Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:13:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I never took business school, but I imagine one of the first things they teach is to keep your mouth shut about politics.

Half your customers want one thing, and the other half want the other.  If you pick a side, the best you can do is lose half your customers.  If you then recant, you lose the other half.

A strange game.  The only winning move is not to play.

View Quote
Yes but silence is violence nowadays sweaty.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:15:21 PM EDT
[#2]
A cautionary tale lots will choose to ignore.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:27:44 PM EDT
[#3]
BUD is Dead.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:31:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A cautionary tale lots will choose to ignore.
View Quote

Yeah, but I’m sure there are a lot who will pay attention

Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:33:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:37:31 PM EDT
[#6]
That is fucking delicious!
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#7]
TRANS GENOCIDE THREAD
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:40:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Haha!  They done fucked up both ways playing the social justice warrior shit!!!
View Quote

This is so delicious!!!!

Quite the conundrum they’ve placed themselves in.  

Mwua ha ha ha
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:40:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wonder if the death of budweiser will become a case study. I’m sure the company will survive, but maybe not the brand
View Quote

Yes, this will be taught in marketing classes for decades to come.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:41:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:43:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Does "2Bears" mean what I think it does?
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:45:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Does "2Bears" mean what I think it does?
View Quote

Goldilocks sure as hell is not there.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:47:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:48:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Imagine going back in time, ten years even and try explaining to some dude in a bar what AB will soon be doing.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:52:20 PM EDT
[#16]
This is awesome you guys!  Do you have any idea what this means?

Choose your side AB.  99% of your customers or the 1%.

Choose wisely.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:52:27 PM EDT
[#17]
If they had simply sold beer and stayed out of the culture wars by just not virtue signaling they'd still sell to Joe Sixpack & Twinks McButtsex.
But noooo, they just had to put a tranny on the can.

Fuck em.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:52:50 PM EDT
[#18]
White Claw sales to fags tripled.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:56:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Bud Light is my favorite part of the news.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, AB didn’t really think this through. Should have just sold a product…..
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:02:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Precisely why publicly held company’s shouldn't partake in and adversltise divisive or political issues.

Bud light completely fucked their shareholders

Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:02:52 PM EDT
[#22]
With all the clusterfucks that I hear about every day, this is one that makes me smile.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:03:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If they had simply sold beer and stayed out of the culture wars by just not virtue signaling they'd still sell to Joe Sixpack & Twinks McButtsex.
But noooo, they just had to put a tranny on the can.

Fuck em.
View Quote

This is the best response yet. A/B fucked the pooch - on both sides. Virtue signaling will never drive bottom line results for a company.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:15:58 PM EDT
[#24]
They should have stuck with the frogs, horses and dilly dilly adds. Throw in chicks with dicks and you’re done done.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:19:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This a corporate death spiral.  Good
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#26]
They chose to be the queen of beers and then they pissed of the queers.

Now nobody wants to buy their swill.

Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#27]
They were getting beat up by most of their base and now the gay community is bending them over. Rich!
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:27:38 PM EDT
[#28]
lol..,
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:28:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Precisely why publicly held company’s shouldn't partake in and adversltise divisive or political issues.

Bud light completely fucked their shareholders

View Quote

I agree. At this point I think the damage is permanent. I expect this will be a lesson in stupid business decisions for the next 40 years. Bud light used to be 13% of the market. I bet they land under 4%. Layoffs are coming in 6 months or so. This will also hurt suppliers of grain and rice.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:29:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That is fucking delicious!
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:29:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:30:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Fantastic news!   Now these idiots have both sides hating them and boycotting their beer.   Couldn't be better news.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:30:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I agree. At this point I think the damage is permanent. I expect this will be a lesson in stupid business decisions for the next 40 years. Bud light used to be 13% of the market. I bet they land under 4%. Layoffs are coming in 6 months or so. This will also hurt suppliers of grain and rice.
View Quote

I do hope you're right. I am just afraid that most consumers have a very short memory. And while I miss my Bud heavies, I am enjoying Yuengling. Being a St. Louis resident for over two decades it is kind of sad to see.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:31:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Perfect. I love when the left eats their own.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:32:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anything less than total, blind devotion gets this response. AB exec tried to tone down the extent of said marketing which in the eyes of activitists is akin to being a facist.
View Quote

You're either with the revolution or you're a reactionary. Commie tactics have been implemented in the areas of race and sexuality, and it is not a coincidence.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:43:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You're either with the revolution or you're a reactionary. Commie tactics have been implemented in the areas of race and sexuality, and it is not a coincidence.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anything less than total, blind devotion gets this response. AB exec tried to tone down the extent of said marketing which in the eyes of activitists is akin to being a facist.

