Link Posted: 10/11/2022 7:38:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was the oldest even in last nights episode?
Yes this one. Younger one in the back.

https://media.distractify.com/brand-img/0e-WhQ8IO/0x0/aegon-targaryen-wife-1665407407433.jpg

Ahh okay, for some reason I thought that Alycent and good old rotten king had 3 kids.

The casting choice is weird, Aemond looks older.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 7:51:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Dupe
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 7:52:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I was confused by the ending of Episode 8 so I read a recap.  

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ahh okay, for some reason I thought that Alycent and good old rotten king had 3 kids.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was the oldest even in last nights episode?
Yes this one. Younger one in the back.

https://media.distractify.com/brand-img/0e-WhQ8IO/0x0/aegon-targaryen-wife-1665407407433.jpg

The one eyed Targ was in the last kingdom (netflix)
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 8:49:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I was skeptical at first, but it has been really good.  I'm sad it's almost over.  I hate these god damned "seasons" of TV shows.  I want to watch 10 episodes in a row and then more.

I thought Viserys was a joke the first couple episodes.  He turned out to be the best character.   I am sad he's done for.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 8:59:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ok, I was under the impression she poisoned the serving wench.  They made an awful big production over her giving the "tea" and the wench looking like, "Fuck me, this bloody cunt done kilt me!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ok, I was under the impression she poisoned the serving wench.  They made an awful big production over her giving the "tea" and the wench looking like, "Fuck me, this bloody cunt done kilt me!"

Link Posted: 10/11/2022 11:09:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

They do, the middle child is the daughter who is married to the older brother Aegon.

eta-
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:14:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:29:39 AM EDT
[#9]
If anything Game of Stupid Women and House of even More Stupid Women has taught me, is that the females, well most of them minus Arya, really messed things up and caused so much grief needlessly because of their selfish hunger for power.

And just WTF is the latest trend to fawn over an uncle and niece fantasy love story, some of the YT tributes are just
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:31:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Im sorry but this show is full of suck.  Ive watched every episode and just dont like how the timeline is always drastically shifting.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 2:22:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Who is the blonde chick dancing in the end with the black haired kid?

I was under the impression all of the kids were males (except for the Sea Snake’s family).

Has to be Alice’s unknown daughter.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 3:01:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Who is the blonde chick dancing in the end with the black haired kid?

I was under the impression all of the kids were males (except for the Sea Snake’s family).

Has to be Alice’s unknown daughter.
View Quote

She’s Helaena. The girl who keeps saying strange things, playing with bugs.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 6:52:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

She’s Helaena. The girl who keeps saying strange things, playing with bugs.
View Quote

Alicent’s only daughter
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 6:58:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 7:09:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They do, the middle child is the daughter who is married to the older brother Aegon.

eta-
https://i.postimg.cc/vB9cQxBB/75-CB832-B-A0-CB-4-B8-D-976-B-4-E836-C0352-D4.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 7:22:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I was skeptical at first, but it has been really good.  I'm sad it's almost over.  I hate these god damned "seasons" of TV shows.  I want to watch 10 episodes in a row and then more.

I thought Viserys was a joke the first couple episodes.  He turned out to be the best character.   I am sad he's done for.
View Quote

Viserys is still a joke. Right up to the very end he was fucking things up. So he straightened out the claim to Driftmark. Great, but then turns around and sets up a civil war on his way out due to not knowing who he was talking too.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 7:33:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Viserys is still a joke. Right up to the very end he was fucking things up. So he straightened out the claim to Driftmark. Great, but then turns around and sets up a civil war on his way out due to not knowing who he was talking too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He’s literally been kept on opium by the Hightowers nearly every day for months or years.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 7:55:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
which was something added to show that didn't happen in the book
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Much more better.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 5:54:29 PM EDT
[#21]
For fun, here's the order of succession according to the Greens and the Blacks.  It's not clear where women are in the inheritance.  In some medieval societies they don't inherit at all, while in others they just got bumped down the succession order, i.e. if there wasn't a male relative with a close enough relation they might go back to a daughter.    

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/12/2022 6:04:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

eta-
https://i.postimg.cc/vB9cQxBB/75-CB832-B-A0-CB-4-B8-D-976-B-4-E836-C0352-D4.jpg
View Quote
They akshully have 4.  The youngest is reportedly in oldtown but makes an appearance later in the series...
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 10/12/2022 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#25]
i think GRRM said GOT was loosely based off of 'the war of the roses.' i got interested in that history and read some books. the family tree for that situation is very confusing. i wonder if the the house of the dragon is similarly based as its almost as hard to follow..

Link Posted: 10/12/2022 11:01:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 11:05:37 PM EDT
[#27]

the doom came and a small girl with a knife defeated the king boss monster and the doom from the north was destroyed in the blink of an eye. so they all got it wrong about what was required to defeat the doom. easy peasy
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The one eyed Targ was in the last kingdom (netflix)
View Quote
You gotta be more specific

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Extended dark scene filming is one of my pet peeves as well.  I did not notice it at all during that episode.  
I also hate not being able to understand dialog but, again, had no problem during that episode.

