BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Elon Musk's Twitter/X. (Page 60 of 279)
Page / 279
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#1]
What year did Zagat get gobbled up?

I will mark that as the official year the "old internet" died.

I loved Zagat.

There were no shills, no idiots. Just reliable reviews allowing sorting by categories.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:14:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chokey:
View Quote

Obviously I know what the NDA stands for but not the -RTRS.

Help a brotha out?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:31:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RoccoOnFire] [#3]
Originally Posted By SkilletsUSMC:

Help a brotha out?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Help a brotha out?

I think they are just quoting their source, and RTRS stands for Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/deals/elon-musk-says-twitter-legal-team-told-him-he-violated-an-nda-2022-05-15/
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:46:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By RoccoOnFire:

https://www.reuters.com/markets/deals/elon-musk-says-twitter-legal-team-told-him-he-violated-an-nda-2022-05-15/
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RoccoOnFire:

Help a brotha out?

That makes sense with the space before the dash I guess.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:04:08 AM EDT
[#5]
twitters legal team has not been put into a single room box with no enviro-mental controls yet?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:32:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: anothermisanthrope] [#6]
The Tesla CEO added that there is "some chance" the number of fake and bot accounts "might be over 90% of daily active users", although Twitter told the SEC last month that the total was under 5% of its 229 million month active users. He also suggested users were being "manipulated" by Twitter's algorithm.
View Quote

Hindenburg said Musk could pay the $1 billion break-up fee tied to the takeover and still come away with a better deal if he were to re-negotiate, noting his "significant leverage" over the micro-blogging website and the lack of a competing offer.

"Musk holds all the cards here," Hindenburg said. "If Elon Musk's bid for Twitter disappeared tomorrow, Twitter's equity would fall by 50% from current levels. Consequently, we see a significant risk that the deal gets repriced lower."
View Quote

https://www.thestreet.com/markets/twitter-stock-slides-as-elon-musk-reveals-spat-with-legal-team

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#7]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By anothermisanthrope:
The Tesla CEO added that there is "some chance" the number of fake and bot accounts "might be over 90% of daily active users", although Twitter told the SEC last month that the total was under 5% of its 229 million month active users. He also suggested users were being "manipulated" by Twitter's algorithm.

Hindenburg said Musk could pay the $1 billion break-up fee tied to the takeover and still come away with a better deal if he were to re-negotiate, noting his "significant leverage" over the micro-blogging website and the lack of a competing offer.

"Musk holds all the cards here," Hindenburg said. "If Elon Musk's bid for Twitter disappeared tomorrow, Twitter's equity would fall by 50% from current levels. Consequently, we see a significant risk that the deal gets repriced lower."

https://www.thestreet.com/markets/twitter-stock-slides-as-elon-musk-reveals-spat-with-legal-team

Musk is playing them like a fiddle. He’s in the ultimate power position.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:43:43 AM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes

I'm a little rusty on my multi-billion dollar social media acquisition procedures ...

Why would Musk be subject to the $1B pull-out penalty if the deal was made under false pretenses?

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#9]
What exactly is a "fake account" on Twitter?

Using an account with a twitter handle of "HonestAbe" rather than "Abraham Lincoln" - - would that be a fake account?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

Holy shit!

Before this is over Musk might force the SEC’s hand into jailing or at least seriously fining the board.

We’ve known they manipulate the shot out of views & likes but it sounds like the truth is coming out.  If even half of the Twitter sphere is bullshit the same is likely true of Facebook and IG.

I’m not holding my breath but it would be hilarious if this prompts some kind of social media renaissance where only real users are allowed.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By spidey07:

View Quote

He is going to tank them, expose them, then buy back for pennies on the dollar.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:57:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By chadjetlag:

View All Quotes

Precisely. 3d chess.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File

Had a feeling.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:

The CDs only came in after a long campaign of floppies. The floppies could at least be re-used, if I recall correctly.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SnowboundinNH:
Originally Posted By transplanted:
Originally Posted By WinstonSmith:

We were fucked long before then.  My mission in life is to build a time machine so I can go back, find whoever invented the free AOL disks, and strangle them in their crib.

@WinstonSmith

What's an AOL disk?

@transplanted

Back in the old timey days we had to load software on our computers to use the internet. Well, not necessarily to use the internet but to connect to whoever our internet provider was so they could give us access to the internet. Discs for AOL usually came bundled with a new computer, plus AOL sent them out as junk mail so every couple of weeks you’d get an AOL disc (a CD) in the mail.

The CDs only came in after a long campaign of floppies. The floppies could at least be re-used, if I recall correctly.

