Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You guys just hang out in the wrong trailer parks.
View Quote
Eminem - Without Me (Official Music Video)
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This is not true, but it is repeated a LOT!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But, more importantly, the spoiler was only that tall so that the trunk could be opened.
This is not true, but it is repeated a LOT!
Sounds better than the truth.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
All that power and cant out do a honda with a few thousand dollars of add ons. My brother purchased a old honda civic for $500. Swapped the motor with a accura motor and a few add ons. total price when done, $6000 and he has been beating lambos, hell cats and an str10. all that money and a hell cat cant beat a civic at 1/4 the cost.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 2:06:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 2:07:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
All that power and cant out do a honda with a few thousand dollars of add ons. My brother purchased a old honda civic for $500. Swapped the motor with a accura motor and a few add ons. total price when done, $6000 and he has been beating lambos, hell cats and an str10. all that money and a hell cat cant beat a civic at 1/4 the cost.
View Quote
Um, no.   They haven't been racing him.  They have been driving slowly as he beats on his car flying past them for a "win".  See it all the time.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Um, no.   They haven't been racing him.  They have been driving slowly as he beats on his car flying past them for a "win".  See it all the time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They're probably just barely idling out of a stop and Honda boy thinks they're racing.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I watched a hellcat race a stock GTR, GTR won.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 2:12:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I looked at 1986 Trans AMs that had just been dropped off at a dealership.  All of them had trim pieces falling off and the one I drove ran very rough.  Salesman told me it was normal for their service department to have to "fine tune" vehicles fresh from the factory.  I lost interest in these cars very quickly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 1989 Trans Am's also had some of the worst quality control in a new car that I have seen.

I worked at a Pontiac dealer back then and we received two of them, one had the hood stuck closed because of the paint on the underside of the hood and when they finally got it open big chunks of paint were stuck to all the rubber bumpers.

It had to be like that when it left the company that final assembly was outsourced to.

The other one ran like crap, spent tons of time in the service dept even after it was sold.
I looked at 1986 Trans AMs that had just been dropped off at a dealership.  All of them had trim pieces falling off and the one I drove ran very rough.  Salesman told me it was normal for their service department to have to "fine tune" vehicles fresh from the factory.  I lost interest in these cars very quickly.
I test drove one and thought it was shit. 86 T/A
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 2:29:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
lol that is the most retarded comparison possible.

A worn out $500 shitbox with a hot engine in it isn't even comparable to a brand new car, full interior full of creature comforts, 707hp, and a factory warranty.

I get that your brother has a fast car, but there is alot more to a car than how fast it can go in a straight line.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Awd is great for launching. Much easier to put the power to the ground.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Interesting facts:

The 1970 LS6 454 was the highest rated HP motor to be built by Detroit during the muscle car years.

BBC motors were nicknamed rat motors. They got that nickname, as the Hemi was an "elephant motor". Elephants are afraid of rats.

Chevrolet had an internal rule keeping the CID of their small and midsize cars below 400 cubic inches (Impala was exempt) in an effort to keep the Corvette as the king of the hill. (How Motion/YSC made their trademark).

Some 396's were actually 402s but the marketing/fan base was already in place for the 396.

The M-22 4-speed was nicknamed "The rockcrusher" from the distinctive whine when in gear, caused by the angles of the internal gears.

GM of Canada made many of their cars with plastic inner fender wells, as opposed to the sheetmetal. I was able to send my VIN to GMoC and get all the paperwork on my car.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 2:53:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It was a real stock production car along with the Superbird. So no, it is not a stretch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This 1969 dodge is a stretch to say stock bodied. It was a race car. It was massaged on a lot of levels . The first car to hit 200 was a 1 of 1 in a time with almost no road rules. A real stock production car you have to wait for the F40
It was a real stock production car along with the Superbird. So no, it is not a stretch.
The cars that did 200 on the salt flats did it with a Nascar qualifying engine . Not exactly stock , The cars at Talladega not exactly stock either.

Here is the first 200 mph record holder .It has a stock body and low production numbers.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 2:59:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You can be ticketed here for "demonstration of power".  Vague enough that there is a law for how quick you are.  It was originally intended for squeeling tires when the light turned green.  Brought to you by the same city that made it a crime for "unnecessary repetitive driving" because high school kids "cruised the avenue".
View Quote
@the_reaper which town urbandale or Ames? I've cruised enough through Iowa dropping the clutch at lights without a blink. Correction, thinking about it more, I've been scolded once or twice but a old farmer yelling a me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 3:00:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 1989 Trans Am's also had some of the worst quality control in a new car that I have seen.

