Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Ya, my daughter is a financial analyst for a large company and when the covid thing kicked off she went full time working from home.  Had to go back two or three days a week in march.  two full years of working from home.  she hates having to go back to work.  It was sooooo much easier to roll out of bed 15 min before she had to be logged on, wear pajamas all day, never got herself ready for "work".  She admitted her productivity was way less than when she was at the office.  No kidding.  No loads of laundry to toss in real quick while logged in, no dishes to quickly get done while logged in.  Finally I had a talk with her about the value of getting up, getting ready and going to work.  The purpose it gives you in your life.  Going to fucking work gives your life purpose.  She finally got it, goes to work and admits she is much more productive.  Just go to fucking work everybody!
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Apple is one of the few outfits that probably can drag a bunch of WFH personnel back to the office (Don't like it? There's a LOT of people who will kill to work for Apple).....but not remotely all, and WFH will be fairly standard for SWE's and designers with desirable skillsets (i.e. not the ICT2's fresh out of the Bootcamp, or the actual office workers who don't code).  OTOH, Apple stuff enough fringe benefits into their campuses that a lot of people will come back to the office voluntarily.  Hell a chunk of their Austin-based SWE workforce is now encamped less than 10 minutes commute from the Apple campus.

OTOOH, Apple's career page is stuffed with jobs being offered for Remote employees.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't normally enjoy firing people, but I would thoroughly enjoy firing that bunch of fucking morons. Their tears would be delicious.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Showing up to work on time everyday is a white male trait. It’s their privelege and how they keep others down.
View Quote

The office is 10 minutes away from me. I get more done in my home office with the wife homeschooling two kids than I do on campus.

I can’t be bothered to drive to the office and deal with the “open collaborative spaces” when I can focus at home and still get an hour bike ride in with my son.

The office environment isn’t super awesome for everyone though I guess boomers remember their WATS lines and green bar printouts fondly.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#5]
It's pretty pathetic and speaks to how weak we are as a society that shit like this is coddled and tolerated.

”But what if they get mad and cancel us???”

These fuckers start getting fired on the regular and we'll see much less of this stupid shit.
But instead people pander to these retards.
I don't understand it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#6]
double tap
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Bet Apple wishes they had their boomer employees back right about now.

And it seems woman have no place in computer engineering from what I can see. They seem to bitch more then actually work.

Hell, if I could work on MY rules and anywhere I wanted to, I'd never quit.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:50:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone else appreciate the humor in the very same people who never stop talking about their mental health crises and are most at risk of detachment are the ones begging to further isolate themselves?
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Wonder if they did this on Company time….
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:04:41 PM EDT
[#10]
My employer panicked when our talent started leaving for full time WFH jobs. FTWFH became permanent policy very quickly.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:04:54 PM EDT
[#11]
These people are an enemy to freedom
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#12]
We are fucking doomed.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:08:11 PM EDT
[#13]
lol. Entitled millennials with mental issues.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ya, my daughter is a financial analyst for a large company and when the covid thing kicked off she went full time working from home.  Had to go back two or three days a week in march.  two full years of working from home.  she hates having to go back to work.  It was sooooo much easier to roll out of bed 15 min before she had to be logged on, wear pajamas all day, never got herself ready for "work".  She admitted her productivity was way less than when she was at the office.  No kidding.  No loads of laundry to toss in real quick while logged in, no dishes to quickly get done while logged in.  Finally I had a talk with her about the value of getting up, getting ready and going to work.  The purpose it gives you in your life.  Going to fucking work gives your life purpose.  She finally got it, goes to work and admits she is much more productive.  Just go to fucking work everybody!
View Quote

life purpose is to work?… sounds like a miserable existence.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My employer panicked when our talent started leaving for full time WFH jobs. FTWFH became permanent policy very quickly.
View Quote

We’ve been using it as a retention / recruiting tool.  We have far lower turnover than our competitors.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Plenty of perfectly valid reasons why wfh can work for some people but they pick the retarded one
View Quote

