Families life turned upside down
And livelihoods being threatened
View Quote

Fo shizzle
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:36:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am 50/50 on it. Locks and timeouts have gotten to a point that I don't even want to start a thread anymore because it's going to get deleted half of the times. It's a public forum that many of us PAY to be part of, yet our discussions cannot be open anymore and the replies are deleted if one person doesn't like it.

On the other hand, it's a public forum and the leftist media/government have been allowed in...so we can't exactly have posts on a gun site that reflect horribly on gun owners. Doxxing users isn't the right option, but we also should be allowed to test or report users to try and weed out these leftists and anti-2a members.
View Quote

Well, in my opinion, a sub forum like GD, the hate and sarcastic BS spews out into every other sub forum on the site.

Somebody prove me wrong. Please

Edit, dont get me wrong, I LOVE GD, I just try to be nice to everyone...
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Free Sylvan
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:38:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't claim to know what motivates others. I don't. I only know what makes me move.

That said, I think that maybe part of the problem is that communists and liberals started to post here more and more. What's worse, they have become more empassioned and vocal in recent months. Maybe it's an infiltration of trolls...maybe it's just a sign of the times.  Either way, a lot of guys like me hate communists and hate liberals.  They are the antithesis of our existence. They are everything that is wrong with our country. They are systematically destroying the America we love.  

I agree with GB in that we need to take a step back, gain perspective, and metabolize the idea that most of us have far more in common with each other than we have in conflict.  

Still...if we are going to have communists and liberals tolerated...empowered to offer their side...engaged....well fuck all that.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:39:54 PM EDT
[#5]

The name is Brownells, not brown nose.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:40:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't claim to know what motivates others. I don't. I only know what makes me move.

That said, I think that maybe part of the problem is that communists and liberals started to post here more and more. What's worse, they have become more empassioned and vocal in recent months. Maybe it's an infiltration of trolls...maybe it's just a sign of the times.  Either way, a lot of guys like me hate communists and hate liberals.  They are the antithesis of our existence. They are everything that is wrong with our country. They are systematically destroying the America we love.  

I agree with GB in that we need to take a step back, gain perspective, and metabolize the idea that most of us have far more in common with each other than we have in conflict.  

Still...if we are going to have communists and liberals tolerated...empowered to offer their side...engaged....well fuck all that.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:44:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm a Californian in GD, I expect nothing but shit talking.

Sounds like a waste of site resources.

something something preferable alternative to communism.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:45:50 PM EDT
[#8]
FPNI
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:47:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo
View Quote

Ya ever been in a Turkish prison?.....................................................................

Oiy.  I didn't think so.

Faggot.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:49:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I see both sides.

There's at least one staffer that seems a bit over the top - whether that's his personality or just that he gets the short straw and has to deal with what the others don't want, I do not know.

Other than that, I think the world of the staff here. I could have been banned many times, yet here I am. So put me down as 'sure, I get frustrated - but this is still the best site on the entire interweb'.

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:50:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
GoatBoy is full of it.  The Site Staff are the enemy, and I have taken up the study of the sword in order to confront them.

I've also taken up some cardio, as I am unable to actually swing the sword much.

I could really use some backup, though.  I seriously get winded quickly.
View Quote

Weights and CARDIO, motherfucker.  CARDIO.  CARDIP, Cardiiiiiiiiiiip, cardddddddddddddi

hhhheeeeeellll[[[[, er I mean hhheeellpppppp................................mknm/'ipoL"<?
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:50:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ya ever been in a Turkish prison?.....................................................................

Oiy.  I didn't think so.

Faggot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo

Oiy.  I didn't think so.

Faggot.

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#13]
THIS FORUM NEEDS MORE SCAGDRIVERS
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:51:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is why we can’t have nice things.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:52:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Sometimes I’m a dick but I don’t hate anyone around here.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:53:56 PM EDT
[#16]
1. Protect the leftist trolls
2. Ban long time members
3. ?????
4. Brownelled
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Been samplin' some new squeezins' wit yo maternal unit, so I'll let it slide.  Mr. PenisCranium.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:56:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Also, welcome fellow 1mb avatar club member.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:57:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I accidentally the whole arfcom. Sorry guys, my bad.
(I have no idea WTF is going on, just wanted to shitpost.)
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:00:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I have zero faith that I can honestly state my true feelings on the matter.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:08:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can post anything, once.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:13:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
I miss when you posted happier stuff
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:15:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

My apologies to any I have offended.  

