User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 320
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:28:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Video:

Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:29:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope it's apparent that anything touched by Mayorkas & Cheatle is tainted . Adding to that , any hometown team LE knowing a high value tactical area is covered by SS/not covered,  should secure it regardless ...

A person died here ( I don't give 2 shits about the perp) , it wasn't a senseless,  unforseen mishap .
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:29:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

I have 3 metal buildings, if a bird lands on the roof I can hear it. It's hard for me to believe if there were police inside that same building they didn't hear Crooks crawling around up there and check it out. They must have been in the adjacent building.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:
Originally Posted By RarestRX:

So all these cops are in this metal building, they hear this guy crawling around on the roof and what...?

Drink more coffee?

I have 3 metal buildings, if a bird lands on the roof I can hear it. It's hard for me to believe if there were police inside that same building they didn't hear Crooks crawling around up there and check it out. They must have been in the adjacent building.

Are yours insulated and finished?
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Rustler:

It appears the cops had a ladder setup already.  "Hidden" back behind the trees.  That's likely how he got on the roof.  If not, there are a couple other things he could have climbed on that would be easy for as scrawny guy to use to get on the roof.  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By APPARITION:
The part I'm struggling with is that he was smart enough to get a ladder, a potential explosive etc but he shows up dressed like a rally attendee and doesn't believe he should pop something a little more tacticool on to be a bit less obvious than some random person crawling on a roof with a gun?

That's why I'm leaning to this all being pure random dumbshittery on all sides.

And maybe it works, a sniper figures it's someone trying to get a better view of Trump before they realize he's armed because there's no possible way anyone should be able to get a gun there.

It appears the cops had a ladder setup already.  "Hidden" back behind the trees.  That's likely how he got on the roof.  If not, there are a couple other things he could have climbed on that would be easy for as scrawny guy to use to get on the roof.  

Even if he didn't use it they claim he bought a ladder at home depot in the prior 48 hours.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#5]
The part I'm struggling with is that he was smart enough to get a ladder, a potential explosive etc but he shows up dressed like a rally attendee and doesn't believe he should pop something a little more tacticool on to be a bit less obvious than some random person crawling on a roof with a gun?

And maybe it works, a sniper figures it's someone trying to get a better view of Trump before they realize he's armed because there's no possible way anyone should be able to get a gun there.
View Quote

Reports now are saying the ladder was placed by local LEO, and then left there when they all went back inside.

I don't think this kid showed up to shoot Trump from a distance. I believe he showed up to do a mass shooting at the rally. He was first spotted acting suspicious outside the medal detectors, and then left. He again raised suspicion walking around this building. I think he found the ladder, climbed up to shoot into the crowd, and just happened to see a clear line to Trump.

I don't believe a person that knows about guns would show up to assassinate a President with a red dot sight. He could have traded that AR for any large caliber hunting rifle with a cheap scope.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ssimo:

Why do you say he was not a terrible shot? Every decent (not good) shooter should be able to hit a head at 130 m from prone with several shots from a low recoiling rifle.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SturmgeschutzIII:

Why do you say he was not a terrible shot? Every decent (not good) shooter should be able to hit a head at 130 m from prone with several shots from a low recoiling rifle.

Cop interrupted him in the middle of his setup.  Allegedly.  Crooks (the shooter), had to turn, aim the rifle at the cop to get him to drop off the roof, then pivot and take the shots.  So a rushed prone or improvised position with a likely unmagnifed optic, and rifle and ammo of unknown quality.  It's understandable.  Completely unacceptable for the USSS to have allowed, but understandable.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:34:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: APPARITION] [#7]
Originally Posted By Mr_Nasty99:

Reports now are saying the ladder was placed by local LEO, and then left there when they all went back inside.

I don't think this kid showed up to shoot Trump from a distance. I believe he showed up to do a mass shooting at the rally. He was first spotted acting suspicious outside the medal detectors, and then left. He again raised suspicion walking around this building. I think he found the ladder, climbed up to shoot into the crowd, and just happened to see a clear line to Trump.

I don't believe a person that knows about guns would show up to assassinate a President with a red dot sight. He could have traded that AR for any large caliber hunting rifle with a cheap scope.
View All Quotes

Here's where they say he bought a ladder, even if he didn't use it he was preparing.

A shooting range, a gun store, and a ladder purchase: Tracking the Trump rally gunman’s movements leading up to his attack

On Friday, he went to a shooting range where he was a member, and practiced firing, a law enforcement official told CNN. The next morning, Crooks went to a Home Depot, where he bought a five-foot ladder, and a gun store, where he purchased 50 rounds of ammunition, the official said.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/15/us/thomas-crooks-trump-rally-shooting-invs/index.html
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:34:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigger_Hammer] [#8]

Even if he didn't use it they claim he bought a ladder at home depot in the prior 48 hours.
View All Quotes

Will we now need a 7 business day "waiting period & background check" before we can purchase a ladder "Sniper Elevation Access Device" at Home Depot next?

