[#1]
Less than 5 times a year
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:41:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't used a car horn in over 5 years. It's just rude.
View Quote
Same here.  Assholes are assholes.  Better off to just let them be. Hitting the horn won’t change anything and might get you shot in shitcago. Go with the flow.

ETA:  When I was in Israel they use their horn once a minute.  The scooter riders are fucking CRAZY.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#4]
every time I head head out to the car and my wife says, just a moment, I’ll be right out. It’s never just one moment and she doesn’t come right out. I’m assuming this is the principal reason horns are standard issue on cars and trains (trains board female passengers, too).
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:41:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:42:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Several times a week probably.

I’m pretty conservative in using it, only as a last result. However IF YOURE SWERVING INTO MY LANE ABOUT TO HIT ME yes I will lay on that fucker for about 15 seconds straight.

How some of you get by with never using it is beyond me unless you live somewhere with zero traffic. I’d be hit several times a month if I didn’t use it.

Also—most places in Texas you can turn right on a red light unless there is a sign saying you can’t. If you have your right turn blinker on, there is no oncoming traffic, and you refuse to turn right, I’ll tap my horn. If you flip me off and continue to sit there like a moron, I will lay on the horn for as long as it takes for you to move your ass.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#8]
In Jordan its the law that you have to lay on the horn every second that you are driving.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:47:15 PM EDT
[#9]
SEVERAL times a day. Stupid people not quite comprehending what is about to run their asses over if they DO go ahead and pull out in front of me is by far the biggest reason.
Attachment Attached File

49 inch tall tires, yo....

Attachment Attached File

2000 Camry, for size comparison
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:47:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If she's anything like my wife, the more you blow the horn, the longer it will take.  
View Quote
I don’t even start getting ready for things early anymore. I’m often almost naked until she’s 95% done getting ready... and I still beat her out to the car.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Several times a week probably.

I'm pretty conservative in using it, only as a last result. However IF YOURE SWERVING INTO MY LANE ABOUT TO HIT ME yes I will lay on that fucker for about 15 seconds straight.

How some of you get by with never using it is beyond me unless you live somewhere with zero traffic. I'd be hit several times a month if I didn't use it.

Alsomost places in Texas you can turn right on a red light unless there is a sign saying you can't. If you have your right turn blinker on, there is no oncoming traffic, and you refuse to turn right, I'll tap my horn. If you flip me off and continue to sit there like a moron, I will lay on the horn for as long as it takes for you to move your ass.
View Quote
Legally, turning right on red is permitted but not required.  In GA at least.  But yeah, I'd want them to go too.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:51:00 PM EDT
[#12]
LOL.

I'm in Miami, I use the horn about as often as I use the brakes.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:52:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
SEVERAL times a day. Stupid people not quite comprehending what is about to run their asses over if they DO go ahead and pull out in front of me is by far the biggest reason.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/476019/IMG_20190902_102630_jpg-1153348.JPG
49 inch tall tires, yo....

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/476019/IMG_20191005_141629_jpg-1153350.JPG

2000 Camry, for size comparison
View Quote
Pain In The Ass?

Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:53:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Pain In The Ass?

View Quote
Yep. For something that is "gender neutral", it sure CAN be a PITA at times..... Most of the time though, it behaves itself and we all lovingly refer to it as the "Beastie Wagon".
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:58:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Not very much at all.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

In Chicago, it felt like you would get a honk if the light changed and you did not immediately go into lightspeed.  
View Quote
Here you just automatically honk when the light turns green. There's a 99% chance the first person in line isn't paying attention. I need to do a MSPaint of the intersection from hell by where I work.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Many folks make big mistake,
rely on horn in stead of brake.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Fucking boomers
View Quote
Them, and folks who won't move once the light turns green because they are busy texting.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Usually I'm beeping at folks I know.  It doesn't make any sense to use the horn as a warning device because the kind of driver that needs a heads up around here is so loaded up on opiates they wouldn't recognize the sound anyway.  I'm going to go with a full 1/3 of the population of Southern Ohio is totally zonked out on any given day.

A quick "beep beep" around these parts is like saying "howdy neighbor".  Except for that asshole I know who works for the railroad who delights in blasting the living shit out of his horn every time he runs past my house.  You know who you are.  I'd ask you to stop but that would only acknowledge that his bad behavior is getting noticed.  Some day I will have my revenge.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:04:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
About once a week for me
View Quote
This for me. Also, "courtesy honks" are getting far more frequent with all the dumbfucks who continue texting away as the light turns green.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Used it about 20 minutes ago at some doofus coming out (the wrong way) a one way street I was trying to turn into.

It tends to get used several times a week at the many doofuses out there.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:07:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Too often. Mainly people sitting at green lights in front of me, glued to their God damn phone.

The other thing is, to get to work, I have to make a right turn going west and turning north, at a continuous flow intersection. East West traffic gets ONE green light. North south traffic is heavy as hell at that time of the morning, so turning right on a red light is almost impossible. Left and right turners are supposed to turn at the same time on green.  A thing happens so regularly at this intersection that I have to use my horn constantly. Sometimes I lay on it, if the fucker in front of me just won't go. What happens is, a lot of people sit at the green light and DONT turn, because they're afraid of the left turners swinging wide. Some of them do. You have to time your right turn, so that the left turner into the middle lane can clearly see you, and would be on your rear quarter panel once you both turn. Anyway, it drives me nucking futs having these ignorant drivers who don't know what a damn green light means wasting my time.