Life is what we make it.

I'm trying to be a better man.
View Quote
you people offend me everyday, but i dont give a fuck.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:18:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go away already, you piebald foot in a fully toothed hockey players ass.

(I'm afraid my humor or silly threads may be considered trolling now)

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:19:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My apologies to any I have offended.  

Life is what we make it.

I'm trying to be a better man.

Probably why we're friends since Post 2.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:21:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That utter hatred is present SPECIFICALLY because of the influx of trolls and leftist shills .

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That utter hatred is present SPECIFICALLY because of the influx of trolls and leftist shills .

Quoted:
2. Ban long time members
3. ?????
4. Brownelled

Attachment Attached File

Free Sylvan
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:22:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Buddy........

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:22:45 PM EDT
[#29]
I agree OP and GB.

I’ll try not to contribute to the issues.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Already made that choice.

Feelsgoodman
View Quote

Its the clicks that count, not your $24.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:40:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Free Mylar
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:47:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Buddy........

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buddy........

I'm not Buddy Guy!  
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:48:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm not Buddy Guy!  
View Quote
Yes you are
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:49:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Not surprisingly he takes no ownership at all of encouraging trolls and shills and defending their presence by telling everyone else they should be more welcoming to those who only want to create problems.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:50:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yes you are
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not Buddy Guy!  
Yes you are

Checks skin.. no..

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:55:21 PM EDT
[#36]

I got a 3 day ban for saying the B word (rhymes with Zoomer).

Coc 7 "causing harm to the site".

This website is weird.  Fun, educational, but weird.

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:57:26 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
2. Ban long time members
3. ?????
4. Brownelled

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

Free Sylvan

All of that... the refusal to identify and purge true trolls and shills has become a basic tenet of the site. It is justified by the notion that removing them would result in the echo chamber they and their protectors love to use as cover. It's a load of horseshit and these heartfelt attempts to justify it happen from time to time as folks become more and more disgusted with it. One thing for sure, it isn't changing. It's become entertainment in itself, kind of..

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:03:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I got a 3 day ban for saying the B word (rhymes with Boomer).

Coc 7 "causing harm to the site".

This website is weird.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:04:30 PM EDT
[#39]
I can appreciate GB's post comes from a place of meaning well. I can also appreciate that it's tone deaf.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:09:32 PM EDT
[#40]
We should do a thread on which sides of the beans/no beans debate millennial and boomers fall on.  That should unite the hive
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:10:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Context is everything
In Australia they throw Boomer rangs

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:20:23 PM EDT
[#42]
I have nothing positive to add, that is all.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:21:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Agreed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with your statement.

Agreed.
X87
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:25:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

You bought me my first membership to this nuthouse! I blame you!  Thank you for that!  
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:27:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Context is everything

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:28:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Context is everything

View Quote

It is, in Fallout the boomers are actually cool people.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:33:54 PM EDT
[#47]
The whole sticky post boils down to "modulate your speech and self sensor, that's what we need".

We all know that's why we are in a shit situation and it's also not the answer to anything but hey let's just keep those heads in the sand, things have to turn around sometime.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:37:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

The sticky post instructs you to do just that. Sit in the corner and be nice, no matter if the house is on fire or not.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:47:20 PM EDT
[#49]
OP is correct. It might seem silly to some, but ARFCOM has real power in the political and cultural landscape. I—and many like me—have become political activists as a direct result of being on this board. Lobby Day 2020–one of the most significant events in recent history IMO—likely wouldn’t have been nearly as successful without ARFCOM’s involvement.

So many great things have come out of this site.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:49:16 PM EDT
[#50]
There is a meme floating around with an Antifa/leftist phrase “Liberals get the bullet too”.

That’s sort of what we see here, but on the other side.  It could be phrased “conservatives/libertarians get the bullet too”.  People who are clearly well to the right of center but not far enough to suit.

A lot of the division on Arfcom isn’t because people disagree wholesale.  It’s because they only agree with 99% of what is said, and anything less than the full 100% is somehow now deemed the enemy.  For years it was ok to agree to disagree with small things at the margin, this place was a great place for small (l)ibertarians for example, now it doesn’t seem to be.

It’s a shame because conservatives and right leaning libertarians give the right the critical mass to be relevant and swing the pendulum back to the right.  But many people can’t see beyond their own noses.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top