Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 86
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:12:18 PM EDT
[#1]
So when do we see Biden crowing about his huge victory over the Chinese?
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Per Fox

Joey B heading to Camp David.  Probably nap time
View Quote
Gotta swing by the Presidential Picadilly Cafeteria One and have some celebratory apple sauce and a light dinner at 4pm. Afterwards a spot of Matlock with some sleepytime tea the get tucked in for by by 530, maybe 6pm if he's really wound up from todays excitement before he really starts sundowning.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
" A senior Defense Department official told reporters Thursday that the U.S. prepared fighter jets in case of a decision to shoot down the balloon, but senior Pentagon leaders opted against it due to fears of falling debris hurting people on the ground.

Another DoD official on Friday said the military had estimated the shooting down of the balloon would create a debris field 20 miles by 20 miles.

“Last thing we wanted was for something the size of a school bus to go through the roof of a preschool,” the official said. "
View Quote

Might fall on some groomer trans-chick showing little kids how to insert a butt plug.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Really? Would it be able to lock on a heat signature that small and irregular?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What dey shoot it with?

Looked like an AIM-9

Really? Would it be able to lock on a heat signature that small and irregular?

absolutely
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anyone want to place bets on how long before another China balloon starts floating overhead?
View Quote

Wasn't there another one coming down from Canada?  It should be here by now?
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So 80 years ago, we managed to shoot down a balloon BEFORE it crossed the whole country?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As far as I know, the last time was (ironically) a Japanese balloon on the West Coast in WWII.

So, yes this is historic.

So 80 years ago, we managed to shoot down a balloon BEFORE it crossed the whole country?
Like landing on the moon, we don't have that technology anymore.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I bet Governor Kay Ivey would've sent our Red Tails up a long time ago had it come this way.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Seems like a win would be shooting it down before it crossed all our airspace, not after it was leaving.  I don't think this was a win, this was just a show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First kill for the F-22?  Hell yeah.  Taking out a hostile target over domestic airspace, that's a win!

kek

Seems like a win would be shooting it down before it crossed all our airspace, not after it was leaving.  I don't think this was a win, this was just a show.

It's a psyop
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Someone make a gif of the missile detonating yet?  Good close up of it getting hit.

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:14:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:14:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The combat sent and previous rivet joint(s) were having a field day. People don't think sigint, frequencies, mod/cod, DSSS, and crypto, etc. be like it is but it do. But i'll just go back to my hidey hole about those such things and let everyone nash their teeth in their jazzy scooters.
View Quote

You get out of here with your rational thoughts!

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Turn and burn baby !
View Quote

I'm not getting erect over this whole cluster fuck.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:14:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I am pretty sure that was Hunter's laptop.  Think about it.  China had it, attached to balloon, sent across the US to appear as a threat, we destroy it and now Hunter is free from any wrong doing.  It all makes sense.  Damn BIG GUY, well played.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:14:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I bet Governor Kay Ivey would've sent our Red Tails up a long time ago had it come this way.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:15:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Someone make a gif of the missile detonating yet?  Good close up of it getting hit.

View Quote

gimme a sec

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Lol at the replies.

Combat Sent hoovered up everything there is to know about what was being transmitted.

Hardware recovery would have been nice but it was seemingly decided that the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.
View Quote

Possibly. China could possibly have better encryption or other means and methods and we got basically nothing. It is just as likely they were getting data on the combat sent and rivet joints as well - not to mention the F22s.  They absolutely know more about the F22 now. Did we really need our absolute best fighter for a fucking balloon.  A. FUCKING. BALLOON.  This wasn't at 100k feet. Surely a F15 would have been more than capable.  Now we wasted more frame hours and gave out valuable data on an F22 in actual "combat".  The level of failure here is indescribable.  Our government and military is a fucking joke.  Where was NORAD on this a week ago? I'm ashamed that this is the "best" we can do.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Now we get to hear how Biden and Trudeau kept it quiet and covered up that effort.

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:16:19 PM EDT
[#20]
How far off the coast of SC?
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The combat sent and previous rivet joint(s) were having a field day. People don't think sigint, frequencies, mod/cod, DSSS, and crypto, etc. be like it is but it do. But i'll just go back to my hidey hole about those such things and let everyone nash their teeth in their jazzy scooters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol at the replies.

Combat Sent hoovered up everything there is to know about what was being transmitted.

