Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Elon Musk's Twitter/X. (Page 275 of 279)
Page / 279
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 11:12:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

They are really pissed he isn't their lackey like Zuckerburg.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 11:15:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Musk had been moving the right way for a while, but damned if he didn't go full on accelerate. Good for him.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 11:15:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Morlawn66] [#4]

Twitter censored and colluded with .gov against the Trump campaign .Musk exposed it .
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 11:50:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#5]
This number is going to go WAY UP...
Attachment Attached File

Vs.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 1:14:01 AM EDT
[#6]
People on this site still believe that 81 million people voted for an incoherent geriatric, who did not campaign and can't get a million followers while in office.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 1:20:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By RSG:

Now that is some SPICE
View Quote

HAhahah dear lord please tell me this is true! Elon's got the meme game.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 8:38:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Advance:

So you're telling me that Venezuela will go through 10 days of darkness?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

So you're telling me that Venezuela will go through 10 days of darkness?

What a strange Question to ask.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 8/13/2024 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By not_sure:

View All Quotes

The irony is ridiculous.  That more people don't realize it is scary.

I spent the last two days in a situation where about all I could do was watch MSM news.  It's bad, folks.

Link Posted: 8/13/2024 9:59:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GU4PNX3bYAAtcPR?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

I would assume his friend has a larger dog than the one pictured.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 6:30:49 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote
I believe that's Elon's dog.  I've seen a similar looking one in an interview.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 8:53:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By RaptorFuel:
View All Quotes

Elon has a dog that does interviews! Cool
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 9:10:11 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

That is the first time I've seen Elon say anything about the people physically/violently being able to fight back.  Given all the threats from EU about prosecuting him for "incitement" it is obvious he does not care what their governments and police think.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 9:18:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By SWIRE:

That is the first time I've seen Elon say anything about the people physically/violently being able to fight back.  Given all the threats from EU about prosecuting him for "incitement" it is obvious he does not care what their governments and police think.
View Quote
Agreed. They seem to be creating the monster the try and stamp out.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 9:19:10 AM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

The gaslighting by the left is ridiculous and I don't see how they aren't getting called out on it.  They have Soros, Zuckerberg, and Gates all dumping millions of dollars into funding liberals but scream because one high profile billionaire donated to Trump.  In 2020 according to Forbes 25% of American billionaires gave money to Biden while only 14% gave money to Trump.  Yet the Dems claim it is the Right trying to use money to "control democracy".
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 9:25:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By APPARITION:

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 8/14/2024 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Link to the dog interview here:
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#20]
He should offer to interview Harris.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By brownbomber:
View Quote

Now that would be an event.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 10:20:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 10:24:05 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

I believe he already has.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 10:28:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

He did.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#26]

The gaslighting by the left is ridiculous and I don't see how they aren't getting called out on it.  They have Soros, Zuckerberg, and Gates all dumping millions of dollars into funding liberals but scream because one high profile billionaire donated to Trump.  In 2020 according to Forbes 25% of American billionaires gave money to Biden while only 14% gave money to Trump.  Yet the Dems claim it is the Right trying to use money to "control democracy".
View Quote

They always accuse you of what they're doing
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 1:58:35 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Also, I saw Musk say in an interview with Lemon that literally 99% of the political donations made by Twitter employees were to democrats.  Actual number.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 2:12:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By dragoontwo:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/14/2024 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 5:33:24 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
He did.  No response
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 10:50:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AK-12:

Pretty much anyone anywhere. It is human nature to the point of if your significant other accuses you cheating, there is a high probability that they are cheating on you.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 10:52:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By OG1:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OG1:

"Who radicalized you? You did."
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:45:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Subnet] [#33]
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 2:24:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Sub, I hear you for sure, but at this point I am glad my favorite AA owns it, rather than them.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 2:45:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Subnet:
I guess, but it seems like a pale imitation of what we used to have, or at least pretend we had. I dunno.

From the day it went live to the public (I remember it well, being the nerd I am), I've never really understood Twitter. It has always struck me as a ham-fisted way of some giant megacorp with gazillions of venture capital dollars, desperately trying to convince me that they had a solution to a problem I didn't (and still don't) genuinely have. It's as if three dudes in their early 20s were SMS texting each other in a group chat, and went "You know what would be cool? If the entire world could see this, maaaan. Just like this, with all the stupid limitations of this, but like...in a web browser. And no longer private - the whole world could listen in" (and later as an "app" on a phone, I guess). And I would have, at the time, been the third man out in that chat going "Eh...naw, man. Just...no. WTF? WHY?!!"

