BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:41:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$$ for the state + $$ for the "instructor" industry = Not Gonna Happen.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was surprised TN doesn't have constitutional carry yet.

Kentucky remains king, East of the Mississippi and our redneck reputation of being backwards hillbillies keeps the liberals out.
$$ for the state + $$ for the "instructor" industry = Not Gonna Happen.

If that was all that mattered, we wouldn't have 16 states with constitutional carry right now.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Wyoming.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
God I miss NH

Only knock is loaded long guns in vehicles.....and the ever increasing pressure from the liberals moving north.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New Hampshire may not be #1, but it’s in the top 3 easily.
God I miss NH

Only knock is loaded long guns in vehicles.....and the ever increasing pressure from the liberals moving north.
That's the part that scares the hell out of me.

We have constitutional carry, castle doctrine, campus carry - and even our teachers can be armed.

The only thing standing between us and full-blown Masshole Stasi is the governor's veto.

A while back my GF and I switched vehicles for the day so I could rotate her tires. There were a couple of loaded P228 mags in the trunk of my car but I didn't think anything of it. At one point my GF texted me and said she was on the way to MA with her Mom to go shopping. I just about stroked out and made her turn around - lest she get pulled over and wind up in prison
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#4]
No state is safe anymore.
It will take constant vigilance, voting and political activism to keep the leftists at bay.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:08:16 PM EDT
[#5]
NH is pretty good, but we're surrounded by 'tards.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm looking for a great gun friendly state to move too. Hopefully warm but I want about 80/100 acres and I'm tired of Midwest winters. Hit me.
View Quote
Louisiana. Not joking.

This passed in 2012. Although I am unaware of any test cases.

Amendment 2: "Strict scrutiny" for gun laws - Approved

The requirement that courts use "strict scrutiny" when evaluating the constitutionality of gun laws passed with about 74.3 percent of the vote. The law codifies in the constitution the standard used by the current U.S. Supreme Court when evaluating gun laws, requiring the most stringent standard be used when determining whether regulations infringe on the right to keep and bear arms.

The amendment also eliminates constitutional language specifically allowing the Legislature to regulate concealed weapons.

Under strict scrutiny, regulations must be narrowly tailored to fit a public purpose and it would be up to the government to prove that regulations were constitutional, rather than requiring opponents of a measure prove that the law violates the constitution.

Supporters argued that the amendment is necessary to protect guns rights since the precedent-setting Supreme Court rulings that established the standard were decided by a 5-4 vote. But opponents argue the amendment would jeopardize the concealed-carry permit system, impair police work and call into question regulations that prohibit bringing weapons to certain locations and events.

this could very easily be used as a stepping stone to constitutional carry. We already have permitless open carry.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:23:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's the part that scares the hell out of me.

We have constitutional carry, castle doctrine, campus carry - and even our teachers can be armed.

The only thing standing between us and full-blown Masshole Stasi is the governor's veto.

A while back my GF and I switched vehicles for the day so I could rotate her tires. There were a couple of loaded P228 mags in the trunk of my car but I didn't think anything of it. At one point my GF texted me and said she was on the way to MA with her Mom to go shopping. I just about stroked out and made her turn around - lest she get pulled over and wind up in prison
View Quote
We lose our Governor. Chris Sununu we are done. Instant VA, New England style. With the Deocrats taking both the State House and Senate, I'm sure they already have all the anti-2nd bills already drawn up.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Seems most forget Oklahoma, constitutional carry, no restrictions of what you can own, overall super gun friendly and conservative as a state.
View Quote
I hope the liberals do too.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Louisiana. Not joking.

The requirement that courts use "strict scrutiny" when evaluating the constitutionality of gun laws passed with about 74.3 percent of the vote. The law codifies in the constitution the standard used by the current U.S. Supreme Court when evaluating gun laws, requiring the most stringent standard be used when determining whether regulations infringe on the right to keep and bear arms.

The amendment also eliminates constitutional language specifically allowing the Legislature to regulate concealed weapons.

Under strict scrutiny, regulations must be narrowly tailored to fit a public purpose and it would be up to the government to prove that regulations were constitutional, rather than requiring opponents of a measure prove that the law violates the constitution.

