Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 8:48:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I have ~4,000 miles on a 2017 86 6 speed. It's a great car.
I drove a Miata for 4 years previously and will likely get another.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 8:54:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
2006-2011 BMW 335i with M-Sport suspension, either coupe or sedan.  My 2007 335i sedan was the best car I've ever owned.  Like a go-kart with a rocket engine.  Fun, fast, reliable with a twin-turbo 3L straight-six engine and a 6-speed manual that was to die for.  The generation after that went to electric-assisted steering and lost the famous BMW steering feel.

not mine but identical:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/e90garageimg/8390/Basher%20335i%20Front%20View.jpg
View Quote
I absolutely love my 2011.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have ~4,000 miles on a 2017 86 6 speed. It's a great car.
I drove a Miata for 4 years previously and will likely get another.
View Quote
So you see yourself going back to the Miata?
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 9:53:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Used:
BMW 335i
BMW 135i
13+ Ford Mustang
14+ Chev Camaro
Porsche Boxster/Cayman
Audi TTS
Chev Vette
Honda S2000
Nissan 370Z

New:
Miata
WRX

You said no GTI, but with the LSD the newer ones have, they kick ass, I drove one for 2 years. With less than $2k in performance enhancements I could dust Charger R/Ts no problem, V6 Camaros, etc., and I smoked a couple S2000s on some twisty roads.

Now I have an S4, and it's a heavier car but with the Sport Diff and Audi drive select, it is fucking sweet. A lot more $ to upgrade but right now I've got a Stage 2 tune and some pulley upgrades that give it ~460hp/430tq. My wife legit cried when I used the launch control
You can get a pretty nice 2013 for $25k

People keep mentioning BRZ/FRS but they are so under powered, I wouldn't even bother. The only reason you can get the rear tires to slide is because they are so skinny (which they did intentionally).
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 9:57:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I never said anything about fast. I said best drivers car, I have a fast car, and it's a good fun car. But no where near stock. If I wanted to use it in any type of event in the future I'd be in some crazy class more than likely.
View Quote
People confuse drivers car with being fast. Anyone can drive a car fast in a straight line.  Put curves in the mix and the Miata and FRS/BRZ in a decent drivers hands will be a much more fun experience.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't think anyone has mentioned the 2015+ Subaru WRX (non-STI) yet.  Brand new they are about $27k, but you can get one that's a year or two old for just under $25k.

This gen of WRX have single twin-scroll turbocharged 2.0L engines that make loads of useable horsepower at lower RPMs.  The turbo will peak at around 22 psi and can hold a constant 16 psi of boost.  It comes on fast too since it is a twin scroll, there is just about no turbo lag at all.  Mine can get full boost as low as 2500 RPM.  When you are just cruising, the turbo just holds close to 0 psi, and I have been averaging 34-36 mpg on the highway.  Brakes and handling are great, and the AWD is wonderful on snow and dirt/gravel roads.  The turbo doesn't require any extra maintenance, and I wouldn't turn away from any modern turbo engine, they are pretty reliable.  Also, Subaru did away with the timing belt and went with a timing chain on the FA20 engine in this car, so that maintenance item has been removed (thankfully).

I would call it a driver's car.  There are no frills, no stupid selectable driving modes, no lane assist autopilot type stuff, and the car feels very mechanical when driving it, especially with the 6 speed transmission.  Shifting without the clutch is easy with this transmission.  It's at least worth mentioning in this thread.

Also the back seat is very roomy.  You can easily put a car seat back there and take the whole family out for the day.  It seats 5 fairly comfortably.  I can have people sit behind me and I don't even need to scoot up the seat.

Don't let the EPA estimated MPG fool you, they claim it's only 27 mpg highway, and the car really gets mid 30s on the highway.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks for letting me know that. Well if they're all going to have drive by wire then, that's a wash I guess. I'll have to locate and drive each I suppose, I got some time before I'm ready to buy, going to be picky and make sure it's what I want...
View Quote
06-09 ap2 s2000s are dbw. 04-05 ap2 s2000s and 00-03 ap1s have throttle cables.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 10:11:22 AM EDT
[#8]
You can get a base brand new 2018 WRX for that
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 10:16:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I love the MR2's but they have suffered a similar fate to that of the DSM's. They became to affordable and dumb ass's teenagers ruined most of the good examples.
View Quote
That's the God-honest truth for both of them. There are nice ones still around (mine's not, technically, since it's a rebuilt title because of a small fender bender) but you have to be patient and deal with a lot of scumbags/idiots to find them.

