Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 38
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A girl could weed out the players and the subsequent broken heart/soiled reputation by insisting on courtship, an engagement ring, vetting by her father or father figure (if Dad's a shitbag), and a set wedding date before allowing any man past first base but that would mean losing her turn to get freaky with smooth talkin' Chad Thundercock and she isn't about to miss out on that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think it's a game. Being picky isn't a positive trait. Idk what else to tell you. That's probably a difference between men and women, men don't like to play games in relationships. We say what we mean and don't throw up unnecessary hoops to jump through. We've got bigger fish to fry than that.

It seems most American women feel unless they are making things unnecessarily convoluted then they might be missing out on something. Not a good thing.
To be fair, many men do 'play games' to get into a woman's pants.
A girl could weed out the players and the subsequent broken heart/soiled reputation by insisting on courtship, an engagement ring, vetting by her father or father figure (if Dad's a shitbag), and a set wedding date before allowing any man past first base but that would mean losing her turn to get freaky with smooth talkin' Chad Thundercock and she isn't about to miss out on that.
She also frequently gets treated very poorly by peers and ‘dates’ along the way, as well as being accused of all manner of manipulative, evil intentions.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
She also frequently gets treated very poorly by peers and ‘dates’ along the way, as well as being accused of all manner of manipulative, evil intentions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think it's a game. Being picky isn't a positive trait. Idk what else to tell you. That's probably a difference between men and women, men don't like to play games in relationships. We say what we mean and don't throw up unnecessary hoops to jump through. We've got bigger fish to fry than that.

It seems most American women feel unless they are making things unnecessarily convoluted then they might be missing out on something. Not a good thing.
Certain groups of women will look out for each other no matter how vile or evil she acts. As long as it’s kept away and out of sight of boyfriends or prospective boyfriends. A gf who is cheating on a bf will not be ratted out by her best friends

Certain women will make themselves seem chaste to other women or groups of women

I have seen major drama when a guy bangs the friend of a gf

But that same group of women allow a man they want to be passed around among all the girls in a group
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 8:47:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A girl could weed out the players and the subsequent broken heart/soiled reputation by insisting on courtship, an engagement ring, vetting by her father or father figure (if Dad's a shitbag), and a set wedding date before allowing any man past first base but that would mean losing her turn to get freaky with smooth talkin' Chad Thundercock and she isn't about to miss out on that opportunity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A girl could weed out the players and the subsequent broken heart/soiled reputation by insisting on courtship, an engagement ring, vetting by her father or father figure (if Dad's a shitbag), and a set wedding date before allowing any man past first base but that would mean losing her turn to get freaky with smooth talkin' Chad Thundercock and she isn't about to miss out on that opportunity.
Plenty of girls have healthy relationships with sex prior to marriage.

Just like guys, they should be taught what's healthy and its not
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Certain groups of women will look out for each other no matter how vile or evil she acts. As long as it’s kept away and out of sight of boyfriends or prospective boyfriends. A gf who is cheating on a bf will not be ratted out by her best friends

Certain women will make themselves seem chaste to other women or groups of women

But that same group of women allow a man they want to be passed around among all the girls in a group
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gal pals.

The girl could be 100% in the wrong, but they'll back her cause its her right to do what she did to make her happy.

Its counter productive.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
That last part's true; but no matter how beautiful these women are, it is NOT worth it, period.

Do NOT let a woman you've slept with set you up with one of her friends. A) it's probably a trap. And B) If it involves multiple women after you, eventually, one of them is going to want you for herself, and shit will go sideways.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 9:24:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That last part's true; but no matter how beautiful these women are, it is NOT worth it, period.

Do NOT let a woman you've slept with set you up with one of her friends. A) it's probably a trap. And B) If it involves multiple women after you, eventually, one of them is going to want you for herself, and shit will go sideways.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A real fucked up set of circumstances

When it’s the guy choosing the friend, it’s major drama

When it’s the girl allowing the friend it’s OK
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of the ladies here seem to think women don’t enjoy sex.  That’s sex is something that deceptive boys do to nice girls by tricking them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Some of the ladies here seem to think women don’t enjoy sex.  That’s sex is something that deceptive boys do to nice girls by tricking them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do they? To be honest,  i haven't seen such a thing.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 10:18:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just like women will do devious shit to make time with a guy
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 10:25:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, women enjoy sex quite a lot. Much more than a lot of men seem to believe.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yet you’re playing games right here. It’s clear from context that I mean “picky” in the sense of being selective, not being picky in the sense of silly requirements to make things more complicated.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 11:01:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I enjoy swimming.  But I don't want someone to bring me to a lake filled with alligators and tell me the water is great here.

