Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, because Californians aren't allowed to drive into a bordering state and buy it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like a bordering state person could make money transporting black market equipment into California.

Yeah, because Californians aren't allowed to drive into a bordering state and buy it.

When they are buying the gas powered equipment, they can also pickup a few cases of windshield washer fluid too.

Because they banned that a few years ago also.

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
CA regulators can eat bowls of dicks with ketchup.
View Quote

Many probably do, and not talking about the genuine females.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:42:01 PM EDT
[#3]
They'll ban lithium batteries next and call the law the domestic agriculture full employment act. How many illegals does it take to hand sweep one condo complex?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:43:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

When they are buying the gas powered equipment, they can also pickup a few cases of windshield washer fluid too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like a bordering state person could make money transporting black market equipment into California.

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:46:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I bet Newsom has everything replace at the .gov mansion by midnight tomorrow.
View Quote

Replaced? They probably have stockpiles of equipment that will last decades. Plus, since when does gov follow gov rules?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:47:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How is this remotely legal? (4th amendment)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check stations in place for produce and other things on the major highways between the borders.

And they check for produce....and only produce....hell...they don't even check, they just ask!

Not exactly true, I've been searched twice over the years.  I've also been asked about bringing in aluminum cans and potted houseplants on other occasions.

The first time I was searched, I had driven across the country and the front of the car was covered in a thick layer of bugs.  I think that is why he chose to search  I knew how tightly the trunk was packed, and thought it would be funny to watch him unpack and repack it.  I popped the trunk, and told him to go right ahead.  He opened the trunk and saw the tetris job inside, said fuck it, and sent me on my way.

The second time I was searched, i was driving a moving truck. They made me unlock the box and open the door.  He looked in from outside for about 30 seconds while traffic was piling up behind me and then told me I could leave.

The bottom line is if you tick enough boxes, they will go for it. (Then you take the long way around).
How is this remotely legal? (4th amendment)

No clue. I cross a number of the check points a half a dozen times a year and have never been searched. As I said in my first post all they've ever asked is if I was bringing in any fruits/vegetables, I answer no and they wave me through. On the occasion I pass through on my motorcycle they have waved me through without stopping and asking.

Guess I don't check enough boxes.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:57:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As much as I disagree with this being the law, electric is just better for yard care equipment.
View Quote

Maybe if you only have a 100x100 lot.

Last time I ran a weed eater on our property / fence lines it took 3 tanks of fuel and almost full hours of wacking weeds.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:58:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It’s a 25 horsepower and up limit. If you get the big boy stuff you aren’t affected. What are you mowing like 2 acres?
View Quote

No, the 25 hp is a devious selection.  25 and up has tier issues, regen stuff,  etc. with some equipment , so going after under 25 has more impact than at first glance.  Under 25 has to achieve zero emissions and wipes that out. Over 25 falls into some federal regs.  And gets relatively pricey.

There is the lithium mining for batteries.  Burning coal, damping rivers, installing turbines, and areas of solar panels all have environments, wildlife, etc. investments and ongoing impacts, and we as a whole, let alone CA, are seriously anti nuclear.
We do the same when you look at the resources that go into corn for ethanol for the return.

I do about 8 acres of mowing and maintain about 3/4 mile of trails.  Maybe 1/4 mile of hedges to trim.  Once a year  I also whack about a mile of fencing.  

It’s a stupid law that impacts the environment worse, and butt fucks freedom and choice, while people think they are saving the environment.

Actually, it’s not stupid.  It was thought out and planned to dictate and control.

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:11:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
As much as I disagree with this being the law, electric is just better for yard care equipment.
View Quote

Hahaha that’s funny shit there, maybe for the 1/8-1/4 acre lot. Full discloser I do have both gas and electric power trimmers, blower and trimmers. The gas kick their asses all day long for serious work, for light quick convenience work the electrics do work fine.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:12:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No clue. I cross a number of the check points a half a dozen times a year and have never been searched. As I said in my first post all they've ever asked is if I was bringing in any fruits/vegetables, I answer no and they wave me through. On the occasion I pass through on my motorcycle they have waved me through without stopping and asking.

View Quote
What's the problem with fruits & vegetables?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:15:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think you mean by setting up shop 100 yards outside hostile territory. I'll sell to anyone, but I'm not taking shit into California.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:16:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Comes now generators, lawn mowers, water pumps, rototillers, etc., with 26 Hp engines.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lol, this include ALL internal combustion engines under 25 hp. Generators, lawn mowers, water pumps, rototillers, anything with a 25 or less hp engine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol, this include ALL internal combustion engines under 25 hp. Generators, lawn mowers, water pumps, rototillers, anything with a 25 or less hp engine.

