Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll never understand why people argue over this stuff.

I'm a Christian, albeit a horrible one that doesn't go to church, but I could care less what anyone else thinks or believes.

We're all individuals and as such we all have different beliefs, which is healthy, and helps us all think about our positions, or at least it should.

I believe that the big bang did happen, science has proven it, so what is there to argue about? Certainly doesn't change my beliefs.

Have a great Sunday evening boys, don't take shit so seriously, none of us are getting out alive.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:39:33 PM EDT
[#2]
So what came BEFORE the big bang? And what came before whatever came before the big bang
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Absolutely not, that seems retarded. However, I also question how God came to exist. I’m a cynic I guess.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:42:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So what came BEFORE the big bang? And what came before whatever came before the big bang
View Quote

Problem is, “before” becomes a pretty ambiguous term in that context.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:45:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The standard answer is the universe expands and then will eventually collapse back into a giant ball which will then explode again.  It recycles.

But nothing can explain how it all started.  So the universe has gone through 100 trillion "cycles" as the story goes.  Well, how did it start... "in the beginning"

Science can't ever explain that.  It's not possible.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:47:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I believe life on earth is a product of God our creator. I believe marxism is a product of satan the liar and destroyer.
View Quote

QFT.

You and I could be friends.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:47:54 PM EDT
[#7]
The only thing that I am 100% certain of, is that I don't know....and that I will most likely go to my grave not knowing.
Not very comforting, but true for probably all of us...which is why I think its important to embrace mortality and enjoy life as best we can.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Liberalism was Definitely Not the result of Intelligent Design.
View Quote

Liberals are miniature black holes out there destroying everything.
They're quite dense too.

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:50:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So I don't want to get too deep in this, but if God is real, who created him?
View Quote

Alpha and Omega. And since there is no such thing as nothing, God has always been.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am astonished that people believe this.

The Big Bang is one of the dumbest theories ever.
View Quote
except that the evidence supports the hypothesis.

Perhaps you have a better hypothesis that can be supported by peer reviewed evidence.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:52:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Alpha and Omega. And since there is no such thing as nothing, God has always been.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is I Am, who is, was, and will forever be.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

LMFAO the smug emoticon of ignorance.
View Quote

Someone left this one out in space...
It's kinda bad ass actually.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#13]
But wait- what’s out there beyond the end of the universe?
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:55:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#15]
There have been easily a thousand religions with creation stories and varying number of deities involved.

Explain how you think YOUR one brand of religion and the other 999 arent.

And then let’s go into why your one of a hundreds sects/denominations is the correct one.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:58:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you think this is a reasonable explanation?

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#17]
If you view the universe as a giant turtle, then it's obvious: a big egg. The big bang is no more than remnants of this egg.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:00:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
There have been easily a thousand religions with creation stories and varying number of deities involved.

Explain how you think YOUR one brand of religion and the other 999 arent.

And then let’s go into why your one of a hundreds sects/denominations is the correct one.
View Quote

At best, God is a hypothesis with as much merit as darwinism.  There is no proving God.  And what separates science from God is faith.

It's up to you and me to figure out who or what God is.

Religion is nothing more than a guy (leader/pastor/priest) who seems to know more about it than you do and can teach it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:05:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:07:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Also, where did all of the stuff come from that was blown up by the Big Bang? Why is the stuff here? Who or what made the stuff? I stay up at night thinking about this shit.
View Quote

Start with Wikipedia
Then YouTube various science / physics channels.

Better explanation than any you’ll get here
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't know if there is a God. I don't know if there isn't a God. Big Bang? Evolution? Sure. Whatever. Divine Creation? Sure. Whatever.