It's the only car group I've been involved in that bemoans the fact that their vehicles are going up in value!
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 10:17:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Going to share this YouTube channel.

Probably the best no bullshit, technical car reviews I have ever seen.

They put all of the cars on a lift (to show "how the sausage is actually made") and scales (to show weight distribution).

It's interesting to see what is cheap trash and what is actually purpose built (and germane to this thread when defining a "drivers car").

https://www.youtube.com/user/savagegeese/videos
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 10:17:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
2006-2011 BMW 335i with M-Sport suspension, either coupe or sedan.  My 2007 335i sedan was the best car I've ever owned.  Like a go-kart with a rocket engine.  Fun, fast, reliable with a twin-turbo 3L straight-six engine and a 6-speed manual that was to die for.  The generation after that went to electric-assisted steering and lost the famous BMW steering feel.

not mine but identical:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/e90garageimg/8390/Basher%20335i%20Front%20View.jpg
View Quote
A member here has one and tuned making nasty HP and under some aftermarket warranty that he said covered it despite the mods. Is that you? I can't track down the thread and I want to know the warranty company.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So you see yourself going back to the Miata?
View Quote
Absolutely.  Lighter, better shifter, predictable torque curve, and some good 'ol body roll.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No! Fuck FWD!
View Quote
Hater!
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#14]
It probably doesn't meet your price range or Cool factor but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Mini Coopers are a lot of fun to drive. The only car I ever missed when traded off.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 10:47:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No! Fuck FWD!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
VW GTI.
No! Fuck FWD!
2012-2013 VW Golf R.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 11:02:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Cayman S

Or

911(996)

I think these represent good values for what you are looking for. I still think buying the cheapest air cooled model you can find will be more of an adventure.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#17]
A few years back I was in a similar situation looking at the 86 twins. Use case was very similar, something that was a fun daily. I really wanted to like the 86 as it felt like Toyota was starting to return to it's fun cars of the 90s and went to look at one. I've since taken two test drives of the car, one was a longer term weekend visiting some of the most curvy roads of Wisconsin and I've felt like it didn't really meet my expectations either time. I've even taken one for a run at an ice autocross event, which was fun, but unsurprisingly didn't set any records there.

It's slow. Yes, driver cars don't need to be "fast" but around town it felt slower than the Camry I drove to the dealer in, and that's a huge problem for a daily. The power curve went something like nothing -> going slower somehow -> ok I guess we can go somewhere. If you keep it up in the RPMs it's not too bad, but for driving around town it's not something you want to be doing without simultaneously killing your gas mileage and looking like a speeding asshole to everyone around you. It did handle the curvy roads just fine, but at the same time it didn't feel any better than my old Focus ST. Maybe if I was pushing it harder than I should on deer ridden roads I would have noticed more of a difference, and maybe if I were on a track I would feel at home, but the majority of the time the car would have been used as a daily and it just wasn't doing anything for me.

That all being said, I am looking to pick up a cheap used one in the next few years and throw a little boost at it. I like the looks of it, it definitely handled itself, and I think adding a bit more power to the thing would make it perfect for me. Somewhere around the high 200s/mid 300s would be perfect. But as for the best drivers car? I think it falls short as is it comes from the dealer floor.