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:35:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gtdhw] [#9]
Who took this picture?  It's confused me since I first saw it.  Where did it come from? It looks like whoever took it was taking it from above so does that mean they were on the roof at some point before he got up there? He's wearing the same shirt so likely taken the same day.  Why was it leaked so fast?

Was this kid a patsy?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/167167/IMG_0294_jpeg-3268277.JPG
View Quote

Pages 204-206. This was discussed right after it was released that SS took a picture of him from inside the building very early on
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:35:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Here's where they say he bought a ladder, even if he didn't use it he was preparing.

A shooting range, a gun store, and a ladder purchase: Tracking the Trump rally gunman’s movements leading up to his attack

On Friday, he went to a shooting range where he was a member, and practiced firing, a law enforcement official told CNN. The next morning, Crooks went to a Home Depot, where he bought a five-foot ladder, and a gun store, where he purchased 50 rounds of ammunition, the official said.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/15/us/thomas-crooks-trump-rally-shooting-invs/index.html
View All Quotes

That is interesting. I hadn't seen that.

Imagine the kids surprise when he saw that someone had already set a ladder up for him.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:36:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Morlawn66] [#11]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

False flag inbound.

View Quote

Yeah , plausible scenario in the making , expand on a random opportunity that presented itself .
                                     OR

Maybe a random online "friend" saying silence Trump by BAMN who has coincidently disappeared ?
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

Interesting possibility.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:39:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Alacran:

I believe the Left also has contingency plans in case Trump does come out ahead in the election.  He wasn’t supposed to win in 2016, either. They will not risk that.

This time around, it’ll be a hell of a lot more that just a bunch of accusations of colluding with foreign influences on the election.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alacran:
Originally Posted By doc540:
They are hell bent on keeping Trump from being reelected.   All bets are off and have been since November 2020.  Few people seem to grasp that fact.

I believe the Left also has contingency plans in case Trump does come out ahead in the election.  He wasn’t supposed to win in 2016, either. They will not risk that.

This time around, it’ll be a hell of a lot more that just a bunch of accusations of colluding with foreign influences on the election.

Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:39:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:39:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Imagine the kids surprise when he saw that someone had already set a ladder up for him.
View All Quotes

Poor communication once again . They could have just saved him the purchase .
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

Video:

View Quote

'Unity'. Dialing down the rhetoric.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:41:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Bigger_Hammer:

Will we now need a 7 business day "waiting period & background check" before we can purchase a ladder "Sniper Elevation Access Device" at Home Depot next?

Bigger_Hammer
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bigger_Hammer:

Bigger_Hammer

What are we going to do about the Ladder Show Loophole?
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:41:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigger_Hammer] [#18]
Originally Posted By LittleBigHorn:
The response by the director is even more baffling than I originally thought.

What the fuck.  None of what she said makes logical sense, which means she is either clueless on the matter, poorly briefed, a complete fucking moron, or there is more to this.

I’m pretty much at the mix of all 3, with an obviously incompetent team.

Originally Posted By WUPHF:
Normally, I think Congressional grilling sessions are fairly pointless circle jerks, but she is going to have a rough go of it when these hearings start.
View Quote

I think the Secret Service Director will find it less of a "Circle Jerk" and more of a Bukkake party when she get gets in front of a Congressional Committee on this fuck up.  

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

I'd buy that except:  where are his additional magazines?  He buys 50 rounds but can't afford a "tactical" vest with mag pouches or a few 30 rd mags?
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Since the shooter bought a 50 round box does that mean he’s shooting Aguila?
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:43:18 AM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Thank God he didn't know about PSA...
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By RSG:

...Orr spoke with “The Jason Rantz Show” on KTTH over the phone for 20 minutes on Sunday afternoon. He said he questioned the official story of a failed assassination attempt because through “my life growing up, I’ve watched World Wrestling.”

“Half the world thinks that they’re really wrestlers and, sure, they’re athletic and all that. But they get paid money for cutting themselves on the forehead or the ear or the top of the head. Areas that bleed a lot and with very little damage,” Orr said.

Orr wasn’t just relying on his childhood watching fake wrestling that had him asking questions.

“They’re acting like it’s a bad thing that I even would think such a thing,” Orr explained. “I only thought that because of the history of Trump lying and grandstanding and not being very honest.”

Orr also said when he saw the video of Trump grabbing his ear after being shot, it didn’t look genuine.

“The whole way he did it, just made it seem like it wasn’t exactly real,” Orr explained.

The mayor doesn’t question the fact that a gun was fired. But he said, “I don’t think that it was actually fired at him (Trump).”
View Quote

Leftists are fucking delusional.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By chupacabras:

Interesting possibility.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By chupacabras:

Interesting possibility.