I worked at a Pontiac dealer back then and we received two of them, one had the hood stuck closed because of the paint on the underside of the hood and when they finally got it open big chunks of paint were stuck to all the rubber bumpers.

It had to be like that when it left the company that final assembly was outsourced to.

The other one ran like crap, spent tons of time in the service dept even after it was sold.
I was testing driving an IROC Z..in 86..fresh of the showroom. Had the 5.0 HO..in it. The engine blew up on it shot 5 miles out of the dealer. The sales guy was like..oh man again ??

I bought a 911
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 3:02:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The cars that did 200 on the salt flats did it with a Nascar qualifying engine . Not exactly stock , The cars at Talladega not exactly stock either.

https://image.redbull.com/rbcom/010/2015-07-31/1331738383991_4/0010/1/900/600/1/the-wolverhampton-built-sunbeam-1000hp-broke-the-land-speed-world-record.jpg
Here is the first 200 mph record holder .It has a stock body and low production numbers.
View Quote
I misunderstood your original post. I thought your were implying that they weren't stock cars, because they were.  Nascar even used the aero package that could be purchased at the dealership.  Yes, the motor was not stock, but no car in a Nascar race had the stock motor.  A Daytona or Superbird right off the dealer lot could probably go in the 160 MPH range.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 3:04:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Dupe
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 3:17:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 3:19:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
And, in the end it's still just a honda.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And, in the end it's still just a honda.
I would not go bragging about having a ricer..in the family.  

Also B.S., putting an Acura motor in it, what the NSX..motor ?? U know Acura and Honda motors are basically the same thing. They don t have fire breathing S/C..Engines..

A few bolt one to a 4 cyl..is not beating shit other than 16 year old Latin kids in similar shit. The amount of tranny and driveline..work would be astronomical to handle that type of up.

You are the guy that would come on my old M5/M6 forum and talk shit about his modded civic..lolz
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 3:23:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Has this guy been back to claim this is the truth, he swears?
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 3:23:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Speedkore has engineered full sheet metal replacement to all carbon fiber skins.
This produced a 600 lb. weight reduction of the Hellcat.  
They also slapped a 4.5L Whipple on and re-tuned for 1100 HP.
Available for Mustangs too.

Going carbon fiber is not cheap at $70K
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The Boss 429 holds the record as having the largest hood scoop on a factory production car.  (until we get a good comparison to the Challenger Demon which may be bigger)
View Quote
I had to look it up. How do they measure hood scoops?
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 3:38:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 3:46:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The Boss 429 holds the record as having the largest hood scoop on a factory production car.  (until we get a good comparison to the Challenger Demon which may be bigger)

The 1996 Camaro SS holds the record for having the most magazine coverage for a newly released car (it was on the cover of over 20 major publications)

The 1989 Turbo Trans Am was the fastest post muscle car era GM performance car until the LS1 came out running low low 13s when everything else was in the 14s including the Corvette.

The 1969 Charger Daytona was the first stock bodied car to break the 200mph barrier.
View Quote
And it got so little press coverage, that even today, hardly anyone knows it existed. I'll never understand why GM hated their turbo line-up so much. They almost forced it to fail.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 3:50:18 PM EDT
[#25]
The motor,tranny, and driveshaft might not be factory, but the hood scoop is
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm not sure the hellcats will be classics.  The demons might if they keep the production down. 
View Quote
I doubt any of today's cars with all the electronics up the wazoo will ever be classics.  So many little resistors and capacitors and microprocessors that will go poof over time.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 4:07:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Interesting facts:

The 1970 LS6 454 was the highest rated HP motor to be built by Detroit during the muscle car years.

BBC motors were nicknamed rat motors. They got that nickname, as the Hemi was an "elephant motor". Elephants are afraid of rats.

Chevrolet had an internal rule keeping the CID of their small and midsize cars below 400 cubic inches (Impala was exempt) in an effort to keep the Corvette as the king of the hill. (How Motion/YSC made their trademark).

Some 396's were actually 402s but the marketing/fan base was already in place for the 396.