What I struggle with is the fact that humans are self aware. How did we get that? We have this miraculous ability to question our own existence and origin. Do animals do that?  Does any other living thing do that? How the hell did we get to where we are intellectually? I'm not saying there is or isn't a God, but it sure is curious that we have these insane analytical abilities. We can read. We have math. We recognize that there is science. We've left our planet. Monkeys don't do that. I want to know where all of that stuff came from.
View Quote

Because God created us in his image. God is a spirit, we are a spirit, and his spirit is within us. He is a creator, and in his image we are also creators. Have you ever been moved, felt the chills before by beautiful music or a fine work of art? That is the spirit within you. You have the power to awaken his spirit within you by welcoming him into a relationship of praise, and prayer, and reading his word. God created science, He created scientists, scientists use everything that He created. If you want to go deeper, read his word. The Holy Bible has all of the answers you will ever need, there is so much power and wisdom in his word.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:16:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

How many people pray for something similar and it never happens?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not me, I know where this all came from, its in Old Testament, Genesis.  

My 16 year old dog appeared to be on his last few weeks, his front leg wasn't working for him.  I asked Jesus to help him, next day we woke up and he is walking as normal.   Jesus did that.

When judgement day comes I have many things to be ashamed of in my life, but I believe God sent his only begotten Son 'Jesus Christ' to die for my sins and I will spend eternity in Heaven with my Heavenly Father

All prayer is answered. The answer may be yes, no or not yet.  Just my opinion, and worth what you paid for it.

If I’m wrong, what have I lost?
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The standard answer is the universe expands and then will eventually collapse back into a giant ball which will then explode again.  It recycles.

But nothing can explain how it all started.  So the universe has gone through 100 trillion "cycles" as the story goes.  Well, how did it start... "in the beginning"

View Quote
No.  That's not the standard answer.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If you view the universe as a giant turtle, then it's obvious: a big egg. The big bang is no more than remnants of this egg.
View Quote
What if it was just one normal sized turtle with six eggs?
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So briefly, what is?
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:30:41 PM EDT
[#26]
I believe God created the Universe.

He is beyond our understanding.

Hebrews 11:3
By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

How BIG Is God? An Incredible Perspective!

https://www.openbible.info/topics/universe
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This isn't well thought out.

Not as good as the ways that expressly deny the existence of God. Like communism.  

If religion was doing such a great job of "controlling people" as you say, why didn't they just stick with it and not invent the communism, which expressly denies the tenets of all religions?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How can you believe some old guy with magical powers, who lives in the sky, just created everything from nothing? Religion was just a made up way to explain things away and to control people. It really works great to control people.

Not as good as the ways that expressly deny the existence of God. Like communism.  

If religion was doing such a great job of "controlling people" as you say, why didn't they just stick with it and not invent the communism, which expressly denies the tenets of all religions?

The "they" that invented communism were just another group competing to control people. You can either control through politics, or religion.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:36:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I question your headline, "random explosion".

The rapid expansion of the universe within the first few fractions of a second is well established with empirical proof.

Literally no one knows what happened before that, so calling it either "random" or an "explosion" is speculation and not part of the scientific theory.

The big bang was not the start of the universe, either, it's something that happened a fraction of a second after what may have been the start--but since we have no data on that earlier fraction of a second we can't even say it was the start (nor can we say it was not).
View Quote
This.  

I would also point out that this was a theory proposed by a priest, so claiming it to be some atheist conspiracy demonstrates lots of people to be ignorant twats.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:39:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
What if it was just one normal sized turtle with six eggs?
View Quote

Yes. A normal sized turtle with six eggs would do (similarly, a large turtle with three eggs).
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:43:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

God is beyond any of our understanding.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:45:08 PM EDT
[#31]
If nothing existed, then what exploded?
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:45:48 PM EDT
[#32]
God is the creator.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:46:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Are you angry? You sound angry. And is it strange to not believe in God, use it as an excuse to steal then pray for forgiveness?

Seems like you believe but you're just angry at God for not giving into your tantrum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not me, I know where this all came from, its in Old Testament, Genesis.  

My 16 year old dog appeared to be on his last few weeks, his front leg wasn't working for him.  I asked Jesus to help him, next day we woke up and he is walking as normal.   Jesus did that.

