BCM
User Panel

Page / 22
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:16:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sorry you can't shoot, bro.

Your butthurt reaction only proves that YOU suck so you think everyone sucks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd like to see some confirmation on the 40 yards factoid.  That is an incredible distance and quite frankly unless the kid is a professional shooter, I don't believe it, and in looking at the pictures of the food court I don't think that distance adds up.

Good shooting for sure, but there's no reason to exaggerate the claims either.

Jesus, some of you really need to shoot more.

A torso-sized target at 40 yards is not a difficult shot, especially when you're braced.  Add in adrenaline/likelihood of death and it becomes tougher but it is most certainly doable.  

I shoot at 45 yards regularly off my deck with all my pistols.  I ring headshots on the steel silhouette without a problem.  If you're the type to stand in one spot on the firing line and shoot at 10 yards, yeah you probably think 40 yards is really fucking hard with a pistol.

Oh yeah, hitting a steel plate in your backyard is exactly the same as hitting a skinny moving target at an unfamiliar range.  Billy badass over here

I don't care how good you are on your own personal range, I bet you don't make 8/10 or even close to it in that scenario.  120 feet is not anything that the vast majority of pistol shooters are going to make 50% hits on much less 80%.

Did you see the pictures?  You know how easy it is for people to exaggerate or overestimate distances?  I'd guess it was 40 feet, not 40 yards.

Again, still great shooting from the young man but no reason for needless exaggeration.

Sorry you can't shoot, bro.

Your butthurt reaction only proves that YOU suck so you think everyone sucks.

This.

Suck less, hold yourself to a higher standard and get there
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:17:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Here's something else to consider. He's a relatively young man, and if the reporting is accurate, he's carried for less than three weeks. Barely past the "wally walk" stage.

Another image of the food court I saw posted, with a more normal camera focal length lens

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/58237/qoqyuwj11nc91_jpg-2459540.JPG
View Quote

Those tiles are probably 18" tiles based on the chair.  

I can only count about 14 from the closest visible to the first ring, maybe 3? tiles in that ring.  Can't see well enough to count past that.  

Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:19:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
These spree shooters ALWAYS look like they ain’t been in some pussy since they came outta one.Ain’t no red blooded male that’s getting positive female energy even remotely thinking about killing up a bunch of random people.Our society is crumbling under the weight of mismanaged expectations that come from being inundated with imagery from things that we’ll never have or lifestyles we’ll never live.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:20:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Do we know if his pistol had an optic?? Just thinking how much fun that might be in terms of new GD threads.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:21:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Who took the bottom photo?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Who took the bottom photo?

I'd guess cops.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:21:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Do we know if his pistol had an optic?? Just thinking how much fun that might be in terms of new GD threads.
View Quote

Iron sights on a Hellcat would be beautiful
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:22:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, I’m on the edge of my seat
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

The more controversial question is the "Chest Rig vs Plate Carrier" debate.  I've always been on side Plate Carrier because of actual protection.  Had a ton of people say Chest Rigs.  I'd say Chest Rigs are kind of not useful as they always were.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:23:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In 40SW
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:25:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

In 40SW
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, I'm on the edge of my seat

In 40SW
Come on.  The hero is young, not stupid.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:25:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

In 40SW
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In 40SW

Bruh
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:27:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Whirlygig.

I read your post as sarcasm, this is GD after all
View Quote

But really, what setup did you buy?
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:27:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Has there been a reason identified why the dude went to shoot up a mall?
View Quote

I have a theory.  He left his laptop in the oven set at max temp with a can of some kind of explosive aerosol.  It never blew, but the laptop is damaged and, according to the presser, on its way to Quantico.

He was in the restroom for an hour, and left his phone in the toilet water.  I think he wanted to destroy his laptop and phone because he was in touch with a third party or enabler.  He probably was on the phone doing a war dance with a buddy for the hour before he cooked off.  

I think they will find that he was either egged on by an on line associate or he was communicating with a group.  

Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I can only count about 14 from the closest visible to the first ring, maybe 3? tiles in that ring.  Can't see well enough to count past that.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's something else to consider. He's a relatively young man, and if the reporting is accurate, he's carried for less than three weeks. Barely past the "wally walk" stage.

Another image of the food court I saw posted, with a more normal camera focal length lens

There’s a square column (like the one on the left) to the right, outside of every pic posted. That I’ve been told he took the shot from.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:30:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I have a theory.  He left his laptop in the oven set at max temp with a can of some kind of explosive aerosol.  It never blew, but the laptop is damaged and, according to the presser, on its way to Quantico.

He was in the restroom for an hour, and left his phone in the toilet water.  I think he wanted to destroy his laptop and phone because he was in touch with a third party or enabler.  He probably was on the phone doing a war dance with a buddy for the hour before he cooked off.  

I think they will find that he was either egged on by an on line associate or he was communicating with a group.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tinfoil time. The guys at Quantico ARE the group he was communicating with...
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Another skinny incel looking type. What the heck is it about the type?
View Quote
Raised by mommy.

Fed soy and good feels.

Won trophy for every thing.

Never challenged for beliefs (see raised by mommy).

Never had actual consequences beyond having to respawn on Xbox.

Never told how the world really works.

Incel, because he believed the bullshit from mommy about what females want.

Somewhere along the line, dad checked out, left (tired of mommy's shit) or left his testicles in mommy's purse.

Wired wrong, set loose with money, mix that with possible drugs from a therapist or the street and onset of BPD that isn't caught because the little shit acted like a little shit all the time anyway.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:35:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hope we get to find out what was on the phone and laptop. My trust of the letter agencies is non-existent.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Must be kidding. NYPD hitting 4 out of 10 at 40 yards?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look like the "Good Samaritan" was 40 yards away from the active shooter when he fired 10 rounds. I hadn't seen that detail posted before. Good shooting.

