Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#1]
offer free double dose of liquid Benadryl?

Add to menu

*** all children that have any behavior complained about by any member of esablishment shall have dinner bill quadrupled***

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:13:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Silence is Golden, but Duct Tape is Silver
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mine are too young to really be mobile or misbehave, but they do sometimes cry for a few minutes or make funny sounds. Im not locking my kids and family in the house until they are able to sit silenty for 2hrs out of fear that your meal at texas roadhouse might be disrupted. If getting married and reproducing arent something to look forward to, why do I see so many "men" on here blaming there inability to get a girl on society and modern women.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Usually the bigger problem is with boomers entitled expectation that they should be able to go to a family style restaurant without hearing any sound come out of a child. Kids exist and even if well behaved make noise. If the business is fine serving families either deal with it or leave.
Lol, nice shot, newby. I don't think its just "Boomers" that get annoyed with your misbehaving fuck trophies.

The fact that you call children "fuck trophies" says a lot about your attitude and outlook. People that think your way are either: 1 salty incels/genetic dead ends; 2 idividualistic liberals who cant see beyond their own "needs"; or 3 boomers looking to bitch about a minor/rare/nonexistant inconvienence. If you hate children and can't stand to be around them, the problem is with you and not with God's plan for our reproduction.

Sounds like his "fucktrophies" lEgAcY misbehave. Managing to reproduce is such an accomplishment
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/0c96c781a5e6260d0827848aec47d205-381.gif

Mine are too young to really be mobile or misbehave, but they do sometimes cry for a few minutes or make funny sounds. Im not locking my kids and family in the house until they are able to sit silenty for 2hrs out of fear that your meal at texas roadhouse might be disrupted. If getting married and reproducing arent something to look forward to, why do I see so many "men" on here blaming there inability to get a girl on society and modern women.

You're the one who had a hissy fit about people ITT calling the unruly offspring of shitbag parents "fucktrophies".

Cry harder, "tradcon".
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:17:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You're the one who had a hissy fit about people ITT calling the unruly offspring of shitbag parents "fucktrophies".

Cry harder, "tradcon".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Usually the bigger problem is with boomers entitled expectation that they should be able to go to a family style restaurant without hearing any sound come out of a child. Kids exist and even if well behaved make noise. If the business is fine serving families either deal with it or leave.
Lol, nice shot, newby. I don't think its just "Boomers" that get annoyed with your misbehaving fuck trophies.

The fact that you call children "fuck trophies" says a lot about your attitude and outlook. People that think your way are either: 1 salty incels/genetic dead ends; 2 idividualistic liberals who cant see beyond their own "needs"; or 3 boomers looking to bitch about a minor/rare/nonexistant inconvienence. If you hate children and can't stand to be around them, the problem is with you and not with God's plan for our reproduction.

Sounds like his "fucktrophies" lEgAcY misbehave. Managing to reproduce is such an accomplishment

Cry harder, "tradcon".

We could go with "sentient sootkins".
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:19:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My father had a pretty dastardly way of dealing with unruly children at parties or events.   Once he'd had enough of the screaming and misbehaving child (and their parents failing to handle it) he'd casually walk past and pinch the kid on the arm.

He had his arm-pinch down to a science and it hurt like hell but didn't even leave a mark.  Then when the kid would scream and point at him he'd feign total innocence and deny everything. The crazy thing is his technique actually worked. Nobody would believe that this well dressed, well respected man would ever do anything like that. This would cause the child to start screaming even louder when its parents refused to believe it and almost always ended up with the family leaving the event.

Sometimes the old ways are the best.  However in today's clown world the old ways would probably get him arrested.
View Quote

How is it a bad thing that in today's world you can't walk around touching a stranger's child?  Sounds like a weird/creepy/unnecessary way to deal with things.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#6]
You simply need to keep the parents of screaming children out of the restaurant.  

Then, their spawn will not follow along with them to ruin everyone else's meal.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I remember a time when people didn't let their kids run around a restaurant like a little bastard.  We recently went to a local upscale pizza place and the people sitting near us gave their son a tablet with it blasting full fucking blast.  I locked eyes with the dad, gave him one of those "i'll skull fuck your wife, asshole" looks.  He quickly snatched the tablet from the kid and turned it off.
View Quote

High end pizza?

