Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 24
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#1]
The one thing I DON'T want to see is a repeat of the shit they pulled with Warhammer Fantasy.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Could be the deathstorm launchers from the drop pod.

As for the engine to wing connection, whatever you can find that works, and cut to fit and mate up properly.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:53:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love Angry Marines and that's a badass conversion!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/6XpYviz.jpg

Full disclosure, this isn't mine, I actually don't have any models at all.  I love the dawn of war games and I have a rather large 30K/40K book collection, and I really have no interest in the tabletop game, however I kinda wanna build some angry marines to display on top of my book case just for the lulz.
I love Angry Marines and that's a badass conversion!
If I were rich, I'd do a complete Angry Marines army with Knights.    Instead, I'll live vicariously through conversions people have done.  I'm assuming the dreadnought is Brother Ohfuckrunaway

Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Need some help fellas.

Can anyone tell me where I can find these octagonal missile packs above the wings on this Valkyrie conversion?  I thought they may have been Tau of some sort or Terminator missiles, but those both appear wrong.

ETA: Maybe Land speeder missile pods? Front looks right but the rest of the body looks off.
https://i.imgur.com/NMhIOtw.jpg

Any idea how he attached these Tau tank engines to the wings?  The wings are just the normal Valkyrie one's inverted.  I've got the engine bits coming but need to figure out an idea for attaching them in a similar fashion:
https://i.imgur.com/pBHthWq.jpg
View Quote
Granted it's been years since I've assembled a kit so YMMV.

Old dreadnought missile pods with a different front maybe?  And if memory serves, the Valk model has round engine ports, and the Tau tank/APC engines attach with a round plug sort of thing.  So just making them fit/modifying looks like to me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Old dreadnought missile pods with a different front maybe?  And if memory serves, the Valk model has round engine ports, and the Tau tank/APC engines attach with a round plug sort of thing.  So just making them fit/modifying looks like to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Need some help fellas.

Can anyone tell me where I can find these octagonal missile packs above the wings on this Valkyrie conversion?  I thought they may have been Tau of some sort or Terminator missiles, but those both appear wrong.

ETA: Maybe Land speeder missile pods? Front looks right but the rest of the body looks off.

Any idea how he attached these Tau tank engines to the wings?  The wings are just the normal Valkyrie one's inverted.  I've got the engine bits coming but need to figure out an idea for attaching them in a similar fashion:

This is a great idea.  I'll look at making that work.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 10:03:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This is a great idea.  I'll look at making that work.  Thanks!
View Quote
Looking closer at the image, it looks like they trimmed the Tau bit to be thinner, and bored out the Valk engines a bit to make a port and plug assembly sort of.  At least that's my read from the little lip left on the tau engines and the joint.

Edit: better yet, the tau engines have a smooth face, so it was probably just levelled out, pinned, and glued.

Link Posted: 2/8/2018 12:28:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Need some help fellas.

View Quote
They're Land Speeder Typhoon missile pods.

I've got one in a box, but don't see them anywhere on Games Workshop's site. I think they went bye bye with the new rules.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 8:42:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I've got one in a box, but don't see them anywhere on Games Workshop's site. I think they went bye bye with the new rules.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Need some help fellas.

yea, I found the bits on Ebay if I decide to go that way.  I have a Taurox that I have to build and don't plan on using the missile pods, so I may use them on the Valk instead:

Link Posted: 2/8/2018 9:03:36 AM EDT
[#9]
WHFB still isn't dead and is still generating Memes.

KhemriTV:

Link Posted: 2/8/2018 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#10]
So, as I was flipping through the Dark Angels codex the other day, I started wondering what really would happen if the Lion woke up.

It seems clear that we're going to see more of the Daemon primarchs, and seems hard to believe they will stop with Guilliman, given that several other regular primarchs were last seen alive, or are outright stated to be alive.  The Lion being the most blatantly acknowledged to be so makes him one of the most likely to reenter the scene relatively soon.

But what would he make of what his legion has become?  While he was always one to keep his own counsel, and somewhat secretive, would he really be all in for the path that his officers took after the destruction of Caliban and the hunt for the Fallen?
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 10:07:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So, as I was flipping through the Dark Angels codex the other day, I started wondering what really would happen if the Lion woke up.

It seems clear that we're going to see more of the Daemon primarchs, and seems hard to believe they will stop with Guilliman, given that several other regular primarchs were last seen alive, or are outright stated to be alive.  The Lion being the most blatantly acknowledged to be so makes him one of the most likely to reenter the scene relatively soon.