This, but these people are stuck on retard
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I figure the employees who can actually show up for work are going to be the best fit.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:16:10 PM EDT
[#18]
If you want to work from home, there are plenty of jobs out there that specifically want people to wfh. My step daughter and her fiance do it for some third party insurance company thing. They're basically phone operators, taking and transferring calls, sometimes solving policy issues or questions. The companies even provide computers that they ship to you
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
These companies went all in on the covid narrative for political reasons and silenced anything and anyone that went against the narrative. Fuck them,  you wanted this.  You hired a bunch of whiney liberals, that always get their way and haven't been told no.
View Quote

I like this response
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:32:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fire every single one of them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I expect management and accounting had a long talk about ending WFH.  Does anyone really think they would do it if they thought it would hurt managements (not necessarily the companies) bottom line?  Do you think the Board of Director's would do it if it hurt their pocketbooks?  

While there are a few companies that don't appear to be in business to make a profit - most are fairly concerned about maximizing it.

Woke corporate culture was a direct result of linking a Corporations social credit score with their ability to get cheap lending.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:37:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Yea, I saw fight club.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:40:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

You seriously told your daughter the purpose of life was work?
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:46:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Something something...  chickens home to roost...  something something...
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If you want to work from home, there are plenty of jobs out there that specifically want people to wfh. My step daughter and her fiance do it for some third party insurance company thing. They're basically phone operators, taking and transferring calls, sometimes solving policy issues or questions. The companies even provide computers that they ship to you
View Quote

Them company 'puters spy upon the WFH employees....
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No bong in the office. And, you have to wear shoes instead of bunny slippers.
View Quote

I wouldn’t bet on that in California.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:54:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What a change from the Steve Jobs days.
Employees would hide from him when he was walking around in the campus.He would stop a random employee and ask him or her what they were doing contributing for Apple.
If the reply wasn't satisfactory for Jobs, he would fire them right there.
View Quote

Yea, it is kind of like when the Boss’s doper son takes over the company.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:56:00 PM EDT
[#29]
nvm starting to think my sarcasm meter is broken

Quoted:
What a change from the Steve Jobs days.
Employees would hide from him when he was walking around in the campus.
He would stop a random employee and ask him or her what they were doing contributing for Apple.
If the reply wasn't satisfactory for Jobs, he would fire them right there.
View Quote

Aren't they known for offering lower comp packages than their competitors now? Now much room to do that anymore. Their competitors are giving $500k+ comp packages for remote jobs in the midwest for more senior engineers.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:58:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be the best thing for Apple.  Shooting them would be the best thing for America.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:00:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Its not just at Apple. Many younger workers act like this.
View Quote

Yep.

I also think it changed the way a lot of older workers view it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:00:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I would think global worming might work better as a reason.
View Quote

Ivermectin?
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:16:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yep.

I also think it changed the way a lot of older workers view it.
View Quote
Time to get to work.

got deadlines and shit.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Read what I wrote.  it gives you a purpose.  It is not the purpose.  Work gives you a reason to get up and go.  Quote me correctly.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
“Neuro normative”?!?!?!?!  What the hell does that even mean???
View Quote

It’s a term used by autists to refer to someone who isn’t a member of their club.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#36]
It's as if they are expected to pick cotton for an hour each day.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
We are fucking doomed.
View Quote

Yep. We’re going to end up with a generation of WFH adults with the social skills of home schooled children.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#38]
When they get stuck back in the office tell them they are sitting on a nuke target and have them do daily dive under the desk training. Then announce senior management is teleworking because they are worried about Putins nukes. Then announce Elon invented a gold making machine and is buying apple.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:39:26 PM EDT
[#39]
I especially liked the "muh gender has to do unpaid caregiver stuff" line.

Um, you're literally saying you were doing other stuff while you were getting paid to work for Apple.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:42:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yep. We’re going to end up with a generation of WFH adults with the social skills of home schooled children.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We are fucking doomed.

Uh oh, now you've done it.