You must have back problems sitting on a Bad Motha Fucka wallet all the time.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:21:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I suppose a catapult would be going too far?
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:23:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How is it a bad thing that in today's world you can't walk around touching a stranger's child?  Sounds like a weird/creepy/unnecessary way to deal with things.
View Quote

Oh I agree, I'd be pretty pissed if some dude pinched my kid on the arm.  But on the other hand my kids mostly behave in public and if they don't I remove them from the situation so they aren't bothering other people.  My father only used this tactic on the worst of the worst when the bad parents were allowing their child to ruin the environment for everyone else.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it worked.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:27:02 PM EDT
[#10]

How much for the women?
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:28:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cry harder, "tradcon".

too cerebral
perfect
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:31:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Start your own 18+ restaurant?
I’ll take my kids with me to any fancy restaurant I want.  You’re free to leave and bitch about it on a website like a pussy.
View Quote

I think I’ll have a cigar
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:What kind of trash refers to kids as "fuck trophies"?
View Quote

Oh…the little darlings!
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:42:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Eat in the bar area.

The rest is the kids section.

Also don't eat at shitty restaurants aimed at family dining
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:43:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you took offense to the term fuck trophies, I apologize. It must be difficult to have unruly children and having it called out is embarrassing. Again, I apologize and will amend my behavior.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:45:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Not exactly a restaurant but the resort we like in Mexico on the Riviera Maya has a bunch of restaurants and bars.  No one under 18 is allowed to stay at the property.

No kids in any of the 9 restaurants, 14 bars, at the gigantic pools, on the 1/2 mile beach, at the evening live entertainment.  

To keep the riff-raff out price, long pants, a collared shirt, closed-toe shoes are required at all the restaurants except one for the evening meals.  

No kids.  Anywhere.  Wonderful.  We've been there a total of 38 nights over 4 trips.  Going back in June for 14 nights.  Two weeks where that last kids we'll see is when leaving the Cancun airport on arrival and again when we return for the flight home.  

This is a huge place.  

There are larger mega-resorts down there that have sub resorts.  There is in them at least one sub resort that is adults only.  You'd still hear the shrill screams of kids in the distance.  No way.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:50:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Nudie pictures on the tables and a deck of Cards Against Humanity the dirty version. 18+.

I dont like screaming kids at places I am paying big dollars to whine and dine someone. Leave your brats at home.
View Quote
Imagine you are at a fine dining establishment with the woman of your dreams.  You are going to pop the question, the conversation turns to having a family, and a couple with screaming kids enters.  Pop the question then and get turned down RFN.  Last you heard of the woman of your dreams you heard she has become a nun.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:11:35 PM EDT
[#19]
It's sad that it is an issue.
My kids have all went with us to high end places. Vacation, road trip, visiting relative, whatever.
Probably a combination of luck, fear and good parenting, this was never an issue.
Several times we've gotten comments from other guests. They usually started with "When they first sat you, we were worried.."
Really good kids. It was a total joy to raise them.

Good memories can come from nice dinners with very small kids. On a Christmas shopping trip to NYC, we were waiting for our dinner table at the Plaza.
We asked our 3 year old what she might want for dinner. She responded kinda jolly, "Happy Birthday cake".
We didn't indulge our kids like that, but it seemed like the right time. We told the waiter it was her birthday, and after she ate her food, a bunch of tuxedoed waiters came out with a little birthday cake singing happy birthday. The Mrs. and I could hardly keep from laughing..
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:16:00 PM EDT
[#20]
It used to be that parents would get a sitter when going out to eat while the children were young. They'd wait until the kids could be told to shut up in public before inflicting them on the public at a restaurant. Now parents simply don't give a fuck. They'll take their noisy shit-goblins a nice brew pub and let the scream and shout and carry on like it's perfectly normal. The only way to escape is to visit a pub that's designated as a bar instead of a restaurant. But even that's no guarantee you'll avoid sonic ass-hattery. Just the other day at my favorite pub some asshole propped his phone up against his glass at the bar and face-timed some lady and carried out a loud conversation with the tinny speaker blaring away. The only way to comfortably eat anymore these days is to bring a pair of noise-canceling earphones and crank them up while eating.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#21]
I was gonna say burlesque club…
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I find razor wire stymies most young children.