I was PISSED when AOL went to CDs from the floppies. I hadn't had to buy a 1.44 floppy for 2 or 3 years.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#15]

The CDs couldn't be rewritten, just used as beer coasters or microwaved to make art.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

Floppies and CD's could be reused

The CDs couldn't be rewritten, just used as beer coasters or microwaved to make art.

I used a bunch of the floppies, the CDs were trash.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By David0858:

View All Quotes

Worse was net zero. Free dial up with a banner and the slowest connection around.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:25:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tortilla-flats] [#17]
I still have Visual Studio v4.0 for both 16-bit & 32-bit on 1.44 floppies. One day, I'll glue them all to a big board and hang it on my wall.

Anyone want to buy my TWTR stonks?

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:27:29 AM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

The CDs made good targets at the range, though mine didn't allow them, etc.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:30:34 AM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

the cds were great fun to put in the microwave for 10 seconds.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By LurchAddams:

Using an account with a twitter handle of "HonestAbe" rather than "Abraham Lincoln" - - would that be a fake account?
View Quote

An account that exists and doesn't have a 1:1 relationship with a real person.  

A computer controlled account that trends what you tell it to trend, and represents itself outwardly as being a real opinion.

Most of these are probably created and operated by twitter itself, which is the underlying problem.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By fargo007:

A computer controlled account that trends what you tell it to trend, and represents itself outwardly as being a real opinion.

Most of these are probably created and operated by twitter itself, which is the underlying problem.
View All Quotes

Sounds really criminal from a sec point of view
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Lomshek:

Holy shit!

Before this is over Musk might force the SEC’s hand into jailing or at least seriously fining the board.

We’ve known they manipulate the shot out of views & likes but it sounds like the truth is coming out.  If even half of the Twitter sphere is bullshit the same is likely true of Facebook and IG.

I’m not holding my breath but it would be hilarious if this prompts some kind of social media renaissance where only real users are allowed.
View All Quotes

Holy shit!

The value of the company rests entirely on the quantity of real, human users.

If they misrepresented that, they have committed fraud by over-inflating the value of the stock.

Fraud not only in the sale of the company to Musk, but they would have also been committing fraud against the shareholders as well.

A sample size of 100 clearly indicates to me that they are scared fucking shitless of the 5% number they committed themselves to.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:40:52 AM EDT
[#23]

Holy shit!

View All Quotes

Holy shit!

That's some Enron level shit. I don't see how the SEC could avoid jailing people.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Mr_Nasty99:

That's some Enron level shit. I don't see how the SEC could avoid jailing people.
View All Quotes

Holy shit!

meh, no reasonable prosecutor etc etc
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:49:37 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Twitter's official number not being remotely accurate would break a number of financial laws, on top of all the election tampering laws they are already breaking en mass
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Holy shit!

They'll just ignore it like all feds do
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:51:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Fourays2:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fourays2:

Holy shit!

With a market cap of $31 billion, there will be a lot of people losing millions of dollars if Twitter has been faking it's daily users.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:55:42 AM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Holy shit!

Vanguard, BlackRock, Morgan Stanley, and Fidelity are some of the largest shareholders of Twitter.

It's going to be hard to ignore when those players lose their ass, because Twitter has been lying this entire time.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:57:36 AM EDT
[#29]

Vanguard, BlackRock, Morgan Stanley, and Fidelity are some of the largest shareholders of Twitter.

It's going to be hard to ignore when those players lose their ass, because Twitter has been lying this entire time.
View All Quotes

Holy shit!

Billionaires probably don't have to worry about getting justice.  Just us peasants
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Sounds more like musk is trying to expose/kill Twitter than buy Twitter.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Precisely. 3d chess.
View Quote

@spidey07

I wish our side would learn how to play checkers right before trying to play chess.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:13:39 PM EDT
[#32]

Twitter's official number not being remotely accurate would break a number of financial laws, on top of all the election tampering laws they are already breaking en mass
View Quote

Worse case scenario some people and the company itself get some yuge fines.

No one is going to jail.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:15:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
I still have Visual Studio v4.0 for both 16-bit & 32-bit on 1.44 floppies. One day, I'll glue them all to a big board and hang it on my wall.

Anyone want to buy my TWTR stonks?

View Quote

Speaking of old tech, I set up an XP VM through HyperV on Windows 10 to run a MSDOS program from 1987 over the weekend. As Windows 10 doesn't natively have an XP Virtual Mode like W7 did, this required downloading the XP Mode exe, but since that is no longer supported by MS, all the links to the download are dead. So a trip through the Wayback Machine was required, and thankfully there was a link and download.

A little archive extraction and a file extension rename to .vhd gives a working copy of XP. Mount the VHD in Disk Management and move the MSDOS program to C:\, unmount and create the VM though Hyper-V, finish the XP install and we have a working VM that runs the program.