So if a guy could swap an LS1 onto a Snapper, it would be legal?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's my understanding the concern is bringing in outside fruits/vegetables could also bring in invasive insects that could damage crops. You know, because invasive species always obey border crossing signs.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:21:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Electric pressure washers suck ass. So do electric weedwhackers and chainsaws.

Does anyone even MAKE a battery powered tiller?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:34:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

How do you know so much about my yard and what the best machines are for it?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The materials required to make electricity aren’t carbon neutral, and the state wants to shut down power plants.  Enjoy mowing with dead batteries and black outs.  Mining lithium is getting harder and harder thanks to environmental groups protecting the earth as much as possible.
View Quote

I can charge batteries off the 75kw generator.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

City folks are so cute.

View Quote

You plainly aren’t listening. For real work I always used a 48hp tractor or a 25hp mower and that’s not affected. Other than chainsaws this isn’t a big deal for most people except those who have a couple of acres and use prosumer equipment.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:27:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I got rid of my small lawnmower a few years back and replaced it with an electric, because I got a riding mower and only used it for small areas.

It now takes two freakin' batteries that charge forever to do that. And the batteries cost $100 a pop. I should've kept the gas mower.

Batteries suck.
View Quote

Electric mowers are great because I can get all on the phone with my mother once a week while I mow. Couldn’t do that with gas.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The issue here isn't that different people have different preferences, it's that the government is removing the ability to choose what many prefer. It is, at the very least, not a legitimate function of government.
View Quote

That’s basically what I said.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If you live on a postage stamp, yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you live on a postage stamp, yes.

What he says, and yes I live in California but switched over to gas some time ago. Far better if one goes with the quality manufacturers.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’ve yet to see a single Mexican with an electric leaf blower.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I think you mean by setting up shop 100 yards outside hostile territory. I'll sell to anyone, but I'm not taking shit into California.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
How do you cut down 10-15 large trees with electric?

What about ATVs and go karts?
View Quote

I'm sure the big tree companies have an exemption.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
 I'll concede the point, reluctantly for the sake of argument, for an average yard.  No go clear the fire lane on the back 40.
View Quote

Yeah we had 92 acres that used to be a stable with riding trails through the woods. 8-11 acres plus the trails got mowed. 48 hp tractor, a 25hp zero turn and a little push mower for a couple spots the zero turn wouldn’t fit. I can’t imagine having 8 acres to mow and being so poor you can’t get a 25hp mower to do it. That must be awful.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:33:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No, the 25 hp is a devious selection.  25 and up has tier issues, regen stuff,  etc. with some equipment , so going after under 25 has more impact than at first glance.  Under 25 has to achieve zero emissions and wipes that out. Over 25 falls into some federal regs.  And gets relatively pricey.

There is the lithium mining for batteries.  Burning coal, damping rivers, installing turbines, and areas of solar panels all have environments, wildlife, etc. investments and ongoing impacts, and we as a whole, let alone CA, are seriously anti nuclear.
We do the same when you look at the resources that go into corn for ethanol for the return.

I do about 8 acres of mowing and maintain about 3/4 mile of trails.  Maybe 1/4 mile of hedges to trim.  Once a year  I also whack about a mile of fencing.  

It’s a stupid law that impacts the environment worse, and butt fucks freedom and choice, while people think they are saving the environment.

Actually, it’s not stupid.  It was thought out and planned to dictate and control.

View Quote

Hasn’t been an issue. We have a full time diesel mechanic so maybe that’s why.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ll concede that, the stand alone electric pressure washers suck.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:55:04 PM EDT
[#28]
I can see electrics for little 14 inch homeowner chainsaws, but they seriously expect loggers to do the job with anything other than a gas powered saw?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You live in a desert, why do you need lawn equipment at all?
View Quote

Because they import an ocean of fresh water from other states and dump it all on the ground to grow grass and oranges.    

When I lived in SoCal besides the smog and the traffic, watering the grass every single day of the year was the other thing I found bizarre.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:00:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Check stations in place for produce and other things on the major highways between the borders.
View Quote

Looks like I found me a new career path.

[Smuggling power equipment into states with retarded Governor's]

All you would need to do if Newscum ran for anything is make an add showing homeless, gas prices, illegals, and all the other bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:04:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I hope that applies to State and local and fed Government working in Cali as well.
View Quote

Just like Kumall'ya and her gas stove.

Democrats are complete hypocrites and never follow their own rules.

Even Newscum and his cunt Aunt Pelosi were caught violating their own lockdowns.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:04:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Importation of pests that could affect food production.

