Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 2:38:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Is mom going to get a $500 fine? What happens when she doesn't pay it? Are they going to send government goons to collect?  If they do send in the goons, I wouldn't be heart broken if some freedom met them at the door.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
People need to stop flying. Starve the beast.

Most of the world has gone to shit anyway there isn't much to see and do anymore.
View Quote

Why? So the government can bail them out with your money?
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 2:45:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This is why children shouldn't fly.
WTF names their kid Way?
View Quote

I bet the kids name is Waylon and she calls him Way.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#4]
If he was having an attack he should be off the plane and into a hospital.  

<-- Asthmatic
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not buyin' the passenger's story as told. I'm bettin' the crew handled this one correctly.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm not buyin' the passenger's story as told. I'm bettin' the crew handled this one correctly.
View Quote
This.  No way I would take off with a small child with acute breathing problems.  Captain made the right call.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Might be more to the story:
Marketwatch

A spokesman from American Airlines confirmed to MarketWatch that AA Flight 1284 was returned to the gate, and that Pendarvis' party had to deplane for "refusing to comply with crew member instructions to remain seated while on an active taxiway and to wear face coverings securely over their nose and mouth." They were rebooked for another flight, and there were no fees associated with the rebooking, the airline said.

"After observing a minor in the party laying in the aisle and moving between seats on taxi out, our flight crew made multiple attempts to reinforce safety requirements," he continued. "While addressing the party, our crew also reminded the individuals in the party that federal directives require customers to wear a face covering at all times while on board unless actively eating or drinking."

"At no time was it made known to our crew members that a member of the party was experiencing an asthma attack or trouble breathing," he added. "Individuals were not addressed for failure to comply with face covering requirements at any point while administering treatment."

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/16/2021 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#8]
The Captain ultimately makes the decision, unfortunately, the Captain only knows what the cabin crew tell him or her.  People don't become cabin crew because of their shining intelligence levels.  I would say cabin crew average IQ is pretty low, and mental stability is probably on the low end as well.  Occasionally I would say we would find that these are not necessarily people who should be empowered in such as way.  Clearly common sense was nowhere to be found.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:02:36 PM EDT
[#9]
The amount of you on here that jump to white knight some attention whoring shitty parent because she seems to fit your "muh-freedom" covid stance is pathetic.

Stop being sheep blinded by the bullshit.  Airline bad.  Mom good.  Real bold stance you have here.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Airlines have very specific procedures regarding handling in flight medical emergencies. I highly doubt she informed them that her son was experiencing a medical emergency and their response was as she described.
View Quote

Asthma attacks aren't medical emergencies but they have to be treated as to not become status asmaticus. A two year old having an asthma attack and a mask do not mix. Worst case scenario in this is the mother got pissed while trying to treat her child while arguing with a FA on a power trip
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Airline is clownshoes, but anyone flying with an asthmatic 2 year old is a fucking retard.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
People need to stop flying. Starve the beast.

Most of the world has gone to shit anyway there isn't much to see and do anymore.
View Quote

Truth.

Let "tHeIr AiRlInE tHeIr RuLeS" be their eulogy.  Or dirge.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#13]
These people are absolutely insane.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:17:00 PM EDT
[#14]
When asked if he would like to comment, the CEO of American Airlines said "No Way"
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Marketwatch

A spokesman from American Airlines confirmed to MarketWatch that AA Flight 1284 was returned to the gate, and that Pendarvis' party had to deplane for "refusing to comply with crew member instructions to remain seated while on an active taxiway and to wear face coverings securely over their nose and mouth." They were rebooked for another flight, and there were no fees associated with the rebooking, the airline said.

"After observing a minor in the party laying in the aisle and moving between seats on taxi out, our flight crew made multiple attempts to reinforce safety requirements," he continued. "While addressing the party, our crew also reminded the individuals in the party that federal directives require customers to wear a face covering at all times while on board unless actively eating or drinking."

"At no time was it made known to our crew members that a member of the party was experiencing an asthma attack or trouble breathing," he added. "Individuals were not addressed for failure to comply with face covering requirements at any point while administering treatment."

View Quote

The airline version of a "whack and stack" is all that looks like to me.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This.  No way I would take off with a small child with acute breathing problems.  Captain made the right call.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

exactly, me either. I would not take off with an adult having an asthma attack or acute briething problems it would only be much worse at 8,000 foot cabin altitude.