Fully consensual and both on the same page about what it means is absolutely fine.  But don't act like some men using deceptive measures to get someone into bed and then running like hell because he only saw her as a cum dumpster isn't a thing.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 12:41:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's a combination of factors.

Some factors are anecdotal.  My ex has no libido.  None at all.  No matter how much I focused on her experience.  I'm having to overcome the impressions that resulted.

Some factors are documented.  HSDD is consistently documented in notably higher rates among women than men.

More conditions need to align for women to get in the mood than for men.  Sure, a particular woman can get potentially very turned on.  Maybe even more than her man, but when it involves jumping through a bunch of extra hoops for hours or days ahead of time it can become ridiculous.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
What makes you think that?
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 1:12:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Some factors are anecdotal.  My ex has no libido.  None at all.  No matter how much I focused on her experience.  I'm having to overcome the impressions that resulted.

Some factors are documented.  HSDD is consistently documented in notably higher rates among women than men.

More conditions need to align for women to get in the mood than for men.  Sure, a particular woman can get potentially very turned on.  Maybe even more than her man, but when it involves jumping through a bunch of extra hoops for hours or days ahead of time it can become ridiculous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Undesired sex

When you live through that it’s horrible
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#16]
While this song has very "G" rated, family friendly lyrics, the lyrics provide a real warning to women aout hypergamy, riding the c@ck carousel, and "hitting the wall" from circa 1970.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nNxzQsQheQ
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Took me back in time

Michael Jackson at his peak before the pedophilia

Link Posted: 8/1/2018 5:17:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yet you're playing games right here. It's clear from context that I mean "picky" in the sense of being selective, not being picky in the sense of silly requirements to make things more complicated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet you're playing games right here. It's clear from context that I mean "picky" in the sense of being selective, not being picky in the sense of silly requirements to make things more complicated.
If you don't mean picky why not just say selective? I've heard so many doozies on these threads I take everyone at what they say. Not hard to believe when a woman says she wants to be picky. Why would anyone have a hard time believing that? If anything I'd say that's standard  now.  OKcupid poll claims 80% of men are rated below average attractiveness. How is that not indicative of mass pickiness?
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 5:29:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If you don't mean picky why not just say selective? I've heard so many doozies on these threads I take everyone at what they say. Not hard to believe when a woman says she wants to be picky. Why would anyone have a hard time believing that? If anything I'd say that's standard  now.  OKcupid poll claims 80% of men are rated below average attractiveness. How is that not indicative of mass pickiness?
View Quote

killswitch has a point there.  Men were actually more generous than women in rating attractiveness of the opposite sex.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
killswitch has a point there.  Men were actually more generous than women in rating attractiveness of the opposite sex.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Online game is dead
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 6:16:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
It was crystal clear in context. You just wanted an argument.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 6:40:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Online game is dead
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Online game is dead
Its not what it used to be anyway.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 9:38:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The borderline slut shaming by some of the female posters here.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 10:00:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
And women tend to be more generous in tolerating a partner being overweight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
killswitch has a point there.  Men were actually more generous than women in rating attractiveness of the opposite sex.
And women tend to be more generous in tolerating a partner being overweight.
Also true.  Women are also more likely to stay with a seriously ill spouse.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 10:21:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

In the context in which she was speaking, no man is "needed". As in, no specific woman absolutely needs a man to wife her up. Spinsters can do just fine on their own in terms of making ends meet, feeding themselves, and surviving day to day existence. A relationship is lovely, but a spouse isn't necessary for survival. That was previously only something men could decide whether they wanted in their lives, barring the good graces and financial security of a woman's family. And she was still considered a social oddity and pitied at best.

I thought the contextual nature of her comment was fairly obvious, but perhaps I was mistaken.
View Quote
Well, the Treasury disagrees with your 'spinsters do fine' beliefs.

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/economic-policy/Documents/The%20Economic%20Security%20of%20American%20Households-The%20Economic%20Security%20of%20Older%20Women.pdf
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, that’s a bizarre conclusion you came to.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I took 2 days to think about his statement

Not bizarre, he is on point

Borderline is the perfect word here

On the fence

The question men ALWAYS ask

Why can’t women say what they mean?