When judgement day comes I have many things to be ashamed of in my life, but I believe God sent his only begotten Son 'Jesus Christ' to die for my sins and I will spend eternity in Heaven with my Heavenly Father

Pray in one hand and shit in the other. I can guarantee which one will fill up first.

I found out at a young age how "religion" worked. I wanted a bike real bad. I prayed and prayed. I did my chores. I gave to the collection basket at church. I prayed some more, and still no bike. So I went and stole a bike, and prayed for forgiveness.

Are you angry? You sound angry. And is it strange to not believe in God, use it as an excuse to steal then pray for forgiveness?

Seems like you believe but you're just angry at God for not giving into your tantrum.

What tantrum? Is saying that your way of being edgy? The part about the bike was borrowed from a stand up comedy routine.
Emo Philips on How God Works

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The "they" that invented communism were just another group competing to control people. You can either control through politics, or religion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How can you believe some old guy with magical powers, who lives in the sky, just created everything from nothing? Religion was just a made up way to explain things away and to control people. It really works great to control people.

Jesus came to set us free, from desires of the flesh, from the snares of Satan, because of his sacrifice we are no longer bound by sin, we are free. His yoke is easy, and his burden is light. Obedience to him is freedom from this wicked world. God created us with free will so the choice is our own.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:47:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yet you claim he is real.  Without the ability to understand.  Do I understand this correctly?

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:48:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Everything existed, then it expanded.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:48:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
God is the creator.
View Quote
Demonstrate this please.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:48:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You spend all that time proving something, what are you going to do with that information?  Useless exploration.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is the best model that we have to explain things currently, since everything outside of our galaxy is moving away from us faster than the speed of light. What led up to it, and what started the expansion is anyone's guess.

Yup.

That's the cool thing about science, it allows questions be asked and tested.

You spend all that time proving something, what are you going to do with that information?  Useless exploration.
He says without irony, posting from a computer on the internet.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:49:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

God is beyond any of our my understanding.
View Quote

FIFY. The rest of us do understand.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:50:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok... then what caused everything to exist before expanding?
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:51:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know.  We don't know.  Nobody knows.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:54:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can’t create something from nothing. God is the catalyst.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:54:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You can't create something from nothing. God is the catalyst.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't create something from nothing. God is the catalyst.
Okay.  God came from?
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#44]
It wasn't an explosion you idiots.

It was an expansion

Guess what the expansion is still happening it hasn't stopped.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:56:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was simple enough for the Jews of B.C. times to understand and accept. They were witnesses to God's miracles and awesome power! If anybody can't understand it then they don't know the meaning of the word faith.

Moses had faith in God's plan to lead his people to the promised land. The Pharaoh had his own plan and his faith was only in the equipment of his army. Pharaoh was hell bent on getting those Jews but it wasn't until God tore the wheels off their chariots that all their faith was lost, then they knew that they were doomed. God kept his promise to his people.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:56:37 PM EDT
[#46]
OP needs to learn more about what the Big Bang theory really is.
Also, given that the visible universe is expanding faster than the speed of light, we can't see all of His creation.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:00:19 PM EDT
[#47]
No I do not
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:02:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I believe in God, and the Big Bang.
Fite me u gays.
View Quote

Why would your god be so limited that he couldn't set all this in motion?

My god can create the Big Bang, and the cosmos, and evolution.

My gods pretty baller.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:04:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You can never prove a theory, you modify it based on facts as they are discovered.

At least on the science side, new information is always being discovered.

On the other side they have an old book.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You can never prove a theory, you modify it based on facts as they are discovered.

At least on the science side, new information is always being discovered.

On the other side they have an old book.

So it just theoretical and cannot be proven…..ok, gotcha.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:08:24 PM EDT
[#50]
There are good reasons to believe scientific explanations for the beginnings of the universe over religious explanations.  The scientific explanations, all versions, for the beginning of the universe are based on actual observations and calculations and are presented with the explicit purpose of being tested and questioned when results don't match predictions.  The religious explanations are fully expected to be taken at face value even though they fail at explanations for many far more ordinary things.

The prohibitions on testing alone shows religion to be based on lies.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top