Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:33:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw foliage, and some ranger green over woodland around Austin - not sure of what area they came out of though.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

*shrug*

Marine?
View Quote
yep. All my camo is stowed, and the only camo not issued was the stuff I bought when I was a teenager before I signed up. All my boots are issue. going back to highschool ROTC. I basically shoot in civie clothes. /shorts and T shirt because ive done plenty of the bulky shit before
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:34:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Houston PD SWAT arrested a guy in a car chase the other day in plaid shorts

Link
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#4]
My local PD's SWAT team is multicam from head to toe.

As an ex-LEO, I never understood why they needed multicam.  I can understand boots and a BDU cut jacket and pants, but multicam?  Khaki or OD would have worked just as well.

We didn't have a SWAT team, but our tactically trained guys would don a plate carrier over their uniform.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

yep. All my camo is stowed, and the only camo not issued was the stuff I bought when I was a teenager before I signed up. All my boots are issue. going back to highschool ROTC. I basically shoot in civie clothes. /shorts and T shirt because ive done plenty of the bulky shit before
View Quote

Mad respect for service, but IDGAF about your clothes or anyone elses.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:39:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

As an ex-LEO, I never understood why they needed multicam.  I can understand boots and a BDU cut jacket and pants, but multicam?  Khaki or OD would have worked just as well.

We didn't have a SWAT team, but our tactically trained guys would don a plate carrier over their uniform.
View Quote
They had to pick some color. LOL at "needing multicam".

If you had to guess about what the most commonly available pattern for gear/clothing is, what would you guess it to be?
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hut hut hut

Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#8]
OD over Multi-Cam?

Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:47:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Full camo on SWAT teams is gay.

I don't care what your argument to defend the practice is. It's gay.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
I understand that wanting solid colors and POLICE in big letters is something like wanting this back:

I get that times have changed. But i'm old fashioned at 35 I guess.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#11]
SWAT guy I knew showed up in shorts in a situation and was on TV like that.

Had a badass gunbox in the back of a Tahoe.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I understand that wanting solid colors and POLICE in big letters is something like wanting this back:

http://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/wp-content/uploads/satevepost/the_runaway_by_norman_rockwell-400x513.jpg

View Quote
Hey bro, you can like whatever you want to like.

Some dudes like other dudes. I'm not judging. I just don't care.

I'm old fashioned too.

pic: circa 1930, Chicago, Illinois police armed with tommy guns and using a heavily armoured car with bullet proof glass.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:57:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Make fun of me all you want. I really like cops to look more like cops, and less like soldiers. I would rather have solid colors with lots of high vis "POLICE" on display than police looking like soldiers, complete with lo vis patches.
"
View Quote
Blah...
I wore that boring crap decades ago when we still rocked mp5’s, Fritz helmets and our phones didn’t have cameras.
CDI factor = 0

Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:58:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Most swat teams are part time. Most full time teams are in major cities. Most of the major metro teams, especially on the east coast, are not wearing multicam. They are wearing "traditional colors" like black, navy blue, or green. As to what swat officers wear on the daily that varies from dept to dept. again, your full time guys are typically only doing swat duties so their daily wear is their working uniform. I have seen some smaller depts with part time teams who allow their members to wear their working uniform if they had or have a preplanned operation scheduled for that day.

Remember too, swat doesn't really mean anything on the surface. Swat runs the gamut from incredibly well funded, well trained, well managed teams to a couple of yokels who went through an NTOA school (once) with iron on decals on their t shirt and a Galls account. Even at the federal level there is a massive gulf in level of training and capabilities between FBI HRT and FBI SWAT.
View Quote
Some of the Atlanta PD SWAT guys would get upset at DragonCon because fans would come up and tell them what great Stargate costumes they had ;-)  Saw one one year who switched back to blues the next day, didn't look like he'd worn them in years :-)  Most of the others just rolled with it and enjoyed the floor show.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of these civilians needing multicam.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/NIGHT-VISION-HELMET-RIGS-let-s-see-your-pics-/18-226892/?page=69

Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:01:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I blame Call of Duty
View Quote
That, and the constant stream of warfighters over seas all over the media. Po Pos want in on that yo!! We operators now!

Honestly I don't know. Its probably due to the availability and contracts that are offered and the desire for them to be uniform in appearance and for identification purposes during the op. But the real question is why don't those operators have their shemaghs on!!
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:04:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I always wonder why so many SWAT teams choose Multicam. It looks like clown shoes in a urban setting.

Should stick with black or grey colors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You'd think they'd go with Urban grey colors or something.
I always wonder why so many SWAT teams choose Multicam. It looks like clown shoes in a urban setting.

Should stick with black or grey colors.
Because that's what warfighters overseas use and they think its cool. Just like the shemaghs. They are not sitting in the gunners hatch on convoys through dust storms or on the shit roads of Afghanistan. There is no practical reason.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:05:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That, and the constant stream of warfighters over seas all over the media. Po Pos want in on that yo!! We operators now!

