Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I would be interested in a non-fucky Tesla "truck."
What did the alternate sketch look like?

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#2]
5000lb trailer - 300 miles - 30 degrees F

That should be the starting standard for any electric truck.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:45:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope I can get one.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

Elon considered that to be the best-looking if that gives you any clues. Would have been fun to see.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Has the Cybertruck not already launched?  I thought it had recently.  I saw a Cybertruck with other Tesla models on an car transport heading west out of Austin last week and assumed it meant it was in production.
View Quote

Yeah, I find this article confusing. The other day there was an article about Pepsi in CA using a fleet of the Tesla electric trucks.

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:46:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah, I find this article confusing. The other day there was an article about Pepsi in CA using a fleet of the Tesla electric trucks.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has the Cybertruck not already launched?  I thought it had recently.  I saw a Cybertruck with other Tesla models on an car transport heading west out of Austin last week and assumed it meant it was in production.

Tesla semi truck.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:47:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Powerful like a gorilla.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Lead designer:

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Muh F150
Muh ‘Rado
Muh Sierra
Muh UAW
Muh ‘Merica

View Quote

User name checks
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 1:13:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Powerful like a gorilla.
View All Quotes

Yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 1:19:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This interview illustrates why Musk is successful.  He deals in reality.

Most of the companies I have worked for, faced with this kind of self inflicted wound, the owners and senior execs would steadfastly avoid any responsibility for setting unrealistic goals, continue to claim that solving the problems should be relatively easy to handle, and push the issue down to the mid level managers to solve.  When they fail, it's THEIR fault, fire and hire, rinse and repeat.
View Quote

That last part is certainly his competition's way.  At least it is how the big 3 typically operate.  Especially GM from my experience with these huge Hummer/Escalade sized EVs and the boondoggle Cadillac Celestiq.  

The huge money pit that the Celestiq has been so far in development is astounding for the volume that will be produced.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 1:19:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The thing is a monstrosity. Was bound to fail from the concept.
View Quote

It’s not failing because of its looks, he is saying it’s already to popular and there is too much demand
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 1:22:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#16]
It's special all right.  Ugly.  Expensive.  Expensive to repair.  Expensive to insure.  Ugly.  And dumb.  And impractical.  And ugly.  Did I mention ugly?

But he's rich, and it's his grave.  Carry on, Elon.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Haha...this one got raked by gunfire
https://twitter.com/teslaownersSV/status/1715407593378898329?t=78KADnOW0XYbhFfbf9b7yw&s=19
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Oh look, masked idiots drooling over an idiotic truck.  

The damn thing is a turd.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27564/IMG_8527_jpeg-2997823.JPG
View Quote

I love how GD this comment is.  "People in masks looked at one, so I hate it."  
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 1:27:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Elon Musk has a problem discerning between reality and video games.

Sorry Elon, as much as you want it to be, life is not a CGI video game.
View Quote

True.  Elon is in that elitist class where he smells his own sh*t and thinks it's wildflowers.

However, when it comes to 2A stuff, GD also smells his sh*t and calls it wildflowers.  So there's that.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Cybertruck is bulletproof (according to Elon lol)

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 1:29:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Elon would do well to diversify into hydrogen combustion engines. That is the future. EVs are an obvious dead end.

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 1:32:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Why the fuck do people think a 'truck' that looks like a 5yr old designed it so fucking good looking? At least make it look something like a truck, Rumbler-ish from the Dark Knight isnt gonna be easy to build.
View Quote

The design is actually pretty brilliant. Trucks are a hard market to break into because of the brand loyalty around them. People love their Dodges, Fords, etc... Only way to break into the market in a big way is to produce something drastically different. The only way to compete with the big auto makers in this market is to avoid competing by offering something completely different. The Cybertruck is a radical change from normal trucks because it would otherwise just be a Rivian and Rivian will never have a dominant share of the market.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I could build 25 million of those in my garage with a sheet metal brake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why the fuck do people think a 'truck' that looks like a 5yr old designed it so fucking good looking? At least make it look something like a truck, Rumbler-ish from the Dark Knight isnt gonna be easy to build.

I could build 25 million of those in my garage with a sheet metal brake.

Maximum doubt
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Cybertruck is bulletproof (according to Elon lol)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F85ctSOXMAALADZ?format=png&name=900x900
View Quote

Try that with a .223.  I dare him.  Double dare.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 1:36:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Circus stunt with a stripped out body mounted to jig. ALL the underpinnings were missing.

"But muh Elon put a car in to space!"

No. No he did not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Circus stunt with a stripped out body mounted to jig. ALL the underpinnings were missing.

"But muh Elon put a car in to space!"

No. No he did not.

He didn't launch a car with every original piece, so he didn't launch his car to space with his rocket......your butthurt with Musk is reaching new levels.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Elon needs to add a black smoke blowing nut coal burning generator option for us.
View Quote

Exactly.  A "bite this, ford boy" sticker in the window, or a set of balls hanging off the rear bumper would likely draw in quite a few members here.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 2:08:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It’s not failing because of its looks, he is saying it’s already to popular and there is too much demand
View Quote

My exact problem with women. Must be true.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 2:17:14 PM EDT
[#28]
I mean, the man is nothing if not entertaining.