But what would he make of what his legion has become?  While he was always one to keep his own counsel, and somewhat secretive, would he really be all in for the path that his officers took after the destruction of Caliban and the hunt for the Fallen?
View Quote
I agree and I can't wait.  Has the whole "Unforgiven" thing justified or just completely mis-interpreted? Is Luther right and the Fallen are actually the ones that were right this whole time?

Click To View Spoiler

^the info in the spoiler is why I think Lion will wake up sooner rather than later.  Have a big to-do and, at the last minute, Lion wakes up and sets it all right, which ever that way is supposed to be.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 5:33:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 2/13/2018 5:41:19 AM EDT
[#14]
It updates slow, but Eagle Ordinary is a pretty solid webcomic for 40k.

Link Posted: 2/22/2018 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Official rules for Eisenhorn have been released.

Eisenhorn Rules
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 2:37:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Eisenhorn Rules
View Quote
They should have a rule where if you're playing against chaos, your opponent rolls 2d6. If both hit 1's, then eisenhorn is now under their control

I just got done reading the omnibus not too long ago. I may have to buy this. Of course, I would then be tempted to start an Inquisition/Grey Knights army but I need to finish my IG army.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 3:11:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They should have a rule where if you're playing against chaos, your opponent rolls 2d6. If both hit 1's, then eisenhorn is now under their control

I just got done reading the omnibus not too long ago. I may have to buy this. Of course, I would then be tempted to start an Inquisition/Grey Knights army but I need to finish my IG army.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eisenhorn Rules

IG with an Inquisition detachment.

Honestly, I think every Imperial army has room for an Inquisitor and his warband, but I've been a fan of the =I= since I read the Eisenhorn omnibus years ago.  My fandom was solidified big time a few years after that when GW, and later, Fantasy Flight Games released the Dark Heresy RPG.  The idea of a guy rolling around in a galactic totalitarian society who has been given what amounts to complete and total impunity to operate in any way he sees fit is fascinating to me.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 11:46:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I've gotten my Valkyrie/Vulture VTOL to a good spot I think.  Just mounted the magnets to the engine supports and engines after filling in the support with Milliput. I'm working on the chin turret for the lascannon now.

Made some Milliput sights for these door gunners.  They've since been trimmed down and squared up a bit to not be quite so large.

Milliput has been wonderful to work with.  Made mounting these magnets super easy. I'm thinking about getting a few 3x3x1mm magnets to put at the top and leading edge of the main magnet to use as index points so the engines stay in place.  Thought?

ETA: Just finished the lascannon chin turret:

ETA2: Primed it a bit.  Of course on my last coat it bubbled around the cockpit and powdered on the swings a bit. Hoping I can use a toothbrush and some simple green to fix it and alleviate having to dunk it.

Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:20:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I also downloaded the "Dark Imperium" audiobook from Audible.  Is it a decent listen or did I just waste a credit?
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:23:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Buddy in Germany tried to get me into it. I liked painting the army, and liked the PC games, but didn't care for the tabletop game.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#21]
DoW III is officially dead.  Relic killed it last week.

Battlefleet Gothic Armada II could be good though.  Supposed to come out this fall.

The Eisenhorn figure and new book are on the GW site for sale.  Also holy fuck.  Guess I'll be hoping for $$$ and a figure in stock come April.  

$35 Eisenhorn figure
The Magos $17 (new book)
$75 limited edition The Magos  Gold leaf, signed copy, fake leather cover, etc.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:06:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Battlefleet Gothic Armada II could be good though.  Supposed to come out this fall.

The Eisenhorn figure and new book are on the GW site for sale.  Also holy fuck.  Guess I'll be hoping for $$$ and a figure in stock come April.  

$35 Eisenhorn figure
The Magos $17 (new book)
View Quote
Relic really fucked up with COH 2 also. The patches seem designed to chase players off. Some of the challenge missions were patched to make them unwinnable.

I don't know why game companies can't figure this shit out. You have a game series, when you do the newest game, you should emphasize the features from previous games that were popular, not shove the crap features down the players throat. DOW had a great main campaign and the expansions like soulstorm were great. Dow 2 was awesome. Then they dumbed down the squad skills and equipment for the first expansion, and when people complained, they dumbed it down even more for the 2nd expansion.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Relic really fucked up with COH 2 also. The patches seem designed to chase players off. Some of the challenge missions were patched to make them unwinnable.

