Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 11:23:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ozempic is a TERRIBLE idea.

T2 Diabetes is a lifestyle choice.

Ozempic changes the way your body processes energy at the cellular level. It enables you to continue to eat sugar, carbs and other non-essential shit and not get terribly fat.

Google Ozempic butt.  Why do your muscles shrink while you're taking that shit? Once you know the answer, you won't take it.

Eat a species specific, human appropriate diet.  Stop being stupid.
View Quote

Which is people being prescribed something, told how to properly combine it with diet change. And saying, "fuck it" I'll do what I want to. Then proceeding to continue eating 3k calories of garbage a day, and wondering why it didn't work. It didn't work, because you're a fucking dumbass (like 1/2 of GD, and 75% of the US population).
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Half right.  Cut carbs to under 20 grams a day, increase healthy fat consumption. Exercise if you feel like it.

And the great thing is, if you eliminate carbs and replace them with more fatty meat, you will soon have so much energy you will want to run to work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dont.

It causes as much lean tissue loss as fat. More plates more dates broke it down.

Cut 200 kcal per day and walk 20 min per day. You'll lose weight.

Half right.  Cut carbs to under 20 grams a day, increase healthy fat consumption. Exercise if you feel like it.

And the great thing is, if you eliminate carbs and replace them with more fatty meat, you will soon have so much energy you will want to run to work.

Agreed. And I probably could have done the same stuff w/o Ozempic. But it was hella nice to have a crutch to get me started down the same path. My plan from the get-go (and agreed to 100% by my endo) was to crash-change everything with medical assist and then get the FOOK off all of it asap. I'm I the norm? Nope. Apparently maybe 5% of patients take my approach. Most are going to be on Ozempic for ever most likely seeing very little result or change. /shrug
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 11:51:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Rather than taking a pill with perhaps lots of possible side effects, please check into intermittent fasting.

IF has been a blessing for me and I have lost 50+ pounds. I plan on doing IF for the rest of my life.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Rather than taking a pill with perhaps lots of possible side effects, please check into intermittent fasting.

IF has been a blessing for me and I have lost 50+ pounds. I plan on doing IF for the rest of my life.
View Quote

2nd'd. The days I adhere strictly to 17-18 hours of fasting and 6-7 hours of eating is nearly 100% a 0.5 - 1.0 lb loss day.
Other things I changed:
Walking or exercise w/n 30 minutes after a meal/calorie intake. Target heart rate of 120+ for 20 minutes.
Aforementioned intermittent fasting (I'd say at least 5 days a week, STRICT with it).
Ozempic assisted calorie intake down to <1500 (some days probably 1000 calories at best).

Coffee no creamer or sugar. Found via monitoring my body doesn't really react to Stevia or monkfruit sweetners, so switched to black coffee + that in AM's. Hold off on lunch until noon-1pm (the longer the better). Heavy protein low carb, low amounts of food. Boiled eggs, ham, grilled chicken, Grillo's pickles for my salt fix. Full stop of Mayo, Ranch, and Blue cheese dressings. That crap was truly awful on my system.  Your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You are both right, because you are arguing past each other,  Yes, your weight is almost entirely controlled by balance of CICO,  No, because there are many other factors in food that affect health other than calorie value,  and selections equal in calories are not equal in health outcomes.
View Quote

I agree. I'm not saying eating pop tarts and m&ms is healthy. But in terms of calories and getting fat, the same calories from that diet as from chicken and broccoli would get you equally fat.

And I will also concede that the shitty diet is also more self sustaining and likely to lead to people stuffing their face more.

But I don't agree the food pyramid is inherently bad or likely to get you fat. You can certainly eat a balanced diet including carbs, sugar, protein, fiber and stay healthy.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Your body is not a bomb calorimeter.
View Quote

It pretty much is. Every calorie you eat is either burnt, stored, or shit out. Where else could it go?

From a psychological perspective, eating shitty food is likely to make you want to eat more, sure.

But put two people on a diet and carefully track their bmr and match caloric intake to that bmr, and it won't matter how much sugar or fat or protein you feed them, neither will gain weight.

The reason low car diets tend to work so well is people are less likely to binge on high calorie junk food if they cut out most carbs.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I agree. I'm not saying eating pop tarts and m&ms is healthy. But in terms of calories and getting fat, the same calories from that diet as from chicken and broccoli would get you equally fat.

And I will also concede that the shitty diet is also more self sustaining and likely to lead to people stuffing their face more.

But I don't agree the food pyramid is inherently bad or likely to get you fat. You can certainly eat a balanced diet including carbs, sugar, protein, fiber and stay healthy.
View Quote

What do you weigh?
What is the most you ever weighed?
How many calories do you eat a day?