Honestly I don't know. Its probably due to the availability and contracts that are offered and the desire for them to be uniform in appearance and for identification purposes during the op. But the real question is why don't those operators have their shemaghs on!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I blame Call of Duty

This guy is ready. He's just missing the head-to-toe multicam.

Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Blah...
I wore that boring crap decades ago when we still rocked mp5’s, Fritz helmets and our phones didn’t have cameras.
CDI factor = 0

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32167/D69437AC-B95B-4E86-AE38-AC2BDF9FC0E8-504335.jpg
View Quote
Jesus dude, when you're so old you have to take pic of your pic to get it online.

Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:12:24 AM EDT
[#21]
If the same SWAT guys people are bitching about were posting pictures of their gear in the Armory subforum, some of you guys would be all over their multicam clad jocks
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Blah...
CDI factor = 0

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32167/D69437AC-B95B-4E86-AE38-AC2BDF9FC0E8-504335.jpg
View Quote
I will be the first to admit that is pretty much exactly what I meant. I was looking for pictures of the movie speed to demonstrate it. Back when helmets were black, MP5s were king, and uniforms were blue

The Shemaghs are straight up retarded though. Thats absurd, for about 50 different reasons and 100 percent "trying too hard" I really don't care if you rocked that shit in the ME as a TEIR 1 Delta operator. This is the US, ass. Not interested in looking like Kandahar here bro, thanks though
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Everything should be ranger green
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Why does 87% of arf dress up like SF?

But mah clothes bro! Amazing.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/V1om9rx46mE/maxresdefault.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Make fun of me all you want. I really like cops to look more like cops, and less like soldiers. I would rather have solid colors with lots of high vis "POLICE" on display than police looking like soldiers, complete with lo vis patches.

Flame suit on. its a small detail, I know. I was talking with a friend about it once and she had an interesting take "well remember that prisoner, prison guard experiment? put cops in soldier uniforms and guess what they act like?"

Isn't that a Tactical Response class?  The epitome of LARPing in place of solid training?  (and I know one of his former assistant instructors whose still good friends with him, he and I disagree strongly on the value of TR's training)
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It really makes me wonder if these folks who are bitching about multicam actual attend any training classes at all with regular civilians because it is all over the place.

So I have feeling most are just computer surfers who don't go outside and play with others.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Flame suit on. its a small detail, I know. I was talking with a friend about it once and she had an interesting take "well remember that prisoner, prison guard experiment? put cops in soldier uniforms and guess what they act like?"

It really makes me wonder if these folks who are bitching about multicam actual attend any training classes at all with regular civilians because it is all over the place.

So I have feeling most are just computer surfers who don't go outside and play with others.
I just don't like the look of multicam period...it stings the eyes

OD/RG looks much better IMO
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:23:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Isn't that a Tactical Response class?  The epitome of LARPing in place of solid training?  (and I know one of his former assistant instructors whose still good friends with him, he and I disagree strongly on the value of TR's training)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes its from this video

Tactical Response - High Risk Civilian Contractor - CQB (Raids and Rescues) 2012
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Jesus dude, when you're so old you have to take pic of your pic to get it online.

View Quote
I know it!
That was real film. We could get that shit developed at the photo hut, next day even. Lol
They keep it up, I’m  Getting the slate drawings out next!
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:23:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Why not just throw a plate carrier over their uniform and grab an AR?

Why the need to get decked all up in multicam pants, boots, and shirt?
View Quote
Because they have small penises.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote
I think they call it "Ranger Green" these days ;-)
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:27:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
This x1000

Why do they need camo at all?  Don't they need to be seen?  For instance, not catching lead accidentally when going for the wrong guy's dog?  I mean I thought you'd want everyone to know you were police...  police are not supposed to be freaking MARSOC.

For the life of me, I can't fathom why they need camo, tanks, grenades, MRAP, or any other .mil equipment.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The Shemaghs are straight up retarded though. Thats absurd, for about 50 different reasons and 100 percent "trying too hard" I really don't care if you rocked that shit in the ME as a TEIR 1 Delta operator. This is the US, ass. Not interested in looking like Kandahar here bro, thanks though
View Quote
The only person I know who even owns a shemagh is a former Marine who spent like 8 years in combat and did a bunch of cool shit. For maximum GD triggering he is now on a SWAT team.

Although I would tease him MERCILESSLY if I ever saw that stupid scarf make an appearance at work
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
TR is a goat rope.

My point is to simply show a bunch of civilians in .mil clothing doing military-ish things. Every one of these classes is filled to brim with dudes dressed like that.

Lots of dudes in this thread are basically only mad because POLICE.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:29:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I think they call it "Ranger Green" these days ;-)
View Quote

I'm behind the times.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This x1000

Why do they need camo at all?  Don't they need to be seen?  For instance, not catching lead accidentally when going for the wrong guy's dog?  I mean I thought you'd want everyone to know you were police...  police are not supposed to be freaking MARSOC.