I would throw in another vote for the s2000 as well. Everyone loves a s2000, and while not the fastest thing in the world either, it's engine is a lot more fun to rev around than the flat four in the 86.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don't think anyone has mentioned the 2015+ Subaru WRX (non-STI) yet.  Brand new they are about $27k, but you can get one that's a year or two old for just under $25k.

http://st.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2017/07/2018-Subaru-WRX-side.jpg

This gen of WRX have single twin-scroll turbocharged 2.0L engines that make loads of useable horsepower at lower RPMs.  The turbo will peak at around 22 psi and can hold a constant 16 psi of boost.  It comes on fast too since it is a twin scroll, there is just about no turbo lag at all.  Mine can get full boost as low as 2500 RPM.  When you are just cruising, the turbo just holds close to 0 psi, and I have been averaging 34-36 mpg on the highway.  Brakes and handling are great, and the AWD is wonderful on snow and dirt/gravel roads.  The turbo doesn't require any extra maintenance, and I wouldn't turn away from any modern turbo engine, they are pretty reliable.  Also, Subaru did away with the timing belt and went with a timing chain on the FA20 engine in this car, so that maintenance item has been removed (thankfully).

I would call it a driver's car.  There are no frills, no stupid selectable driving modes, no lane assist autopilot type stuff, and the car feels very mechanical when driving it, especially with the 6 speed transmission.  Shifting without the clutch is easy with this transmission.  It's at least worth mentioning in this thread.

Also the back seat is very roomy.  You can easily put a car seat back there and take the whole family out for the day.  It seats 5 fairly comfortably.  I can have people sit behind me and I don't even need to scoot up the seat.

Don't let the EPA estimated MPG fool you, they claim it's only 27 mpg highway, and the car really gets mid 30s on the highway.
View Quote
Hmmmm.... I'll keep it in mind and look into them some. Always been a Mitsubishi fan over the Subaru  stuff but since Mitsubishi is dead.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 11:29:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It probably doesn't meet your price range or Cool factor but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Mini Coopers are a lot of fun to drive. The only car I ever missed when traded off.
View Quote
That may be,  but something about them,  the quirky styling I think, I just hate them.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 11:33:53 AM EDT
[#20]
This is local to me and would be damn tempting if I didnt have a 66 2bbl Mustang project starting this year along with a 2015 GT that is almost paid off.

18k for 2001 Z06 with 54k miles.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#21]

Brz 250mi a day 6 days a week I still get excited when I get into it at the start of the day

Yes it’s under powered I did headers and a flex fuel kit gained over thirty hp on E85 (and I save 10$ a tank) car feels fantastic now and punches way outside of its class in the canyons
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 11:52:26 AM EDT
[#22]
I picked up a C6 Z51 package for that price in February. I'd go with a C6 or an ND Miata.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X GSR
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 12:38:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
2012-2013 VW Golf R.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
VW GTI.
No! Fuck FWD!
2012-2013 VW Golf R.
I had a 13, stage 2+ APR, and wouldn't recommend it unless you're tracking it. It was pretty boring as a DD or when cruising, and only felt decent when driving extremely spirited. I drove an 86 and enjoyed it a lot more.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:00:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I picked up a C6 Z51 package for that price in February. I'd go with a C6 or an ND Miata.
View Quote
If I can do the same, then you bet your ass I will. It will be about a year more than likely though before I'm actually ready to buy, I'm just starting to really think about it seriously. I want something that's fun, with A/C and reliable that I can daily to keep the miles off the old Talon, but that I can take to the track and enter in a stock class and compete, then drive home.

Post pics! What mileage?

Oh shit! If prices still look like this when I'm ready and there's even just 1 lower mileage clean example in my price range, then fuck the miata!
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Used:
BMW 335i
BMW 135i
13+ Ford Mustang
14+ Chev Camaro
Porsche Boxster/Cayman
Audi TTS
Chev Vette
Honda S2000
Nissan 370Z

New:
Miata
WRX

You said no GTI, but with the LSD the newer ones have, they kick ass, I drove one for 2 years. With less than $2k in performance enhancements I could dust Charger R/Ts no problem, V6 Camaros, etc., and I smoked a couple S2000s on some twisty roads.

Now I have an S4, and it's a heavier car but with the Sport Diff and Audi drive select, it is fucking sweet. A lot more $ to upgrade but right now I've got a Stage 2 tune and some pulley upgrades that give it ~460hp/430tq. My wife legit cried when I used the launch control

People keep mentioning BRZ/FRS but they are so under powered, I wouldn't even bother. The only reason you can get the rear tires to slide is because they are so skinny (which they did intentionally).
View Quote
This.

