Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 10:24:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Unless I’m mistaken, crip pen = weed,,,,but I don’t know if that is nicotine or THC from looking at it
View Quote

You can only tell by smelling it. If it is THC you can usually smell it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 10:26:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Is she's on the marijuana she will go crazy. That stuff is insane. Put an end to it or the marijuana will end her.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 10:26:44 PM EDT
[#3]
You can vape anything from Vitamin B to straight-up Chinese designer opioids.

Depends on what's in the cartridges. Could be anything from "Don't be stupid" to kiddo needs rehab pronto.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 10:52:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 10:57:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Crack it open and make her drink it.

Or like talk to her about how often she uses it and if she thinks she is addicted and wants help to quit...

I was smoking cigarettes at like 13, im 41 and vaping is miles better for me but i can't stop.

Interesting calculation for me if i go with like $5 per pack and a pack a day of smoke for as long as I've been using nicotine that's like $50k.

Couldn't even come close to figuring out how much I've spent on alcohol... but i was able to quit that.

Imagine if i had invested that 50k in an sp500 fund over the years, I'd be a good deal closer to retirement.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 10:58:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You can only tell by smelling it. If it is THC you can usually smell it.
View Quote

A lot of the thc vapes don't even really smell like weed
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 11:05:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Respiratory Therapist.

My specialty is patient education and chronic disease management.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
RT here.

We have had a bunch of mid-20 year olds added to the transplant list due to vaping.

It's not good for you in any way, shape, or form and the superheated oil particles cause lasting damage.

Happy vaping, I appreciate the lifelong job security.

What’s an RT?

Respiratory Therapist.

My specialty is patient education and chronic disease management.

Superheated oil particles?
Its generally propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin.

Some of the flavoring could maybe contain oils but e juice makers are generally aware of the danger of oils in vapes.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 11:58:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Which 21 year old is buying it for her, and in exchange for what?

Kharn
View Quote

She said some girl at school gave it to her.

She doesn’t have really any contacts otherwise to get it besides someone at school so we have no reason to not believe her
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 11:59:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I would come down pretty hard ass.

My oldest son vapes he is 26 drives me nuts some freakin raspberry bullshit
View Quote

Ya it’s super weird. I don’t get it either especially in guys.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:03:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Smoking/vaping has a long latency period  20+ years.
I smoked, started at 12 quit cold turkey at 28. Watched 3 people I know die of lung cancer, smoking.
Smoking is like black mold inside your walls, you can't see it and it's not a problem untill it is
If you catch my drift.

My advice don't come down hard it will just make her hide it better.  
Best to educate of health risk.
And show the results.
View Quote

Yes I agree. When I got caught doing stuff I high school I just learned how to hide it better.

We ended up making her research and write an essay on the dangers of vaping and show sources and pictures of popcorn lung.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:04:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

lol, you paint your nails...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

lol, you paint your nails...

Lol. You should see my toe nails.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:06:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
She's trying to fit in with her peers and be "cool.".   She's going to be experimenting with a LOT more than vape pens unless Mom starts showing up more.

I'm guessing the divorce / missing father didn't help things much.

Decent chance she'll be pregnant by 18.   Yay for public schools!
View Quote

Dad isn’t missing. She’s with him about 30% of the time. He’s not super attentive though. More so a personality thing. He’s just kind of weird and doesn’t talk much at all. So emotionally checked out. But takes her shopping and stuff like that, but he’s not one to say much besides superficial small talk with anyone.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:09:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If I was in the shoes of just basically being some dude banging her mom, I’d 100% leave the handling to mom.
View Quote

Well we’ve been together for nearly 7 years.

But for the most part in regards to her daughter, I only interject my opinion or help if asked. She asked me what to do but this time I wasn’t too sure.

Interesting to read the opinions here.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:12:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nothing you can do to stop it, but it doesn’t mean you support it. Throw it in the trash and stop giving her money.
View Quote

We don’t give her much money at all. Especially not enough for a vape habit.

She has a job though and not many expenses.

From talking to her it was a one off thing that another kid gave her in school to deal with the “stress of finals”

But of course I would have said the same thing
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:23:28 AM EDT
[#15]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronchiolitis_obliterans

The flavoring compounds have a distinct possibility of causing severe lung damage over time.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:40:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
All fun and games until she gets popcorn lung or pneumonia.
View Quote

That's bullshit.  Also the illnesses blames on vaping were from weed oils not processed correctly.  Nobody has ever got popcorn lung or anything else from vaping nicotine.   Nicotine has its own effect but vaping is exponentially safer than smoking.  