Link Posted: 5/5/2023 10:55:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don'tknow about that.  In the long run, people will still drinke the same amount of beer.  Just a different brand.  Those new brands picking up the slack will need to increase their raw materials purchases.  There will be a lag though for sure.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:01:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This is why a business shouldn't get involved and should stick to selling its product.
View Quote

Yep. Inbev could have done ZERO marketing for the Bud Lite product, and been just fine.
But no, they had to be trendy and ignore their client base. Great final results, just not for them.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:03:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Haha!  They done fucked up both ways playing the social justice warrior shit!!!
View Quote

Yep

“Let them fight”
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:17:53 PM EDT
[#41]
I honestly believe that Bud Light should go balls deep committed into the gay/trans community.  It is a screw-up to distance themselves from that Dylan dude.

No, I am serious.  Here me out.

Bud Light has proven that it does not know and has never known its customer base.

Even if your basic straight guy decides that this is a nothing burger-- meaning it was just a can, not a campaign-- he still can never be seen with a Bud Light in his hand again.

That girl he wants to talk to at the bar?  Yeah, he knows she thinks he is gay or at best a beta.

Your friends you've known for 20 years?  They are going to give you shit the entire time you are with them. Every time you are with them.

Your Father-in-Law?  He regrets giving his blessing to marrying his daughter.

No.  Bud Light is done with straight men.  Forever.  They've lost multiple generations of men and won't get them back because none of us like taking shit every time we want to be having fun.

No man is willing to have brand loyalty to a thing that they will feel is potentially a liability to them.  Beer ain't that special and there's always a substitute that works.  It ain't worth it.  Bud Light certainly isn't.

And that VP managed to basically tell every frat alumni that we are what is wrong with the world.  Yeah... fuck her and Bud Light.

Bud Light's big mistake is believing that they can somehow repair the relationship when there is absolutely no hope.

So what is the play?  The only one that they have.  They needed to cozy up to the only people that may actually be willing to be seen drinking their beer-- Liberals, Gays, and Trans.  Granted, their market share will drop by like 99%, but that's done anyway.  Don't give up that last 1% when it is all you have.

They should really do some polling and they'd see that there's nothing that they can do to fix this on the straight male side.  Of course, when they do that, they'll just blame it on the insecurities and homophobia of straight men.

And you know what?  People really like it when you try to shame them for your fuck-ups.  /sarcasm.

Bud Light should just go all-in and and mold their long necks into a veiny, mushroom headed phallus.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:25:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Which yet again conforms to the truth that you can NEVER satisfy people who beleive you always have to be revolutionarily destroying and remaking society ever more leftwards.

It's impossible to be out in front of the left for more than about a half an eyeblink's time, and they're just accellerating.

See, corporations?

This is what we've been telling you.

The path of least pain, least loss, and least resistance is to tell the temper-tantrum throwing leftists NO. If the people doing it are your employees, fire them - IMMEDIATELY,  and tell everyone that if you try and bring that stuff to work, you'll get the same too, it is not productive and it is not good for the company or anyone in it.

These are bullies and mafia extortionists. You cannot appease them, they will attack you regardless. (eta, or bleed you dry if you try and comply)

The best thing you can do is break their teeth when they try it (the extortion racket).

Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:27:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Bud light completely             their shareholders
View Quote

I wonder if parties with standing could sue them over breach of fiduciary duties?

Hint.

Hint hint hint.

How could any reasonable person NOT have seen this coming?
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:31:34 PM EDT
[#44]
They put themselves in a no win situation.

They alienated the majority of their customer base.   Then backtracked and alienated the customer base they were chasing.

Should of just focused on making beer.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:32:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:34:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Chicago gay bars stop selling bud light amid Dylan Mulvaney controversy
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:35:13 PM EDT
[#47]
AB...They're getting spitroasted now

LoL....

Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:35:25 PM EDT
[#48]
A lot of gays really can't stand trannies.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:36:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Yup, another case of leftist senior executives/C-suite thinking they're so smart and better than the consumers that they can have their cake and eat it too, by shoving their politics down everyone's throats and still enjoying all the big bonuses they think they'd get from the sales.

I'm confident in saying that pretty much everyone on this site, except the leftist infiltrators, knew this would happen. I say pretty much because there is undoubtedly a now silent contingent of principled capitalist conservative virtue signalers who would tell us it's their company and their rules and if we don't like it we should start our own company.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:37:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone who thinks this’ll cause long-term damage to the Bud franchise is crediting the public with an attention span they just don’t have. In 5 years it’ll be like this never happened. And AB-InBev is so big and diverse that it won’t even be a blip this year.

That said, I REALLY hope it hurts them and other companies get the message. I’m doing my part.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top