Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 109
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 7:05:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not going anywhere - Benitez gave CA DOJ what they asked for, not what they wanted.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Read this very carefully:

Read it again.

One more time

The order does NOT apply to the magazines, it applies to the persons or business entities.

In other words, if you exercised your right to be immune from 32310 (a) and (b) between 3/29/2019 and 4/5/2019 you remain immune during this stay. The magazines you ordered are not magically special and themselves immune, YOU ARE. It never says you have to stop ordering at 5PM tomorrow, only that you had to have ordered at least one before then to remain a more equal animal.
I like where you are going with this.
I'm not going anywhere - Benitez gave CA DOJ what they asked for, not what they wanted.
LOLOLOLOL.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 7:11:59 AM EDT
[#2]
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."   Thomas Jefferson
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 7:12:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Judge Roger T. Benitez is my hero.

From the beautiful prose of his original ruling, to the timing of the ruling, to his latest stay (that isn't much of a stay)....

Judge Benitez is a man that knows what he is about, and knows what freedom means and the cost thereof.
View Quote
Wallace! Wallace! Wallace!
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 7:34:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Better yet:  What if we organize and send all of our wrappers to a pro-gun supporter?  No fear of reprisals...and yet, think of the impact made by a guy in an empty swimming pool full of mag wrappers?  "No evidence of mag sales, Becerra?  Not in common use, Becerra?"
View Quote
Just give me an address. I've got a bunch of NIW mags I can shuck in a hurry.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 7:38:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Any Cali dudes still in need for mags can PM me. I can probably still get some shipped tomorrow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m gonna be serious for a minute. This thread and those of you helping out, it’s a big deal and it means a lot to me because I wanted my son to have the opportunity to own some standard mags and give him some motivation to fight for his rights. My daughter is only 9 but my kids mean everything to me. Hurts a little they didn’t get to know the California I grew up in, which wasn’t perfect but was far better than how it is these days. So I extend my my gratitude, appreciation and thanks
Any Cali dudes still in need for mags can PM me. I can probably still get some shipped tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 7:39:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Last mag order for now. A single Glock 33 rounder.

My my wallet is begging for mercy.
View Quote

ETA: beat like a drum.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 7:41:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If anyone needs mags, email me at [email protected] - I'm making a store run tomorrow and picking up mags to mail out at re-reimbursement cost plus shipping.  Let me know what you want and how many you want.  Prices will be full retail as I'm buying from local shops.  I'll need paid/reimbursed by 5 PST for obvious reasons.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 7:45:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wonder if retailers are going to continue selling mags after 5pm. If the buyer bought at least 1 mag this week than they can lawfully keep buying more unless the 9th issues a more prohibitive stay.
View Quote
And since nobody knows who's who, or who had what when......
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 7:47:44 AM EDT
[#9]
What does the stay mean?
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:13:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What does the stay mean?
View Quote
Anyone who purchased at least 1 large-capacity-magazine is immune from 32310. Anyone who did not buy any mags revert to being illegal to buy LCMs.

Technically according to the current stay, if you bought 1 mag in the last week you can buy more past 5pm today.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:18:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just let BCM know I'm pretty jaded about sharing the same state with them...you'd think a company would embrace selling freedom dispensers to oppressed citizens, guess those fat .gov contracts speak louder than freedom.  Site sponsor or not, that's total bullshit on their part.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/320626/1D7CD4BF-EE7F-4B2F-8A6A-65B373AB1AE3_png-901484.JPG
View Quote
You sound genuinely surprised by this. Just like Surefire, BCM isn't going to bite the .gov hand that feeds them. They be gettin' lucrative.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:26:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

tan gen 2 windowed, to be exact.

Not crazy about the hole in my mags though. Have a square of duct tape covering them until I find a better solution.

To anyone that did this with poly mags, check that your follower doesn't get hung up when it hits that hole. Mine did, I had to internally sand the flashing down that was made from when they drilled the holes.
View Quote
I used fast set JB weld - just make sure it does not seep into the inside and form a barrier to the follower. I waited till it began to set and used a skinny wood chisel to cut off the extra on the inside. Looks super clean.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:26:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
He opened up a giant economy sized can of Caetano v. Massachusetts on CA DOJ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That didn't happen in this case, and people scrambled to buy up as many mags as they could before the stay was granted.

Now we see that Judge Benitez has stayed the ruling partly.  He's stopped the flow of mags into the State (or he thinks he has) and has allowed those who bought the mags that made it in to keep them.  But whenever that stay goes into effect, that's the mags they'll be contending with that are at issue.

