Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 87
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:24:16 AM EDT
[#1]
No more quoting liberalnik.

He was asked to leave. And a lot of people (me included) have him on ignore.

Ed
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:25:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, I'm saying that if a gun is locked in a safe when a gun owner is not home, then a burglar would have a more difficult time stealing that gun, and if the burglar doesn't steal the gun, then there will be one less gun in the hands of criminals. We want that result.

If the parent of the insane guy in Newtown would have kept the rifle locked away from him, dozens of kids would be alive today.

It's just one thing to prevent some shootings, and it doesn't infringe on the Second Amendment.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

First of all, thank you, for not dismissing me out of hand.

I agree: stuff like "fast and furious," definitely, we need to look out for that. We need to defend our rights. However, I think we also can at least try to come up with some solutions. I mean, even little things might help.

Example: What if a state government that has sales taxes excludes taxes for gun safes and lock boxes? It's a tiny step, but maybe a few more people would buy gun safes and lock up their guns, not just in case they have a mentally ill person in the house, but also to make it harder for criminals to steal guns when the owners aren't home.
So it's the gun owners for fault for locking his front door but not putting a gun in a safe?  DO YOU REALIZE YOU HAVE JUST SAID THAT?
No, I'm saying that if a gun is locked in a safe when a gun owner is not home, then a burglar would have a more difficult time stealing that gun, and if the burglar doesn't steal the gun, then there will be one less gun in the hands of criminals. We want that result.

If the parent of the insane guy in Newtown would have kept the rifle locked away from him, dozens of kids would be alive today.

It's just one thing to prevent some shootings, and it doesn't infringe on the Second Amendment.
Uh, Lanza fucking killed his mom and then took her guns. What kind of safe has no keys or a combination that can't be gotten by a determined POS?

Go back to DU.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:28:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The Littlelest ones to have passed one of the Girls did Survive and the boy in the last pic is alive as of now took 4 rounds may have been the kid they were talking about earlier

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/11/06/05/460EB78100000578-5052163-Six_year_old_Brooke_was_shot_and_died_according_to_family-a-102_1509946447810.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/11/06/05/460EB76700000578-5052477-Two_of_her_three_daughters_survived_eight_year_old_Emily_sitting-a-12_1509944594525.jpg
Sisters six-year-old Brooke (left) and eight-year-old Emily Garza (pictured, right, sitting on the right, next to her sister Rihanna) were killed in the shooting according to her family. Nine-year-old Rihanna (sitting next to Emily had her glasses shot off her face but survived

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/11/06/02/460EB78800000578-5052163-Six_year_old_Rylan_Ward_the_stepson_of_feared_dead_mother_of_fou-m-86_1509935524656.jpg
Six-year-old Rylan Ward, (right) the stepson of feared-dead mother-of-four Joann Ward, was shot four times and is in surgery
View Quote

This litterally makes my blood boil.

That fucking piece of shit.. What kind of subhuman cluster of rotting cells can do that
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:29:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Lug1, nobody is blaming the gun owners. We're suggesting a way to prevent thieves from stealing guns. Right now, I'm a hypocrite because if someone broke into my house, there are guns they could steal (and a few they couldn't). I live alone, so I'm not worried about kids or teens getting them, but I probably should have everything locked up to prevent bad guys from possibly arming themselves at my expense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree: stuff like "fast and furious," definitely, we need to look out for that. We need to defend our rights. However, I think we also can at least try to come up with some solutions. I mean, even little things might help.

Example: What if a state government that has sales taxes excludes taxes for gun safes and lock boxes? It's a tiny step, but maybe a few more people would buy gun safes and lock up their guns, not just in case they have a mentally ill person in the house, but also to make it harder for criminals to steal guns when the owners aren't home.
Good idea, Aren't most firearms used in crimes in fact stolen firearms?
Blaming gun owners for the actions of thieves is A SHITTY IDEA!!!  Just so you know for sure.
Lug1, nobody is blaming the gun owners. We're suggesting a way to prevent thieves from stealing guns. Right now, I'm a hypocrite because if someone broke into my house, there are guns they could steal (and a few they couldn't). I live alone, so I'm not worried about kids or teens getting them, but I probably should have everything locked up to prevent bad guys from possibly arming themselves at my expense.
Well damn I hope if you have a car it's also in a safe. A guy in a vehicle killed a bunch of people in New York just a few days ago you know?

