Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 91
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
who here would personally check the load in the weapon no matter who loaded it, and what they were told? Maybe I'm overly curious, paranoid, or downright mistrusting but I would. Who here doesn't treat every weapon as if it's loaded?
View Quote

The only person I trust implicitly without question is my father.

Everyone else gets checked and cycled.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:52:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Okay, these shouldn't be dupes but no guarantees.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:52:43 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

It certainly tracks.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:53:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Ole Alec needs to go back to his 'certified' training instructor and demand his $$ back cause he didn't teach him the cardinal rules of handling firearms.
I bet licensed gun owner goes through more safety training then this jerk.  Serious question, why wouldn't an actor using a gun have to have real training before
being allowed to handle a gun.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Why would there be live ammo on the set?  I can see dummy rounds for close up shots, and blanks, but live ammo?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And if the shot called for the actor to point the weapon at another actor? What then? "oh, sorry this is just too scary. I'm going to have to follow the gun safety rules and decline to shoot this scene"
View Quote

Oh that's an easy one. If the shot called for pointing it at another actor, we should make sure the actors never look at what they're shooting so we can prank them with live bullets.

The logic doesn't hold up. So, what you're saying is it's ok to cut someone in half with a chainsaw making a horror movie... as long as you don't know if it's got a chain on it? My bad, I thought it was a fake knife I stabbed them with. Whoops.

Force on force training is a thing. I've pointed weapons, and had them pointed at me countless times. None of us have been shot in that process. When you do it most important thing is to check your load to make sure you don't splatter your coworker. He couldn't be bothered.

You know what reinforces that last point? Reports are that he kept going on about how HE got a hot gun. He was going on about the repercussions to him, not to the poor woman he killed.

Bottom line, if you pick up a weapon, you're the one that's accountable for what happens with it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:53:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Someone was in charge of buying the blanks and preparing the props.

Who was that guy.
View Quote

Apparently a low-cost local that was hired by Baldwin's production company to work on the movie Baldwin is producing in which Baldwin pulled the trigger of a gun that killed someone.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:53:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

99 other armorers handing the same gun to AB would have ended in the same result.

The armorer handing the same gun to 99 other people would have ended is a statistically different result ( some people would have checked the chamber or not pointed and fired a loaded weapon at someone else). AB is guilty of manslaughter.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no, I have no idea what you are saying

Quoted:

no, I have no idea what you are saying

99 other armorers handing the same gun to AB would have ended in the same result.

The armorer handing the same gun to 99 other people would have ended is a statistically different result ( some people would have checked the chamber or not pointed and fired a loaded weapon at someone else). AB is guilty of manslaughter.

99 other armorers would have checked the gun and not handed him a loaded gun.

There is a shared responsibility and the fact that Arec is also producing the film gives him a share for hiring a bad armorer and also aiming the gun directly at a person and pulling the trigger.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Username checks out
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the gun is in my hand I have cleared it if it is supposed to be cleared.  Who would trust someone else in this case.  If you do not know how to clear a weapon, don't pick it up.

It won't be cleared, it'll be loaded with blanks. You will have to unload it completely and then reload it. Then point it at a person and pull the trigger..

It was in hand. His finger pulled the trigger. It was pointed, by him, at someone it should have never been pointed at.  This is not an "accident".
If this were a demonstration of a draw, why were there "blanks" in the gun?
And yes, were I in a situation like that, I would clear and check load myself.  But then, I do not believe in shooting as "entertainment".  I have not watched electronic entertainments in many years.  I do not like these discussions on here about these movie gun fights.  This is all bullshit that feeds this incompetent culture.  I can understand the risks involved in force on force training; but not the risks involved in distractions for the stupids.  
Both the the production and consumption of these popular entertainments are a significant root cause of our degradation as a people.  
If that "man" has such a low opinion of firearm owners, what the hell is he doing making movies with guns in them.
Username checks out

You can literally hear his old age when reading this.

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Any details on what actually happened? Was the gun capable of firing a live round and there was a live round in it that discharged?

Could've sworn when Brandon Lee died it was dummy rounds (no primer/powder for a close-up shot) that popped the bullet into the barrel and was later fired by the energy of a blank.
View Quote

“Prop” guns are usually dummy or genuine guns supplied by “prop” houses (property houses) they’re rentals.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They don’t. They point them to the side.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:56:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Of course he's not liable.