All pertinent questions for someone that gives weight loss advice.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Keto carnivor will reverse type II and you will lose weight even faster.

Millions have done it. The pharmaceutical industry hates it because they can't make money off of it, same as the big processed food companies. Thus most doctors want you to take an Rx for life instead of simple lifestyle changes.

Cut out all the carbs/sugars'processed foods possible (carbs are sugar) and you will get the same results without any of the side effects of an Rx.

Beef butter bacon and eggs along with seafood no more breads noodles sugars etc...easiest diet in the world especially for men.

I'd try this for 6 months before starting a drug.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#9]
You should trust Ozempic as much as the Pfizer vaccine
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 4:36:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It pretty much is. Every calorie you eat is either burnt, stored, or shit out. Where else could it go?

From a psychological perspective, eating shitty food is likely to make you want to eat more, sure.

But put two people on a diet and carefully track their bmr and match caloric intake to that bmr, and it won't matter how much sugar or fat or protein you feed them, neither will gain weight.

The reason low car diets tend to work so well is people are less likely to binge on high calorie junk food if they cut out most carbs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your body is not a bomb calorimeter.

There are numerous peer reviewed studies that disprove the horseshit you're spewing.

Diet can affect your BMR, it's not a fixed value.

Link Posted: 7/26/2023 4:36:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a bunch in the fridge, I refused to take them. Last thing I need to do is lose weight. I'd disappear.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 4:42:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Millions have done it. The pharmaceutical industry hates it because they can't make money off of it, same as the big processed food companies. Thus most doctors want you to take an Rx for life instead of simple lifestyle changes.

Cut out all the carbs/sugars'processed foods possible (carbs are sugar) and you will get the same results without any of the side effects of an Rx.

Beef butter bacon and eggs along with seafood no more breads noodles sugars etc...easiest diet in the world especially for men.

View Quote

This worked for a diabetic cat that I had. Insulin and "diabetic" Rx food didn't work. Carnivore diet dropped the weight and added years to his life. We stopped insulin soon after the weight loss. He lived to be 18.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 4:42:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

This worked for a diabetic cat that I had. Insulin and "diabetic" Rx food didn't work. Carnivore diet dropped the weight and added years to his life. We stopped insulin soon after the weight loss. He lived to be 18.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 4:47:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

There are numerous peer reviewed studies that disprove the horseshit you're spewing.

View Quote

Moral of the story is cut enough calories you’ll lose weight. If you eat a surplus you will put it on. I eat 1,800 - 2000 I’ll cut, 2,400 to maintain and try to be around 3k during bulk.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 4:48:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Moral of the story is cut enough calories you’ll lose weight. If you eat a surplus you will put it on. I eat 1,800 - 2000 I’ll cut, 2,400 to maintain and try to be around 3k during bulk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cut enough calories and your body will drastically reduce its BMR and stop you from losing weight.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Cut enough calories and your body will drastically reduce its BMR and stop you from losing weight.
View Quote

Oh ya? Is that why all those fat people came out of Auschwitz? Human body doesn’t defy thermodynamics.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Oh ya? Is that why all those fat people came out of Auschwitz?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh ya? Is that why all those fat people came out of Auschwitz?

No but it is a significant contributor to the weight gain post diet.

Source.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Source.
View Quote

Who knew.

Eat good stuff, count calories and workout you’ll be good to go. There’s no excuse.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:03:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Who knew.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Source.

Who knew.

Imagine being incapable of processing information.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Who knew.

Eat good stuff, count calories and workout you’ll be good to go. There’s no excuse.
View Quote

How do you establish what good stuff is?
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:05:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Imagine being incapable of knowing what good food is.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:06:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would you establish it based on the foods that react the best with the body?
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Less processed the better. Veggies, fruits and meats. People will make hard and fast rules about not being able to eat whatever foods but in small portions or keeping calories and macros in parameters its fine.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I do love pasta, pizza, fruit and the occasional dessert so strict Keto isn’t a sustainable option for me. I do eat low carb and replace certain items with Keto friendly things. Moderation and a little discipline is all it takes which most people can do. Strict Keto is actually pretty hard to maintain without repeating a lot of foods.

Cheats like butter coffee, Stevia for a cookie or brownie and coconut oil help round out a more limited carb diet. Each person has to find a diet (way of eating,) they can sustain as it’s a lifestyle change.

Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Less processed the better. Veggies, fruits and meats. People will make hard and fast rules about not being able to eat whatever foods but in small portions or keeping calories and macros in parameters its fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But why are processed foods bad? Calories are calories, right?
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:22:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because I can eat a lot more of healthy foods vs the processed stuff. Like why do I eat more elk, fish, deer, chicken etc vs beef? Well I can eat like twice the amount.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Because I can eat a lot more of healthy foods vs the processed stuff. Like why do I eat more elk, fish, deer, chicken etc vs beef? Well I can eat like twice the amount.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But why would volume of food matter for health?