GTFO!
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:30:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
@pcsutton

Remember back on Page 11 of this thread, when you were all concerned that various people's comments (mine included) were derailing the thread?  And here you are 50 some pages later.  How did that work out for you?

View Quote
Go ask peacenik.  

You might be all next an shit. 
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:32:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well damn I hope if you have a car it's also in a safe. A guy in a vehicle killed a bunch of people in New York just a few days ago you know?

GTFO!
View Quote
Dude...he's gone on walkabout. 
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:33:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No more quoting liberalnik.

He was asked to leave. And a lot of people (me included) have him on ignore.

Ed
View Quote
Thanks Ed!  BOOM!  Headshot!
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:35:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thank Aimless too. 
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:35:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
What next ? They steal your car and ram into a croud ? Will you feel guilty too ?
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:37:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
#MyPresident

View All Quotes
Quoted:
#MyPresident

”We have a lot of mental health problems in our country, as do other countries. But this isn’t a guns situation,“ [the President] said. ”Fortunately somebody else had a gun that was shooting in the opposite direction.
Nice to have a President who understands that.  

If it's confirmed that the local armed citizen both stopped the immediate threat and ended this sorry bastard's life, that fact needs to be shouted from the rooftops by every means at our disposal.  There are no legislative, legal or medical solutions to the mass shooter problem.  The only effective deterrent is an armed public.  Make it likely that as soon as someone brandishing a weapon is identified as a threat they are probably going to catch one between the eyes, and the attacks will slow to a trickle if not stop entirely.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:38:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What next ? They steal your car and ram into a croud ? Will you feel guilty too ?
View Quote
He's no longer posting in this thread....or anywhere in GD. 

He'll likely be back to make it permanent tomorrow. 
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:39:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@seedlings
@eviljoe

This is the group he joined on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1441961382721180/
TOGETHER WE RISE
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where is the evidence Deadvin is antifa supporter? Anyone have that? It would help with a cousin posting DNC, anti-NRA talking-points...
@seedlings
@eviljoe

This is the group he joined on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1441961382721180/
TOGETHER WE RISE
That group is weapons grade antifa/du/nevertrump. One of their members posted the shooters picture and asked what Trump was going to call him a monster (presumably because he is white).  Dumbass was quickly reminded that the shooter was a member of that group.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:45:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
hmm...should we allow massacres or not, tough decision.
View Quote
Bitch has been there how long?

she had plenty of time to "do something"
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:47:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Occupy demoncrats Facebook page alot of people are calling this guy a Christian white extremist
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:52:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

http://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6bfrcE2n21rziwwco2_500.gif

I'm drunk and diluted. No one agrees with me . And yet I remain.

Soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6bfrcE2n21rziwwco2_500.gif

I'm drunk and diluted. No one agrees with me . And yet I remain.

Soon.
Am I a wizard?

No. Aimless is a loose cannon!

Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:55:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thank Aimless too. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank Aimless too. 
good riddance
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:56:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
hmm...should we allow massacres or not, tough decision.

I personally have decided not to accept massacres in those exact places.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 6:01:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thank Aimless too. 
View Quote
Yes, both. Thank you, gentlemen. Put him out of our misery... for now.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 6:02:41 AM EDT
[#19]
I just got back from a patrol a half hour ago, and after describing the carnage, they ended with "The shooter also died in that incident." Just tacked on as an afterthought, with no mention at all of how he came to be dead.
ETA sorry, I mean to say, on the radio (FOX news)

Link Posted: 11/6/2017 6:23:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Am I a wizard?

https://media.giphy.com/media/2ept7eRuyq98s/giphy.gif
View Quote

Ed
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 6:32:11 AM EDT
[#21]
So have they figured out how he was able to buy his gun with a DV conviction on his record?
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 6:36:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Front page, below the fold, of the Tulsa World, subheading,"Gunman found dead after fleeing scene".
And in the body, it only says "As he left, he was confronted by an armed resident who chased him. A short time later, the suspect was found dead in his vehicle at the county line, Martin said."

That's it.

Tell me that's not slanted AF.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 6:37:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So have they figured out how he was able to buy his gun with a DV conviction on his record?
View Quote
They may have, but haven't shared it with us. It was floated that his wife bought him the rifle at Academy, but as to the truth of that, I do not know.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 6:37:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Speculation - and that's all it is - is that he built it from an 80% lower.  Doesn't matter, though.  Built it, stole it, bought it on the street, whatever... laws aren't an effective deterrent to someone who's already made the jump to planning a mass murder.