It's like working on a construction site, someone hands you their framing gun, and while nailing, the trigger/safety stick and sends a nail in someone's eye. That's not your fault.

Soon as I read the name of the actor, I knew people here would try and find a way to place the blame directly on him.

It's not the job of the actor to inspect every equipment they touch. You have people on set for this very reason.

View Quote

Have you worked much construction? Maybe been a mechanic? Sharing of tools is frowned upon for just this reason. I don't know the condition of your tools or if you maintain them. Ultimately the craftsman bears some responsibility.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:57:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm calling bullshit on people giving Baldwin a pass... /snip
View Quote

He doesn't get a pass because he's called gun owners stupid, murderous, idiotic, dangerous, uneducated, terrorists, hateful, etc, etc...and what does he go and do?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:58:18 PM EDT
[#15]
This will be Baldwin's most expensive movie yet.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Now try that scenario again. But this is closer.

Be on site
Rules on site never point framing gun at anybody
Point framing gun at somebody against all rules
without even checking if loaded with nails
Pull trigger
Kill somebody

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats a weird one, and involved overt negligence by multiple people.

His gun got dragged around by multiple people for more than week with a mag of live ammo in it.

This incident doesn't involve any less amount of gross negligence from everyone involved in the chain of custody of the weapon, to include the trigger puller.

Did AB bring live ammo to the set?  Did he load the prop?

I would not be surprised to see that as an actor, he is not liable for the saftey of props.

Of course he's not liable.

It's like working on a construction site, someone hands you their framing gun, and while nailing, the trigger/safety stick and sends a nail in someone's eye. That's not your fault.

Soon as I read the name of the actor, I knew people here would try and find a way to place the blame directly on him.

It's not the job of the actor to inspect every equipment they touch. You have people on set for this very reason.

Now try that scenario again. But this is closer.

Be on site
Rules on site never point framing gun at anybody
Point framing gun at somebody against all rules
without even checking if loaded with nails
Pull trigger
Kill somebody

Is there an on set rule about not pointing guns at people during a movie scene?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:58:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

And if the shot called for the actor to point the weapon at another actor? What then? "oh, sorry this is just too scary. I'm going to have to follow the gun safety rules and decline to shoot this scene"
View Quote

You don't use a real gun. That simple.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Baldwin has been in countless movies where the handling of firearms as props was required, I'm not going to count but since 1987 he has played military officers, police officers, secret agents, etc. all with ample amounts of shooting.

At some point in this two decade plus career to claim he never received any training in the safe use of prop firearms exceeds the bounds of reasonable assumption.

Depending on the circumstances, I'm not confident he can claim he couldn't or shouldn't have known the potential results of his actions, particularly if some of these rumors are accurate, incompetent prop-master or not. Not only was he the trigger man, he was the boss.
View Quote

It’s called complacency and it obviously kills.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Have you worked much construction? Maybe been a mechanic? Sharing of tools is frowned upon for just this reason. I don't know the condition of your tools or if you maintain them. Ultimately the craftsman bears some responsibility.
View Quote

No that poster's resume is mostly filled with positions within Shareblue, MoveOn, and other various leftist orgs
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:00:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I dont like him but he's not liable.      

If you were playing a role in a movie,  the prop guy handed you what looked to be a nuclear weapon, And told to push one of the buttons,  would you say,  "wait!  Hold everything!  I am pushing the button so im responsible!"  Then you dissemble the nuk to check to see if it was real with all your nuke training,  or would you trust its not real?
View Quote

No movie production company ever had a nuclear weapon.

They handle real firearms on a daily basic.

Big difference.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:01:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

He is the producer too.  Did he hire an unqualified armorer?  Did he fo his due diligence?  Did he hire someone to double check her work?

A series of improper events happened to cause this incident. He was involved both as the movie producer and guy that pulled the trigger.
View Quote

Yeah, he can't claim that he had no responsibility since a trained armourer handed him the gun, when he as producer hired an unqualified armourer to save money. Can't have it both ways.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

How does an untrained actor know what a real gun is?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No that poster's resume is mostly filled with positions within Shareblue, MoveOn, and other various leftist orgs
View Quote

He thinks bias hides behind every GD opinion proving his own indoctrination.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Once a gun is converted to shoot movie blanks, it can not shoot real live ammo.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:01:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Big difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dont like him but he's not liable.      

