Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 89
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:22:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The newly minted transplants here are acting like panicked Karens and are hoarding everything they can, mostly they are fighting with each other. LOL

I wonder how may are going to beat feet and move back once this one is over, quite a few of them already left because they couldn't handle the Summer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I told my tenants in NE St Pete it would be nice to evacuate and I’ll be sending someone to board up the windows.

“Why? We don’t wanna live in the dark”

They just moved here from New Jersey. They’re in for a fun time for sure.

The newly minted transplants here are acting like panicked Karens and are hoarding everything they can, mostly they are fighting with each other. LOL

I wonder how may are going to beat feet and move back once this one is over, quite a few of them already left because they couldn't handle the Summer.

Hopefully all of them.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:24:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I75 northbound is apparently busy. If they are south of Ocala and evacuating they would be better off heading southeast on the turnpike.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:24:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I75 northbound is apparently busy. If they are south of Ocala and evacuating they would be better off heading southeast on the turnpike.
View Quote

People don’t think rationally.

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:29:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Anna Marie Island is being evacuated tonight.
maybe 5-8ft storm surge. That will put the entire island underwater.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:30:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

People don't think rationally.

View Quote
You're right about that. We were talking this morning in the office about whether or not a coordinated team of 10 or so people could cause a run on any random product statewide by blanketing social media with rumors of it being hard to find. After Covid I feel that anything is possible.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
It looks like there is a snarl up near Ocala.

You guys evac'ing should consider sticking to the state highways instead of the Interstate. Compared to 75, most of the state highways look peaceful on google maps at least.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:35:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do you know where people are evac'ing to? Further inland or escaping the whole state? I'm in Volusia and gas and bottled water are still normal for now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wife is at Gandy Home Depot currently. She said the evac traffic is insane.
Do you know where people are evac'ing to? Further inland or escaping the whole state? I'm in Volusia and gas and bottled water are still normal for now.

Ft Lauderdale would be a good choice if you gotta go. Decent prices still on hotels, get reservations.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:50:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It looks like there is a snarl up near Ocala.

You guys evac'ing should consider sticking to the state highways instead of the Interstate. Compared to 75, most of the state highways look peaceful on google maps at least.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/265591/fltraf_JPG-2540068.JPG
View Quote

Shhhhh...

The last scare where 90% of South Florida ran. It was 3 days of back roads to get to work.
3 days of awesome no traffic.
Then 3 days of the return of thousands of RVs with NY tags and Broward tags..

Worse I'd seen i95 my whole life.

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#10]

I'll post pictures from the eye if it continues on that route.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:13:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:15:23 PM EDT
[#12]
My sister is in the Tarpon Springs area. Her and her family are bugging out to Orlando tonight.

Here is Jeff's update from today. He is making this sound like a pretty dire situation on the scale of Andrew or Katrina.

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:15:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Now the weather people are saying it has changed positions and now the new track is NNW versus WNW.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#14]

The fuck is that shit to the right of Florida. Is that Gaston starting up again. Last time I checked it was dwindling down. That looks pretty impressive for a dwindling down Storm out in the Atlantic.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:18:22 PM EDT
[#15]
The sky is turning black in Cape Coral now and the wind is picking up, we are on.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I believe that is a circling gyre, not a tropical system.

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:24:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My sister is in the Tarpon Springs area. Her and her family are bugging out to Orlando tonight.

Here is Jeff's update from today. He is making this sound like a pretty dire situation on the scale of Andrew or Katrina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bidbLtRGTLM
View Quote

My father in law is in Tarpon Springs and lives in a trailer park community.  He lost his second wife less than a year ago and has no desire to take care of getting to a safer place.  We even offered to fly him up here (NJ) at our expense. NOPE.  He's staying put.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:26:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The fuck is that shit to the right of Florida. Is that Gaston starting up again. Last time I checked it was dwindling down. That looks pretty impressive for a dwindling down Storm out in the Atlantic.
View Quote

Either way, it needs to fuck off. I have a trip planned to West Palm for three days of wreck diving Oct 7-9 after this thing blows my house away, apparently
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#19]
A Florida-centric Hurricane site --

http://www.superscreamer.com/
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:33:43 PM EDT
[#20]
They issued a mandatory evacuation for zone A for my river house on the Alafia this morning and my other house is right on the edge of the zone a half mile away.
My river house floor elevation is 4 ft. above sea level and the other house is 9 ft.

Ian will probably put 3 ft. of water in the river house. The boats are pulled out and, on the trailers, and all generators at the other house. Have food, beer and the usual  kracker grin going on .
  If it goes much over a cat 2 I will bug over to Brandon to my son's house Wednesday pm. I moved all firearms and ammo over to Brandon today and it made the ole jeep Cherokee squat.
 We will get thru this but knowing I have to repair the river house is a pisser.