Hardware recovery would have been nice but it was seemingly decided that the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

All we can collect is everything we already know. The balloon wasn't collecting and transmitting Intel about China! Letting the balloon traverse our country, including a number of sensitive sites, is criminal.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Hence the "kek"

I mean I'd brag about it if I were the one that shot it down, just because it's the first kill for an F-22.  But overall the situation is an embarrassment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

First kill for the F-22?  Hell yeah.  Taking out a hostile target over domestic airspace, that's a win!

kek

Hence the "kek"

I mean I'd brag about it if I were the one that shot it down, just because it's the first kill for an F-22.  But overall the situation is an embarrassment.

Oh, yeah, sorry.  I gotcha.  Yeah very cool for the pilot, not cool for our country though.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:17:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Here's the potato....

Biden wanted to shoot it Wednesday but Pentagon wanted to wait. I thought it showed up Thursday.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:18:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Possibly. China could possibly have better encryption or other means and methods and we got basically nothing. It is just as likely they were getting data on the combat sent and rivet joints as well - not to mention the F22s.  They absolutely know more about the F22 now. Did we really need our absolute best fighter for a fucking balloon.  A. FUCKING. BALLOON.  This wasn't at 100k feet. Surely a F15 would have been more than capable.  Now we wasted more frame hours and gave out valuable data on an F22 in actual "combat".  The level of failure here is indescribable.  Our government and military is a fucking joke.  Where was NORAD on this a week ago? I'm ashamed that this is the "best" we can do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol at the replies.

They know more about the F22 that did something within the fighter and missile envelope that's published on wikipedia? lol ok. THEY TRICKED US GANG!

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Biden says he authorized them to take it down on Wednesday. They said - let's wait until it's safe.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cope
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:18:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Is this the U. S. Air Force's first official kill of a Chinese aircraft?
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#28]
If it's dicks out for Harambe, does that make it boobs out for China Balloon?
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Holy shit Biden sounds terrible lol. Definitely applesauce, matlock, and nap time. He might have to skip the celebratory visit to Picadilly Cafeteria One.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The missile used most likely had a proximity fuse. No need for kinetic mass, just a lot of shrapnel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was an extremely high risk kill. If he missed, he'd never of heard the end of it.

The missile used most likely had a proximity fuse. No need for kinetic mass, just a lot of shrapnel.

ALL missiles have a proximity fuse, that is why they arent called hitiles
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#31]
They probably just got exactly what they wanted. Now they have ELINT on whatever we used to take it down.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:19:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did we end up doing with the 747 that had a gigantic frickin' laser in it?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/197999/5CB91693-BE9A-4052-996C-778D4EAEB85E_jpe-2697973.JPG

It was so contaminated with hazardous chemicals that it had to be scrapped.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Here's the potato....

Biden wanted to shoot it Wednesday but Pentagon wanted to wait. I thought it showed up Thursday.
View Quote
Proof Biden isn't in charge.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Is this the first official U. S. Air Force kill of a Chinese aircraft?
View Quote

Laughs in Flying Tigers.

Well, maybe not official....
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Chinese Spy Balloon Shot Down by F22 With Sound #F22 #ChineseSpyBalloon #Shorts #News
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Live comments from Biden, he was getting pretty testy with a reporter asking why now.

Easily the worst POTUS ever. Carter was 2X more effective. That’s how bad our leadership is.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

All we can collect is everything we already know. The balloon wasn't collecting and transmitting Intel about China! Letting the balloon traverse our country, including a number of sensitive sites, is criminal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol at the replies.

None of that makes any sense. I don't think you know how this works at all lol. Let the big kids chat for awhile and sit this one out.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hehehe
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:20:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
China is laughing their asses off right now they were allowed to go from Alaska Canada and the central United States all the way to the east coast and now its on the way out now it's disposed of ! what a joke this government is of course Biden is just a puppet  and is doing what he's told to do this sensor array should have been downed in Alaska
View Quote
Biden's Pentagon 'advisers' had a lot of trouble determining the balloon's gender.  Had to do that before penetrating the balloon's envelope with a potent phallic symbol.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Russell would have taken it out Wednesday

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Mission already accomplished
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Is this the U. S. Air Force's first official kill of a Chinese aircraft?
View Quote
We shot down many Chinese aircraft in the Korean War.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was an extremely high risk kill. If he missed, he'd never of heard the end of it.

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:21:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm only parroting what I read. I'm just a dirty/nasty leg...
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Great. 4 or 5 days of data gathered and transmitted.  Drop it in the drink and probably seriously fuck up the electronics.

Good job boyo, good job.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:21:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

It was either that or the F22 go it's entire service life without a kill decal.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good thing it was official.   ")
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Totally obliterated the hardware suite.  

Nice footage, though.
Page / 86
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top