I don't know why game companies can't figure this shit out. You have a game series, when you do the newest game, you should emphasize the features from previous games that were popular, not shove the crap features down the players throat. DOW had a great main campaign and the expansions like soulstorm were great. Dow 2 was awesome. Then they dumbed down the squad skills and equipment for the first expansion, and when people complained, they dumbed it down even more for the 2nd expansion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$35 Eisenhorn figure
The Magos $17 (new book)

Yup.  Btw, I'd be down sometime or another if anyone wants to get a steam game of either DoW going.  I'm still trying to level guys through Survival mode.  Kinda hard when there are ~60 people online usually.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yup.  Btw, I'd be down sometime or another if anyone wants to get a steam game of either DoW going.  I'm still trying to level guys through Survival mode.  Kinda hard when there are ~60 people online usually.
View Quote
Which DoW had the IG and all the other races vying for control of a planet?
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#25]
It's been a rough week, haven't done a damn bit of painting.

I did pick up the Eisenhorn fig, though.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:50:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DoW 1
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:56:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

DoW 1
View Quote
Thanks.  Was there anything similar to that with IG and the grand campaign and all that for 2?
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 2:33:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Thanks.  Was there anything similar to that with IG and the grand campaign and all that for 2?
View Quote
There was 2 diff DOW 1 expansions. Dark Crusade was a planet conquest. Soulstorm was a 4 planet system and each faction had a stronghold that had to be taken.

No. 2 was more hero based. You had a commander and 5 squads. Scout, Tactical, devastator, assault and a dreadnought. You could only take the commander and 3 squads during each mission, and you would get equipment, armor, and weapon drops, so you could upgrade the squads skill trees and change weapons to fit the mission. If you had to take out a grav tank, you could give your tactical squad leader a rocket launcher, or if you were dealing with weak tyranyd swarms a flamethrower instead. There was a level cap, so you had to choose what trees to invest your points in. Thre was melee, ranged, health and energy, with abilities unlocked every so often down the tree. So you could make your commander, or whatever squad, have a fuckton of HP and a badass with melee weapons or max out energy for special abilities and ranged weapons, or make him more generalized, etc.

First expansion to DOW 2 simplified it and added a new unit. 2nd expansion dumbed it down even more and added no name throwaway units you could take instead.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#29]
legos are pricey now, but you can get a bucket of used bits not to pricey. however many of you guys have kids and might be worth raiding a handful of parts.

Link Posted: 3/1/2018 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
legos are pricey now, but you can get a bucket of used bits not to pricey. however many of you guys have kids and might be worth raiding a handful of parts.

https://scontent.fmia1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/28276644_2017362588477186_1570195959595878683_n.jpg?oh=7ae53a2ee018aca6222fc72fa106b6cc&oe=5B058755
View Quote
Sneaky.  Magnets and fender washers are stupid cheap, but if you have a bucket of random legos, it's hard to beat free.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://scontent.fmia1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/28276644_2017362588477186_1570195959595878683_n.jpg?oh=7ae53a2ee018aca6222fc72fa106b6cc&oe=5B058755
View Quote
Shit, I'm gonna remember that when I get back into scale modeling.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 7:00:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Warhammer Community announced today a new starter box with Necrons and AdMech.  I'd include a link, but I'm on my phone and it's too much of a pain in the ass to put hot links in.  Sue me.

ETA

The box is going to be called Forgebane

Link
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 10:26:34 PM EDT
[#33]
just saw this dudes squad.

Link Posted: 3/15/2018 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#34]
New Kill Team rules coming, among other things.

Link
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 12:02:11 PM EDT
[#35]
I've got a Start Collecting set built, painted, and ready to play.  I think I have the gist of some of the rules but battle-forged armies and command points leave me confused.  With my HQ and at least 1 Troop(the set gave me 10 marines so it could be split in two plus a Fast Attack), I can run a Patrol Detachment.  Does this qualify as a Battle-Forged Army or is that only for Battalion and up?  If it is battle-forged, am I reading it right that I automatically get 3 command points but no extra from the Patrol?
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 5:44:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I've got a Start Collecting set built, painted, and ready to play.  I think I have the gist of some of the rules but battle-forged armies and command points leave me confused.  With my HQ and at least 1 Troop(the set gave me 10 marines so it could be split in two plus a Fast Attack), I can run a Patrol Detachment.  Does this qualify as a Battle-Forged Army or is that only for Battalion and up?  If it is battle-forged, am I reading it right that I automatically get 3 command points but no extra from the Patrol?
View Quote
If I'm understanding you right, yes, that's a battleforged army if they all have a common faction keyword (i.e. Imperium, Adeptus Astartes, Blood Angels, etc).  If your army is battleforged and fits into one of the detachments, you get three command points.  Then, based on what detachment you're running you may get additional command points.
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 10:37:20 PM EDT
[#37]
My future "Ratling" snipers for my Astra Militarum army:
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 10:40:10 PM EDT
[#38]
WIP

Link Posted: 3/18/2018 11:07:29 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
Nice! I went with a 2x4 conversion made by Blood and Skulls Industries (only on ebay) for my Taurox Prime and configured it with the gatlings and dual autocannons.