So they are healthy because you can eat more of them?

They provide the same energy....
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

If it doesn't look like this then it doesn't belong in the digestive system:

Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:34:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Obviously...

But what I'm trying to get at is the underlying reason why.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because I can eat more for the same amount of calories. If I can have a chicken breast for 200 calories and 20 grams of protein vs 400 calorie steak for 20 grams of protein I get more bang for my buck with the chicken.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Because I can eat more for the same amount of calories. If I can have a chicken breast for 200 calories and 20 grams of protein vs 400 calorie steak for 20 grams of protein I get more bang for my buck with the chicken.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That doesn't answer the question.

Why?

Why would volume of food matter?

Why would protein matter?

It's just calories. Your body is a bomb calorimeter.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Obviously...

But what I'm trying to get at is the underlying reason why.
View All Quotes

If I had to guess it's would be volume. I physically can't eat more than two 16oz ribeye's in a day which according to google are ~1300 calories each.

Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:48:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Ozempic is a TERRIBLE idea.

T2 Diabetes is a lifestyle choice.

Ozempic changes the way your body processes energy at the cellular level. It enables you to continue to eat sugar, carbs and other non-essential shit and not get terribly fat.

Google Ozempic butt.  Why do your muscles shrink while you're taking that shit? Once you know the answer, you won't take it.

Eat a species specific, human appropriate diet.  Stop being stupid.
View Quote

If you’re not smart enough to figure out that ozempic butt is just fat people with no muscle tone and a bunch of loose skin after losing weight, then your whole argument falls flat. Also, fat people confusing muscle and fat and you falling for it proves you’re not as smart as you’re trying to appear.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If I had to guess it's would be volume. I physically can't eat more than two 16oz ribeye's in a day which according to google are ~1300 calories each.

View All Quotes

So does the physical volume of food signal to your body that you are full, or is it a hormonal response?
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:50:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Why?

View Quote

Protein for muscle growth. If I have a certain amount of calories to eat protein will make up a certain amount. I prefer more food because I personally don’t like being hungry. If I’m bulking then I’ll have calories to spare and can afford to eat higher calorie food.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:52:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So does the physical volume of food signal to your body that you are full, or is it a hormonal response?
View Quote

Why do people get lap-band surgery? Doesn’t it make the stomach smaller so fatties feel full?
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:53:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Protein for muscle growth. If I have a certain amount of calories to eat protein will make up a certain amount. I prefer more food because I personally don’t like being hungry. If I’m bulking then I’ll have calories to spare and can afford to eat higher calorie food.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

So different foods can affect your level of hunger?

Why is that? Why would your body discriminate if calories are calories?
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Volume does. If I eat 2 cups of beans vs 2 cups of ice cream I’ll be the same level of full but one is going to be a shitload more calories.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You should trust Ozempic as much as the Pfizer vaccine
View Quote

To my knowledge, NorvoNordisk is a fantastic pharma company in  world of Pfizer and Moderna. That said, I’m biased as their legal team went to bat for me vs insurance playing fuck fuck games.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Why do people get lap-band surgery? Doesn’t it make the stomach smaller so fatties feel full?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they have no self control and have completely destroyed normal systems from processed food.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Volume does. If I eat 2 cups of beans vs 2 cups of ice cream I’ll be the same level of full but one is going to be a shitload more calories.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about a cup of steak versus a cup of ice cream?

Apparently leptin and ghrelin just don’t exist anymore because some guy on Arfcom doesn’t think so.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Is he diabetic or is it for weight loss?

Weekly, i see people with pancreatitis from it.  Not yet this week, but it’s only Tuesday.
View Quote

This alone makes it not worth it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

As will anytime you run a massive caloric deficit, that's just how that works. Has absolutely nothing to do with the drug.

Been on it for coming up on 4 months. Focus on minimum of 3+ miles walked (running every other day). Lifting light when possible (not enough). A few posts up nailed it. Don't eat like shit, or in large portions and I have no stomach issues. Anytime I deviate from high protein and extreme low-carbs...I regret it (stomach cramps, diarrhea, etc.).  From 230 -> 175 (5'10") in that time. Down to clothes size I haven't been since college. Look great, feel great. Got a few more lbs to lose, then endocrinologist said stay stable on medicine and weight for 3 months to "train" body to its new weight and composition. So, over that 3 months I'm planning on really focusing on lifting and building back to muscle loss that was inevitable during this weight crash.

Bottom line is, without it I'm sure I'd have struggled to consistently (or at all) be able to intermittent fast for the 16/8 I've been doing. Done a couple 24's as well. Previous to being diagnosed at type2 'beetus I as easily throwing down 3-4k of absolute junk a day. Eating until midnight on a regular basis. It is good for everyone? No. Can it literally turn your life around if you use it with some knowledge, desire, and discipline. Yep.