Supporters argued that the amendment is necessary to protect guns rights since the precedent-setting Supreme Court rulings that established the standard were decided by a 5-4 vote. But opponents argue the amendment would jeopardize the concealed-carry permit system, impair police work and call into question regulations that prohibit bringing weapons to certain locations and events.

this could very easily be used as a stepping stone to constitutional carry. We already have permitless open carry.
View Quote
Too bad your climate is so shitty.

Too old for heat, humidity, snakes, etc.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:43:46 PM EDT
[#10]
You have to be a special kind of moron to love Mississippi like I do, but we have great gun laws and some beautiful scenery if you pic the right spot.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In KY Cities can rape your income for another 2.5% on top of the states income tax. KY also has yearly personal property tax on cars.
Taxes are too damn high in KY.
View Quote
Yeah. I'd have to have a REAL opportunity there.

TN is my first choice. SC second.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:23:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Louisiana. Not joking.

We make up for it in food.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Now you see the advantage of living in a state like New York. Everything is illegal so there are zero worries about accidentally crossing into a restricted state with contraband Carrying a gun ("firearms" as defined by NYS Penal Law 265 are illegal) in your vehicle is dicey if not unloaded, locked up and totally inaccessible. I would not even think to leave even a genuine 5 round magazine visible anywhere in the car here in the metropolitan NYC area as that probably violates some portion of the "loaded" law
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:28:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wyoming
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:30:03 PM EDT
[#15]
It says AZ is the best but im sure that will be under heavy attack soon.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Puerto Rico! Oh, wait you said state. @Miami_JBT
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:31:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Wyoming is best, but too bad it's full
View Quote
We have a waiting list.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
AZ is best, 6 years in a row.

There are dems trying to pass a red flag law, and our POS governor supports it.

But we have constitutional carry, and a democrat minority, and it will likely fail again.
View Quote
And our Gov is Republican he keeps pushing for the legislature to put a RFL on his desk so he can sign it.

I'm not planning on voting for him again at least not unless a better candidate comes up.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
In before the blahblahblahwe'refull chuckleheads
View Quote
Why are they “chuckleheads”.

Nothing good happens when people from California and NY move to better (politically) states.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#20]
NH summary. You decide.

No permit required for OC or CC
No prohibited locations other than court rooms (secured check in required).
No public school prohibition (subject to GFSZA).
No public college campus prohibition.
No bar/restaurant prohibition.
No drinking prohibition.
No polling place prohibition.
No church prohibition.
No government building prohibition.
No minimum age to carry or possess (subject to federal law).
No duty to inform.
Signs have no force of law (subject to trespass after being asked to leave).
$10 fee for 5 years if you choose to get a license.
Stand your ground.
Display of firearm does not constitute use of deadly force.
Hunting with suppressors.
No NFA restrictions (subject to federal law).
State preemption.
Range protection.
No knife laws - switchblades legal.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Louisiana. Not joking.

Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:03:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Seems most forget Oklahoma, constitutional carry, no restrictions of what you can own, overall super gun friendly and conservative as a state.
View Quote
I agree, and we seem to be heading towards more freedom rather than less.

But, there are some things we still need to work on.

- weapons still not allowed in schools, with some exceptions for dropping kids off in the parking lot, special extensive training for teachers to carry, and applicability vs. county rules.

- weapons not permitted in bars.  I see the point of this, but I would be happier if it read “no consumption of alcohol while carrying” (which we also have).  Sometimes when waiting on a table at a nice restaurant, they seat us in the bar.  So I have to stand in the lobby, even though I have no intention of drinking.

Probably some more, but these seem important to me.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:09:54 PM EDT
[#23]
OK is OK.

1 day of snow thus far this year and we went a couple years with none. You can always count on at least a few days in the winter where the weather is unusually warm too. It got up to 70 here today.

Gun laws, or lack thereof, are better than just about anywhere. Constitutional carry was recently passed.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Several liberals I have known have left this state, usually proceeded by “I can’t stand living in this backwards, right wing state.  I’m moving to (California/Oregon/Washington).  Heh!  Good riddance.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You have to be a special kind of moron to love Mississippi like I do, but we have great gun laws and some beautiful scenery if you pic the right spot.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/259216/95AA92AE-0BBF-4BBC-985A-A41A3F9B200B_jpe-1270062.JPG
View Quote
Looks mosquito-y
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Wyoming is best, but too bad it’s full
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A state with 540k is easy to manipulate. Be careful.