That said you should encourage your teens to do neither.  Even if vaping is relatively safe there's no good reason to start a lifelong expensive addiction that isn't even fun.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:40:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The Google says that flavor is just nicotine but some Lost Mary flavors are thc but they're supposed to be clearly labeled
View Quote

There's an easy way to find out
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:48:26 AM EDT
[#18]
The world is so different and it happened so fast. I aint that damned old.

I started messing around with smoking at about 10.  I was a pack a day smoker at 15.  My folks said "I see you are a smoker now" (i thought I was in trouble) and asked me what my brand was....and that was my birthday present from then on.

There are still people alive the knew slaves.

There are still people alive that met Civil War Vets.

Hell, there is literally a guy alive that was one the Tsar of a Nation.

And I remember when it was odd if you didnt smoke.....and it was not that damned long ago. I was playing with Transformers when I started smoking.

Yeah, quiting, a good while back, was hard and the right thing to do, but I dont understand how something that everyone did less than 40 years ago is now a literal "sin" and causes clutching of pearls.

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:32:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The world is so different and it happened so fast. I aint that damned old.

I started messing around with smoking at about 10.  I was a pack a day smoker at 15.  My folks said "I see you are a smoker now" (i thought I was in trouble) and asked me what my brand was....and that was my birthday present from then on.

There are still people alive the knew slaves.

There are still people alive that met Civil War Vets.

Hell, there is literally a guy alive that was one the Tsar of a Nation.

And I remember when it was odd if you didnt smoke.....and it was not that damned long ago. I was playing with Transformers when I started smoking.

Yeah, quiting, a good while back, was hard and the right thing to do, but I dont understand how something that everyone did less than 40 years ago is now a literal "sin" and causes clutching of pearls.

View Quote

I think it really comes down to money.  It costs a great deal of money to manage the population level effects of tobacco use.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:46:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I was playing with Transformers when I started smoking.

View Quote

That's an interesting visual.  Shit, that's was an intense battle- smoke break guys.  Then proceeds to line up some transformers and offer one a cig.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:51:47 AM EDT
[#21]
I mean I dont know anyone in my age that is happy they started vaping in highschool. Most of them wish someone was harder on them to make them stop.

The best way to get it through to a teenager is to probably add up the cost of a vaping addiction until they are about idk 22 or so and put it in front of them how much better they would be doing monetarily.
Health or future effects are very hard to comprehend at that age and not really taken serious.

And also I do not agree with the crowd that thinks its just like smoking when they were kids.
Vaping allows most to get that nic fix at anytime, anywhere. No putting it off, no going outside.
Got the itch? slide it up your longsleeve and hit it through your sleeve while the teacher is giving instruction.
While smoking creates a strong habit, vaping creates an almost unbeatable habit just because of how often it can be hit, not even considering how much more nicotine is in some vapes compared to cigs.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:53:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Nothing is better for you than clean breathing.

I vape

But a 15 year old vaping should be a deal.

A deal where you sit them down and explain why it’s bad.

But the amount of OMG it THC and it will kill you dead in 5 minutes in this thread is sad and shows the average arfcomer is swayed by the same sources that blames guns for all murder and violence
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:54:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Was it THC?  Why would a kid vape if it wasn’t marijuana?  Vaping is gay, last I checked anyway.
View Quote

This is what they vape.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:01:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Doesn't look like THC to me, those are single use nicotine vapes. Not looking forward to when my kids are that age, hope we're out of here by then, weed is everywhere around here.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:08:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
All fun and games until she gets popcorn lung or pneumonia.
View Quote
That's literally never happened to anyone from vaping a commercial nic vape that hasn't been contaminated by a third party.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:16:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That's an interesting visual.  Shit, that's was an intense battle- smoke break guys.  Then proceeds to line up some transformers and offer one a cig.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was playing with Transformers when I started smoking.

Ha!

I guess I wanted to see a pack of Camels transform into a gun or a fighter jet.

Marlboros, transform into "Smokatron!"

"We meet again Megatron.....now we will see who is smoother and more full of flavor!...."
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:17:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
RT here.

We have had a bunch of mid-20 year olds added to the transplant list due to vaping.

It's not good for you in any way, shape, or form and the superheated oil particles cause lasting damage.