OP, if your boss is also being put on blood pressure medication...yeah, that can cause some problems with..uhh, fully achieving happy time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dont.

[b]It causes as much lean tissue loss as fat[\b]. More plates more dates broke it down.

Cut 200 kcal per day and walk 20 min per day. You'll lose weight.

As will anytime you run a massive caloric deficit, that's just how that works. Has absolutely nothing to do with the drug.

Been on it for coming up on 4 months. Focus on minimum of 3+ miles walked (running every other day). Lifting light when possible (not enough). A few posts up nailed it. Don't eat like shit, or in large portions and I have no stomach issues. Anytime I deviate from high protein and extreme low-carbs...I regret it (stomach cramps, diarrhea, etc.).  From 230 -> 175 (5'10") in that time. Down to clothes size I haven't been since college. Look great, feel great. Got a few more lbs to lose, then endocrinologist said stay stable on medicine and weight for 3 months to "train" body to its new weight and composition. So, over that 3 months I'm planning on really focusing on lifting and building back to muscle loss that was inevitable during this weight crash.

Bottom line is, without it I'm sure I'd have struggled to consistently (or at all) be able to intermittent fast for the 16/8 I've been doing. Done a couple 24's as well. Previous to being diagnosed at type2 'beetus I as easily throwing down 3-4k of absolute junk a day. Eating until midnight on a regular basis. It is good for everyone? No. Can it literally turn your life around if you use it with some knowledge, desire, and discipline. Yep.

OP, if your boss is also being put on blood pressure medication...yeah, that can cause some problems with..uhh, fully achieving happy time.

So the drug causes a significant decrease in appetite, which according to you (and I think I agree) causes relatively equal lean tissue losses as fat losses. It sounds like the drug has absolutely everything to do with it, unless you aren't taking the drug and are starving yourself anyways.

I'm glad it's worked for you. It's better than being obese. But better than that is changing your diet and lifestyle instead of just taking the "wonderdrug" and ignoring the side effects or pretending like you couldn't have done it without the drug.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 6:39:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Apparently leptin and ghrelin just don’t exist anymore because some guy on Arfcom doesn’t think so.
View Quote

I prefer steak because I want protein. If it’s just body weight I’m going to still go with steak because it’s probably way less calories.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 6:43:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I prefer steak because I want protein. If it’s just body weight I’m going to still go with steak because it’s probably way less calories.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But why do you want protein? A calorie is a calorie.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

You’re moving the goal posts. I want protein to grow muscles and gain strength. If I only cared about weight it would be irrelevant. It’s different goals.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Is he diabetic or is it for weight loss?

Weekly, i see people with pancreatitis from it.  Not yet this week, but it’s only Tuesday.
View Quote

Now they are saying it's linked to bowel obstructions as well.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 6:57:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Did I explain this?  I’m too lazy to reread my posts:

Carbs & fats are the easiest to process into fat.

It’s enzymatically more difficult to turn protein into fat, BUT many animal proteins that taste good—ribeye—have more fat calories.

The cornerstone of a healthy diet is high, lean protein, which is slower to convert to glucose vs carbs, even “complex” carbs or “natural” carbs, whatever the fuck they are…and veggies.

The issue with processed food is typically additives & salt.  If you’re healthy, active & have no family issues re : high BP, maybe it doesn’t matter.  Personally, I prefer to avoid additives—if the Lord wanted me to eat it—it would be in the chicken already.

Recently, there was a BP thread—salt in processed foods increase BP if you’re prone it HTN.

Your body—truthfully, I don’t care, until my tax dollars are bailing people out of repeated piss-poor decisions.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You’re moving the goal posts. I want protein to grow muscles and gain strength. If I only cared about weight it would be irrelevant. It’s different goals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m not moving the goal posts.

I’m establishing, and you’re backing up, that different forms of food have different effects in the body past the amount of energy they produce when lit on fire.

It stands to reason that besides protein leading to muscle growth, there are other hormonal triggers which affect the body and not only how it processes the food but also how it operates as a whole, and if we logically extend that patterns of different food consumption over time will affect how the body operates it further leads to why you’re completely wrong.

In fact the entire existence of Insulin Resistance and Type II diabetes proves you wrong.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

For me the volume dictates portion size since overeating pushes my L-Spine out of alignment enough to pinch nerves. It's taken years of trial and error with diet and exercize to figure out what my body responds to. After I retired I ballooned up to ~250lbs with a 44" waist. Losing weight wasn't difficult, maintaining enough muscle mass to keep my vertebrae aligned was a different engineering challenge altogether.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top