of people carrying.45 acp are "gun people" and have better shot placement overall which results in higher lethality.

I would argue that the majority of people carrying .45ACP think they're "gun people".....

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#19]
The article the OP linked is the opinion of a PA, not a Doctor, who has an ongoing project to "get tourniquets and bleeding control kits right next to AED machines on the wall of every building". She has the perspective of treating GSW's that come to the ER, ie: peripheral vs. central wounds that bleed to death or not. She is also trying her best to get that message out and has a financial interest to do so. Her company teaches courses on trauma bleeding control.

The author of the article then uses more anecdotal evidence from "medical staff" that he spoke to off the record, that multiple hits and caliber size don't matter.

The one semi-scientific article he references as provided to him, -even he- admits they conflate projectile size without accounting for velocity. "It rated large bullets (irrespective of speed or weight...)  as 4.5 times more likely to kill than with smaller calibers"

I'll remember not to shoot people in the arms or legs and to have my own "blowout kit" with tourniquet available, but other than that I'll stick to standardized ballistic gel and barrier tests to decide what pistol caliber or bullet to use.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Sounds like another "jus as guuuud" argument.

FFS, train and carry a decent caliber with some kind of decent ammo (no shitbox ammo).
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:23:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The Bren Ten that Sony Crocket carried was chambered in 10mm, not .45
View Quote

The tv show guns were both 45 10mm blanks weren’t available so Dornaus & Dixon built two specifically for filming that were set up to specifically run 45 blanks. Regular full size Bren tens could be had with 45 acp conversion kits though I don’t know how many there actually were produced.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:48:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, since the article starts with a premise that is completely irrelevant to the purposes of a self defense firearm, why would anybody interested in self defense use of a firearm care what it says.

Old age will kill.

We are after the most rapid incapacitating.

Just because the target is just as likely to die from fmj as jhp has no bearing on if they were stopped from further action equally as quickly.

Same argument, to a lesser extent, when comparing calibers.

It actually pisses me off that such BS is published as "expert opinion" because there are a bunch of people who don't know better, or don't think it through who base decisions off of it.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:56:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hollow points are to prevent overpenetration not to increase lethality.
View Quote

Is that why there is no difference between a field point and a broadhead, when discussing lethality?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:57:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

IMO, a .45 acp is more of a professional's weapon. Someone that would practice a lot, and seek out training. And, probably do better at shot placement. 9mm and .40 are more common police calibers. Minimal training, little to no regular practice by the majority of cops. And their shot placement will suck.
View Quote

I have the same supposition.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:03:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Lol no.

You look at people carry handguns for a living, instruct, or are otherwise "serious students" of using a pistol for defensive purposes, and are allowed to pick their own gear, the LARGE majority are going to be packing 9x19.
View Quote

Statistics being distorted.

What percentage of people carrying .45acp are of above average training, ability, etc

Vs

What percentage of those carrying 9mm, have similar attributes

9mm being MUCH more popular, that denominator is much greater.

.45acp being much LESS popular, especially among less trained shooters, makes that numerator higher , relatively.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So, if you have good shot placement with a .45, is the threat automatically dead right there?
View Quote

Of course.  Shooting someone more than once is a waste of ammo.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:06:01 PM EDT
[#27]
So .44 Magnum it is, then
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:23:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I have often debated with myself:

What has more value:
A hollow point creating a 2x wound channel and putting all of the bullet energy into a target

Or

A bullet zipping through a body, opening up a second (and usually significant) hemorrhaging wound and the possibility of clipping the spinal cord.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In multiple wound ballistic articles that have been published, there doesn't appear to be data that supports the claim in red. I get it, it's counterintuitive and you'd assume that an expanded bullet is more likely to clip an artery or something, but the support data is hard to come by.

I have often debated with myself:

What has more value:
A hollow point creating a 2x wound channel and putting all of the bullet energy into a target

Or

A bullet zipping through a body, opening up a second (and usually significant) hemorrhaging wound and the possibility of clipping the spinal cord.....

I always figured the reason to carry JHP ammo was to reduce chances of over penetration. Article said most of the bleeding from a GSW is internal, so a small exit wound from an FMJ doesn't seem like it would rapidly increase incapacitation speed.