Flight attendants don't kick people off the aircraft, the Captain does in concert with the corporate attorneys.

They were still on the ground and if the baby was having an asthma attack, they are not going to take off, they will go back to the gate for medical attention. The same thing would happen for an adult having an asthma attack. If they refuse medical attention, they aren't getting back on the aircraft, either way the aircraft will leave them at the gate because hashing out if the person is healthy enough to fly is going to take time.

I am not buying the story
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
When asked if he would like to comment, the CEO of American Airlines said "No Way"
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Marketwatch

https://y.yarn.co/863fd9f2-4d7a-4035-a618-3415076c8a98_text.gif

well there you have it.

I personally went back to the gate because 2 uncontrolled kids would not stay in their seats and kept running around the cabin while taxiing.Before I got back to the gate, one kid was unconscious on the floor and non-responsive. Just collapsed in the isle and it became a medical emergency.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#19]
First off - I don't believe any one-sided story from a woman that named her child "Way".

However, I would recommend to everyone showing your toddlers how to wear masks before flights.  Their first airline flight probably shouldn't be the first time your kid needs to put on and wear a mask.

As a frequent flyer - I've seen plenty of two year olds wearing masks without issue.

Note: This doesn't mean I necessarily think two year olds should be required to wear masks on the germ tunnel - but on the same hand, the plane isn't the place to start arguing that.

This is the "Way"
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:25:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Shameful behavior on the part of Un-American Airlines... they should be ashamed.

I wonder if the damn terrorists we are flying out of Afghanistan are all wearing face masks, or if they were even tested for the 'Commie Flu' prior to be shipped over here?

What are the odds of any of that happening with the Marxist in Gulag DC running the 'shit show'.

Those rules only apply to taxpaying American citizens.

Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Terrible but it doesn’t matter. She won’t be listened to or responded to.

She brought Biden up in a negative light and the companies are trained to marginalize those who do.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Clown world!!!
View Quote

Honk honk!
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The airline version of a "whack and stack" is all that looks like to me.
View Quote

You do you bro. Keep believing "Tiger Lily" and her god-sent-child "Way"
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:28:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Lets see the video.... There is more to this story....
View Quote

I think you are right about this. Something does not jive on the story. Mask mandates are bullshit and all, but it seems that there is more to this story then mom is leading on.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This is why children shouldn't fly.
WTF names their kid Way?
View Quote

Short for Waylaid.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:32:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Marketwatch

View Quote

Sounds like snowflakes found out that just because they are unique, no one gives a fuck and put on the seatbelt.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#27]
i'm sure there's more to the story and that looks like first-class or business i think, i'm flying on AA next week also
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:53:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup...

Hell, I once did a six hour flight to nowhere after we had a passenger that, while not in immediate medical danger, would become a potential problem if their conditioned worsened.  Took off out of NYC made it to nearly Greenland before we brought them back to the departure point.  No way were we taking a pax that may have a problem across an area where our choices to land are Thule AFB and Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.

Link Posted: 9/16/2021 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

There is almost always more to the story than the "victim" is willing to share publicly.
View Quote

and always another story the other side puts out to confound the victims version of events to eh?
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Well, there's a fukkin' surprise..
View Quote

Pretty soon flight attendants will need to wear body cams too.......
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
First off - I don't believe any one-sided story from a woman that named her child "Way".

However, I would recommend to everyone showing your toddlers how to wear masks before flights.  Their first airline flight probably shouldn't be the first time your kid needs to put on and wear a mask.

As a frequent flyer - I've seen plenty of two year olds wearing masks without issue.

Note: This doesn't mean I necessarily think two year olds should be required to wear masks on the germ tunnel - but on the same hand, the plane isn't the place to start arguing that.

This is the "Way"
View Quote

And I don't believe PR damage control from corporate welfare rats.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm not getting a real ID so the Gov can shove that up their ass. I'll never fly again and the airlines and TSA can kiss my ass.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed. First, she doesn't look like she is in coach. Business and first have a more lenient mask policy. Her claiming the kid is having an asthma attack and their decision to not continue on says they sure thought something was actually wrong.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 7:34:37 PM EDT
[#34]
There is more to the story than she's leading on.  The FA doesn't have the authority to turn that aircraft around.  Its mine alone (the Captain).

