Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 180
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 11:42:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:
I think it's a possibility given that the Armorer and Paz seem to hang together. In season 1, did any of the other Mandalorians in the Navarro cover escape? Or were they all killed?

It's also possible that Ragnar is a founding claimed by Paz.  After all, Bo Katan calls Din Grogu's dad.

You figure, Bo Katan is probably late 40s or 50 at this point in the timeline. If the armorer is Rook Kast, she'd be of similar age. And that would line up with her being Ragnar's mom. If the Armorer is Ursa Wren, I don't think that math works out.
View Quote

Reminds me of what Harrison Ford told Mark Hamill on the set of Episode IV when Hamill was complaining about some continuity error (or something like that):

“Hey kid, it ain't that kind of movie.”
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 12:41:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
Grogu would have been 20 years old during that. Seeing that he's currently 50 years old yet is only as developed as a human toddler, I assume his memory is shot because of how young he was at that time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
Originally Posted By Furloaf:
Was Grogu...

Click To View Spoiler
Grogu would have been 20 years old during that. Seeing that he's currently 50 years old yet is only as developed as a human toddler, I assume his memory is shot because of how young he was at that time.

Yeah... but Gungans, man. Gungans.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 12:58:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MisterPX] [#3]
Mandalorian
Kyle Katarn
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 2:02:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Furloaf] [#4]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MisterPX:
Mandalorian
Kyle Katarn

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/50398/raw_png-2755932.JPG

Cassian Andor and Jyn Erso are an amalgamation of the character Kyle Katarn
Hell, the name Jyn Erso is really close to Jan Ors (Katarn's pilot).
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 2:49:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Grogu looks really janky.  I remember the only time Yoda came off as any form of Jedi was in the prequels and they had to CGI his character.  The puppet is just not working as he becomes more active and more than a toddler.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 3:02:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: uglygun] [#6]
Half way through season and we get a wet fart of an episode.

They are getting really fuckin lazy.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 3:18:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Loved the scenery, which is pretty much aerial footage of Lake Powell, Utah in its current drought state. You can see the water line on the rock face, and some of the prominent rock features in the show. Great episode!
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 6:50:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Both episodes were well done.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 7:04:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I’m not sure if that was Scorch in this most recent episode, but he’s been in a few episodes. Last season when the BB rescued Gregor, this season for the Zillo Beast episode.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 7:16:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Cool episode of Mando. Carl Weathers directed & did well!
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 7:41:59 AM EDT
[#11]
That was a fun episode.  Just cool, all around.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 7:57:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:
I’m not sure if that was Scorch in this most recent episode, but he’s been in a few episodes. Last season when the BB rescued Gregor, this season for the Zillo Beast episode.
View Quote

Pretty sure Howzer addresses Scorch by name.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:15:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By uglygun:

View Quote

The CGI during that “crab/rock” scene looked like something from a 90s ScFy channel original movie.

The lazy writing (everything having to do with the raptor, for example) is one thing.  However, the lazy AF CGI really is, with their budget and time, simply inexcusable.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah that was bad.  All of the mandolorians shooting/ fighting at the very beginning, the rock crabs, and the waves on the shore were pretty obvious. My kid's even commented on it before I did.  Overall I enjoyed the episode, but the pterodactyl didn't seem to elicit the type of urgency I would have expected. It's like they knew the kids was safe and would only be harmed if they surprise the beast.  No problem waiting a couple days.  Also, while I'm glad Ahmed Best got some screen time, his performance was lacking and unbelievable, imo.  And finally, I agree that the Grogu puppetry is going to have to change soon. It's getting tok hard to reconcile its limitations was the advancements the character is making.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Stonia:
Yeah that was bad.  All of the mandolorians shooting/ fighting at the very beginning, the rock crabs, and the waves on the shore were pretty obvious. My kid's even commented on it before I did.  Overall I enjoyed the episode, but the pterodactyl didn't seem to elicit the type of urgency I would have expected. It's like they knew the kids was safe and would only be harmed if they surprise the beast.  No problem waiting a couple days.  Also, while I'm glad Ahmed Best got some screen time, his performance was lacking and unbelievable, imo.  And finally, I agree that the Grogu puppetry is going to have to change soon. It's getting tok hard to reconcile its limitations was the advancements the character is making.
View Quote

They’re shooting nearly every scene in a 40 foot diameter round stage. And it shows.

The tech is impressive, but it has its limitations. They need to do some shooting on location, just rent a real beach for a couple days. It’ll look way more real. Plus you could actually have the actors run for more than 2 seconds at a time without cutting and starting a new take.

As far as the Grogu puppet, yeah. There’s a reason they kept him swaddled in loose clothes and kept him in that egg for the whole first season. It’s limited.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 9:51:34 AM EDT
[#16]
theres gotta be a time jump between s3 and s4. grogu cant be a toddler for any longer. that cuteness has worn off
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By stampkolektor:
theres gotta be a time jump between s3 and s4. grogu cant be a toddler for any longer. that cuteness has worn off
View Quote

Looking forward to PITA Grogu.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 teenage Groot end credits scene
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#18]
It is hard to believe the same people who produced Andor are producing this steaming pile.

