BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 178
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 11:51:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JLH3:

Didnt Luthen have to take the "taxi" to the city from the spaceport?  I thought there was dialogue about how far the two were from each other. Like the Denver Airport.
View Quote

That's right...with that chatty salesman...
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 1:11:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Dog1:

View Quote

They should’ve had him sitting behind Syril and Scotty
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 1:28:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Didnt Luthen have to take the "taxi" to the city from the spaceport?  I thought there was dialogue about how far the two were from each other. Like the Denver Airport.
View Quote
He took a speeder this time.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 1:52:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By sixgunsblazing:
Slightly off topic but anyone watching Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas Special?
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 1:56:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By viralinsurgency:

Speaking of toys, remember that hard case, almost like the metal lunch boxes, with the tray inside that had individual slots for a dozen of the 3.5" tall action figures?  Think it was two layers of trays, so lots of them fit in there.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

Other than R1, the others for the most part are a hot mess compared to Andor.

SW with a story not designed to sell toys.

Speaking of toys, remember that hard case, almost like the metal lunch boxes, with the tray inside that had individual slots for a dozen of the 3.5" tall action figures?  Think it was two layers of trays, so lots of them fit in there.

I have one of those, it’s the old return of the Jedi version I think.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 2:04:09 AM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

That character was quite memorable since it's the actor who played Borch Threejackdaws in the Witcher.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 2:53:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sefus] [#7]
Originally Posted By liljim11:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmyAirborne:
Originally Posted By Naporter:

Agree. The full crew can stay in the cartoons, and also agree Zeb would be exceptionally difficult to get correct for live action, especially with their preference for practical effects over CGI

I could see Sabine being pulled into Mando at some point since she's part of the Darksaber arc, but tying in that many characters would be wholly unnecessary. We'll likely see her flight from Coruscant without much mention of what happened with the refueling stop.

If they want to do a nod to that, they could have The Ghost drop her off on Yavin without showing the crew. It did appear briefly in the background during Rogue 1.
Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Yeah that series will be all about the search for Ezra and Thrawn. Zeb is basically written out from the end of Rebels; he’s busy pounding any and all purple females to repopulate their race, so no worries there.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 5:20:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes

Agree. The full crew can stay in the cartoons, and also agree Zeb would be exceptionally difficult to get correct for live action, especially with their preference for practical effects over CGI

I could see Sabine being pulled into Mando at some point since she's part of the Darksaber arc, but tying in that many characters would be wholly unnecessary. We'll likely see her flight from Coruscant without much mention of what happened with the refueling stop.

If they want to do a nod to that, they could have The Ghost drop her off on Yavin without showing the crew. It did appear briefly in the background during Rogue 1.
Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 5:40:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By sixgunsblazing:
Slightly off topic but anyone watching Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas Special?
View Quote

Yep we watched it today. My 14yo said it was obviously low budget but we all liked it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 7:30:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Being brow beat over something he didn't even do.
View Quote

Made it seem like an authentic marriage to me.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 7:33:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By sefus:

Yeah that series will be all about the search for Ezra and Thrawn. Zeb is basically written out from the end of Rebels; he's busy pounding any and all purple females to repopulate their race, so no worries there.
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 7:43:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: macros73] [#12]
Andor was some of the best Star Wars I’ve seen in a few decades. Looking forward to season 2. Hopefully Andor helps prompt future and in production SW shows to step up their game.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:20:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HeyCoach] [#13]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By K2QB3:

When Luthen was riding his speeder back to the ship he was following the same route they did when they escaped Ferrix together.

I assumed he parked it in the same place. Careless, really. Or maybe it was just the only safe place to park.

Or maybe on purpose. Maybe he figured that after everything hit the fan that Cassian might be looking for a way off and he parked in a place that maybe he would come back to.

That was on the way to the town. When he and Cassian escaped from the company’s security team, they had a speeder.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:24:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:

That was on the way to the town. When he and Cassian escaped from the company's security team, they had a speeder.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:
Originally Posted By K2QB3:

When Luthen was riding his speeder back to the ship he was following the same route they did when they escaped Ferrix together.