For the ones that get past, I recommend belt-fed, armor piercing.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#23]
please link me up with this resort. mucho gracias.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:29:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It used to be that parents would get a sitter when going out to eat while the children were young. They'd wait until the kids could be told to shut up in public before inflicting them on the public at a restaurant. Now parents simply don't give a fuck. They'll take their noisy shit-goblins a nice brew pub and let the scream and shout and carry on like it's perfectly normal. The only way to escape is to visit a pub that's designated as a bar instead of a restaurant. But even that's no guarantee you'll avoid sonic ass-hattery. Just the other day at my favorite pub some asshole propped his phone up against his glass at the bar and face-timed some lady and carried out a loud conversation with the tinny speaker blaring away. The only way to comfortably eat anymore these days is to bring a pair of noise-canceling earphones and crank them up while eating.
View Quote

You know how no one can find people to work right now?  Same thing for babysitting.  I suppose someone could pay $50 per hour and find someone but even then I’m not sure you could find a sitter.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What is your definition of high end restaurant?
View Quote

Well, when we were assigned to the NTC (Fort Irwin) in the 80s, The Idle Spurs Steakhouse was The Greater Barstow--Ft Irwin Metropolitan Area's fine dining*--this, because they put out two forks on the plate's left (even though they were the same size).

(*actually, we liked Rosita's best)
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Not exactly a restaurant but the resort we like in Mexico on the Riviera Maya has a bunch of restaurants and bars.  No one under 18 is allowed to stay at the property.

No kids in any of the 9 restaurants, 14 bars, at the gigantic pools, on the 1/2 mile beach, at the evening live entertainment.  

To keep the riff-raff out price, long pants, a collared shirt, closed-toe shoes are required at all the restaurants except one for the evening meals.  

No kids.  Anywhere.  Wonderful.  We've been there a total of 38 nights over 4 trips.  Going back in June for 14 nights.  Two weeks where that last kids we'll see is when leaving the Cancun airport on arrival and again when we return for the flight home.  

This is a huge place.  

There are larger mega-resorts down there that have sub resorts.  There is in them at least one sub resort that is adults only.  You'd still hear the shrill screams of kids in the distance.  No way.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/312702/IMG_4315_JPG-2247569.JPG  
View Quote

This.

When the wife and I go on vacation or go to dinner, it's a place where parents don't take kids or kids aren't allowed. When we take our kids to dinner, we take them to family-appropriate places.

On the few instances (business trips mostly) where kids are welcome but I don't want them acting like assholes, we 'practice' before we go and I tell them "I will beat you like a drum if you act like a retard — do not 'Rick James' our dinner!"

You might think I'm trying to be funny or cute. Luckily, my kids know better.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:39:07 PM EDT
[#27]
If our kids were misbehaving we would take them outside and sit in the car with them.  Several years of limited dining out.  Our first dinner out without the kids we ended up getting seated next to a talbe with noisy kids.  A restaurant that we used to go to on vacation had a sign by the door that that basically said no kids.  We would dump our kids at the resorts kids night out.  It was nice.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:46:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Asking me?  Another feature is it has never been crowded.  Never rushed.  

If so here is their site - https://en.valentinmaya.com/  

Tripadvisor for pics and reviews.  https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g3198845-d774804-Reviews-Valentin_Imperial_Riviera_Maya-Playa_del_Secreto_Playa_del_Carmen_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

We're old.  The bulk of the guests are younger than we are.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Keep a tablet nearby. Honestly let them look at the screen for the hour or whatever it is. Kids don't want to sit in a high class restaurant while the parents gorge themselves on steak and wine. They want chicken nuggies and milk
View Quote
What is it with ARFCOM and the English language?
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#30]
$2500. cover charge.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:54:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Keep a tablet nearby. Honestly let them look at the screen for the hour or whatever it is. Kids don't want to sit in a high class restaurant while the parents gorge themselves on steak and wine. They want chicken nuggies and milk

yellsatcloud.jpg
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I find razor wire stymies most young children.

For the ones that get past, I recommend belt-fed, armor piercing.
View Quote

This is really uncalled for.  

A 10/22 is clearly adequate for small children.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Go out later??

If you're eating your Boomer dinner at 4:00pm, expect kids to be there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 5:03:22 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Asking me?  Another feature is it has never been crowded.  Never rushed.  

If so here is their site - https://en.valentinmaya.com/  

Tripadvisor for pics and reviews.  https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g3198845-d774804-Reviews-Valentin_Imperial_Riviera_Maya-Playa_del_Secreto_Playa_del_Carmen_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

We're old.  The bulk of the guests a younger than we are.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/312702/IMG_4320_JPG-2247667.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/312702/IMG_2709_JPG-2247673.JPG

Kid-free is definitely CRITICAL when it comes to vacations.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 5:09:55 PM EDT
[#35]
dup
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 5:24:25 PM EDT
[#36]
My kids have been going out to eat with us since they were old enough to sit in a chair and feed their selves.  I can think of maybe two times I had to take one out because he was melting down.  And that does happen with kids, even the best of them.  The other hundreds of times they were perfect gentlemen.  The expectation was always that they behave and they generally meet their expectations.  