Very interesting indeed. To the point I think you may be right.

If he was a member of a gun club and shot there he would know a red dot is not going to cut it at 150yrds.

Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:44:02 AM EDT
[#24]
SS agents tackled Trump so hard his shoes came off.

More

A ladder Concealed by dense shrubbery to the roof of the AGR building where Crooks shot Donald Trump
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Reasonable take on the succession of events.

Regarding red dot sights, they are just as effective as scopes at distance in video games like Call of Duty- likely a 20 yr old man's gun education.

Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#26]

So does that include this?

Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By drfroglegs:

That's insane.

I find this site to have the fastest response time than any news organization or social media outlet.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By drfroglegs:
Originally Posted By SkyFive:
20k short of 1,000,000 views!! on a 2.5 day thread. This has to be a Arfcom record.

That's insane.

I find this site to have the fastest response time than any news organization or social media outlet.
Fast response ...riiight. 99% of those responses being utter bullshit, conspiracy theories, meal team six Rambo Monday morning quarterbacking, and the incessant repetition of previously debunked 'info'.

m
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:47:52 AM EDT
[#28]
We're pretty focused on this shiny thing, the assassination attempt.

So we're not focused on the real story, which I guess to be the move to dump Biden in the coming days. With the media distracted by the GOP and this, I suspect the players are making the move to install their preferred candidate.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

Why wouldn't she say that?

It's the perfect opportunity to throw local LE under the bus and get the heat off her organization.

Right now, everyone is angry at SS, but if it turns out that local LE didn't want to be on the roof because it was hot, then this failure is on them, not her.

... unless she allowed them to talk her into approving the choice to NOT be on the roof.  Then she is an idiot, and should be (at the very least) fired.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mindfull:
Originally Posted By HRJ:

But they put snipers on two other sloped roofs.

Because its bullshit, it wasn't because the roof was sloped. Its because they were hot. But there's no way she's going to say that.

It's the perfect opportunity to throw local LE under the bus and get the heat off her organization.

Right now, everyone is angry at SS, but if it turns out that local LE didn't want to be on the roof because it was hot, then this failure is on them, not her.

... unless she allowed them to talk her into approving the choice to NOT be on the roof.  Then she is an idiot, and should be (at the very least) fired.

My WAG is that SS ordered the local LEO to stand down/do nothing because they were confident that they had the roof covered. I think this kid just happened to get up into the one blind spot from that tree.

It would explain why she's not throwing the locals under the bus.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

And possibly counted on escaping in the resulting panic.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By atavistic:

So we're not focused on the real story, which I guess to be the move to dump Biden in the coming days. With the media distracted by the GOP and this, I suspect the players are making the move to install their preferred candidate.
View Quote

I don't think anybody would be willing to jump in against Trump now.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:51:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ibn_Huq] [#32]
Originally Posted By LedZeppelin:

I think so.  How many of these things happen where they quietly wrap the dude up and nobody ever hears about it?  Probably more often than you think.

Right now there's a USMC infantry company in the field with a firewatch posted and I guarantee you can walk away with a pile of gear a surprising percentage of the time because they're complacent and fucking off...  I get it this is a much higher priority.. but it's 2024 and it's hot outside...
View Quote

Bet those flatfoots wouldn’t have left their post standing watch in the heat at a Stealers game
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:52:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bophades] [#33]
Originally Posted By Kihn:

She is going to be downright offended at the implication that her 'incompetence' had anything to do with it. And resent the sexism that goes along with that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ranging-by-zipcode:
Cheatle told ABC News her first reaction to the shooting was "shock."

The director acknowledged the incident never should have happened and confirmed that the shooter, Thomas Matthew Crooks, had been identified as a person of interest. But by the time Crooks was located, it was too late to stop his bullets.

"The shooter was actually identified as a potential person of suspicion," she said. "Unfortunately, with the rapid succession of how things unfolded, by the time that individual was eventually located, they were on the rooftop and were able to fire off at the former president."

Cheatle told ABC News her first reaction to the shooting was "shock."

She also said the Secret Service was aware of the security vulnerabilities presented by the building Crooks took a sniper's position on to aim at Trump. However, a decision was made not to place any personnel on the roof.

"That building in particular has a sloped roof at its highest point. And so, you know, there's a safety factor that would be considered there that we wouldn't want to put somebody up on a sloped roof. And so, you know, the decision was made to secure the building, from inside."