I'll just go ahead and say IN before the homeschool crowd comes in to brag about how much they sacrifice to homeschool, and how they're living in a cardboard box under an overpass and still drive a Pinto, but it's ok because their children are all super-geniuses and have the best social skills ever.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Complete BS for me.
I get more work done in much less time since I do not have to:

Get started for the day by looking to see if any of the SpotLight Rangers sent out emails after I left the day before, respond to said SpotLight Rangers.  Talk to co-workers about random BS.  Attend at least one (1) meeting per day that was pointless and more oriented toward said SpotLight Ranger making themselves the center of attention.  Deal with BS from people from other teams trying to avoid doing their own work.  Defend my work from said SpotLight Ranger who thinks that because I have set things up to be more automated and less hands-on that I am not working.

Now I get up, get dressed, get the kids off to school, check email, do the planning, respond to necessary email, plan for the next project, attend one meeting a week.  Spend about four hours paying attention to work each day, sometimes 16 (project completion has requirements).

Unless we are on-site, where I spend 12-16 hours a day working.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Read what I wrote.  it gives you a purpose.  It is not the purpose.  Work gives you a reason to get up and go.  Quote me correctly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jordan Peterson has built quite a following by saying approximately this.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:47:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I especially liked the "muh gender has to do unpaid caregiver stuff" line.

Um, you're literally saying you were doing other stuff while you were getting paid to work for Apple.  

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/boldStrategy-658.jpg
View Quote
That's the least of his worries.

I spent most of Friday afternoon researching car wax.
the person he reports to has already been called into a meeting.
he's not likely to return to the office..
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#45]
I love working from home.  However, working in an office is not racist.  It's an absurd accusation.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:51:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bingo
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:52:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
“Neuro normative”?!?!?!?!  What the hell does that even mean???
View Quote

Understands normal thinking.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:56:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Didn’t apple start telling people they’d cut pay based on the cost of living where they’re remote working from if not coming back to the office? It’s racist to let people work from home when you live in Oakland and work in Mountain View.

Quoted:
Ending WFH is 'RACIST'! Apple staff tell CEO Tim Cook that forcing them back to the office will make tech firm 'younger, whiter and more male-dominated'
'Apple Together,' a group of about 200 Apple employees, wrote an open letter on Friday condemning the company's choice to bring staffers back to its offices
CEO Tim Cook wrote in an email to staffers that they would need to work in the office one day a week, gradually ramping up to three days a week by mid-May
The group said that the shift back to in-person will make the company 'younger, whiter, more male-dominated, more neuro-normative [and] more able-bodied'
They said it will lead to 'privileges' - like location, age, race and gender - 'deciding who can work for Apple, not who'd be the best fit'

'Privileges like “being born in the the right place so you don’t have to relocate”, or “being young enough to start a new life in a new city/country” or “having a stay-at-home spouse who will move with you."'

'And privileges like being born into a gender that society doesn’t expect the majority of care-work from, so it’s easy to disappear into an office all day, without doing your fair share of unpaid work in society. Or being rich enough to pay others to do your care-work for you.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10770827/Apple-staff-claim-forcing-work-person-lead-whiter-male-dominated-workforce.html
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:57:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Its not just at Apple. Many younger workers act like this.
View Quote

Me personally, I think it is retarded to force people to go back to an office after successfully doing a job for 2 years outside the office.  Obviously the job can be done from elsewhere.  Maybe we should go back to only faxing correspondence or using typewriters since progress or change is so difficult for older Gen X.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 10:06:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yep. We're going to end up with a generation of WFH adults with the social skills of home schooled children.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We are fucking doomed.

Yep. We're going to end up with a generation of WFH adults with the social skills of home schooled children.
Most homeschooled kids I know have much more mature social skills than the public school kids.  They can actually deal with adults better than their public school counterparts.

The ones who don't do as well are the ones who left public school because the kids in public school were abusive of the kid who didn't conform, but they have done better than they ever would in public school.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top