Quoted:

If I can do the same, then you bet your ass I will. It will be about a year more than likely though before I'm actually ready to buy, I'm just starting to really think about it seriously. I want something that's fun, with A/C and reliable that I can daily to keep the miles off the old Talon, but that I can take to the track and enter in a stock class and compete, then drive home.

Post pics! What mileage?

Oh shit! If prices still look like this when I'm ready and there's even just 1 lower mileage clean example in my price range, then fuck the miata!
https://i.imgur.com/z3jjMj0.jpg
View Quote
Your really have nothing to lose doing a little research on the GTI particularly if you are planning on taking your time and checking out different cars.  It's not going to over-steer but with the differential it is extremely neutral and can be driven hard without torque steer.  There are lot of affordable options for additional performance enhancements.  With the seat down it has quite a bit of cargo space, it gets great gas mileage and it has an audi like interior.

Probably no car will give you a reliable daily driver and a weekend track car (that will earn you respect) for the least amount of money.

Spend a few hours here and find out what is possible:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php

and take one for a drive when your done.  It would not be logical to rule it out without doing a little homework.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This.

Your really have nothing to lose doing a little research on the GTI particularly if you are planning on taking your time and checking out different cars.  It's not going to over-steer but with the differential it is extremely neutral and can be driven hard without torque steer.  There are lot of affordable options for additional performance enhancements.  With the seat down it has quite a bit of cargo space, it gets great gas mileage and it has an audi like interior.

Probably no car will give you a reliable daily driver and a weekend track car (that will earn you respect) for the least amount of money.

and take one for a drive when your done.  It would not be logical to rule it out without doing a little homework.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Used:
BMW 335i
BMW 135i
13+ Ford Mustang
14+ Chev Camaro
Porsche Boxster/Cayman
Audi TTS
Chev Vette
Honda S2000
Nissan 370Z

New:
Miata
WRX

This.

Quoted:

Post pics! What mileage?

https://i.imgur.com/z3jjMj0.jpg

It's not all about logic. I have always held the GTI with contempt, can't really put my finger on why. Maybe it's because I got into cars as a DSM/Evo guy so I was just never impressed by the GTi. It may have come a long way, but I just can't shake it. Just not interested in a turbo FWD euro hatch.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A member here has one and tuned making nasty HP and under some aftermarket warranty that he said covered it despite the mods. Is that you? I can't track down the thread and I want to know the warranty company.
View Quote
not me @HappyCamel
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#29]
I think I'm pretty sold on the Mazda Miata, going to see about taking one for a test drive after vacation this summer. If it meets expectations it will come down to a C6 or Miata, I absolutely can't believe I'm leaning towards the Miata though. I think it will be more comfortable, though I have never driven a c6, the c5 was pretty stiff. And I could see myself getting plenty of speeding tickets and or going through tires much faster on the vett. The Miata you can have fun with and not be doing triple digit speeds in a couple seconds, and it's so damn light weight.

I think I'm getting over the whole lots of power on the street thing.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:03:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I think I'm pretty sold on the Mazda Miata, going to see about taking one for a test drive after vacation this summer. If it meets expectations it will come down to a C6 or Miata, I absolutely can't believe I'm leaning towards the Miata though. I think it will be more comfortable, though I have never driven a c6, the c5 was pretty stiff. And I could see myself getting plenty of speeding tickets and or going through tires much faster on the vett. The Miata you can have fun with and not be doing triple digit speeds in a couple seconds, and it's so damn light weight.

View Quote
That's the most depressing thing about my C6 Z51. 95% of the time i'm using like 10% of the power lol. If you're not going to drag race or road race it i'd say look at the Miata. It will be a bit cheaper in the long run from an O&M standpoint. If you are going to do a lot of road trips in the Miata then i'd say invest in a hard top for it to cut down on some of the noise and add some insulation. Just adding some Michelin Premier A/S on our '06 Miata cut down on road noise a ton though. The wife didn't have any complaints driving it 500 miles to the beach by herself.