Think Dutch Elm beetle issues but food related instead.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:11:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Huh. I didn't know that. I bought some concentrate that someone in GD recommended from Amazon. No restrictions. Oh, and it works great on bugs.
Amazon Product
  • For over 30 years, Kristall Klar has been the choice for those who want a crystal clear view of the road ahead without the streaks and smears typical of "the blue stuff".

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/200-816.gif

https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/our-work/programs/consumer-products-program/complying-consumer-products-regulations/windshield

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like electric better but I have a small yard. That said, this just the beginning. NY is outlawing all fossil fuel use in New constructed  homes after 2026 I think.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do ok on vehicles where you don’t need paint-removing pressures and VERY small projects.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They do ok on vehicles where you don’t need paint-removing pressures and VERY small projects.
View Quote

A PTO powered model would fix the issue.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:17:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What would be the PTO source? A gas or diesel engine?

[both electric and fossil fuel pressure washers are already basically self contained PTO equipment, the power source shaft is coupled with the pump shaft to drive it]
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:21:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It's my understanding the concern is bringing in outside fruits/vegetables could also bring in invasive insects that could damage crops. You know, because invasive species always obey border crossing signs.
View Quote
Ey Carumba!

ETA: Does that mean that there are no fruits or vegetables available that are not native to CA?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bullshit.  

Get back to me when you can mow all day on a pro level zero turn on a single charge.  Same is true for blowers.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:24:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What would be the PTO source? A gas or diesel engine?

[both electric and fossil fuel pressure washers are already basically self contained PTO equipment, the power source shaft is coupled with the pump shaft to drive it]
View Quote

Most of the stuff I use with PTOs is diesel powered but all of it is exempt from this CA rule.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:25:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Bullshit.  

Get back to me when you can mow all day on a pro level zero turn on a single charge.  Same is true for blowers.
View Quote

I can’t mow all day on a single gas tank either, but I can swap batteries.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit.  

My FI Kubota ZT can run all day, it hold's enough fuel for 7+ hours of running.

[for commercial use it's great, home use, kind of nutso, I like to run tanks down to less then 1/4 tank before refilling and that takes a long time depending on the time between mows.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#44]
I suppose if the 300 gallon tanks at the house weren’t there I would prioritize reducing the number of gas cans I have to carry around.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Electric won’t be feasible until you can charge it in 10 minutes, get comparable run time and performance for the same $.  

Skimmed the rest of the thread.  You sound kind of high and mighty.  People should be able to buy the tools they want to get the work done they have to do.  Gas powered equipment is powerful, lightweight, efficient and effective.  

I’ve read that the manufacture and disposal of li-ion batteries is more harmful to the environment than the entire service life of a piece of  ice-powered equipment.  

It isn’t the government’s purview to dictate things like this anyway.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Electric won’t be feasible until you can charge it in 10 minutes, get comparable run time and performance for the same $.  

Skimmed the rest of the thread.  You sound kind of high and mighty.  People should be able to buy the tools they want to get the work done they have to do.  Gas powered equipment is powerful, lightweight, efficient and effective.  

I’ve read that the manufacture and disposal of li-ion batteries is more harmful to the environment than the entire service life of a piece of  ice-powered equipment.  

It isn’t the government’s purview to dictate things like this anyway.
View Quote

As previously briefed, I don’t think this should be the law either. But I like electric equipment because it’s small, light and quiet. For big jobs I like big equipment.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:36:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Electric mowers are great because I can get all on the phone with my mother once a week while I mow. Couldn’t do that with gas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got rid of my small lawnmower a few years back and replaced it with an electric, because I got a riding mower and only used it for small areas.

It now takes two freakin' batteries that charge forever to do that. And the batteries cost $100 a pop. I should've kept the gas mower.

Batteries suck.

Now I know you're full of shit
My ego is loud not as loud as a gas mower but loud enough that listening to music with ear buds is not possible
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
As much as I disagree with this being the law, electric is just better for yard care
View Quote
'Better has nothing to do with it.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/17/politics/natural-gas-ban-preemptive-laws-gop-climate/index.html
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 12:09:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Now I know you're full of shit
My ego is loud not as loud as a gas mower but loud enough that listening to music with ear buds is not possible
View Quote

Ops-Core AMP FTW.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 12:20:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Ey Carumba!

ETA: Does that mean that there are no fruits or vegetables available that are not native to CA?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ey Carumba!

Of course they are available here that don't come from here.

I don't claim to know the retardation that is CA!

I do know that plants not native grown here but are sold here have to be quarantined for a certain amount of time before being sold. I think they have to be inspected first....but don't hold me to that.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top