But what do I know? Obviously. Definitely missed the boat on that. I guess.

To the extent that Twitter/X is some kind of bastion of free speech, I suppose it only is, to the extent that it's capable of linking to sites/articles/etc where meaningful examples of that are actually happening. But on the platform itself? Ugh. I just don't get it. Never did. I feel like it brings out the worse in humanity. This was the case before Elon bought it, and it's still the case now. It's a fuckin' sewer. Hell, it made Jordan Peterson (of all people) lose his God damned mind a few times.

And this is kind of unrelated (or is it?), but like...most of the population of the United States does not actually use it with any regularity. Like...at all. Never did, and still doesn't. But to listen to breathless media/blog/YouTube/TikTok /etc accounts of current things, you'd swear it was the heartbeat of America. It just isn't. It never was. It's not real.
View Quote

You just described GD. You are also looking at the darkest part of Twitter. You know there are many other facets of Twitter. Much like this website and others, the political side can be very dark.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 3:28:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 3:34:34 AM EDT
[#37]
I guess, but it seems like a pale imitation of what we used to have, or at least pretend we had. I dunno.

From the day it went live to the public (I remember it well, being the nerd I am), I've never really understood Twitter. It has always struck me as a ham-fisted way of some giant megacorp with gazillions of venture capital dollars, desperately trying to convince me that they had a solution to a problem I didn't (and still don't) genuinely have. It's as if three dudes in their early 20s were SMS texting each other in a group chat, and went "You know what would be cool? If the entire world could see this, maaaan. Just like this, with all the stupid limitations of this, but like...in a web browser. And no longer private - the whole world could listen in" (and later as an "app" on a phone, I guess). And I would have, at the time, been the third man out in that chat going "Eh...naw, man. Just...no. WTF? WHY?!!"

To the extent that Twitter/X is some kind of bastion of free speech, I suppose it only is, to the extent that it's capable of linking to sites/articles/etc where meaningful examples of that are actually happening. But on the platform itself? Ugh. I just don't get it. Never did. I feel like it brings out the worse in humanity. This was the case before Elon bought it, and it's still the case now. It's a fuckin' sewer. Hell, it made Jordan Peterson (of all people) lose his God damned mind a few times.

And this is kind of unrelated (or is it?), but like...most of the population of the United States does not actually use it with any regularity. Like...at all. Never did, and still doesn't. But to listen to breathless media/blog/YouTube/TikTok /etc accounts of current things, you'd swear it was the heartbeat of America. It just isn't. It never was. It's not real.
View All Quotes
X is the World's newspaper, TV news, online forum and public square. If Elon can keep it open, free and fair it will change humanity.

Imagine Hitler and Mussolini trying to rise if a non-biased Twitter was around. You have heads of state, politicians, pundits, pollsters, citizen reporters, spies, news orgs, OSINT, etc. all with equal footing and all trying to control the narrative. The masses get to decide. Power to the people.

If Elon and Trump are still around in 12 months, it will be an act of God.

I agree with you mostly. Twitter is inferior communication, even compared to forums.

So why is it popular? Because people are stupid. They want instant gratification and constant updates with everything reduced to sound bites. Or in this case single sentence to paragraph descriptions or witty comments.

The only reason it's in the news media is due to the fact that it's generally faster and more accurate to get the daily happenings from X than the legacy media that is generally slow and stupid with Communist propaganda filters applied.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 4:00:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 5:33:10 AM EDT
[#39]
This part in red. I'm disputing this part. I think it's only popular to people who live online (like us?), and I don't think they're (we're) anywhere close to a majority. It doesn't really matter, in the end.

I think those of us who obsess over this shit, are probably doing so in a bubble. And that's probably going to be hard for a lot of us to hear, because it's going to challenge really fundamental assumptions about reality. Which is never pleasant.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

I agree with you mostly. Twitter is inferior communication, even compared to forums.

So why is it popular? Because people are stupid. They want instant gratification and constant updates with everything reduced to sound bites. Or in this case single sentence to paragraph descriptions or witty comments.