_____
ETA:
CNN sez:
In April 2016, Kelley purchased the Ruger AR-556 rifle he used in the shooting from an Academy Sports & Outdoors store in San Antonio, Texas, a law enforcement official said. He indicated he didn't have a disqualifying criminal history when he filled out the background check paperwork at the store, the official said. Kelley listed a Colorado Springs, Colorado, address when he bought the gun.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/05/us/texas-church-shooting/index.html
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 6:41:35 AM EDT
[#25]
We've seen statements from the guy flagged down to drive the truck that chased down the shooter... anybody seen anything from the Good Samaritan himself?  Has he even been publicly identified?
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 6:48:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Am I a wizard?

https://media.giphy.com/media/2ept7eRuyq98s/giphy.gif
View Quote
Actually I paged aimless and norcal

Link Posted: 11/6/2017 6:50:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

GTFO!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blaming gun owners for the actions of thieves is A SHITTY IDEA!!!  Just so you know for sure.

GTFO!
When I go on vacation. I put the keys to my cars in my safe.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 6:56:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Has it been said that he bought the AR at academy, but was bad papered out of the USAF for domestic x2?

So he lied on the 4473?
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 6:56:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Front page, below the fold, of the Tulsa World, subheading,"Gunman found dead after fleeing scene".
And in the body, it only says "As he left, he was confronted by an armed resident who chased him. A short time later, the suspect was found dead in his vehicle at the county line, Martin said."

That's it.

View Quote
Good man with a gun pumping rounds into him as he exited the church. Causing to POS to drop his weapon, possibly from being hit. POS jumped into suv, which gets its back window shot out by GM.

So POS probably bleed out from wounds that GM gave him.  

I think they should have set his suv on fire when it stopped. Just to be sure.

Ed
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 6:57:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

GTFO!
Any updates on this piece of shit?

Nevermind........I see there is this update thread.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 6:58:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Actually I paged aimless and norcal

View Quote
Your a good man that this site needs.

I reported a few people to try and calm things.

Ed
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 6:59:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
We've seen statements from the guy flagged down to drive the truck that chased down the shooter... anybody seen anything from the Good Samaritan himself?  Has he even been publicly identified?
View Quote
I haven't seen any interviews with Stephen Willeford, but I have seen a couple with Johnnie Langendorff. Both of these men are heroes, imho... though I believe it was Willeford that made the shots that finally got Kelley.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:01:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I haven't seen any interviews with Stephen Willeford, but I have seen a couple with Johnnie Langendorff. Both of these men are heroes, imho... though I believe it was Willeford that made the shots that finally got Kelley.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, that's what I heard Langendorff say also.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:02:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Good man with a gun pumping rounds into him as he exited the church. Causing to POS to drop his weapon, possibly from being hit. POS jumped into suv, which gets its back window shot out by GM.

Ed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's it.

Ed
I know what happened. Point is, there is no mention of it *at all* in the article.
"An armed citizen chased him. Later he was found dead."
Nothing about the armed resident shooting him, flagging down a stranger, chasing at 95mph while calling 911, and securing the scene till the police arrived.

The way it's written, the "armed citizen" might have chased him for 20 feet, then he drove off, and a while later someone stumbled across his body by accident. Can't say, it's not in the article.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:02:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks, I hadn't even heard the name Stephen Willeford.  Still catching up on 40 pages of backlog since I logged out yesterday.  

Interesting that a Google search for that name turns up only one hit from major U.S. news sites - and that one's from MSN, believe it or not.  UK sites have a number of references to him.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:04:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Prayers to the members and familys of that church.  I can not imagine have one or both of our boys taken like that. However, I am right there beside them every Sunday,  ready.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:05:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I know what happened. Point is, there is no mention of it *at all* in the article.
Nothing about the armed resident shooting him, flagging down a stranger, chasing at 95mph while calling 911, and securing the scene till the police arrived.

The way it's written, the "armed citizen" might have chased him for 20 feet, then he drove off, and a while later someone stumbled across his body by accident. Can't say, it's not in the article.
View Quote
The truth is out in the wild though. As I'd posted a few times before, the leftest UK DailyMail is even giving credit where credit is due to Willeford and Langendorff.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:05:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:06:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Thank you for not picking a fight!