My favorite time was on one of my birthdays and we went to an extremely nice Italian place.  The boys knew how to eat so it wasn't like we were worried.  During the give and take of ordering, one of the boys ordered a simple dish but lamented that such a great Italian restaruant lacked pizza on the menu.  The waitress walked off, the owner came back, discussed what a truly great pizza was like with my son and then told him he was about to experience pizza he wouldn't find anywhere else in North America.  It was incredible, and totally unsolicited.  You know, it's nice when you see folks at other tables smiling at your kids because they know how to behave in public.  

If a child is disrupting the other guests, the management is well within it's right to ask the family to leave.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 5:33:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

My favorite time was on one of my birthdays and we went to an extremely nice Italian place.  The boys knew how to eat so it wasn't like we were worried.  During the give and take of ordering, one of the boys ordered a simple dish but lamented that such a great Italian restaruant lacked pizza on the menu.  The waitress walked off, the owner came back, discussed what a truly great pizza was like with my son and then told him he was about to experience pizza he wouldn't find anywhere else in North America.  It was incredible, and totally unsolicited.  You know, it's nice when you see folks at other tables smiling at your kids because they know how to behave in public.  
View Quote

That's a cool story.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Cry harder, "tradcon".
View Quote

Might be just me, but I don't view being called a traditional conservative as an insult.  If you don''t like being called out on your neoliberal attitude toward children, I saw a link some time ago to a subreddit, r\childfree, that would be perfect for you. Plenty of enlightened liberals for you to bad mouth families about with far away from us nasty "tradcons".
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
At my age - looks like kids to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
At my age - looks like kids to me.

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Pick them up by the hair and punt them out the door.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Might be just me, but I don't view being called a traditional conservative as an insult.  If you don''t like being called out on your neoliberal attitude toward children, I saw a link some time ago to a subreddit, r\childfree, that would be perfect for you. Plenty of enlightened liberals for you to bad mouth families about with far away from us nasty "tradcons".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cry harder, "tradcon".

You tell 'em, 21er.

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

An adult touching my kid or a random kid will get me yelling that pedophile touched my kid.

How is that even remotely acceptable?

And beating the shit out of your kid and "dragging them outside" doesn't work. It never has worked. If it worked and there were no issues with it you'd do it in front of everyone at the restaurant to really show little Jimmy some humiliation.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If you took offense to the term fuck trophies, I apologize. It must be difficult to have unruly children and having it called out is embarrassing. Again, I apologize and will amend my behavior.
View Quote

You can take the authoritarian out of California but can't take the authoritarian out of the Californian.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 5:52:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Define "high class restaurant".
HINT: It ain't Olive Garden or Golden Corral.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cry harder, "tradcon".

me, a neolib?

Attachment Attached File

the only families I bad mouth are the ones with shitty parents raising shitty kids - why are you so bootyhurt, bro?

ETA: tfw "tradcons" who are actually 2nd wave feminists think they're tRaDiTiOnAl - your "traditionalism" is relative to the early 20th century, you're not traditional relative to the centuries before the 20th century
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
"How do you keep screaming children out of a high-class restaurant?"

Don't let them in?
View Quote

This.

I’ve seen a few restaurants that have age restrictions. Usually it’s like “13 and over” to basically prevent parents from bringing screaming kids etc.

Unfortunately Hell hath no wrath like a Mommy Karen scorned. Cos the few restaurants I saw with such restrictions got lots of gripes from people who were “offended”.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:00:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

me, a neolib?

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif

the only families I bad mouth are the ones with shitty parents raising shitty kids - why are you so bootyhurt, bro?

ETA: tfw "tradcons" who are actually 2nd wave feminists think they're tRaDiTiOnAl - your "traditionalism" is relative to the early 20th century, you're not traditional relative to the centuries before the 20th century
View Quote

I dont know how it would make me a second wave feminist, but I am cool with being traditional in the early 1900s sense.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Nothing says High Class like nudie cards
View Quote

Taseful nudes.  No lips unless incidental due to size, and well manucured bush. Clearly no spead ass holes, except maybe the jokers.  You know, classy.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top