But I'd agree Wyoming is probably the best state out there for everything America right now.
Wyoming is best, but too bad it’s full
If I ever had to start over, I'd start over in a Wyoming probably.

Can't keep me out.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:23:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Nothing good happens when people from California and NY move to better (politically) states.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before the blahblahblahwe'refull chuckleheads

California contains politics known to the state of Montana to cause cancer.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Glad to hear that there is no present problem.
My discussions with friends in Idaho give me the impression that they are concerned about future growth in and around Boise, bringing in city folks from Washington and California. I shoot at a lot of competition venues in Idaho and I hear this a lot.
But, as you say, preemption is good when you have a solid Conservative Legislature. It works well here in Wyoming to keep the Commies in Teton and Albany Counties in check.

As for "Cold as Fuck": A man has to look deep inside himself and decide what he values more- freedom, or warm feet.
View Quote
I live in the Boise metro and while laws are currently great, I am concerned about the more distant future. I think we've been the #1 relocation city for a couple years now and the population is definitely blowing up. A decent chunk are from CA, it's just yet to see whether they're conservative Californians or not. It'd take awhile, but unfortunately as population continues to grow like crazy in big cities, there will always be a threat of those people relocating to lower cost of living/smaller cities and impacting politics.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Florida
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:34:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
NH summary. You decide.

No permit required for OC or CC
No prohibited locations other than court rooms (secured check in required).
No public school prohibition (subject to GFSZA).
No public college campus prohibition.
No bar/restaurant prohibition.
No drinking prohibition.
No polling place prohibition.
No church prohibition.
No government building prohibition.
No minimum age to carry or possess (subject to federal law).
No duty to inform.
Signs have no force of law (subject to trespass after being asked to leave).
$10 fee for 5 years if you choose to get a license.
Stand your ground.
Display of firearm does not constitute use of deadly force.
Hunting with suppressors.
No NFA restrictions (subject to federal law).
State preemption.
Range protection.
No knife laws - switchblades legal.
View Quote
As a person who prefers remaining in the Northeast as it is where I have been my entire life, I like New Hampshire. Used to vacation near Hillsboro and my late father worked a few years in Henniker. But I worry about the Massachusetts influx and the state ultimately turning into New York in terms of gun laws. Nothing would pi$$ me off more than to get the heck out of New York for NH only to have it turn deep blue, like Virginia is going, as soon as I got there. I know there are no guarantees in life but I worry for NH.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:44:10 PM EDT
[#31]
make sure the gun friendly state isn't being invaded by lefties whose numbers could change the demographics quickly
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:44:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You betty be rich if you want 100 acres here, unless you want a place out in BFE with no trees and no water.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At this point, I don’t think any state is safe from the gun grabbers. AZ is probably your best bet at this point. Who knows how long it’ll be safe though.
You betty be rich if you want 100 acres here, unless you want a place out in BFE with no trees and no water.
Not the case everywhere. South eastern AZ is water rich with wooded areas. Is BFE though.

Arizona is the best hands down as far as gun laws. Cochise county property taxes are low. Can’t speak for everywhere. If you want a rural area Cochise county or eastern AZ is what you seek.

ETA: I would take a hard look at Eastern Oklahoma in your position also.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:51:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
List is nonsense.

Think about it: the biggest threat to gun owners is city people. Time and again, we see gun owners steamrolled by urban politicians and their voters: Washington, Seattle. New York, NYC and suburbs. Colorado, Denver and the front range. And now, Virginia.

You want a state with NO large cities.

Arizona is not such a place: Phoenix,Tucson.
Idaho is increasingly not such a place: Boise.

Wyoming IS the place.
View Quote
are liberals moving to Cheyenne?  is that the "Big City" for WY?  influenced by Colorado liberals?  seriously, just wondering.  myself, also considering WY, having seen what locust liberals do to the landscape.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Arizona and Wyoming.
View Quote
wyoming is great but you are not getting 100 acres there no one is really selling maybe look around Billings  MT. Or Western SD
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Several liberals I have known have left this state, usually proceeded by "I can't stand living in this backwards, right wing state.  I'm moving to (California/Oregon/Washington).  Heh!  Good riddance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Several liberals I have known have left this state, usually proceeded by "I can't stand living in this backwards, right wing state.  I'm moving to (California/Oregon/Washington).  Heh!  Good riddance.
I know a couple as well.  I have noticed some liberal shit in North OKC that wasn't there in the past either.  I think the mexicans on the southside pushed the North.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:44:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Not the case everywhere. South eastern AZ is water rich with wooded areas. Is BFE though.