Any one in that area that needs a hand after this storm let me know, I have chain saws and generators and maybe some beer left ...
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:35:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Sam’s Club in Daytona is completely out of water already. On the East Coast.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Just announced the evac orders for Pinellas Co.

There are 44,000 mobile homes in Pinellas Co.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:54:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:55:08 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm located in the coastal big bend. If it moves west it'll come toward me.

I went to Walmart earlier and all the eggs, milk, bread and water were still in stock so I think we will be good. The only thing that has run out so far is ethanol free gas.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#26]
We have gas, food and beer.

This shit has happened too many times.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

My father in law is in Tarpon Springs and lives in a trailer park community.  He lost his second wife less than a year ago and has no desire to take care of getting to a safer place.  We even offered to fly him up here (NJ) at our expense. NOPE.  He's staying put.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pinellas County is starting mandatory evacuations

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm in Napes too.  With the current predictions, we'll be fine.  Plenty of rain and 40 mph winds.  We get that on many afternoon rain storms.  Should'da been here for Irma, that was a hoot. The eye came right over us.  The max winds were estimated to be in the 140 mph range.  Now that was sporty!  With that though, our damage was limited to trees and screens around the pool.  The house didn't even lose a single shingle.  For the most part we are built strong here.
View Quote

Naples here too, close to the gulf. Irma was absolutely brutal.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:10:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/381696/PinellasCoNews_2022-Sep-26_jpg-2540140.JPG

View Quote

Anyone in D and E should be ready to move on short notice. "Phoenix" tabletop scenario has those areas flooding.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:11:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Is that the River house where I went to pick up the loaner generator from you? If so, that is gonna get a good bath!

Let me know if I can help.
View Quote

Yeah , same place ... I put a metal roof on it two years ago and redid all the dry wall and ceilings and insulation and built another boat lift ... retirement is fun.

Hope you and your wife are doing well ... Yes we are gonna get the big one I think ..Thanks for the help offer
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:20:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Anyone in D and E should be ready to move on short notice. "Phoenix" tabletop scenario has those areas flooding.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/381696/PinellasCoNews_2022-Sep-26_jpg-2540140.JPG

Remember Elena in 1985 ???

Here's what Pinellas Co. looked like afterwards
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

How good is that guy? What's his rep?
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jeff Piotrowski is a very well known storm chaser. He's covered numerous hurricanes and is generally pretty spot on with his coverage IMO.

https://www.twisterchasers.com/jeff-piotrowski.html

ETA he has a new video up

Hurricane Ian update Tampa Bay FL.

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#34]
I don't consider myself a religious person, but I will be keeping you Florida members in my prayers.  Please plan accordingly and stay safe.

I'm still dealing with damage caused by Ida.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Im not liking the latest tracks. i wonder if they are gonna move it back east at the 5pm update.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:36:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Im not liking the latest tracks. i wonder if they are gonna move it back east at the 5pm update.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/233493/09L_tracks_latest_png-2540170.JPG
View Quote

There seems a bit of disagreement. The intensity predictions continue to look worse.

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Jeff Piotrowski is a very well known storm chaser. He's covered numerous hurricanes and is generally pretty spot on with his coverage IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyBhZeY-nbo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyBhZeY-nbo

I wonder if we get another blue shed from his feeds this time.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Sam's Club in Daytona is completely out of water already. On the East Coast. [/que] Been out and no orders filled since friday/ Saturday .

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:42:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Look like they just suspended a bunch of the tolls as well for the evac.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:46:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Is it still scheduled to be a Cat 1 when it hits Florida?

Next weekend is going to be moist.

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sam's Club in Daytona is completely out of water already. On the East Coast. [/que] Been out and no orders filled since friday/ Saturday .

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not a storm.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Im not liking the latest tracks. i wonder if they are gonna move it back east at the 5pm update.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/233493/09L_tracks_latest_png-2540170.JPG
View Quote

Shit. Looks like it’s moving closer to me in swfl.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Hopefully all of them.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:00:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

And in the 20s with icesicles on the fences and orange trees in my area in 89 if my memory is still working.
View Quote

Yeah, we still had snow on the ground Christmas Day...either '88 or '89.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#48]

It's shame that the big storms are usually beautiful.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Sam’s Club in Daytona is completely out of water already. On the East Coast.
View Quote

LOL Same in Fort Lauderdale. We will barely get a breeze lol.

And buying water? Its insane to me. collapsible jugs. Fill em up. Its like people cannot fathom that they still currently have clean safe running water
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:21:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah looks like there moving back to the right now. GFS made a big move east.
At this rate who know what’s to come.
Page / 89
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top