I'm not sure if this sort of situation is unprecedented (it likely isn't, but I don't have the info in front of me), but its unusual.  My guess is that if the Court of Appeals overturns it, it'll be appealed again to an en banc review.  And then it'll be appealed again.  If ultimately the mag ban is upheld, I still believe a court is going to go back to the original enforcement date of the statute.
Please elaborate/explain the correlation to this case...
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:30:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Fuck grabagun
I ordered with them Saturday and haven't seen or heard shit from them . Requests for an order update have gone unanswered also. Take a look at their BBB complaints and I really regret purchasing with them, apparently they are shady scumbags.
View Quote
Lol, I've bought several guns and lots of ammo (and other items) from them. Never had an issue. There are probably millions of Californians ordering mags right now, there is most likely going to be processing/shipping delays. Calm your tits. Have you never experienced a proper panic before?
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:31:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That didn't happen in this case, and people scrambled to buy up as many mags as they could before the stay was granted.

Now we see that Judge Benitez has stayed the ruling partly.  He's stopped the flow of mags into the State (or he thinks he has) and has allowed those who bought the mags that made it in to keep them.  But whenever that stay goes into effect, that's the mags they'll be contending with that are at issue.

I'm not sure if this sort of situation is unprecedented (it likely isn't, but I don't have the info in front of me), but its unusual.  My guess is that if the Court of Appeals overturns it, it'll be appealed again to an en banc review.  And then it'll be appealed again.  If ultimately the mag ban is upheld, I still believe a court is going to go back to the original enforcement date of the statute.
That's our Nolos case that got stun guns and tasers declared constitutionally protected in an 8-0 scotus ruling.

Mainly because of the common usage argument derived from Scalia's Heller and McDonald rulings. If mags over ten rounds are in common usage (and a government ban making them uncommon doesn't count)...then they are constitutionally protected.

Unfortunately the case against the NY safe act failed because the 2nd circus court took the liberal Mother Jones internet blog as a source of facts, which said ARs and mags were not in common usage. The liberal NY judges ate it up.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:33:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Party's over
View Quote
Not hardly.  Now the game changes: Instead of shipping any mag into CA, we'll ship in any mag that is not explicitly identifiable as being manufactured after 5pm PST, 4/5/19.  We can play that game for years.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:41:16 AM EDT
[#17]
I have 100,000 standard mags if you want to send me money today for them.

It might take me a few years to mail them out though, but I’ll include a receipt dated today.

Wink wink
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:43:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm not sure if anyone is getting my IMs. On the one hand I'm drinking but on the other I saw a red "inbox full can't send msgs till clear inbox" @jd2395 @brass @thewhitehorse @MILSPEC556 @fmj_shooter
View Quote
Negative
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Not to turn this into a deals thread, but we have a ton of traffic here.

Brownells has a shit ton of mags in stock and on sale.

$11-12/ea
Grey and desert tan USGI W/Magpul follower
$10/ea
10 pack of Gen 2 Pmags for $99

I was able to put 1000 of each in my cart.

If I dont see them OOS by 5pm today, I will be disappoint.

Edit: free shipping over $49 with code VB5
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:49:48 AM EDT
[#20]
If anyone still needs mags PM me. I'll get them shipped today with a bill of sale showing you bought them before 1700.
You can pay me next time I see you.
Edit because the smiley face didnt show up the first time.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:52:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That's our Nolos case that got stun guns and tasers declared constitutionally protected in an 8-0 scotus ruling.

Mainly because of the common usage argument derived from Scalia's Heller and McDonald rulings. If mags over ten rounds are in common usage (and a government ban making them uncommon doesn't count)...then they are constitutionally protected.

Unfortunately the case against the NY safe act failed because the 2nd circus court took the liberal Mother Jones internet blog as a source of facts, which said ARs and mags were not in common usage. The liberal NY judges ate it up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A-ha! The reference makes good sense now. Appreciate the info.

Benitez disqualified any/all mother jones data in this one.

Liberals suck...
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:55:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Talk about that Judge, what a fucking Indian Giver.
View Quote
If that's what you are thinking, you really don't appreciate the legal maneuvering he has done for you.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:56:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have 100,000 standard mags if you want to send me money today for them.

It might take me a few years to mail them out though, but I’ll include a receipt dated today.

Wink wink
View Quote
Receipts get thrown away anyways. Think of the trees & save the paper...
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:59:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Last mag order for now. A single Glock 33 rounder.

My my wallet is begging for mercy.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/472753/PSA_daily_deals_meme-821845.jpg
Some of you guys are hell bent on spending more there
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:59:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If that's what you are thinking, you really don't appreciate the legal maneuvering he has done for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Figured that post was sarcasm. I want to believe anyways...
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:02:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Well it lasted longer than i thought it would.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:03:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:07:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
@Drummerguy1584

If you dont find a site, hit me up and I'll get you one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone have a line on a 25 round .308 pmag that's in stock and will ship to CA?
@Drummerguy1584

If you dont find a site, hit me up and I'll get you one.
Grabagun has them.  I...Wow...just borrowed money to buy some.