Arizona is the best hands down as far as gun laws. Cochise county property taxes are low. Can’t speak for everywhere. If you want a rural area Cochise county or eastern AZ is what you seek.

ETA: I would take a hard look at Eastern Oklahoma in your position also.
View Quote
AZ makes me nervous. The weather is too good and it's too close to CA. The laws are friendly to gun owners.

All this make it very attractive to lefty types who'd have a nice place to live and plenty of shit to stir. You get enough of them in there and hello Virginia.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I know a couple as well.  I have noticed some liberal shit in North OKC that wasn't there in the past either.  I think the mexicans on the southside pushed the North.
View Quote
What "liberal shit" did you notice?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:46:28 PM EDT
[#38]
SC ain't bad other than we don't have open carry. Other than that our gun laws aren't enforced for the most part, you can still ride around town with a rifle in the front seat and nobody cares. It's hot and humid in the summer but our winters are mild. 4 1/2 month long deer season and excellent fishing year round.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Wyoming will be the last man standing, IMO.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Not Alaska, costs too much to ship shit.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:54:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
WY
MT
UT?
ID?

On the east side -
TN
KY
WV?

GA is in danger
SC maybe? A LOT of blacks there who vote dem. Just saying .

I'm looking to leave VA over more than just guns but want to stay close to family.

My choices in order of preference -
TN
SC
KY
WV
NC (And I probably won't quit my job for NC, I'll just move there and drive and commute an hour or so)
View Quote
Might want to reconsider the East side ranking - signs in TN carry the weight of law.  Gun buster in KY = meh....
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:58:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm looking for a great gun friendly state to move too. Hopefully warm but I want about 80/100 acres and I'm tired of Midwest winters. Hit me.
View Quote
Well, I can go out in my yard and shoot.
But we’re full.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:01:08 PM EDT
[#43]
I travel several states and areas where gun buster signs carry the weight of law make me a bit anxious.... I know that concealed means concealed but there’s no place like home.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:04:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
North Dakota
View Quote
Quoted:
I know you said no Midwest states but ND and SD are GTG.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:11:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Not Texas. I'm told all the time here our gun laws are terrible.
View Quote
Texas will remain a good gun state for a number of years. But when you see the state government start shifting it could go left quick. We have too much population in huge metropolitan areas.

IF I were to leave it would be 300 miles north to Oklahoma. They are solid right wing and the winters aren’t too bad.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

are liberals moving to Cheyenne?  is that the "Big City" for WY?  influenced by Colorado liberals?  seriously, just wondering.  myself, also considering WY, having seen what locust liberals do to the landscape.
View Quote
Yes Cheyenne is the "big city" of Wyoming with Casper #2 both are around 60k people after those two the next biggest are a couple around 30k people after that theres a few with around 10k people.
Wyoming is a pretty empty state.
It's all relative, according to some people Cheyenne is a huge city compared to where they live.
As far as transplants screwing up WY I don't see that happening anytime soon, it takes a pretty hearty person to live there year round.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Scratch the FLA off your list for the following reasons.

After the 2018 elections we now  have a left wing agriculture commissioner cunt doing everything she can to attack CCW and preemption.

A republican legislature pushing for a ban on or heavily restricted private firearms sales.

A ballot initiative system that too easily allows anti-gun amendments to be voted on and made part of the state constitution.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Missouri's pretty darn close!
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:36:29 PM EDT
[#49]
I don't know about the best but Kentucky is pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:48:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except Wyoming is rapidly becoming a weekend place for rich urbanite transplants like yourself.  You don't need a city if you are owned by a city.
LOL
Maybe I’m thinking of the wrong guy or combining two people or something.

Haven’t you posted in the past that your home is New York City and shared your general disdain for the poors who still have the unmitigated audacity to live in your general vicinity?

If you aren’t the guy I’m thinking of, I would be amazed if you disagree that rich outsiders buying up homes and land in scenic parts of the West has had a profound effect on politics in the mountain West.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top