I am get flashbacks of

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

That's my theory. They're going to write in a Yoda-species-specific growth spurt.

If he ages in a linear fashion, every Mandalorian he knows now will be dead by the time he starts talking.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#20]
This is not the way... Havent been impressed, barely entertained this season
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 11:58:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Enjoyed both episodes, but I don't take it as seriously as some here.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

The CGI during that “crab/rock” scene looked like something from a 90s ScFy channel original movie.

The lazy writing (everything having to do with the raptor, for example) is one thing.  However, the lazy AF CGI really is, with their budget and time, simply inexcusable.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By uglygun:

Some of the CGI is really good and some quite bad.  Wish it was consistently good all-around.  Some of the obvious Volume shots are really bothering me now, too.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 12:03:19 PM EDT
[#23]
I’m glad I don’t have the same problem as some of you. I shit my brain off and just let myself be entertained. I’ve been enjoying this season. I have not watched yesterday’s episode yet because I’m waiting for my daughter to want to watch it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 12:08:33 PM EDT
[#24]
So, did they bring back those chicks as food? Planning on training & riding them into battle? Just going to domesticate dinosaurs in one generation huh... I dont get it?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#25]
It's easy for me to shut my brain off... I don't have a lot of switches to throw...

That said, I did think that Jar Jar Jedi's acting was a bit off. He's not winning an Oscar.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 12:33:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ICU:
So, did they bring back those chicks as food? Planning on training & riding them into battle? Just going to domesticate dinosaurs in one generation huh... I dont get it?
View Quote

I believe they plan on riding it. Its looking like Bo gonna use the cult to get back into power and re establish Mandalore with the Mythosaur as her ride. Din and Grogu rise with her. worse, Din becomes King. uugh
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 12:43:25 PM EDT
[#27]

I believe they plan on riding it. Its looking like Bo gonna use the cult to get back into power and re establish Mandalore with the Mythosaur as her ride. Din and Grogu rise with her. worse, Din becomes King. uugh
View All Quotes

If Bo can get COTW to ride the dino-birds, and rides a Mythosaur then she deserves to lead.... plus wouldn't that be intimidating to have a bunch of super soldiers arrive in blast proof/resistant armor riding terrifying creatures?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 1:00:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fredegar] [#28]
View Quote

This part was handled poorly in the episode. The beast is a Shriek Hawk which is tied to Mandalorian lore, and therefore I assume they indeed to keep them and train them. Earlier in the episode the Armorer refers to the Shriek Hawk training team they have in the covert. The Shriek Hawk sigil is also used by Clan Vizlsa and is seen on Death Watch armor

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#29]
At the end of the episode I thought, is that it. Can't be over yet.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Got_Nukes:
View Quote

When bad batch episode is just as long as Mando episode...

Hoping that's not a trend
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By sh768:

That said, I did think that Jar Jar Jedi's acting was a bit off. He's not winning an Oscar.
View Quote

Dat wuz dat first bad Order 66 scene meesa ever seen, okeyday?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 1:27:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
I'm glad I don't have the same problem as some of you. I shit my brain off and just let myself be entertained. I've been enjoying this season. I have not watched yesterday's episode yet because I'm waiting for my daughter to want to watch it.
View Quote

Ditto. Beginning to think the only shows arfcom likes is Breaking Bad and Justified. Everything else is "bad cgi", "boring" or "woke".
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 1:32:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By mikepiet:

Ditto. Beginning to think the only shows arfcom likes is Breaking Bad and Justified. Everything else is "bad cgi", "boring" or "woke".
View All Quotes
I'm glad I don't have the same problem as some of you. I shit my brain off and just let myself be entertained. I've been enjoying this season. I have not watched yesterday's episode yet because I'm waiting for my daughter to want to watch it.

arfcom hates everything, except maybe Justified... and I bet there is a Justified hate thread that happened at some point

But you can't listen to GD generally speaking its mouth breathers and trolls
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 1:38:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By fredegar:

This part was handled poorly in the episode. The beast is a Shriek Hawk which is tied to Mandalorian lore, and therefore I assume they indeed to keep them and train them. Earlier in the episode the Armorer refers to the Shriek Hawk training team they have in the covert. The Shriek Hawk sigil is also used by Clan Vizlsa and is seen on Death Watch armor

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/448063/Capture_JPG-2756228.JPG
View All Quotes

Oh fuck yes! It’s about time Deathwatch is made official in the Mandalorian. Love me some Deathwatch. Paz is one of my favorite characters from the show.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#35]
I’m glad I don’t have the same problem as some of you. I shit my brain off and just let myself be entertained. I’ve been enjoying this season. I have not watched yesterday’s episode yet because I’m waiting for my daughter to want to watch it.
View Quote

yup, I try not to overanalyze it and just enjoy the escapism... This is the way
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 2:29:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: happycynic] [#36]

Reminds me of what Harrison Ford told Mark Hamill on the set of Episode IV when Hamill was complaining about some continuity error (or something like that):

"Hey kid, it ain't that kind of movie."
View Quote
Funny thing is the EU folks back in the 1990s actually filled in most of the gaps, making a coherent universe that largely made sense, for a sci fi universe anyways.  