I assumed he parked it in the same place. Careless, really. Or maybe it was just the only safe place to park.

Or maybe on purpose. Maybe he figured that after everything hit the fan that Cassian might be looking for a way off and he parked in a place that maybe he would come back to.

That was on the way to the town. When he and Cassian escaped from the company's security team, they had a speeder.

True. But it made me think there was a set spaceport and that's how Andor knew where Luthen's ship would be.  And my guess is the ships AI knew enough to let Andor in.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Luthen was giving off some Darth Maul vibes on that bobbed speeder…

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 4:08:54 PM EDT
[#17]

My daughter said the same thing to me. He definitely gave off a Maul vibe.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By rbutcher:

Live action introduction of the ghost crew would make me very happy if they do it right. But I hope they don’t mess up rebels. Rebels is one of my favorite Star Wars things.
View Quote

I dont know if we will see them in Andor but we have already seen a sneak peek of live action Hera.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#19]

True. But it made me think there was a set spaceport and that's how Andor knew where Luthen's ship would be.  And my guess is the ships AI knew enough to let Andor in.
View Quote
It's definitely a set spaceport.  In Episode 3 you can hear the computer say "now arriving at Ferris Terminal" when Luthen gets off the shuttle.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:35:45 PM EDT
[#20]

I felt this was an obvious hint. The two scenes were very similar. Park outside of town, ride to town on a speeder bike and where a dark hood.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 10:44:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By stoner01:
Did anyone else get Le Miserable vines at the end of that?
View Quote
Is that when you buy Red Vines at the dollar store and they're just actual vines?
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 10:50:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Samsound:
Is that when you buy Red Vines at the dollar store and they're just actual vines?
View All Quotes

Mr. Pibb and red vines equals crazy delicious!
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes

Vibe....
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 10:56:50 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
 I think Luthen just made a classic mistake and parked in the same area twice and thats how Cassian knew where to go find his ship.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 10:59:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Pokernut:
 I think Luthen just made a classic mistake and parked in the same area twice and thats how Cassian knew where to go find his ship.  
View Quote
Or, Cassian knows everyone in town.  He saw Luthen at the funeral, all he had to do was ask his buddies where his ship was parked.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 11:01:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Or, Cassian knows everyone in town.  He saw Luthen at the funeral, all he had to do was ask his buddies where his ship was parked.
View All Quotes
 Plausible.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 11:13:04 PM EDT
[#27]
I saw this on Reddit and thought it was cool.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/26/2022 11:24:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/195666/09BEA939-A496-45E0-9404-491F7B81ABB1_jpe-2615197.JPG
View Quote

New kink unlocked...

Fuck
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 12:39:53 AM EDT
[#29]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/195666/09BEA939-A496-45E0-9404-491F7B81ABB1_jpe-2615197.JPG
View Quote

Lots of cool fan art out there

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 12:44:36 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote
She needs to be captured and interrogated
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 1:00:50 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

This one is quite nice!
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 1:01:14 AM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes

Luthen messed up.  He has been slipping, like Kleya mentioned.  He got caught out by the arrestor cruiser last episode.  In the finale he parked in the same place because he thought, if Cassian was there, him or his gals would find Cassian - or the Empire would and he'd kill him.  He underestimated two things: Cassian's resourcefulness with not getting caught by the Empire, and the Ferrix people uprising against the Imperials.  The irony is he was immensely pleased with each.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 1:39:44 AM EDT
[#33]
A friend of mine has an Etsy shop. I texted her this evening about 3d printing Cassian’s blaster. She replied with these pictures.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 3:16:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Tempting.  I've got an Ender 3 v2 on my Christmas list.  I already have an Elegoo Saturn but resin isn't always best for those types of prints.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 5:46:32 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Anyone know what those metal things are on each shoulder that slide into their shirts?