If the kids running around the cabin and won't sit down then its going to be an issue.

Every time I see a  passenger problem and Instagram in the same sentence  its usually a drama queen needing her daily dose of attention.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You probably would have, they don't take too kindly to that in public.
View Quote

Guess that's how they justified doing it to blacks back in the day as well.

I wish everyday I wouldn't have been born with asthma, but guess what, shit happens.  

Link Posted: 9/16/2021 8:52:40 PM EDT
[#36]
The airline statement certainly puts a different spin on it.  If they refused to secure the child during taxi or departure, that's an entirely different issue.  Same if she wouldn't put the mask on the child and there was no asthma issue.  Who fucking knows.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 3:40:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 3:48:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I predict that this will cost AA many millions of dollars and yet they will learn nothing and probably even double down on their stupidity.
View Quote

Why would they?  They will just get a bail out because they are carrying the establishment’s water.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 4:35:27 AM EDT
[#39]
But I bet that asshole from American Airlines never felt so powerful. Give a liberal an ounce of power and he will use it against you
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 4:43:06 AM EDT
[#40]
E:  I should read the thread before commenting.   I see other astute story readers have already commented on the kids name… holy fuck if that’s not a special snowflake drama queen red flag, I don’t know what is.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 4:49:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yep.

As soon as I read the headline I knew there was more to the story. Everyone wants to be a victim on social media. There is not a more coveted position in society than that of a victim.
View Quote

My thoughts as well.

Link Posted: 9/17/2021 5:36:09 AM EDT
[#42]
I despise airlines as much as government agencies. I hope to retire before I have to fly for work again.

I don’t believe any rebuttal or “their side of the story” from that putrid airline.

Society has become covid burka nazis.

Link Posted: 9/17/2021 5:44:28 AM EDT
[#43]
I read the thread title and instantly assumed Gateway Pundit or Dailymail.

Like every other article by either of the two, has anyone posted the real story yet that totally debunks their clickbait BS?

Both of those media sites don't actually often "lie." They just purposely leave out key information that could possibly reduce their intended audiences outrage. Both sites know full well their audience will skim article and never dig further to very the accuracy of the story.

Link Posted: 9/17/2021 5:47:45 AM EDT
[#44]
I think the maskers should be kicked off the flight at 10,000 feet with no parachute, instead of turning the plane around. Then the mother should be forced to rename her child. "Way" or "Waylin" or whatever is a dumb name for a human.

Also, this covid mask bullshit is dumber than the muslim burkas.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 6:01:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Being exposed to babies on a plane is worse than being exposed to the Wuhan virus.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 6:08:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Agreed. First, she doesn't look like she is in coach. Business and first have a more lenient mask policy. Her claiming the kid is having an asthma attack and their decision to not continue on says they sure thought something was actually wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the FA/Captain really were told the kid was having a medical issue, why wouldn't the airline have used that as their reasoning for turning around on taxi?

That could only make their side of the story more sympathetic: "We didn't want to take off with a passenger in medical distress."
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 6:08:21 AM EDT
[#47]
"Exemptions apply for children under 2 and travelers with certain disabilities."  So should fit under the disabilities part just fine. Anyway this shows the part to worry about. The rules could be practical and reasonable. It doesn't matter, you have to follow what they want a rule to actually be. In times like this be extra careful. As for a lot of the poster on this thread I am not buying it. Whenever there is any thread about kids on a plane there us always a lot of poster that default against kids. Shows how easily things go bad. Individual likes and dislikes can easliy be misused.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 6:54:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 7:06:06 AM EDT
[#49]
I have to fly in a few weeks. I can assure you I will be wearing my shitty useless china made mask that doesn’t work.

Do they make mask stickers that you can put on your drivers license/ID?
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 7:07:46 AM EDT
[#50]
from reading the story here is the most likely scenario.

Kid crawling around cabin , crew asked for the kid to seated.

Karen knows best for her child as she is a Mommy.

plane turns around Karen sees police and not the manager .

Mommy Karen takes to social media to punish the folks doing their job correctly because she is a Mommy and she knows what is right for her child !

MOMMIES CAN BE REAL DICKS!!!!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top