IMHO, the only reason to carry a 9mm over a .45 is capacity/size ratio. I am not stupid enough to think that I will be calm if I ever had to draw and shoot, so having 2x the rounds already in the gun is a fair trade.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:30:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What percentage of people carrying .45acp are of above average training, ability, etc

Vs

.45acp being much LESS popular, especially among less trained shooters, makes that numerator higher , relatively.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol no.

You look at people carry handguns for a living, instruct, or are otherwise "serious students" of using a pistol for defensive purposes, and are allowed to pick their own gear, the LARGE majority are going to be packing 9x19.

Vs

I don’t know anyone who carries every day, shoots at least once a week and seeks out regular firearms training who  choose a .45

In my circle of friends I know one person who occasionally carry, sometimes a .45, rarely shoots handgun and considers himself well trained based on military service ending in 2006. He don’t know what he doesn’t know. He’s a novice handgun shooter in spite of being retired military.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:34:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, if you have good shot placement with a .45, is the threat automatically dead right there?

" if they are worth shooting once, they are worth shooting again"
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:35:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

And you can keister the gun and save money on holsters.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't know how valid this argument is on the streets, but

shot for shot, of course 45ACP is more lethal than 9mm. The thing is, a typical 9mm has twice the capacity of 45ACP. Typically 15, 17 or so rounds versus 7 or 8.

You get twice as many chances and 2 shots of 9mm might be more effective than 1 with 45ACP. Looking at the totality of attributes.  Given lighter recoil, easier to score hits with 9mm.

This is why an M16 is more effective than an M14, even though 308 / 7.62 > 5.56mm.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:02:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This is old news. Shot placement matters and pistols are pistols.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:03:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So .44 Magnum it is, then
View Quote

No, .44mag is only .429" so is basically worthless. You need a .454 Casull at minimum. If you want a semi-auto, .50gi for slow and fat, .50ae for fat and fast.
If you carry a Derringer, should probably be chambered in .950jdj.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:32:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Pardon my lack of instant inch to metric conversion skills, but isn't 10mm smaller than .45?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's what I have been saying for years.

Pistol Calibers suck compared to Rifles

Put if you are gonna carry a pistol...FFS use .45 or larger. Sonny mother loving Crocket CCW's a Bren Ten, what's your excuse?

Pardon my lack of instant inch to metric conversion skills, but isn't 10mm smaller than .45?

Only in faggot math.
The Science is settled.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:33:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Big chunks of metal flying through a body are more lethal when they hit certain points?

Whoda thunk it?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:44:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Where did you find one....how many broken wrist...hospital on speed dial?.....
View Quote

Birdman Weapon Systems
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:48:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

How does one do thousands of autopsies on gsw victions when Memphis only had around 260 murders a year from all causes in your time frame?
View Quote

Big city he may also be doing autopsies for the county and smaller outlying towns.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:49:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
To quote my favorite Arfcommer... me:
"A well developed sense of situational awareness will enable you to avoid far more trouble than any gun will ever get you out of."

And, when trouble cannot be avoided, the ability to perform will mean more than the instrument itself.
People argue endlessly over guns, ammo, and gear. Meanwhile, it's training and practice that will carry the day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
pick a reliable gun. carry reliable ammo. shoot accurately.
more important, the SA to avoid a gunfight in the first place.
To quote my favorite Arfcommer... me:
"A well developed sense of situational awareness will enable you to avoid far more trouble than any gun will ever get you out of."

And, when trouble cannot be avoided, the ability to perform will mean more than the instrument itself.
People argue endlessly over guns, ammo, and gear. Meanwhile, it's training and practice that will carry the day.

I have learned to pop my pistol from a concealed position in am instant. I heard something moving in the woods and I instinctively drew my pistol and it was pretty fast. The gun was moving so quickly out of the holster that it actually was not fully in my hand until it lodged there in my hand while traveling back towards me from the initial force of the draw. I was impressed with myself. Clicked off the safety with trigger to the wall right smartly and expeditiously as well. Stance was low and appropriate for the win. This will do.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:50:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
12 Gauge FTW. Always.
View Quote

Perfect choice for doves and ducks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:50:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The most desirable outcome in a self defense situation is one that the doc will never even see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lethality is a useless metric.