Women will not state their true intentions

Women have to continue with the facade

If they told the truth it would hurt everybody with women being hurt the most
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 12:17:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

On the fence

View Quote
Yeah, your support isn’t really helping his position.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 12:23:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the fence

Me you and him have different positions, thank god

He does not need my help, I am not on either one of your sides here, not you, not him

His use of the word borderline is perfect

I say what I got to say
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 12:33:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is interesting, yeah it does indeed look like women are more picky (now?).  My first thought was self-selection too, maybe the most attractive guys just weren't on OKcupid.  Nope.
https://techcrunch.com/2009/11/18/okcupid-inbox-attractive/

"Women, on the other hand, are harsh with their ratings. According to the study, they rate a whopping 80% of men on the site as ‘below average’. My first guess was that there was an issue with self-selection here (i.e. unattractive men congregate on the site for whatever reason). But the study includes photos of four pretty normal looking guys who were all rated to be unattractive. And perhaps more telling: women don’t seem to be opposed to actually contacting these men that they’ve just deemed unattractive."

From another VooDoo3dfx post, there was a video of what women want video.  The basics of facial attractiveness is that more women rate guys with chiseled looks as more attractive.  So getting fatter lowers a guy's facial attractiveness... and we're becoming a nation of soft bodies.  Take Chris Pratt for instance.  Now I imagine most gals found him an attractive dude before, but now that he got himself in shape he's one of Hollywood's top stars and I'm sure women find more attractive.

Link Posted: 8/2/2018 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This is interesting, yeah it does indeed look like women are more picky (now?).  My first thought was self-selection too, maybe the most attractive guys just weren't on OKcupid.  Nope.

"Women, on the other hand, are harsh with their ratings. According to the study, they rate a whopping 80% of men on the site as ‘below average’. My first guess was that there was an issue with self-selection here (i.e. unattractive men congregate on the site for whatever reason). But the study includes photos of four pretty normal looking guys who were all rated to be unattractive. And perhaps more telling: women don’t seem to be opposed to actually contacting these men that they’ve just deemed unattractive."

From another VooDoo3dfx post, there was a video of what women want video.  The basics of facial attractiveness is that more women rate guys with chiseled looks as more attractive.  So getting fatter lowers a guy's facial attractiveness... and we're becoming a nation of soft bodies.  Take Chris Pratt for instance.  Now I imagine most gals found him an attractive dude before, but now that he got himself in shape he's one of Hollywood's top stars and I'm sure women find more attractive.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/78/7a/d7/787ad78e9bf062d9e35f733b24483009.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Imagine right now the amount of options women have, she can literally reach out to 10,000 guys in an instant

Guys would have to be billionaires, captains of industries, celebrities, Emirates princes to even get close to those numbers. These guys will sure be picky. Remember the rotation Tiger Woods had?
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Imagine right now the amount of options women have, she can literally reach out to 10,000 guys in an instant

Guys would have to be billionaires, captains of industries, celebrities, Emirates princes to even get close to those numbers. These guys will sure be picky. Remember the rotation Tiger Woods had?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it's lopsided and always has been, just how it is.  Any reasonable attractive woman just needs to set up a profile with some pics and watch the inbox get bombed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 1:20:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yeah, it's lopsided and always has been, just how it is.  Any reasonable attractive woman just needs to set up a profile with some pics and watch the inbox get bombed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't that just mentality/nature though? Men approach women far more than women approach men?
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
"Must be this tall to ride"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My point for this is that in THIS thread there are a lot of posts of how unrealistic her expectations are and how she wants the perfect man or some super special dude.  The fact that ticking off half the boxes on that list makes a man (according to the ones here) *super special* is what's clearing things up for me regarding this oft-lamented aspect of *women nowadays* who won't settle.  
All her boxes would be super special. Plus the guys here comparing themselves to the list are being biased towards themselves. I’ve seen the pics.

Subnets a supercool dude. But he is disqualified physically because of her minimum height standard and fitness standards. He thinks he checks half her boxes. As a single guy who plays this game for real, that’s not how it works. He checks no boxes because he is disqualified for height and fitness.
I think this is a critical aspect of what women have come to "expect". Think of it like a night club. To get in the door (IE a date), you have to get past the bouncer. A bouncer makes judgements based on your appearance, and that is what happens first thing. She judges you based on how you look. Some bouncers will let you in the door if you're not 6', some won't. More practical women will not need a guy 12" taller than them, other women will demand it, even if it makes their dating pool 83% smaller than it was if they were open to guys sub 6'.