Quick call to the activation center and presto, a running and activated copy of XP in a VM on Windows 10 to run an MSDOS program from 1987.

I was born in 1988 btw

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:28:51 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Former share holders will then go after current management for damages ?
I would think EM would not agree to accepting responsibility for current management financial screw ups.

Jay
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:30:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By kncook:

View All Quotes

It could be both. Expose them, send the wokes responsible for it to jail, and then buy it for pennies on the dollar.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:31:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#36]
What year did Zagat get gobbled up?

I will mark that as the official year the "old internet" died.

I loved Zagat.

There were no shills, no idiots. Just reliable reviews allowing sorting by categories.

View Quote

2012 sounds about right for the death of the old internet.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By AZCOP:

I would think EM would not agree to accepting responsibility for current management financial screw ups.

Jay
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZCOP:

Jay

It would be change if ownership. He cannot be held liable for previous mismanagement or false filings of a public company.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:33:05 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

I think he intends to “get both”
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:36:28 PM EDT
[#39]
I think he intends to “get both”
View Quote

I hope his intent is to do what it takes to get people acting to have America ran by Americans again.  

The bitter truth: the whole world is a lie.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#40]

It could be both. Expose them, send the wokes responsible for it to jail, and then buy it for pennies on the dollar.
View All Quotes

It really looks like, he's playing a poker game with them where he's pushing them in on what they're claiming to be/have.

"Oh you have only 5% bots? Really nowww."
[Pushes in pile of chips]

"Oh there's no AlgorithmTM serving a left-elite agenda while killing the site? Reallllly...."
[Pushes in another stack of chips]

Etc.

It's amazing, Twitter and the media's freakout over this, is all because he's asking Twitter if what they're claiming to be true, is actually true.
They cannot handle it.

What's funny is, I really do personally believe Jack told him everything. He knows what questions to ask, he knows which claims to push, he knows what the real numbers are, and he's doing a "drip drip drip" to twitter's woke executives and janitors.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Holy shit!

Well maybe so, but said companies are run by fellow travellers of the Twitterites, and they are fellow leftists so maybe they would be forgiven?   More likely the lefties will turn on each other, which will be very entertaining.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:43:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: exDefensorMilitas] [#42]
Originally Posted By Geralt55:

It really looks like, he's playing a poker game with them where he's pushing them in on what they're claiming to be/have.

"Oh there's no AlgorithmTM serving a left-elite agenda while killing the site? Reallllly...."

Etc.

It's amazing, Twitter and the media's freakout over this, is all because he's asking Twitter if what they're claiming to be true, is actually true.
They cannot handle it.

What's funny is, I really do personally believe Jack told him everything. He knows what questions to ask, he knows which claims to push, he knows what the real numbers are, and he's doing a "drip drip drip" to twitter's woke executives and janitors.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Geralt55:

Etc.

They cannot handle it.

I'm still of the belief that Jack is a case of a Founder and CEO who's company was taken in a direction he didn't want when he brought in outside people. At least to some extent.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:51:03 PM EDT
[#43]

Billionaires probably don't have to worry about getting justice.  Just us peasants
View All Quotes

Holy shit!

the majority that work at those places are the same peasants you speak of.  this fuckery hurts them too.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:54:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By billclo:

Well maybe so, but said companies are run by fellow travellers of the Twitterites, and they are fellow leftists so maybe they would be forgiven?   More likely the lefties will turn on each other, which will be very entertaining.
View All Quotes

Holy shit!

despite their official stances and the woke stuff going on, I'd wager there are way more conservatives working at those places than most people think.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:55:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades] [#46]

View All Quotes

Holy shit!

No, MrNasty is right. Massive financial institutions aren’t just going to take the L. If it was only middle class retail investors getting fleeced nothing would happen but when rich and powerful people get duped and lose billions of dollars the SEC is going to do something, they have to or the credibility of the whole system comes into question.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:

the majority that work at those places are the same peasants you speak of.  this fuckery hurts them too.
View All Quotes

Holy shit!

Nobody is gonna throw anyone in jail, not the millionaires nor the janitors
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Kind of like the many shill/commie/troll accounts right here.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Holy shit!

I bet he thought so too

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:05:47 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mblades:

Holy shit!

I bet he thought so too

https://t0.gstatic.com/licensed-image?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8OZ6LmT4Ms1QsZNvBlwhpRmP_T3ndq8X7LfGmjS7PWpgoEahTHvPP4ZF8rl86

Twitter is part of the liberal agenda they are safe as their crimes would reflect back upon the dems and FBI in a criminal light....

Nothing to see here move along
Page / 279
Elon Musk's Twitter/X. (Page 60 of 279)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top