If you were playing a role in a movie,  the prop guy handed you what looked to be a nuclear weapon, And told to push one of the buttons,  would you say,  "wait!  Hold everything!  I am pushing the button so im responsible!"  Then you dissemble the nuk to check to see if it was real with all your nuke training,  or would you trust its not real?

Big difference.

I’m predicting nothing happens to AB and the Amorer and 1st AD are the ones going down.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I’m predicting nothing happens to AB and the Amorer and 1st AD are the ones going down.
View Quote

Whats an AD?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

True.

But how many times has his ilk used them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anonymous "on-set source"

True.

But how many times has his ilk used them?

I agree.  Modern media is >95% anonymous sources and hearsay.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#28]
"See, guns do kill people."---Alec Baldwin
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

He hired low wage locals. For potentially deadly work. A person died, and another was seriously injured as a result. He is the producer. This was his production company.
He is also the shooter.

View Quote
Criminally he is probably going to get off the hook.

I expect him paying 8 figures to the families for this "privilege" of no criminal charges
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:04:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Whats an AD?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whats an AD?

1st Assistant Director.

I posted a few pages back exactly the cadence that happens when a gun comes on set.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:04:31 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don’t. They point them to the side.

https://cdn.lowgif.com/medium/29a3a9573ae2ba08-.gif

That is not the case here. He was supposed to be pointing it at the camera, instead he pointed it at people.

I suspect that in your scene they didn’t shoot a blank into the guys mouth either.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:04:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:04:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Now I want an "Alec Baldwin has killed more people than my gun" shirt.

View Quote

I promise by the time we get home from work, they will be for sale somewhere online.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:04:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Why would there be live ammo on the set?  I can see dummy rounds for close up shots, and blanks, but live ammo?
View Quote

Some years ago, I read an article that said live rounds are absolutely banned on TV/Movie lots to prevent this sort of accident.  If that is true, I'll give FAB a pass.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:05:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A)  As many movies as he's been on, listening to the armorer and watching protocols, he has to know.

B) Not knowing doesn't absolve you of responsibility. He has a responsibility to know the difference if he's pointing it near people and pulling triggers.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:06:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Training. Pretty sure other productions, like John Wick for example, have used it to improve both safety and on-screen presentation.

How does an untrained actor passionate about being anti-2A not know what a real gun is? That's rhetorical btw.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:06:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bullshit, especially regarding revolvers.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:06:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'm predicting nothing happens to AB and the Amorer and 1st AD are the ones going down.
View Quote
Thanks for your input in this thread. I agree nothing will happen to him though I do think he bares some responsibility with what happened.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ouch.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:08:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Now I want an "Alec Baldwin has killed more people than my gun" shirt.

View Quote

This and maybe even a baseball hat.
FABs wife is super hot.
He won’t be charged

If SNL had any balls they would be writing a spoof on this already.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Whats an AD?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whats an AD?

Assistant Director
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Imagine the trial-criminal or civil and deposition-where a lawyer brings up all his online rants and violent encounters while under oath.
View Quote

Those will be dismissed as irrelevant to the situation, much like they were with Kyle Rittenhouse when the prosecution tried to have them entered into the record.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#43]
SNL should be fun this week.  You know they'll have a skit about Alec "accidentally" shooting people.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wut?

They used to substitute Star model B’s for 1911’s because they’d cycle 9mm blanks….and looked similar.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:10:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Some years ago, I read an article that said live rounds are absolutely banned on TV/Movie lots to prevent this sort of accident.  If that is true, I'll give FAB a pass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, its just negligence across the board.

Mirko Cro Cop and some of his prior teammates shot a movie - where they shot live ammo at each other. Nobody got shot.

These "accidents" happen because of negligence, a lack of training, and wanting to cut corners financially.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Apparently a low-cost local that was hired by Baldwin's production company to work on the movie Baldwin is producing in which Baldwin pulled the trigger of a gun that killed someone.
View Quote

Luckily, its not his fault!
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:12:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
SNL should be fun this week.  You know they'll have a skit about Alec "accidentally" shooting people.  
View Quote
Alec finally gets to play himself.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:13:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Considering he is/was the producer he had that power.  "i don't know guys seems a little dangerous to be pointing guns at people".  He literally was the one person who had authority to call BS.

Don't worry bro we aren't hating on you but at least consider all the bling under your avatar.  Perhaps this is a time to push the idea celebrities especially actors that use guns in film should be more responsible.
View Quote

Meh if I'm wrong I'm wrong, but in this case I dont think I am.
Page / 91
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top