For the life of me, I can't fathom why they need camo, tanks, grenades, MRAP, or any other .mil equipment.
View Quote
Why do you need it?

90% of the dudes on this site have a closet full of .mil shit. I do and I bet you do too. Fuck man, the AR15 was designed for mil.

The only difference is, these cats are in real gunfights.

EDIT: I like how you classify camo in the same group as tanks and grenades. Lemme get some of that badass camo bro.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This guy is ready. He's just missing the head-to-toe multicam.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c5/f7/53/c5f7537366a717dbb412ef3be1e6dd60.jpg
View Quote
I love the expression on the guy on the top right...
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I love the expression on the guy on the top right...
View Quote
That's the colloquial look of "dude STFU already I wanna get out of this fucking gear".
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:34:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This x1000

View Quote
You are aware that virtually every police uniform going back to the navy blue wool uniforms of yore originated as surplus MILITARY uniforms back when our military dressed like dumbasses to go kill people, right?

Sam Browne belts(Like the one in the Norman Rockwell painting above...) were a military issued item, as well as double action .38 and .32 revolvers.

Literally everything the cops use is, in some form or another, a direct military hand me down or an evolutionary offshoot of a military hand me down.

Golly gee, why would a tactical team who is buying BDUs buy the most commonly used color pattern for BDUs and tactical gear in the country?! I can't think of a logical reason. They should order a special run of navy blue BDUs. At 400% of the cost with no replacement support cause fucking nobody makes that. Fuck it, get it made out of wool while we're at it. With big gold buttons.

PS SWAT teams don't have grenades, and they need armored cars because one of their most common calls is armed barricaded people who are shooting at them and I can't speak for every SWAT guy but most don't like getting shot.

Please return to your regularly scheduled day of buying "paramilitary" items on gunbroker while bitching about other peoples cargo pockets.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:37:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Multicam

Green

Black

Gray
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:37:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:39:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There is a cop at the LHT class today wearing plaid in the shoot house.
View Quote
Damn man, I wish I was there!

Lemme know how that is, I haven't taken it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#44]
RE: MRAPs

I know the common belief is the police department gets ALL OF THE TAX DOLLARS in a big duffel bag then flings them all over the place like they're at a strip club until it's gone then they GO GET MOAR, but they actually do have things called budgets and accounting.

Should they a) Spend $30k on a bread truck then spend another $70k up-armoring it to obtain an armored car, or indefinitely lease a surplus pre-built armored car from the feds for pennies. Which is the more responsible use of local tax money? You tell me.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Damn, y'all are overlooking the best damn urban camo that was ever invented.

Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:45:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:46:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You are aware that virtually every police uniform going back to the navy blue wool uniforms of yore originated as surplus MILITARY uniforms back when our military dressed like dumbasses to go kill people, right?

Sam Browne belts(Like the one in the Norman Rockwell painting above...) were a military issued item, as well as double action .38 and .32 revolvers.

Literally everything the cops use is, in some form or another, a direct military hand me down or an evolutionary offshoot of a military hand me down.

Golly gee, why would a tactical team who is buying BDUs buy the most commonly used color pattern for BDUs and tactical gear in the country?! I can't think of a logical reason. They should order a special run of navy blue BDUs. At 400% of the cost with no replacement support cause fucking nobody makes that. Fuck it, get it made out of wool while we're at it. With big gold buttons.

PS SWAT teams don't have grenades, and they need armored cars because one of their most common calls is armed barricaded people who are shooting at them and I can't speak for every SWAT guy but most don't like getting shot.

Please return to your regularly scheduled day of buying "paramilitary" items on gunbroker while bitching about other peoples cargo pockets.
View Quote
You sound triggered. You aren't around weapons that are too dangerous for common civilians and dressed up like a weapon of war in our streets are you?
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:46:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The only person I know who even owns a shemagh is a former Marine who spent like 8 years in combat and did a bunch of cool shit. For maximum GD triggering he is now on a SWAT team.

Although I would tease him MERCILESSLY if I ever saw that stupid scarf make an appearance at work
View Quote
You can’t eat ice without sweating in this state. For an LBE at 17 till today, I still use a cravat hanging off my gear as a sweat rag.
When I’m not using it, I tuck it inside like this:

But everyone here can see right through that shit and know that it’s still the same item 50 years later, I’m really trying to be these guys

Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:47:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Right?

How pathetic must we really be when we are mad over the goddamn color of our clothes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like the armor section.
Right?

How pathetic must we really be when we are mad over the goddamn color of our clothes.
Or pockets on your clothing.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:49:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

http://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/wp-content/uploads/satevepost/the_runaway_by_norman_rockwell-400x513.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those times only existed in tv shows,  books and imaginations.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top