Fox News' Tamara Gitt contributed to this update

She is going to be downright offended at the implication that her 'incompetence' had anything to do with it. And resent the sexism that goes along with that.

wtf
OMG YALL A SLOPED ROOF JUST SEND EVERYONE HOME SHUT IT ALL DOWN SHUT IT DOWN NOW

She needs to be fired for that comment alone.  hell the FN person should be fired for not grilling her on that comment alone
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:52:30 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
Except he didn't bring the ladder.
It was used by the police to access his body after he was shot.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:52:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#35]

View All Quotes

The only wrinkle there, is he doesn’t appear to have brought enough ammo or equipment to commit a mass shooting.

Guess there may have been other stuff in his bag or vehicle that hasn’t been released yet.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:54:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Wineraner:

I'd buy that except:  where are his additional magazines?  He buys 50 rounds but can't afford a "tactical" vest with mag pouches or a few 30 rd mags?
View All Quotes

That's true. I've been thinking it was a planned "mass shooting" since Sunday. I just found out about the ladder purchase, and only purchasing 50 rounds (probably a single box.)

Maybe the distance was so close, and he was arrogant enough to think it would be a simple shot. He would have pulled it off if Trump didn't tilt his head at that exact moment.

I wonder if they found the ladder in his vehicle.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:54:39 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

None of the younger replacements are going to destroy their future careers by taking on Trump at this point
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:54:47 AM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Ladder purchase at Home Depot confirmed here. Not sure why they aren't confirming whether or not he used it. Surely they know my now. Also, he was carrying a transmitter on his person linked back to the IED in his Hyundai Sonata. Was that Plan B? Or part of a getaway plan?
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:54:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By writerdeluxe2006:
Since the shooter bought a 50 round box does that mean he’s shooting Aguila?
View Quote

Already covered, there’s at least ten different manufacturers selling 50rd boxes of 5.56/.223.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:54:55 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mindfull:
Originally Posted By HRJ:

But they put snipers on two other sloped roofs.

Because its bullshit, it wasn't because the roof was sloped. Its because they were hot. But there's no way she's going to say that.

I believe the SS was responsible for over-all security and the locals were back-up. IMO, the locals shirked their end of it and the SS did not verify if all of the assumed assets were in place.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#41]

yeah, that might be a 1.5'- 2.0': 12' pitch. Downright scary. Would explain why Crooks did not stand up on it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WoodHeat:

There were CS teams on roofs at that event with steeper slopes at that event. What a ridiculous thing to say.

yeah, that might be a 1.5'- 2.0': 12' pitch. Downright scary. Would explain why Crooks did not stand up on it.

2:12 is scary bro.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:58:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cypher214] [#42]
Originally Posted By realwar:
SS agents tackled Trump so hard his shoes came off.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/07/16/02/87380427-0-image-a-5_1721093305367.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/07/16/01/87378233-13637723-image-a-1_1721089199598.jpg

More

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/07/16/12/87395399-13637723-image-a-2_1721129609047.jpg

A ladder Concealed by dense shrubbery to the roof of the AGR building where Crooks shot Donald Trump
View Quote

I suspect his shoes were off because they were checking for additional wounds.  After the USSS nearly let Reagan die because they didn't initially see his wound, I imagine protocol is now to thoroughly check their principal for holes.

Those are laced-up dress shoes.  They aren't going to fall off from someone jumping on you and Trump was already kneeled down when SS reached him.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:58:18 AM EDT
[#43]
I double dog dare any of you to stand up, point to something, and yell, "HE'S ON THE ROOF WITH A GUN!!" for 114 seconds, then tell me security "just made a series of mistakes".   Of course you won't do it and damned sure won't for 114 seconds.  Bunch'a key pecking hoopleheads.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

This.

As Alacran said, I think plans are being made behind the scene to interfere with a Trump presidency now.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:58:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RSG] [#45]

Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:58:40 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Previous article stated he did have some kind of chest rig or vest apparatus with 3 spare 30rd mags. It was left in his car with the explosive device.

https://www.wsj.com/us-news/mystery-around-trump-shooter-deepens-9d51f9ae
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:58:49 AM EDT
[#47]

The only wrinkle there, is he doesn’t appear to have brought enough ammo or equipment to commit a mass shooting.

Guess there may have been other stuff in his bag that hasn’t been released yet.
View All Quotes

Guess there may have been other stuff in his bag that hasn’t been released yet.

If his plan was to get into the rally, it would explain why he wasn't kitted out with everything he could carry. He could have had the rifle broken down in a backpack, and got spooked when he saw the metal detectors.

But I just learned that he had purchased a ladder the day before (after I made that post.) That definitely changes the theory.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#48]
The sniper teams were on steeper pitched roofs, and the roof didn’t get steeper at the peak.  Cheadle is a moron.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 11:00:11 AM EDT
[#49]

Guess there may have been other stuff in his bag or vehicle that hasn’t been released yet.
View Quote

Yeah he may have brought additional rounds in his bag that were already at his house.  The 50 round box could have been extra but who knows at this point it’s speculation.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Welcome to the thread on page 200+.
Page / 320
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top