As far as ride quality I was surprised how well the Z51 package handles on my C6. It's perfectly fine driving around town and on the highway. That being said i'd probably just opt for a regular suspension if I was going to do it over again just to add a little more compliance in it since it's more of a cruiser/touring car then a track car.

If I didn't have either of those cars now i'd be looking at an ND Miata or a C7 Corvette. It's an apples to oranges comparison though but either one are great sports cars and will still make fine daily drivers if needed.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That's the most depressing thing about my C6 Z51. 95% of the time i'm using like 10% of the power lol. If you're not going to drag race or road race it i'd say look at the Miata. It will be a bit cheaper in the long run from an O&M standpoint. If you are going to do a lot of road trips in the Miata then i'd say invest in a hard top for it to cut down on some of the noise and add some insulation. Just adding some Michelin Premier A/S on our '06 Miata cut down on road noise a ton though. The wife didn't have any complaints driving it 500 miles to the beach by herself.

As far as ride quality I was surprised how well the Z51 package handles on my C6. It's perfectly fine driving around town and on the highway. That being said i'd probably just opt for a regular suspension if I was going to do it over again just to add a little more compliance in it since it's more of a cruiser/touring car then a track car.

If I didn't have either of those cars now i'd be looking at an ND Miata or a C7 Corvette. It's an apples to oranges comparison though but either one are great sports cars and will still make fine daily drivers if needed.
View Quote
A C6 with the F55 mag ride in comfort should ride a lot nicer than a Z51 fwiw.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Make sure it is a ‘19 model with the new engine.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:59:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why? I tend to shy away from new tech when it's just introduced. If it's any of this crazy new injection tech...i'm pretty hesitant. I like my EFI/port injection.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 10:17:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Why? I tend to shy away from new tech when it's just introduced. If it's any of this crazy  new injection tech...i'm pretty hesitant. I like my EFI/port injection.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why? I tend to shy away from new tech when it's just introduced. If it's any of this crazy  new injection tech...i'm pretty hesitant. I like my EFI/port injection.
They are going the high rpm route. Same 2.0 with new pistons, rods, crank, porting, and cams.

Somewhere around 30 more hp and a redline around 7500-8000k.

They stopped production of the 18’s early to get these out.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 10:22:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They are going the high rpm route. Same 2.0 with new pistons, rods, crank, porting, and cams.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's been suggested the base price will start at 26k. Not interested at that price. I'd rather look at a low mileage 2017 or 2018 in the late fall. I'm betting they will come way down in price and be a steal.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It's been suggested the base price will start at 26k. Not interested at that price. I'd rather look at a low mileage 2017 or 2018 in the late fall. I'm betting they will come way down in price and be a steal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s a significant enough upgrade to see quite a few of the older models on the used market.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It’s a significant enough upgrade to see quite a few of the older models on the used market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly why I think I'll go that route and be able to get a good deal on one just a year model or two old.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 11:10:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I have a 340whp all wheel drive 90 DSM with lots of suspension work for actually going fast. What I'm after is something that's reliable, fun, affordable with A/C. That I can take to track events that will still be fun to drive. My Talon has never left me stranded, it's reliable but I have done stuff to make it fast that makes it less comfortable and fun too. Still a street car, no solid mounts, still has the balance shafts etc. But it's hashish and getting pretty old so I try not to out to ma y miles on it.

Looking for something I can daily and track that's not boring as hell. If I really want to fast I'll too in the Talon, it will run high 12's and corner plenty well enough to stay well well well above any legal speed for any corner, anywhere.
View Quote
Was in your boat 4 months ago.  Bought a BRZ with the Performance Package (slight shock/strut upgrade and Brembo brakes) and it's been an absolute hoot to drive.  I love the car...and have no buyers regret at all.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 1:32:00 PM EDT
[#39]
One of my aunts bought a miata new when they first came out, I don't know miata generations.

East tn backroads are perfect for it.  Kept momentum in turns where others with horsepower were slamming on brakes, she just cruised along.

