BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:17:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Godspeed Sky King. Youve taken your place among the stars with Killdozer and Harambe. A free spirit, even in the end.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

There is probably a point to that.   If you've been in that truly dark pit w/ no light and no way you can see out it's probably easier to empathize w/ someone like that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
People revere the dude because he went out in a stylish way without hurting anyone else.  You are right that what he did was wrong and people understand that but he is a relatable character. Some see themselves in him and the challenges he had in life that he could not overcome.

I said this in last year's thread- they see his mental illness in themselves.

There is probably a point to that.   If you've been in that truly dark pit w/ no light and no way you can see out it's probably easier to empathize w/ someone like that.

I don't condone his actions, but I try to understand what demons drove him to take them.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Last time we did one of these threads, a dude tried to call me out as a liar for saying that the jets from Portland were supersonic over my house in eatonville, because jblm was closer. Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will never forget that day. The plane and two jets flew right over top of me. That was the lowest I'd ever seen a commercial aircraft. I'm about a mile from where he did his barrel roll stunt.

Last time we did one of these threads, a dude tried to call me out as a liar for saying that the jets from Portland were supersonic over my house in eatonville, because jblm was closer. Lol

From the War Zone blog...

Here is NORAD's statement on the event:

I have received multiple inquiries on the F-15's potentially going supersonic on their way up to the Seattle-Tacoma area. They can get up there in a handful of minutes and have broken the sound barrier doing so before. It looks like they did it again in this case:

A number of agencies are on the scene of the crash now, with the FBI Seattle office leading the criminal investigation. There is also a temporary flight restriction up around the crash site.
link to full story
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:30:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There is no position lower in American society than a poor white heterosexual male.  His own race will hate him and blame him for being poor (see this thread)...others will hate him for his white privilege...and women will mock him for being male and poor.
View Quote

I'm not sure ARFcom can handle such pure distilled truth. Can you maybe tone it down a bit?

RIP Skyking. RIP Tom Petty. RIP America...

Say His Name: Richard Russell
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Stole millions of dollars worth of someone else’s property, destroyed it, killing himself in the process.

I’m still baffled how that makes someone a “legend”, or “hero”.

Dude was a fucked up piece of crap.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:38:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Stole millions of dollars worth of someone else’s property, destroyed it, killing himself in the process.

View Quote

Do you have a breaking point?
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

In some threads car thieves should be killed, other threads stealing is A ok
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I don’t condone what he did, not in the least. However, if you take from a man to the point that he feels he has nothing left to lose, then there is nothing to make him follow your rules anymore.

I predict many more men will be pushed to that brink, and beyond, as the Leftists succeed in their desire to destroy America.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Didn't it have a Q on it, or in the number designation or something?
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Ha, well all I can say is despite how irritating and clueless they can be, thank God for the percentage of people with the Guardian Temperament, since we couldn’t have a functional society otherwise.

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:49:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s like tipping threads—it all depends on what the first few posts say.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ha, well all I can say is despite how irritating and clueless they can be, thank God for the percentage of people with the Guardian Temperament, since we couldn’t have a functional society otherwise.

View Quote

Thought I would share
https://www.thecareerproject.org/blog/the-guardian-temperament/
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some men don't have a breaking point. They just stay at their post until they retire.

Then they are usually found dead a day, a week at most a couple months later.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don’t condone what he did, not in the least. However, if you take from a man to the point that he feels he has nothing left to lose, then there is nothing to make him follow your rules anymore.

I predict many more men will be pushed to that brink, and beyond, as the Leftists succeed in their desire to destroy America.
View Quote

I see a lot of comments like this.  Who pushed him to the brink?  Who took from him?  What was stopping him from improving his position in life?  We have a poster in this thread to worked a similar job for the same airline and said it sucked.  But he moved on without killing himself in dramatic style.  Why didn’t Sky King, and why is it anyone’s fault except his own?
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If I stole from you would you say I didn’t hurt anyone?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, nobody hurt. Went out on his own terms.

It's all good but we are expecting a barrel roll. You have to be a random non-pilot who executes on the maneuver. Somewhat humorous, sardonic comments are a bonus. Keep the mic on.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does hitting a “breaking point” make a criminal less of a piece of shit?
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Steal a car and you're a piece of shit.

Kill yourself and you're a selfish asshole.

Steal an airplane, destroy it and kill yourself in the process and you're a hero?

I don't get it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:46:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Steal an airplane, destroy it and kill yourself in the process and you're a hero?

I don't get it.
View Quote

Clearly, you are a psychopath with no empathy
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:48:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

He didn't steal from an individual, he stole from a corporation which seems to still be thriving.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He didn't steal from an individual, he stole from a corporation which seems to still be thriving.

Somebody owns that corporation.

ETA-The local Toyota dealer has a Lamborghini. It belongs to the boss but it's registered to the dealership, and the owner drives like a shithead.

If I steal it and drive it down IA county blacktops at 180 mph, hit a deer and die, will I be a hero too?
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:54:58 PM EDT
[#20]
He damn near hit the water on that barrel roll.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Some men don't have a breaking point. They just stay at their post until they retire.

Then they are usually found dead a day, a week at most a couple months later.
View Quote

Can't disagree... but some have breaking points
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Undefeated "drive it like you stole it" champ.  Its gonna be hard to top.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#23]
The whole situation was just sad.