The M-22 4-speed was nicknamed "The rockcrusher" from the distinctive whine when in gear, caused by the angles of the internal gears.

GM of Canada made many of their cars with plastic inner fender wells, as opposed to the sheetmetal. I was able to send my VIN to GMoC and get all the paperwork on my car.  
View Quote
426 Hemis being called Elephants had nothing to do with the Rat Motor name.  Big Block Chevys were called Rat Motors because they were larger than their Small Block Chevy brethren which were sometimes called Mighty Mouse engines.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol. The ricer flyby strikes again!

Let me guess if he puts a $100 bill on the dash you can't grab it because the car launches so hard.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This is true, I've had way more interest in my Hellcat from men than women. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lambo driver went home and slayed loads of pussy. Old Honda civic driver just sucked dick
Lol, cars attract men.
This is true, I've had way more interest in my Hellcat from men than women. 
Best chick magnet car I ever had was a Smart cart, the first year they were out.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 4:16:22 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Oooo, good call. The 68 Super Stock Darts had big ass scoops from the factory. Limited production but were they street legal? I know they came from the factory without a warranty because, you know....race car
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm a driver for a large dealership in town.  I had to drive to Raleigh to get a guy to sign his lease agreement on a Dodge Hellcat.  It was a 2016 used with 30k on it.  His lease payment was $978 a month.
View Quote
???
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Let me guess if he puts a $100 bill on the dash you can't grab it because the car launches so hard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol..Vatos..put a  bag of weed on the dash now. Carroll Shelby would not be happy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
it's difficult to get a hellcat to hook on stock tires
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 4:39:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
no he wasn't. shut up.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol..Vatos..put a  bag of weed on the dash now. Carroll Shelby would not be happy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 4:42:18 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote
Is the Hellcat a racecar or a ludicrously powerful touring car?
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 4:43:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Is the Hellcat a racecar or a ludicrously powerful touring car?
View Quote
It's a ludicrously appointed drag car.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 4:47:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You can be ticketed here for "demonstration of power".  Vague enough that there is a law for how quick you are.  It was originally intended for squeeling tires when the light turned green.  Brought to you by the same city that made it a crime for "unnecessary repetitive driving" because high school kids "cruised the avenue".
View Quote
Sounds like we live in the same area.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wow. You'd have to be extremely retarded to believe this bullshit. Keeping in mind a STOCK 2008-2010 SRT10 is 600HP. He might be able to beat an 80's Lamborghini. Not a fucking chance on anything Modern, IE... Gallardo, Hurrican, Mercialago, Aventador etc.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The 1996 Camaro SS holds the record for having the most magazine coverage for a newly released car (it was on the cover of over 20 major publications)

The 1989 Turbo Trans Am was the fastest post muscle car era GM performance car until the LS1 came out running low low 13s when everything else was in the 14s including the Corvette.

The 1969 Charger Daytona was the first stock bodied car to break the 200mph barrier.
View Quote
ZR-1? 1996 Corvette GS w/ LT-4?  GMC Syclone (although technically not a car)?
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 5:34:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The 1967 Shelby Mustangs utilized Mercury Cougar tail lights, while the 1968 models used lights from the ’66 Thunderbird.
View Quote
The only part off the shelf at GM on the C5 Corvette was the door handle. It was from an Olds Aurora.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
it doesn't count if only one driver knows that there is a race going on.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#47]
So 8AN.

Not that impressive.

Edit: Are there still that many morons that don't think a turbo Civic and a moderate budget can't beat a 500hp Lambo in a straight line? Go back to the rocks you seem to live under.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Fuel lines are half-inch .........

Wide open, it burns 1.5 gallons of fuel per minute on it's way to 199MPH ........

"Normal" driving gets you 20MPG.

Anybody know any similar stats on other factory muscle/sports cars?
View Quote

Dodge cars usually fall apart in 3-5 years.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#49]
The Shelby 427 Cobra had a 0 to 100 back to 0 mph time of 14.5 seconds.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 6:26:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
@the_reaper which town urbandale or Ames? I've cruised enough through Iowa dropping the clutch at lights without a blink. Correction, thinking about it more, I've been scolded once or twice but a old farmer yelling a me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually Moline, Illinois.  Just a couple miles away.  Right across the river.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top