If your attacker bled out 2 minutes after turning your skull inside out with a crowbar, you lost the fight decisively.

Exsanguination is a lousy defensive incapacitation mechanism.

Or your opponent which is now quickly attaining room temperature because he is dead. White as a ghost.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:59:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Speed kills.   Same with cars and bullets.  Handgun rounds go slow enough the wound Chanel is small. Bring a rifle if you want to get work done.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:01:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My Marlin 1894 can launch 158gr .357 at over 2100fps. And it has available hardcast, hollowpoint and vampire loads.
View Quote

I have an 1892 replica, same caliber. It's my dad's favorite of all the guns I have.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:25:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Multiple shots increase the likelihood that a vital structure is hit, but does not increase lethality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don’t feel like going deep on this* but did they distinguish segment on multiple shots and capacity?

* I already went deep on your mom

Gietzen continued: “When it comes to multiple injuries, there’s no real case that says more bullet holes in more places cause more bleeding. In fact, even a person shot once may not bleed externally. Almost all the blood in the body can be held in the pelvis, and it’s not uncommon for a gunshot victim to bleed externally in a way that does not appear to be life threatening.”

Multiple shots increase the likelihood that a vital structure is hit, but does not increase lethality.

I am going to call BS on this one.  

And "consensus" isn't the same thing as data.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:32:44 AM EDT
[#46]
All modern handgun rounds are about the same. Wound differences between calibers are so negligible as to be irrelevant, at least according to the people whose job it is to research and design defensive ammo.

All this to show .45aarp is gay and 9mm is king

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:44:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

IMO, a .45 acp is more of a professional's weapon. Someone that would practice a lot, and seek out training. And, probably do better at shot placement. 9mm and .40 are more common police calibers. Minimal training, little to no regular practice by the majority of cops. And their shot placement will suck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I legitimately wonder if the .45acp correlation is that the majority of .45ACP pistols carried are SA vs. the the other calibers being DA resulting in first shot placement being on target better?

Not so much professional as an enthusiast.  Not all cops are "gun guys".  Some are and put extra effort into it.  These are the ones likely to be carrying something in 45 acp as most departments issue 9 mm.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 1:42:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s like the author doesn’t understand that a fully expanded 9mm has a greater chance of damaging something important than a 9mm FMJ given the same less than perfect shot placement.

They're just analyzing data- and drawing conclusions from data. While a JHP may well increase the chances of damaging something, the data showed no difference in mortality between FMJ and JHP.

She's not doing a good job of it. She discounts CNS hits. Says the lethality of wounds is primarily a result of exsanguination.

I have seen a CNS/head shot, from a hydraulic fitting.  The guy didn't feel a thing which was the only good thing about that.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 1:44:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Although it might be technically possible I highly doubt they are expending that effort.  The docs goal is saving the patient's life, not forensic ballistics.
For this data to exist you are telling me:
1. Bullet recovery from the wound is made, OR precisely imaged to within tenths of an inch
2. Bullet caliber and construction is examined and determined
3. Bullet caliber and construction is logged into a database of statistically significant size along with patient outcome

All this is done in an ER room by docs?  LMFAO.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Although it might be technically possible I highly doubt they are expending that effort.  The docs goal is saving the patient's life, not forensic ballistics.
For this data to exist you are telling me:
1. Bullet recovery from the wound is made, OR precisely imaged to within tenths of an inch
2. Bullet caliber and construction is examined and determined
3. Bullet caliber and construction is logged into a database of statistically significant size along with patient outcome

All this is done in an ER room by docs?  LMFAO.

The difference between 45 and .357 is less than a tenth of an inch.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 1:52:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I have learned to pop my pistol from a concealed position in am instant. I heard something moving in the woods and I instinctively drew my pistol and it was pretty fast. The gun was moving so quickly out of the holster that it actually was not fully in my hand until it lodged there in my hand while traveling back towards me from the initial force of the draw. I was impressed with myself. Clicked off the safety with trigger to the wall right smartly and expeditiously as well. Stance was low and appropriate for the win. This will do.
View Quote

You can actually draw your pistol BEFORE you touch it.

You have to go "snake eyed".
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top