Then Disney came and shat over everything.  

EU: So, after Endor, the Empire had no successor and broke into several warring states that the Rebellion was able to exploit to become the New Republic.

Disney: So there's this First Order and they just have a lot of huge capital ships and a superweapon and the Resistance only has a couple squadrons of starfighters.  What do you mean New Republic?  Fine, the Superweapon blows up their fleet.  What do you mean how did they one-shot a galaxy spanning empire of a million habitable worlds?  IT'S NOT THAT KIND OF MOVIE!
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

arfcom hates everything, except maybe Justified... and I bet there is a Justified hate thread that happened at some point

View Quote

I remember people complaining that it was shot in California and not on site in Harlan County lol
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Loved it, great episode. I just want to be a Mandalorian.  

"Bad Batch" is getting dark.  Torture now? We sure this is still a kid's show?  

Crosshair being apart from his brothers always kind of bothered me, but I suppose he was always the most independent of the group being the sniper. I'm really hoping for some kind of salvation for the Clones, but I have a bad feeling a lot of them are going to die.

Link Posted: 3/23/2023 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
Wife and I enjoy the show. We're entertained and I get to be a Star Wars geek.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 2:46:56 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

I don't like Justified.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By happycynic:
Funny thing is the EU folks back in the 1990s actually filled in most of the gaps, making a coherent universe that largely made sense, for a sci fi universe anyways.  

EU: So, after Endor, the Empire had no successor and broke into several warring states that the Rebellion was able to exploit to become the New Republic.

Disney: So there's this First Order and they just have a lot of huge capital ships and a superweapon and the Resistance only has a couple squadrons of starfighters.  What do you mean New Republic?  Fine, the Superweapon blows up their fleet.  What do you mean how did they one-shot a galaxy spanning empire of a million habitable worlds?  IT'S NOT THAT KIND OF MOVIE!
View All Quotes

Yup, except in the EU, the New Republic collapsed and the Imperial Remnant became the Galactic Alliance and later the Fel Empire. The Empire in the end were the good guys.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:

I don't like Justified.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/23/2023 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

I appreciate the education... Are these the same creatures from the first season that ripped open Karga's arm & Grogu healed it? Same planet or these things scattered around the galaxy?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

I’m almost worried they won’t be able to portray Thrawn as a villain in live action.

I, like everyone else, got introduced to the expanded universe with Heir to the Empire and the original Thrawn trilogy.

He really wasn’t portrayed as a bad guy. You could sympathize with his goals, admire his personality, and wish you had his insight into his enemies.

We needed the Empire to lose, but you never felt yourself rooting against Thrawn personally. He’s too damn smart, and charismatic. You always wanted to see what he had up his sleeve. One of the books, maybe called Outward Bound? had an awesome scene where Thrawn exploits every tactical advantage possible, and obliterates a fleet sent by Sidious.

Another funny thing about the EU is his sidekick, Pelleion, turned into a great character in his own right in the later books. Probably one of my favorite characters in Star Wars in fact.

Also, Chimaera is probably the coolest name every applied to a vessel in either fiction or real life.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 3:15:26 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Uh

Andor is GREAT. Disney can do it right.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Got_Nukes:

After next week it won't be.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By TacticalGarand44:

I’m almost worried they won’t be able to portray Thrawn as a villain in live action.

I, like everyone else, got introduced to the expanded universe with Heir to the Empire and the original Thrawn trilogy.

He really wasn’t portrayed as a bad guy. You could sympathize with his goals, admire his personality, and wish you had his insight into his enemies.

We needed the Empire to lose, but you never felt yourself rooting against Thrawn personally. He’s too damn smart, and charismatic. You always wanted to see what he had up his sleeve. One of the books, maybe called Outward Bound? had an awesome scene where Thrawn exploits every tactical advantage possible, and obliterates a fleet sent by Sidious.

Another funny thing about the EU is his sidekick, Pelleion, turned into a great character in his own right in the later books. Probably one of my favorite characters in Star Wars in fact.

Also, Chimaera is probably the coolest name every applied to a vessel in either fiction or real life.
View Quote

I'll agree with that about Thrawn and Pelleion. I read the Zahn books in junior high and loved them.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Liked both episodes and was entertained
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Yup, except in the EU, the New Republic collapsed and the Imperial Remnant became the Galactic Alliance and later the Fel Empire. The Empire in the end were the good guys.
View Quote
Something like the Roman Empire would be the only way to govern a society that large. Centralized military, decentralized everything else. Just don't put a Sith Lord on the throne.  
Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top