MS Paint for reference.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/157305/paint-1153318.png
View Quote
Haha.  If we had that intersection here I'd have to keep an OH-1 custom configured just to keep up with the volume of calls.  There's no way in the fucking universe our addict population could even begin to comprehend turning in their own lane.  Usually they have to swing wide and then make a dozen course corrections for the next two blocks until their vision catches up with them.  I suppose they could be swerving to miss the giant bats and flying sharks.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Glad you're ok, WhiskersTheCat.

I haven't had a 2-horn day like yours since 2017 most likely.

I did have a one-horn day earlier this year.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Several times a week. Mostly honking at dogs, deer, and other various animals in my way. Country life.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:10:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Once or twice a year I guess. Usually for animals.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:12:10 PM EDT
[#27]
I live in Houston

Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't call it a horn. I call it a look up from your phone alarm.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:13:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Fucking boomers
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every fucking day around here.

Always some jackass retard on their phone or some old fuck that can't see shit.
Fucking boomers
Yeah, but who's in the Corvette taking in the scenery in the left lane and who is just sitting there having a stroke and watching said Corvette's tail lights?  Stop and smell the roses.

Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:15:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Rarely.  If you're trying to back into my car in a parking lot, I'll use it.  If you sit through a whole traffic light cycle on your phone, I might use it then.  Would rather use a "love tap", but it's frowned upon these days.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:16:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yeah, but who's in the Corvette taking in the scenery in the left lane and who is just sitting there having a stroke and watching said Corvette's tail lights?  Stop and smell the roses.

http://www.corvetteblog.com/images/various/PaceCarLover.JPG
View Quote
That will get him back and forth to the cardiologist nice and quick.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Back in SGF,MO - almost never.

Now that I'm in Miami, several times a day.  It's unreal.

I HAVE learned to immediately honk at NY,NJ and Canadian plates.

ETA also honk at cars with Miami Heat plates or "I am MDC" stickers
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:20:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Several times a week.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:24:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
UT drivers are the worst in the nation.
View Quote
Fact.

What's up with that? I-15 along the Wasatch Front is terrifying.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:28:09 PM EDT
[#35]
I use it more during "season" down here is SFL. Damn snowbirds... if they can't figure out which way they want to go, they just stop in the middle of the road.

And the red light phone people

Sometimes if someone around us honks their horn we will too. Sometimes it starts multiple people honking. The people not honking look confused.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:31:53 PM EDT
[#36]
"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once: If I ever honk at you, you'll be awake. You'll be in front of me, and you'll be driving."
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Around here, very rarely - because this town can get small fast. And also because this is 100% true:

Attachment Attached File

Rural Montana Survival Guide
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#38]
I flip people off and lean out the window and cuss them out before I use a horn

Its just not intuitive to me I guess.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once: If I ever honk at you, you'll be awake. You'll be in front of me, and you'll be driving."
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Horn goes off on remote start and when I lock it up.

Other than that it doesn't get used much, I've learned that dumb shits continue being what they are with or without the use of the horn.

Don't need the stress, live and let live.
I try to stay vigilant when in a vehicle because you're enclosed in it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:40:18 PM EDT
[#41]
ask them

Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Eurotrip Soccer Hooligans Driving
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Almost never. It's a warning device, not a form of protest.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Almost never. It's a warning device, not a form of protest.
View Quote
Alerting the dipshits here drifting into my lane is a daily issue here lately.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Horns really should be a trigger button not at the center of the wheel, or maybe a foot button on automatic cars.

Generally I use a quick beep if someone is not moving at a light or something but rarely a long blast if they are doing asshole/dangerous stuff.

The thing is, the LAST FUCKING PLACE I want a hand is on the horn if my airbag goes off so for evasive maneuvers it's often a "fuck you buddy" after the event rather than to prevent the event.

That is the one thing my old Mercury Tracer had right, a little thumb button for it that kept the hands on and in full control of the wheel.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 3:08:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I honestly don't remember the last time I used it, and that was probably to get a dog out of the road.
View Quote
This. Or a hello.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Horns really should be a trigger button not at the center of the wheel, or maybe a foot button on automatic cars.

Generally I use a quick beep if someone is not moving at a light or something but rarely a long blast if they are doing asshole/dangerous stuff.

The thing is, the LAST FUCKING PLACE I want a hand is on the horn if my airbag goes off so for evasive maneuvers it's often a "fuck you buddy" after the event rather than to prevent the event.

That is the one thing my old Mercury Tracer had right, a little thumb button for it that kept the hands on and in full control of the wheel.
View Quote
I had a station wagon that we used when racing bicycles that we installed a Turkey Wobbler horn onto. If you watch bicycle races, you will know the sound.

It could toggle between the wobbler sound or having all three air trumpets blast at once.

The horn button was mounted on the back of the steering wheel at the two o'clock position.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

How Often Do You Use Your Horn?
View Quote

Fuck You Shoresy
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 3:20:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Almost never
You have to really piss me off to get me to lean on the horn
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I am generally amazed at how little people in DC and NoVA use their horns.

I think it's because the traffic is SO terrible, that everyone's will has been broken, and they have resigned themselves to the "oh well, I'll get there when I get there" mindset .  People honk a LOT more in all of the other places I have lived and regularly drive.  (Which include St. Louis, Chicago, Nashville and Orlando/Space Coast).
View Quote
Back when I lived up there I used my horn about 4 times a day during my commute from NOVA to DC. I moved to FL a few years ago, and I might use my horn 3 times a month.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top