How about that tax-free idea on gun safes and lock boxes?
View Quote
How are the mods not banning peacnik?

He obviously has an agenda that is at odds with this site and he's forcefully derailing a thread about a mass shooting.

I've never even heard of him before and he pops up on there to spout BS
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:06:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Well shit, Hell's about to freeze-over.

MS-LSD just gave the citizens that chased/stopped the perp a Atta-Boy.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:09:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Thanks, I hadn't even heard the name Stephen Willeford.  Still catching up on 40 pages of backlog since I logged out yesterday.  
View Quote
This thread is, admittedly, a shit show.
Member Gunwritr/David Fortier did a good summary write up and started a clean, new thread to share the details as we know them.
It can be found here:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Texas-Church-Shooting-concise-report-of-what-happened-as-we-know-now-multiple-updates-in-OP/5-2048865/?page=1
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:14:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I removed peacenick from gd but pretty   much all these threads are useless after a few pages now with all the same conspiracy nonsense. I don’t bother with them after the initial incident is over anymore 
View Quote
That unfortunately seems to be the case with all the high profile shooting incident threads.

They devolve into a 50 to 100 page echo chamber, usually by D plus One.

I think the most annoying thing about this one (aside from peacenik) was the guy who kept posting the same rehashed "update" every five minutes.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:15:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Well shit, Hell's about to freeze-over.

MS-LSD just gave the citizens that chased/stopped the perp a Atta-Boy.
View Quote
Well o-KAY then. That's...MS-LSD? Eww...well, hell, good job, anyway
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:18:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Uh, Lanza fucking killed his mom and then took her guns. What kind of safe has no keys or a combination that can't be gotten by a determined POS?

Go back to DU.
View Quote
 She had purchased those guns for him,they were not locked away from him.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:19:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
You smell like DU.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:24:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Did he shoot him as he fled or did he shoot a guy that was killing people then cam walking towards him with a gun and decicided to defend himself then follow a wounded man until the truck crashed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No. It's a ride to prison unless the suspect was fleeing the commission of a felony and a reasonable person believed suspect was likely to cause death or SBI to another person.  In this case legal, in cases of property crimes you'll go to the pen using deadly force when suspect is merely fleeing but posing no imminent threat.
Did he shoot him as he fled or did he shoot a guy that was killing people then cam walking towards him with a gun and decicided to defend himself then follow a wounded man until the truck crashed?
Daily Mail made it sound like he had a hostage, any truth in it?

Did he kill his kids and ex? The Facebook page said ex was out of town with her mom.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:27:16 AM EDT
[#47]
An interesting angle to the whole issue of concealed carry in churches....

I read an article last night that said he started shooting from outside the church.  If reported correctly, he did a couple of magazines from the outside in and then he went in to continue shooting.

If true, no CCW would have had an impact.  That is kind of scary because our Church is very similar in style and I sit just inside the front doors doing the sound board and video monitors.  If attacked similarly, there might not be much in the way of protection for me.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:28:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's it.

Ed

Sorry.

The way things were moving, I thought you were trying to catch up.

The press is worthless. They could make it sound like Lincoln died from falling out of his chair, if they were covering him back then.

Ed
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:31:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Daily Mail made it sound like he had a hostage, any truth in it?

Did he kill his kids and ex? The Facebook page said ex was out of town with her mom.
View Quote
Yes, they did elude to a hostage, but I haven't seen any corroboration of that at the other outlets, but I haven't done an exhaustive search either.
Not sure if he did manage to kill his ex and kids. I don't think they've reported it yet. There were said to be earlier reports that he killed them prior to getting to the church, but not sure if that is unfounded or not. Haven't seen it mentioned anyplace I've read.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:33:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
An interesting angle to the whole issue of concealed carry in churches....

I read an article last night that said he started shooting from outside the church.  If reported correctly, he did a couple of magazines from the outside in and then he went in to continue shooting.

If true, no CCW would have had an impact.  That is kind of scary because our Church is very similar in style and I sit just inside the front doors doing the sound board and video monitors.  If attacked similarly, there might not be much in the way of protection for me.
View Quote
That's how I see it too. It's like we have to have a team outside monitoring... way before a shooter can get to the actual group of people.
Page / 87
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top