I...don’t even have an AR10.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I...don't even have an AR10.
View Quote
Buy for what you want, not just what you have.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:12:12 AM EDT
[#30]
From what I gather the way ahead from here is:

1.  9th says the mag restrictions are legal; opening the door to SCOTUS possibly taking it.
2.  9th says the mag restrictions illegal; CA gun owners win bigly

Either way it gets interesting.  We've wanted another SCOTUS gun case and this would be a big one.

Do we know how long it takes 9th to do a case like this?  Months?  Years? (I really don't know)
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:15:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is also why we generally need to know how many mags got shipped to California in a week. 'Common usage" numbers.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

1.  9th says the mag restrictions are legal; opening the door to SCOTUS possibly taking it.

Either way it gets interesting.  We've wanted another SCOTUS gun case and this would be a big one.

Do we know how long it takes 9th to do a case like this?  Months?  Years? (I really don't know)
View Quote
Option 2 is huge. Other circuits have ruled in favor of magazine bans and SCOTUS turned down the cases. If the 9th side's with Benitez/CRPA, there's a circuit split and SCOTUS is much more likely to take the case...if CA appeals. Which they will, because they're arrogant bastards.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:18:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This is also why we generally need to know how many mags got shipped to California in a week. 'Common usage" numbers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brownells passed the Caetano threshold in the first day.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Anyone who purchased at least 1 large-capacity-magazine is immune from 32310. Anyone who did not buy any mags revert to being illegal to buy LCMs.

Technically according to the current stay, if you bought 1 mag in the last week you can buy more past 5pm today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What does the stay mean?

How in the actual F*&^ is that even enforceable?
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#35]
So uh... Mr Trump, about those two remaining openings on the 9th... you wanna go ahead and make some nominations please.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:20:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
CA specializes in passing unenforceable bullshit. They've distilled the practice to an art form. Some say, buried in the penal code, there are statutes that will drive a man mad just by reading them.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:21:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
How’s this work? Payment processed by 5pm pT? Or possession?

PSA is selling cases of Pmags for $960 shipped.
View Quote
5th amendment.

"I bought that on 4/4/19. I do not have a receipt and I do not have the sellers info."

Burden of proof is on the state.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:24:24 AM EDT
[#38]
I may have a few Chinese and Yugo BHO 30rd AK mags I would part with. Could probably accomodate 1 or 2 guys, preferably paid members of the site. PM me if interested.

ETA possible deal pending.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:24:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Legal speak.  It makes no sense to anyone except lawyers. The difference in this case is that for once the legal speak that normally f**** gun owners over in this case f***** over our opponents. Be thankful
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Could someone break down the wording in the stay so a layperson can understand how it comes to this conclusion?
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:28:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So uh... Mr Trump, about those two remaining openings on the 9th... you wanna go ahead and make some nominations please.
View Quote
Unless I’m mistaken, he filled them

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-reshapes-9th-circuit-gop-judges-near-majority
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed.

Some people are still playing checkers while the Judge is playing chess.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:30:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
SCOTUS won't touch it unless 9th rules against CA DOJ.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
5th amendment.

"I bought that before 5pm 4/5/19. I do not have a receipt and I do not have the sellers info, but I do have my lawyers info."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How’s this work? Payment processed by 5pm pT? Or possession?

PSA is selling cases of Pmags for $960 shipped.
5th amendment.

"I bought that before 5pm 4/5/19. I do not have a receipt and I do not have the sellers info, but I do have my lawyers info."

Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:32:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What does the stay mean?

It is intentionally unenforceable.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I...don't even have an AR10.
Yeah.  That was my thought process.  Plus, I think they can be used in the Ruger bolt .308.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:33:50 AM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes
Once Trump's latest picks to the 9th Circuit, including Ken Lee and Dan Collins, are confirmed as expected and remaining vacancies are filled
Getting there, but not done yet!

Also one of his picks Bennett, who I wouldn't call pro gun by any means, doesn't really help us but likely hurts us. But not a lot of pro gun lawyers from Hawaii sadly for Trump to pick from.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Years. They won’t rule on this until after SCOTUS rules on the NY case either.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:40:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Legal speak.  It makes no sense to anyone except lawyers. The difference in this case is that for once the legal speak that normally f**** gun owners over in this case f***** over our opponents. Be thankful
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am thankful and happy that CA is finally getting some freedom. The "" was aimed more at the folks that think they can put a feral bobcat back in the bag. If you smack the liberty bell and freedom rings, you can't unsmack it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:43:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Unfortunately the deep state move here is for SCOTUS to simply not take the case, ever and allow unconstitutional law to stand.

I wish there was a way to force them to do it.
Page / 109
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top