Personally, the tallest woman I ever dated was 5'7". I'm 5'8". We met online and she liked my profile and knew how tall I was beforehand. Some will care, some won't. Its like guys who demand a woman have 34DD boobs. Its an arbitrary thing you can't fix or change and just as silly of a requirement.
This.
I went on a date with a woman about my height (about 6'). She rejected me for being "too" short, despite complaining that there were very few guys who were both tall and dateable.

That's a clue.

King of Manlets!

ETA: I hadn't lied about my height before meeting in person either. She knew I wasn't "tall".
"Must be this tall to ride"
Gains seemed to have negated that in the past.
(even "blue collar ripped")
I think height really was her thing/fetish.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 1:34:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Isn't that just mentality/nature though? Men approach women far more than women approach men?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Problem is some dating websites / apps require the woman to make the first move.

Its.. odd.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But it's also how a man looks at that 10000 guys statement. If the woman is decent looking everyone of those 10000 want her.

Have you ever had a 100% batting average when talking to women? Of course not .
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It may have been that way before cellphones, or it seemed that way

Men can initiate contact but it’s the woman that starts the pursuit once the ball starts rolling

With cellphones that pursuit is on steroids
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And here you are arguing and splaining. Let's see how long you can stretch this out.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 1:59:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Women, on the other hand, are harsh with their ratings. According to the study, they rate a whopping 80% of men on the site as 'below average'. My first guess was that there was an issue with self-selection here (i.e. unattractive men congregate on the site for whatever reason). But the study includes photos of four pretty normal looking guys who were all rated to be unattractive. And perhaps more telling: women don't seem to be opposed to actually contacting these men that they've just deemed unattractive."

And that's a large part of why LTRs in the US are on the rocks. Almost no men will be on par with any woman unless he is willing to look 2 - 3 notches down on the attractiveness scale. The bottom line is women can almost always get someone else/ better. It's a numbers game and hundreds of new prospects are coming in all the time.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 2:00:22 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the context in which she was speaking, no man is "needed". As in, no specific woman absolutely needs a man to wife her up. Spinsters can do just fine on their own in terms of making ends meet, feeding themselves, and surviving day to day existence. A relationship is lovely, but a spouse isn't necessary for survival. That was previously only something men could decide whether they wanted in their lives, barring the good graces and financial security of a woman's family. And she was still considered a social oddity and pitied at best.

I thought the contextual nature of her comment was fairly obvious, but perhaps I was mistaken.
Well, the Treasury disagrees with your 'spinsters do fine' beliefs.

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/economic-policy/Documents/The%20Economic%20Security%20of%20American%20Households-The%20Economic%20Security%20of%20Older%20Women.pdf
Lord bless, y’all are some non-comprehending individuals.

Nowhere did I state that spinsters will do fine in all cases across the board. I said they can do fine. As in, the opportunity is there, should they choose to make an effort. They are only limited by their personal drive and will to succeed, not a legal structure that bars them from decent employment opportunities, property ownership, or the ability to conduct legal and financial business in their own names. They don’t need a man to do those things for them or sign off that it’s ok. Whether they do or not is on them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

He does not need my help, I am not on either one of your sides here, not you, not him

I say what I got to say
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the fence

I say what I got to say
"Me you and him"

He, I and you

Link Posted: 8/2/2018 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Premarital sex is all risk and no benefit to the female - or the male, for that matter.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 3:09:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
killswitch has a point there.  Men were actually more generous than women in rating attractiveness of the opposite sex.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Women have hypergamous selection baked in by evolution, men don't.

Different reactions to it are cultural; that it is, is biology.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Premarital sex is all risk and no benefit to the female - or the male, for that matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Must be plenty of benefits if its happening all the time now.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the fence

I say what I got to say
"Me you and him"

He, I and you

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/371244/englishmf-627277.gif
LOL

Way to deflect
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that's what makes most of these discussions a moot point. It's already clearly been decided.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 3:32:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Lord bless, y'all are some non-comprehending individuals.

Nowhere did I state that spinsters will do fine in all cases across the board. I said they can do fine. As in, the opportunity is there, should they choose to make an effort. They are only limited by their personal drive and will to succeed, not a legal structure that bars them from decent employment opportunities, property ownership, or the ability to conduct legal and financial business in their own names. They don't need a man to do those things for them or sign off that it's ok. Whether they do or not is on them.
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
getting rid of a nut isn't a benefit?

Maybe you mean the con's outweigh the pro's? But even then every man and woman has their own list.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 3:46:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Problem is some dating websites / apps require the woman to make the first move.

Its.. odd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its.. odd.
SJW derp?
Page / 38
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top