OLED TV + ZVOX Soundbar w/accuvoice turned on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the next show is photographed like the last one, I'm done.

I'll tolerate a minute or two of a dark shadow scene of barely discernible shapes, but not a large fraction of an hour.

That's on top of whispered dialog in heavy accents.

None of the episodes so far have been terribly interesting.

Extended dark scene filming is one of my pet peeves as well.  I did not notice it at all during that episode.  
I also hate not being able to understand dialog but, again, had no problem during that episode.

OLED TV + ZVOX Soundbar w/accuvoice turned on.

I'm poor, I just run closed captioning.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm poor, I just run closed captioning.
View Quote

I do this too, but mainly because I have a very loud little toddler who sits on my lap and watches youtube while I watch pretty much anything.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:53:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Holy fuck! Yes!
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:00:23 PM EDT
[#33]
50 mins of lame shit for 1 min of excitement. This show is super boring.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:00:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Damn.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:02:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Im sorry but this show is full of suck.  Ive watched every episode and just dont like how the timeline is always drastically shifting.
View Quote

I mean it’s literally how the source material handles it. They are already stretching as is. The dance would be pointless without this backstory.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:50:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Episode 8 gave me hope. Just WTF this was in episode 9, was a snoozer. Season one finale with 10 will be either lit of a snooze before Season 2 when the Dance actually starts and no more of this backstory crap.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 1:46:46 AM EDT
[#37]
I screamed DRACARYS DRACARYS DRACARYS

Left disappointed
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 5:24:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I screamed DRACARYS DRACARYS DRACARYS

Left disappointed
View Quote
Yeah could have ended the show right there.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 8:28:00 AM EDT
[#39]
As with each episode this last one was better than the ones before it. It is the biggest dick in the Unsullied army. It was still another poorly lit episode with more mumbling.

We finally get some characters that are not complete douche bags. Lord Lyman Beesbury, Ser Harrold Westerling, and Mysaria are not total sell outs. Two get killed for standing up for what is right.

Ser Criston Cole, The Golem of the Queen, kills off Lord Lyman Beesbury in small council meeting and it's all good. No worries mate. Lord Beesbury was no one really, just a guy influential enough to be on the king's small council.

I am not sure if Princess Rhaenys stood up for what was right or she was just looking after her own interests. Based on the rest of the characters I would say the latter. We really do not know as there had bee so limited character development.

I am curious to see where the Cargyll twins story line goes. Those guys did not seem like they were total douche bags but I fear there will be plenty of chances for that to change.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 8:47:54 AM EDT
[#40]
I thought the episode was great, and not boring at all.  It was interesting to see how both Alicent's and Rhaenys' mercy is going to lead to everything that will now happen.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It was interesting to see how both Alicent's and Rhaenys' mercy is going to lead to everything that will now happen.
View Quote

kinda makes you re-think about the queens in power...
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 10:10:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because they do not have 60 episodes to get us there.  Pretty obvious to me.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Because they do not have 60 episodes to get us there.  Pretty obvious to me.
View Quote

If they had a great show they would have as many episodes as they wanted.

GRRM said GoT needed 5-7 more seasons to properly wrap it up. HBO said sure. D&D wanted to move on and do Star Wars and they ruined a amazing series. Do you think HBO is happy with the way things went? As stupid as corporate America is they are not that stupid. They do not want a repeat.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 11:21:45 AM EDT
[#44]
I can't believe the queen lets twisty leg jerk off to her feet.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 11:24:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If they had a great show they would have as many episodes as they wanted.

GRRM said GoT needed 5-7 more seasons to properly wrap it up. HBO said sure. D&D wanted to move on and do Star Wars and they ruined a amazing series. Do you think HBO is happy with the way things went? As stupid as corporate America is they are not that stupid. They do not want a repeat.
View Quote

The same HBO that is good with SJW'ing the fuck out of the new series is super concerned about not repeating past mistakes in judgement?  bwahahahahahahahahaha
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The same HBO that is good with SJW'ing the fuck out of the new series is super concerned about not repeating past mistakes in judgement?  bwahahahahahahahahaha
View Quote

They might be dumb but that doesn't mean they are stupid.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 11:36:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I can't believe the queen let's twisty leg jerk off to her feet.
View Quote

that was cringe. wth was that.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 11:52:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't believe the queen let's twisty leg jerk off to her feet.

White man bad.  Sexual pervert subjugating even a powerful woman.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Man, they really do need to buy more candles!  These episodes are damn near black and white.

So, does Rhaenys taking back her dragon tilt the advantage more towards Rhaenyra or is she just going to take her dragon and go home?
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 2:09:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I can't believe the queen lets twisty leg jerk off to her feet.
View Quote

Hey, he's got what she needs and she's got what he wants.  Just be grateful there was no sucking of toes or foot flogging of dongs.  #bignaturaltoes.net
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top