Acting like this guy is some kind of hero for stealing a plane and killing himself is even sadder.

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't get it.

I'll defend a person's right to suicide all day long. Some pain is so bad all the person can see is their pain will finally stop. "He was selfish, permanent solution to temporary problems, etc, blah blah"

Physical or mental, he was hurting. Simple as that.

But theft and suicide are nothing to celebrate.

At least Heemeyer owned the bulldozer he used-and that was a prime exanple of when assholes collide. Either side had plenty of chances to bend, both sides kept pushing until one broke.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

ETA-The local Toyota dealer has a Lamborghini. It belongs to the boss but it's registered to the dealership, and the owner drives like a shithead.

If I steal it and drive it down IA county blacktops at 180 mph, hit a deer and die, will I be a hero too?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you do not know how to drive a car and have never driven one but pull it off and you do a barrel roll and some sardonic humor on the way out. YES! But more anti-hero like Russell.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 1:26:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A breaking point, personality and style points make a criminal more entertaining. So yes, less of a piece of shit. But no less criminal.

A guy I know slit his throat down below in the cabin of his father's boat and let us find him. That was much more of a piece of shit, but less criminal.
If he had stolen the plane and done a barrel roll he would be a legend. And a criminal.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 1:42:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

A breaking point, personality and style points make a criminal more entertaining. So yes, less of a piece of shit. But no less criminal.

A guy I know slit his throat down below in the cabin of his father's boat and let us find him. That was much more of a piece of shit, but less criminal.
If he had stolen the plane and done a barrel roll he would be a legend. And a criminal.
View Quote

Innocent until proved guilty in a court of law.  Sky king never went to trial, so not a criminal.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Innocent until proved guilty in a court of law.  Sky king never went to trial, so not a criminal.  
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 1:51:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 1:52:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

You seem like someone that would still have a library card.

Go to the library and look up the definition of the word "legend".
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 1:56:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Piece of shit it is then. Point well made.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 4:17:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same corporation that killed a plane load of passengers with no repercussions because MuH cOrPoRaTiOn.  

So he stole from a piece of paper and ink.  Don’t care
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know what those words mean - I just try not to romanticize shitbirds.

Library card? Lol. Ok grandpa.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Library card? Lol. Ok grandpa.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#35]
That guy flew right over my house before he crashed. Fortunately there is nothing of value on Ketron, but he could have very easily killed a bunch of people.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 4:50:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That guy flew right over my house before he crashed. Fortunately there is nothing of value on Ketron, but he could have very easily killed a bunch of people.
View Quote

Sounds like he did his best to not hurt others while living out his fantasy. I don't condone his actions but I understand.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Same corporation that killed a plane load of passengers with no repercussions because MuH cOrPoRaTiOn.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All airlines have had crashes with fatalities. It's the risk you take when you fly.

And before Rain Man chimes in, I think even Qantas has had a crash by now.

Theft is theft.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:35:38 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Dayum yo, 5 years went by way too quick
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:08:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Edit...
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
From the various ARF postings,I'd guess about 40% own Lears that they paid cash for...so that many?
View Quote

I wouldn’t be caught dead in a Lear.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:36:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
From the various ARF postings,I'd guess about 40% own Lears that they paid cash for...so that many?
View Quote

Have you been in a Lear? The newer offerings in that size and a step above give you no reason to own one, unless it’s cost. It’s a hair above a citation IMO. A G350 or Challenger 300 is the minimum for actual room with more then a few people for midrange flights.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Was this not in MSM news? I don’t remember this.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 9:16:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Was this not in MSM news? I don’t remember this.
View Quote

It didn’t further the communist agenda.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

All airlines have had crashes with fatalities. It's the risk you take when you fly.

Theft is theft.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Theft is theft.

I guess that’s a risk you take buying stuff.  Getting it stolen.

Don’t excuse negligence
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:52:35 PM EDT
[#46]
It’s a shame he couldn’t get the help he needed.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:06:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yeah. Russell has become a litmus test of sorts...some see him as a thief and loser. Some, a hopeless man who didn't want to hurt a fly, but just experience a bit of joy before he went out on his own terms.

I think in the end, Russell's story should be a mirror that we judge ourselves in...what do we value and why. I think if we are mildly introspective, we give his life some meaning he solely lacked while alive.
View Quote

Well said.

If you see him only as a martyr, or likewise if you see him simply as a thief and a loser, then it’s time for a little soul searching.

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:14:52 PM EDT
[#48]
RIP dude .

Still have my fly it like you stole it shirt , got it off ebay before Alaskan Airlines got the trademarks removed

Always remember this day as it is the same date my good friend got killed by a drunk driver

RIP other dude
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 6:55:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Most people can see that the soul of the nation and the individual has been steadily dying and the void left is being filled by materialism. Sky King is the perfect exemplification of the issue.

People either see him as a rebel throwing the double middle fingers to our soulless society or a thief who dared to attack the money god.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 11:17:58 PM EDT
[#50]
If a man in America can’t understand the hopelessness and lack of a future that he was experiencing…I seriously question their life experience.  

The fact that he resonated with millions of young men should tell the “he was a criminal” crowd to do some soul searching.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top