Lights?  Pens?  Ornamental?  Never seen anyone grab and use them.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 7:08:50 AM EDT
[#36]

Anyone know what those metal things are on each shoulder that slide into their shirts?

View Quote

Code cylinders.

Read Up!
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

“Code cylinders”
Basically fancy secure network tokens
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 7:29:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: von_landstuhl] [#38]
Originally Posted By SciFiNut:

“Code cylinders”
View All Quotes

“Code cylinders”

^This.  In modern cybersecurity parlance, it's a component of multi-factor authentication:  something you know (a password or PIN), something you have (a token), something you are (biometrics).
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 12:41:34 PM EDT
[#39]

New kink unlocked...

Fuck
View All Quotes

New kink unlocked...

Fuck
I think of her as Imperial Ellen Degeneres.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:

^This.  In modern cybersecurity parlance, it's a component of multi-factor authentication:  something you know (a password or PIN), something you have (a token), something you are (biometrics).
View All Quotes

“Code cylinders”

Fortunately for many of the heroes in those stories, the Empire never seemed to develop biometrics technology.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

id think that is the point. only Cassian knew where he parked last…
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:

Fortunately for many of the heroes in those stories, the Empire never seemed to develop biometrics technology.
View All Quotes

“Code cylinders”

At least not a functional one. When Cut fled Salucemi, he did so without being recognized. The only face in the galaxy more recognizable than his was Palpatine's and he slipped through without being noticed.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

“Code cylinders”

Biometrics can also be faked.   In any case multi-factor authentication in needed.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By toadmeister:

Biometrics can also be faked.   In any case multi-factor authentication in needed.
View Quote
Imagine the database needed for a million worlds.  Even with space technology that's a huge hurdle.  The galaxy is simply too large for that kind of totalitarian government to exist.  That's why the ultimate goal was to construct a Death Star and rule through pure fear.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 1:56:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By happycynic:
Imagine the database needed for a million worlds.  Even with space technology that's a huge hurdle.  The galaxy is simply too large for that kind of totalitarian government to exist.  That's why the ultimate goal was to construct a Death Star and rule through pure fear.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By happycynic:
Originally Posted By toadmeister:

In one of the books that can’t remember is canon or not this month, there was something like 3billion+ inhabited planets in the SW Galaxy.   That’s a few beings to keep track off (not counting moons, stations, and outposts).
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 2:35:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By DaveyDug:

Code cylinders.

Read Up!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DaveyDug:

Code cylinders.

Read Up!

The rebels use them too, but a different style. I made myself a pocket screwdriver for work, just because.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:25:22 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

They did develop it eventually. Facial recognition is used in The Mandalorian, episode 15: The Believer. Mango takes off his disguise and let's the terminal scan his face so he can find Moff Gideon's position.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#48]
They are CACs or a SIPR Token depending on what system they are on.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 4:55:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bohr_Adam] [#49]

They did develop it eventually. Facial recognition is used in The Mandalorian, episode 15: The Believer. Mango takes off his disguise and let's the terminal scan his face so he can find Moff Gideon's position.
View All Quotes

That's a good point... sure seems to be underutilized, though.

There's few more cliché a scene in American TV than jail processing where they take the arrestee's fingerprints. Our society has been doing stuff like this since loooong before any computerized comparison methods. Doesn't seem to exist there.

I can understand database issues and the sheer scope problems, and this needing to access a local file to compare data obtained elsewhere. I can understand plenty of incompetence and gaps along the way.  But, we never really see it done. They can do DNA scans for mitichlorians, but there's no DNA samples associated with people in "the system."
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
They are CACs or a SIPR Token depending on what system they are on.
View Quote

But all readily defeated with a good R2 unit... or was getting R2 the key needed to access the Death Star associated with getting the plans themselves? Or is the canon that sustainment / infrastructure systems are protected differently than databases and information systems meant for non-droid interface (perhaps another oversight due to imperial conceit... even if ironic due to the recent history of actual droid armies.
Page / 178
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top