"We dug our own grave..." just isn't something you'd expect to hear in anyone else's earnings call.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 3:45:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I mean, the man is nothing if not entertaining.

"We dug our own grave..." just isn't something you'd expect to hear in anyone else's earnings call.
View Quote

I remember the first time I heard him say it while talking about the lunar starship proposal.

He meant it in a very literal sense there.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#30]

My thoughts exactly lol

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:05:57 PM EDT
[#31]
73rds drum through a Tommy gun.

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:11:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Out of context is out of context.

He said it off hand becuase it’s been a hard ramp up. Simple as that.

It’s hard. He recognizes it’s harder than they thought.

That’s it.

Flash back to “our factories are giant money furnaces”

Doomed gonna doom.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:13:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

https://electrek.co/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2023/08/Tesla-Cybertruck-Toyota-Tundra-wrap.jpg?quality=82&strip=all

Still fucky.
I mean one that looks like a normal vehicle, not my spaz of a 5 year old drawing something.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#34]
I also can’t wait for a 100% mad win America truck to out race and out tow any of the Hecho en Mexico POS brodozers out there.

And finally make that noise ubiquitous with slow and weak.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:39:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Elon would do well to diversify into hydrogen combustion engines. That is the future. EVs are an obvious dead end.

View Quote

Obviously.   You should really talk to Elon, I’m sure he’s tired of waiting on hold.  He’s just giddy with all the great ideas you have.

Quoted:

Try that with a .223.  I dare him.  Double dare.
View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Careful not to set the bar too high, my 2500 big 3 truck cant do that...but i can fill it up in 5 minutes or less.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Everything we know says the opposite tho.

MAYBE long haul trucking. Probably not though.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:53:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Careful not to set the bar too high, my 2500 big 3 truck cant do that...but i can fill it up in 5 minutes or less.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’ll spend far far more time at gas stations with your f150 than a tesla truck will.

Since your gas station will be at your home.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As you said, maybe.

When you see all the headaches that NASA has with using hydrogen as a fuel. Maybe it's not a good idea to trust that kind of thing to Billy Bob's Truck Stop in the middle of freaking nowhere.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Yeah, it is damn ugly but Musk has already done the impossible a few times so I am sure he knows a lot that I don't.
I doubt I will ever own an electric car. I doubt I will ever own a 1 ton diesel dually too but that doesn't mean nobody else wants one.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Obviously.   You should really talk to Elon, I’m sure he’s tired of waiting on hold.  He’s just giddy with all the great ideas you have.

Why?
View Quote

Because who actually owns a Thompson and uses it?  Because the .45 acp is not known as a particularly powerful round?  Because why not use a .22 lr for bragging rights, instead?  Because why not use something more ubiquitous, like the 5.56?

I dunno.  Why not?
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Like a bolt on Ferrari kit for a Fierro
View Quote
More like a Fierro kit on a Ferrari.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That thing looks like an El Camino fucked a DeLorean
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 8:43:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I’m sure that means the world to Elon.    

However, you didn’t listen to anything He said.    

He can sell Millions today.    And lose money on each one.

But, he’s gonna make it up on Volume.
View Quote

No, he said he can sell a small quantity today and lose money on them. It's going to be years until they've made a million. That's exactly the problem he's describing - if they could make a million next year then they'd have no problem being profitable very quickly.

This is manufacturing 101. High costs to get started that have to spread across a volume of product in order to be profitable at a reasonable price so you lose money while ramping the production line.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 8:56:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You’ll spend far far more time at gas stations with your f150 than a tesla truck will.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. That’s what the GD mouth breathers don’t seem to comprehend, with a Tesla you wake up every morning with a “full tank”.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 9:04:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Wait until the Teamsters start burning and sabotaging entire yards full of their trucks. They think they have supply problems now...
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 9:09:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Because who actually owns a Thompson and uses it?  Because the .45 acp is not known as a particularly powerful round?  Because why not use a .22 lr for bragging rights, instead?  Because why not use something more ubiquitous, like the 5.56?

I dunno.  Why not?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

I dunno.  Why not?

I’m going to guess the truck would be rated about level 3A and maybe not even that. It being slightly armored is a byproduct of using SpaceX stainless.

Whatever level armor rating the truck would be, it’s a higher rating than any other major manufacturer has.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 9:18:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Until you want to pull your camper the nearly 500 miles from Detroit, MI to Lake Superior Provicial Park, Ontario.  Then my gas burner will spend under 1/2 hour making gas stops vs the Tesla's ??? hours.

I bring this up because it is a typical MI vacation profile.  Only 20% of MIs population live N. of US-10.  The other 80% of us pull our campers and boats a few hundred miles on a Friday night to go north for vacation.  I picked LSSP as my destination because it or something similar in N. Ontario is a common destination for me.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 9:22:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Until you want to pull your camper the nearly 500 miles from Detroit, MI to Lake Superior Provicial Park, Ontario.  Then my gas burner will spend under 1/2 hour making gas stops vs the Tesla's ??? hours.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actual range of the CT hasn’t been published yet. I wouldn’t use the f150 or rivian as the benchmark either.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top