It eventually had a ton of miles and went elsewhere.

She tried a newer generation but due to her being older, grandma not being able to get in and out of it well, and the newer generation being bigger and what not it did not hang around for long.

East tn and similar areas are perfect for a miata in my opinion because of all the tight turns in the backroads, it is amusing in my wrangler to watch someone who sucks at driving use the gas pedal on the straight parts but take a turn like there is ice covered in ball bearings on the road or something.  I have stock suspension on tj with roll bars still hooked up, not a corner cutting machine but also not off road modified whatever.

I never messed with the aunts newer miata, I did a fair bit of riding in her original miata and it was somewhat different from a 96 z28 6 speed I had for a while.  The camaro could corner decently but was no where near as small and light as her miata.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
02-04' C5 ZO6
View Quote
Denzel - BOOM

Titanium exhaust
light weight glass
no sound insulation
formed frame
405hp w/ mandatory 6spd
almost 50/50 weight balance

Um yeah, this time eleventy billion.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 2:11:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Denzel - BOOM

Titanium exhaust
light weight glass
no sound insulation
formed frame
405hp w/ mandatory 6spd

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
02-04' C5 ZO6
Denzel - BOOM

Titanium exhaust
light weight glass
no sound insulation
formed frame
405hp w/ mandatory 6spd

Trust me, I hear you. But I'm thinking unless I'm goosing it, it's going to be boring. I know that's how my Talon is, unless I'm flogging or taking corners at insane speeds, it's boring. I hate driving a fast car slow, it's no fun. I don't need speeding tickets, or dead. I'm content driving slow in a normal car. Something like the Miata I think would be a fun slow car to drive fast if that makes sense. Without approaching the same kind of stupid speeds on the street.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 3:25:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Late production 128 or 135
Great cars with relatively small production numbers so I have a feeling they wont drop in value
Remove backseat
Can fit 4 extra tires unlike Miata's
135 has known "issues" with turbo system if abused but easily upgraded if you want to abuse it often
I had a 335 and traded it in for a 128 - dropped the turbos and on windy roads I am much faster in the slower/smaller 128 than ballsy/bigger 335
Plenty of information on the webs about the engine
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 4:23:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Late production 128 or 135
Great cars with relatively small production numbers so I have a feeling they wont drop in value
Remove backseat
Can fit 4 extra tires unlike Miata's
135 has known "issues" with turbo system if abused but easily upgraded if you want to abuse it often
I had a 335 and traded it in for a 128 - dropped the turbos and on windy roads I am much faster in the slower/smaller 128 than ballsy/bigger 335
Plenty of information on the webs about the engine
View Quote
Wtf are you talking about?
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 7:29:15 PM EDT
[#44]
A little background to my vote earlier...had a Mazdaspeed MX5 Miata before. Loved it but it’s size wasn’t practical. The BRZ is a 2+2 version of the Miata if you want to look at it that way. It’s a real hoot to drive. Never had a car I was excited to drive every day before this. I love getting in it even if it’s just to commute to work.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Do you even BMW, bro?
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Do you even BMW, bro?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you even BMW, bro?
No, no I don't.

Quoted:
A little background to my vote earlier...had a Mazdaspeed MX5 Miata before. Loved it but it’s size wasn’t practical. The BRZ is a 2+2 version of the Miata if you want to look at it that way. It’s a real hoot to drive. Never had a car I was excited to drive every day before this. I love getting in it even if it’s just to commute to work.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2980/2211EB0D-5F02-4ED5-AF88-525A22B310D5-544023.JPG
My wife has the family vehicle.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 7:41:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
No, no I don't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you even BMW, bro?
No, no I don't.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#48]
I see 2008 bmw m3,m5,m6 for around 20-25k. Are they worth it?
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I see 2008 bmw m3,m5,m6 for around 20-25k. Are they worth it?
View Quote
Can you afford an LS swap?
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I think OP is looking for a lightweight car that responds quickly and effortlessly to steering, braking and acceleration inputs.

2,500 lbs slings around much differently than 3,500 lbs.
View Quote
Fiesta ST then.  2600 lbs.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top