Link

And hit 8/10

Puts him like double NYPD’s hit %.

Must be kidding. NYPD hitting 4 out of 10 at 40 yards?

They were 4 bystanders. Perp got away.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:36:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.  Point.  Well, I hope Indiana State Police are working on the cellular phone!

Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:39:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I hope we get top find out what was on the phone and laptop. My trust of the letter agencies is non-existent.
View Quote

Plausible, what the hell was he doing in the bathroom for an hour. Watching 'motivational' speeches/videos or talking to his handler.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:39:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

In 40SW
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In 40SW

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#22]
I wonder at what hit count the mass shooter went down?
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

His actual motives will dictate whether or not we ever officially hear about his motives. Remember how quick they scrubbed a 180 page manifesto that was all over the internet once people started pointing out the Buffalo shooter was a Lefty?
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:45:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Lol.  Point.  Well, I hope Indiana State Police are working on the cellular phone!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Phones are pretty water resistant these days but damn near impossible to unlock. Putting in the toilet killed the ability to track it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

How long until the feds claim all evidence in case of "civil rights" violations?
My, my, this tin foil hat fits wonderfully!
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:55:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

His actual motives will dictate whether or not we ever officially hear about his motives. Remember how quick they scrubbed a 180 page manifesto that was all over the internet once people started pointing out the Buffalo shooter was a Lefty?
View Quote

I can promise you a member here has it archived
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 10:07:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I wonder at what hit count the mass shooter went down?
View Quote

If it was a 9mm, he went down at the very first shot when the lungs blew clean out of his body.  Then 9 anchor shots for a victory lap.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Bruh
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In 40SW

Bruh

Hellcat
Irons
40SW
FMJ

oh man
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Bruh
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In 40SW

Bruh

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, I'm on the edge of my seat

In 40SW
Come on.  The hero is young, not stupid.

lulz
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 10:54:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Imagine trying to be an incel maskfag mass shooter and getting yeeted by the grip zone
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Imagine trying to be an incel maskfag mass shooter and getting yeeted by the grip zone
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

No matter what's on there they'll find white supremacy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 10:57:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

also brings up a point...that mask...chances of him being a non-lefty/anarchist-maybe are slim to none

stay frosty boys, they're getting froggier every day
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

My lord these people are ridiculous. There really isn't any middle ground anymore.
View Quote

anymore?

there never has been any middle ground
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:11:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
LOL So the left is mad at the good guy with a gun for "violating" the no weapons policy...

But ignore the actions of the guy actively trying to KILL people, also "violating" the no weapon policy, AND trying to KILL people....   Guess they are upset this sleeper cell didn't get the 20-30-40 they hoped for...?

The left is TRUELY ill, and they are showing it.

View Quote

it's called, having a monkey wrench ruin the agenda
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:14:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Hellcat
Irons
40SW
FMJ

oh man
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In 40SW

Bruh

Hellcat
Irons
40SW
FMJ

oh man

Plot twist: I heard the kid was field testing the 30 Super Carry prototype for Springfield
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:17:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Plot twist: I heard the kid was field testing the 30 Super Carry prototype for Springfield
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In 40SW

Bruh

Hellcat
Irons
40SW
FMJ

oh man

Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

All of that tile and that ceiling, shots from a 16" AR.

I can hear other peoples tinnitus ringing.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:26:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Do we have a poll yet for what the shooter was doing in the bathroom for an hour before coming out and getting shot?

Looking at anime pr0n?
Getting a pep talk from his FBI handlers?
Psyching himself up?
Finishing up writing his manifesto?
Trying to figure out how to load the magazines?
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:30:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Because no one trains with targets that shoot back
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

100% truth.

we shoot steel gongs at 100 yards routinely with our pistols.

train as you fight
fight as you train

Train as you fight, cites a steel gong that doesn’t move and doesn’t shoot back.  ROFL.

Because no one trains with targets that shoot back

James Yeager was a man ahead of his time.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:30:15 AM EDT
[#41]
I love how 22 of 433 is a statistical unicorn, but 433 of millions is significant and worth taking away constitutional rights.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#42]
similar may have been posted and i'm posting in both big threads, trying to get slightly scientific with some distance. This is 160ft from one end of the measuring "tape" to the bathrooms.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:37:28 AM EDT
[#43]
double tap
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:46:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
similar may have been posted and i'm posting in both big threads, trying to get slightly scientific with some distance. This is 160ft from one end of the measuring "tape" to the bathrooms.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/168726/gw_JPG-2459755.JPG
View Quote

There is also a 360  photo of the food court in google streetview

Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/168726/gw_JPG-2459755.JPG
View Quote

Sorry…couldn’t resist
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:50:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

No matter what's on there they'll find white supremacy.
View Quote

Don’t forget the MAGA hat.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:53:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

The boog equivalent of counting coup is pistol whipping someone hard enough with the ass end of an XD it stamps "grip zone" on their temple.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:57:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Skip to about 3:45

One Armed Hero is Better Than 100's of Heavier Armed Government Cowards: 15 Seconds vs. 77 Minutes

Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:58:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

And hit 8/10

View Quote

Hot damn this just keeps getting better and better! he shoots better than most cops!
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 12:03:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
This incident as should shut down all the point shooters, and snubby from the sweatshirt pocket posters... but it won't.
View Quote

Why? Most incidents happen close to contact range. This is not an average shooting.
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top