View Quote
Which is why commercially-produced nic vapes don't contain oils. There was a rash of THC vapes that were cut by unscrupulous counterfeiters and suppliers with Vitamin E Acetate a couple years back, which caused that "outbreak" of acute lung issues. I wouldn't be surprised if there are still a few black-market suppliers cutting the THC with something really bad. 99% chance those 20-yr olds on the transplant list vaped THC, regardless of what they tell their parents or doctors. There is simply no motive for someone to put that in nic vapes. It's vastly more expensive than the normal diluents, and doesn't add anything desirable to the end user.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:29:00 AM EDT
[#28]

15 year old has good taste. Lost Mary’s are the shiz.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:29:32 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm not saying vaping is good, but a lil vape pen in high school is not a huge problem for me.  I went to a small school but we buried multiple kids under 18 for drunk driving.  I went to a rich kid college and everyone was shoving shit up their nose.

Hell, we'd all be healthier if vape pens were around back then.

Wait until you see how easy legal edibles are to get.  Those Delta 9 (or whatever the fuck they're called now) will knock people on their asses.

A lil vape pen is a great opportunity to talk about making good decisions and what is absolutely unacceptable.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Has anyone suggested buying a fresh one and making her vape the whole thing in one sitting? I met a kid in high school and offered him a cigarette. He said no and told me his dad found a cigarette and made the kid smoke the entire pack in front of him as punishment.  Seems like it worked then to dissuade the behavior, however; it was back in the 80s or 90s I think.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I mean I dont know anyone in my age that is happy they started vaping in highschool. Most of them wish someone was harder on them to make them stop.

The best way to get it through to a teenager is to probably add up the cost of a vaping addiction until they are about idk 22 or so and put it in front of them how much better they would be doing monetarily.
Health or future effects are very hard to comprehend at that age and not really taken serious.

And also I do not agree with the crowd that thinks its just like smoking when they were kids.
Vaping allows most to get that nic fix at anytime, anywhere. No putting it off, no going outside.
Got the itch? slide it up your longsleeve and hit it through your sleeve while the teacher is giving instruction.
While smoking creates a strong habit, vaping creates an almost unbeatable habit just because of how often it can be hit, not even considering how much more nicotine is in some vapes compared to cigs.
View Quote

Now do it with guns and cars for people who say they can’t afford retirement.
‘You could be comfortable but all the ammo you shot is why you’re poor.’
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Not that big a deal unless it's THC. Possession of THC Vape in Texas is a Felony, that usually doesn't buff out of ones career path in the future.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:40:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:40:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:From my preacher, a long time ago. Don’t  hold your kids to a higher level that you, when you were their age.  

Hell, at 15, I was smoking weed, drinking beer and chasing women.
View Quote
I’m going to struggle here. At 15 I probably would have been doing all those things if I wasn’t an unpopular loser.

Does being a good kid count if you didn’t really have a choice?
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:41:29 AM EDT
[#35]

Came to post this.

Vaping, while bad, is pretty low priority on things you need to be concerned with... grandpa.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That's the Marlboro lite of my youth, yes parental discretion applies. Give them the come Jesus Moment, but be thankfull, it could be much,much worse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's the Marlboro lite of my youth, yes parental discretion applies. Give them the come Jesus Moment, but be thankfull, it could be much,much worse.

This is just what they caught her doing... you know most of the iceberg is hidden, right?
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:46:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
From the website: “Many people in today's materialistic environment become disoriented due to the abundance of options. As a result, as they stray along many paths, people eventually lose sight of the purpose of their existence. What we need to realize is that, to paraphrase Forrest Gump, "life is like a box of chocolates, and the consequences are often unexpected." You never know what will occur today, tomorrow, or even in a moment. The only thing you could do is live each day as it comes, enjoy it, and never become lost again. But how do you get a taste of the good life?”

They’re definitely some kind of foreign made garbage.
View Quote
Yikes, yeah OP I’d skip the nicotine lesson (old news) and work on developing a healthy distrust of foreigners. See the arf TEMU threads - even on this site people fall for cheap Chinese shit.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:55:41 AM EDT
[#38]
The thing about a 15 year old is that they are not developmentally capable of making long term decisions, rationalizing their behavior, understanding the consequences or rationalizing the pressure of what they are doing. For whatever the reason she was influenced by it, tried it and liked it and knew she needed to hide it from you.