Here it is next to a Leman Russ I've been working on lately:

My "to-do." I'll do one of these after I finish a squad of infantry.  Going to be a while:
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 11:13:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Nice! I went with a 2x4 conversion made by Blood and Skulls Industries (only on ebay) for my Taurox Prime and configured it with the gatlings and dual autocannons.

Here it is next to a Leman Russ I've been working on lately:

https://i.imgur.com/jwGiWaf.jpg

My "to-do." I'll do one of these after I finish a squad of infantry.  Going to be a while:
https://i.imgur.com/bakHJLK.jpg
View Quote
Thanks! I think I got my conversion set from Anvil Industries?

Edit: actually Victoria Miniatures.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Some big announcement planned for this evening at Adepticon.

Bigger than last year's announcement of 40k 8th ed, so they say.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Some big announcement planned for this evening at Adepticon.

Bigger than last year's announcement of 40k 8th ed, so they say.
View Quote
Hmm,..what do y'all think? Age of Sigmar second edition? The Russ and the Lion return? Squats?
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 7:11:50 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote
A truck like that would have been awesome in Gorka Morka, I wish there had been a human faction.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Hmm,..what do y'all think? Age of Sigmar second edition? The Russ and the Lion return? Squats?
View Quote
Well, I think it's probably a bit early for Sigmar 2.0, but I could be wrong.  If it's a primarch return, I'd expect it to be more than one for them to qualify the announcement as being bigger than them announcing 8th edition.  I wouldn't be totally surprised to see them announce plastic sisters, but I think that's too early, since there are too many Codexes yet to be released (orks, dark eldar, imperial knights), unless it's announcing them for after those.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Looks like they're showing off the new sea elves riding flying sharks and giant floating turtles.

A new CCG set in Age of Sigmar.

Codexes Harlequins and Deathwatch announced.

Codex Imperial Knights after those.

New IK models.

40k list building app.  For free.

Aaaaaaaaaaand plastic sisters of battle announced for 2019.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#46]
So, I need some help from you boys. This is my current Imperial Guard army. Battalion of tanks and artillery with infantry screen and detachment of Scions with Taurox Primes.

I know, I know, paint what I have now before buying something else, but I am itching for a new kit. The question is what should I get? I could get:

A) Valkyrie for my Scions
B) Two more Sentinels to make a squadron
C) More Infantry
D) BANEBLADE!!!!! (or Stormlord)
E) Ratlings
F) Ogryns or Bullgryns
G) another option

Let me know what you think.

Link Posted: 3/25/2018 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So, I need some help from you boys. This is my current Imperial Guard army. Battalion of tanks and artillery with infantry screen and detachment of Scions with Taurox Primes.

I know, I know, paint what I have now before buying something else, but I am itching for a new kit. The question is what should I get? I could get:

A) Valkyrie for my Scions
B) Two more Sentinels to make a squadron
C) More Infantry
D) BANEBLADE!!!!! (or Stormlord)
E) Ratlings
F) Ogryns or Bullgryns
G) another option

Let me know what you think.

https://i.imgur.com/XNNyyLP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/wj9QF7d.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3XIpEzc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/L0SI8ai.jpg
View Quote
I'd definitely say some Bullgryn and a couple of Sentinels.  With two more Sentinels you're getting close to a brigade build with those 12 tasty CPs once you have 6 troop choices.  Bullgryns are the best hand to hand unit in the IG and when they have a priest in tow, absolutely wreck shit.  I bought a Valk and converted it (pics above).  That's been fun from a modeling perspective, if a tad expensive to the wallet.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#48]
I have a challenge for you IG guys.  If I had the money to do it, I'd do this in a heartbeat for an entire army for laughs.  Every last freaking unit, including putting reflective stripes on vehicles.  Then again, the cheapest way to do it, is to buy a few PT belts and cut sections to fit.

Kasrkin or Stormtroopers wearing PT belts for 'safety.'  Maybe with an Ogryn detachment too.

Link Posted: 3/25/2018 8:00:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'd definitely say some Bullgryn and a couple of Sentinels.  With two more Sentinels you're getting close to a brigade build with those 12 tasty CPs once you have 6 troop choices.  Bullgryns are the best hand to hand unit in the IG and when they have a priest in tow, absolutely wreck shit.  I bought a Valk and converted it (pics above).  That's been fun from a modeling perspective, if a tad expensive to the wallet.
View Quote
Thanks, I am thinking some Bullgryns dropped out of a Valkyrie
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 9:00:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Just downloaded Magos. Looking forward to it. I really liked the first 3 Eisenhorn novels -a lot.
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top