The only reason it's in the news media is due to the fact that it's generally faster and more accurate to get the daily happenings from X than the legacy media that is generally slow and stupid with Communist propaganda filters applied.
This part in red. I'm disputing this part. I think it's only popular to people who live online (like us?), and I don't think they're (we're) anywhere close to a majority. It doesn't really matter, in the end.

I think those of us who obsess over this shit, are probably doing so in a bubble. And that's probably going to be hard for a lot of us to hear, because it's going to challenge really fundamental assumptions about reality. Which is never pleasant.
I dunno man, I think that group pretty much includes anyone born after 1980.  That's a lot of voters.

And the ones not using Twitter/X or other equally bad social media platforms to stay informed are instead relying on mainstream "news" channels, which are just as bad.  Probably worse, since they carry with them an unearned reputation for accuracy and integrity.

Ultimately though the brainwashing of America was a multiple-front offensive (media, education, race, sex, TV commercials, Sesame Street - everything), immersing the public in subtle social and behavioral conditioning for decades.

Time to pay the piper.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 6:33:16 AM EDT
[#40]

Attachment Attached File

He says he is a moderate?  Sounds like he is in denial about his political beliefs.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 6:52:11 AM EDT
[#41]
It's not real.
View Quote

Twitter's logo was a bird.  Birds aren't real.  Twitter is the governments online surveillance drone.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 8:49:39 AM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes
X is the World's newspaper, TV news, online forum and public square. If Elon can keep it open, free and fair it will change humanity.

Imagine Hitler and Mussolini trying to rise if a non-biased Twitter was around. You have heads of state, politicians, pundits, pollsters, citizen reporters, spies, news orgs, OSINT, etc. all with equal footing and all trying to control the narrative. The masses get to decide. Power to the people.

If Elon and Trump are still around in 12 months, it will be an act of God.

And yet, this "not real" thing has been built and used in a very real fashion in the realm of public perception in multiple areas of society by your ideological opponents.

It doesn't matter if you "get it" or not, it is(slightly less now) a tool used by the opposition, so one should probably try to limit it's effectiveness or use it for your own benefit.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 9:11:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#44]
I really don't think this is actually all that true. I think it's always just been corporate hype, to try and draw advertisers in - from the day it went public, to the day Elon bought it. And terminally online folks (like us?) thought it was real. It wasn't. It isn't. I still kinda think the whole thing has always been a grift.

Hell, I'm not even sure that most of the traffic isn't just AI bots at this point. Seriously - I don't think it's all that real, or reflective of American society as a whole. It's an illusion.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

And yet, this "not real" thing has been built and used in a very real fashion in the realm of public perception in multiple areas of society by your ideological opponents.

It doesn't matter if you "get it" or not, it is(slightly less now) a tool used by the opposition, so one should probably try to limit it's effectiveness or use it for your own benefit.
I really don't think this is actually all that true. I think it's always just been corporate hype, to try and draw advertisers in - from the day it went public, to the day Elon bought it. And terminally online folks (like us?) thought it was real. It wasn't. It isn't. I still kinda think the whole thing has always been a grift.

Hell, I'm not even sure that most of the traffic isn't just AI bots at this point. Seriously - I don't think it's all that real, or reflective of American society as a whole. It's an illusion.

You can believe what you want.

Meanwhile, the media, the government, corporations and institutions will use social media to broadcast their messaging to millions and millions of people, every single day.

Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:01:33 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

The fact that left was and still is screeching because it was sold, the fact that MANY high level people were "former" CIA, FBI, DHS, etc., the fact that governments are talking about regulating it and/or indicting its owner, the fact that 80%+ of its staff was gotten rid of and it still functions (because it's no longer an activist organization) says that you're dead wrong on this one.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By t75fnaco3pwzhd:

He did.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By t75fnaco3pwzhd:

He did.

Well, I guess that silly ass ho doesn't have anything to bitch about then, amiright?
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 1:30:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 2:08:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#48]

X puts a 1911 in the place of the water pistol.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 2:25:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

X puts a 1911 in the place of the water pistol.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/255381/IMG_5803_png-3295148.JPG
View Quote

Isn’t that what the gun emoji use to be? Maybe it was a revolver, I can’t remember.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

Isn’t that what the gun emoji use to be? Maybe it was a revolver, I can’t remember.
View Quote

I think it was a revolver.
Page / 279
Elon Musk's Twitter/X. (Page 275 of 279)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top