Not knowing the kid I would talk to her as if she was an adult. Ask her to explain what transpired and how long she has been vaping. Give her every opportunity to be honest about it. You shouldn't be mad or put her on the defensive. After she gives you her history, thank her and then explain to her why you don't want her vaping. More than likely she has been taught the harmful attributes of vaping at school. While this is good-research has found that it often leads to more use because it desensitizes children of the dangers. They found that programs such as Just say no and DARE actually lead to more use.

after you give her your reasoning make it a point to check in with her daily, give her more positive attention-particularly in the area where she was vulnerable to vaping. For example if her friends were trying it, talk to her about her friends and how they influence her. Teach her empathy for you (help her put herself in your shoes-not necessarily in regards to vaping but work and what you provide for her. Keep it positive. These skills are higher learning skills that will help her brain mature -which will lead to better choices and better boundaries for herself and others.

Overall it's not a huge deal but you want to teach her how to be honest, how to make good choices, how to have good boundaries, how to empathize with others (particularly you and her mother) and how to be safeguarded against peer pressure. Look at it as an opportunity.

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 11:03:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

But for the most part in regards to her daughter, I only interject my opinion or help if asked. She asked me what to do but this time I wasn’t too sure.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I was in the shoes of just basically being some dude banging her mom, I’d 100% leave the handling to mom.

Smart on your part nothing worse then a pain in the ass step daughter
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 11:23:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Mom should talk to her about the dangers of addiction and what that shit does to your lungs.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 11:32:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

From my preacher, a long time ago. Don’t  hold your kids to a higher level that you, when you were their age.  

Hell, at 15, I was smoking weed, drinking beer and chasing women.
View Quote

I don't know.  Maybe your preacher was retarded.  I would prefer my children not make all of the same mistakes and terrible decisions I did.  If I had knocked over a liquor store or got a chick pregnant at 14 or 15 I would prefer my kid not do the same.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
RT here.

View Quote

Seriously? Anyway to back that claim up?
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 12:04:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Give him a pack of unfiltered Camels and make him smoke the whole pack. ;-)

The hiding or lying about it is the real problem. But he needs to know that you won’t have it in your house. And it isn’t “safer” than cigarettes.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 12:31:24 AM EDT
[#44]
It’s a big deal.

I have a 17 yr old daughter. She likes to buy those and sneak them behind my back, or has in the past.

The problem is, they can be laced with oxy, fentanyl, and whatever else the cartels or whoever want to put into them, shrink wrap them/ package them to look like regular vapes, and the next thing you know your kid is completely fucked up or worse. Even one hit in the bathroom at school, they think it’s nicotine, and suddenly your kid is fucked. I’m not kidding.

That’s exactly what happened to my daughter on several occasions and she just got out of rehab. DO NOT take it lightly.

Others are not so lucky and their kid ends up in the hospital or brain damaged or dead.

Your kid isn’t buying it legal they’re getting it from a black market that doesn’t give a shit.

I’ve talked extensively to the principal of our local high school, rehab counselors, therapists, and local psychiatrist about it and it is a HUGE fucking problem.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 1:14:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 1:21:26 AM EDT
[#46]
1990s - 2000s, "GD, found my kid's cigarettes"

2013s - 2023s, "GD, found my kid's vape pen".

My, how times have changed.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 1:26:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Y'all are some trashy ass mfers
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 1:49:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Wait until you see how easy legal edibles are to get.
View Quote
I'd be surprised if anybody hasn't seen it at this point. The headshop next to the liquor store here sells all of the deltas. It's advertised from the street.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 1:52:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It’s a big deal.

I have a 17 yr old daughter. She likes to buy those and sneak them behind my back, or has in the past.

The problem is, they can be laced with oxy, fentanyl, and whatever else the cartels or whoever want to put into them, shrink wrap them/ package them to look like regular vapes, and the next thing you know your kid is completely fucked up or worse. Even one hit in the bathroom at school, they think it’s nicotine, and suddenly your kid is fucked. I’m not kidding.

That’s exactly what happened to my daughter on several occasions and she just got out of rehab. DO NOT take it lightly.

Others are not so lucky and their kid ends up in the hospital or brain damaged or dead.

Your kid isn’t buying it legal they’re getting it from a black market that doesn’t give a shit.

I’ve talked extensively to the principal of our local high school, rehab counselors, therapists, and local psychiatrist about it and it is a HUGE fucking problem.
View Quote

I hope this is sarcasm or a joke
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 2:07:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top