Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Israel currently under attack (Page 760 of 953)
Page / 953
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 4:47:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Ghost rider.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe this has been covered already but, does Hamas not have any surface to air capability?   It seems IDF flies around Gaza at will.  Don't get me wrong, I wish only doom on Hamas for their crimes.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jack_Rackham:
Maybe this has been covered already but, does Hamas not have any surface to air capability?   It seems IDF flies around Gaza at will.  Don't get me wrong, I wish only doom on Hamas for their crimes.
View Quote

Paragliders are too slow and easy targets for this kind of combat. They prefer to attack unarmed civilians with them not an army.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

I saw some Hamas propaganda  video where it looked like they were at Germany April 1945 tech.

Little  danger to fixed wing aircraft  but rotary are always in play due to lower elevation.

I would only guess Hezbellah  might gave some old Stella's or something  waiting. Hell, the Houthis have SA6 so who knows.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 4:54:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
No resupply for you.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-ilkQQWYAAaK1n?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Nice pattern, now hit the taxiway.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 4:55:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Now that Willie is gone. Who has the best live stream?
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Lots of smoke at the hospital.  They keep sending more smoke in there too.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 4:56:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Sparky:
View Quote

This one since it is they focus of the battle now:  

Link Posted: 11/10/2023 5:03:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By michigan66:
Haaretz | News Analysis | Israel-Hamas War: IDF Says It Needs Months, U.S. Signals No More Than Weeks

Highlights:

Article:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Does the US want a months long methodical response that minimizes civilian casualties or weeks of carpet bombing Gaza?
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I did see one of the IDF leaders talking about the use of smoke to cover their advances as they encircle Hamas.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Kerry201pro:
I did see one of the IDF leaders talking about the use of smoke to cover their advances as they encircle Hamas.
View Quote

Well they sure have that one covered on the Gaza cam at the moment.  
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 5:13:12 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
The thermals in the tanks can see through it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 5:14:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 6SJ7GT:

Does the US want a months long methodical response that minimizes civilian casualties or weeks of carpet bombing Gaza?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By michigan66:
Haaretz | News Analysis | Israel-Hamas War: IDF Says It Needs Months, U.S. Signals No More Than Weeks

Highlights:

Article:
Click To View Spoiler

Hopefully Israel poses that question to whatever dipshit is in charge of this administration (not Biden btw).
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 5:28:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah no doubt as the IDF starts to close in on the hospital you will see them puppet some hostages and then blow the hospital as IDF enters.
View Quote

I think the Izzy's will give them a one hour or so timeline to evacuate the premises and then blow the fuck out of it with a massive airstrike using bunker busters.

The terrorists are running out of places to hide and I understand the tunnel complex underneath the hospital compound can house up to 60,000 of those bastards. They are in there.

War is Hell, but they asked for it.

So be it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 5:30:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm sure its been answered somewhere in these 760 pages, but ain't no one got time fo dat....

What are the munitions dropping as a single then splitting into several-- sometimes explosions on impact, but often not?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ronskibeat:
I'm sure its been answered somewhere in these 760 pages, but ain't no one got time fo dat....

What are the munitions dropping as a single then splitting into several-- sometimes explosions on impact, but often not?

View Quote

Smoke I think
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 5:33:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BM1455] [#18]
I would bet turning off the AF on the camera would be the best thing they could do on the Gaza feed.  It's a remote cam so they only check on it once or twice a day.  That is likely to change very soon.  At this point if it were on a fixed focus it would work until it gets knocked over by a strike or something.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Ridgeline:

I saw some Hamas propaganda  video where it looked like they were at Germany April 1945 tech.

Little  danger to fixed wing aircraft  but rotary are always in play due to lower elevation.

I would only guess Hezbellah  might gave some old Stella's or something  waiting. Hell, the Houthis have SA6 so who knows.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ridgeline:

@Ridgeline. That's what I'm asking about.  I see all kinds of surveillance aircraft loitering around Gaza.  They act as though they have complete air supremacy and I don't see any reason why this isn't true.  I just wonder why they're not taking potshots at the C130's, etc.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 5:43:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Any update on the seizure of the port and that hospital?  

IDF is soooo close to having Hamas completely surrounded, but that area around the port and hospital appear to be the focal point for Hamas fighters.  From what I understand the IDF suspects that the Hamas HQ is located in tunnels beneath the hospital (so, they have to take it with infantry and can't just air strike it).   The port and hospital area of Gaza is really dense urban terrain with just a rat's nest of poorly zoned buildings and tunnels, real tight spaces.   I'm impressed though with how the IDF is proceeding without suffering extremely heavy casualties given the challenges of that urban landscape.  

I'm not an Israel "fan boy" who is happy that they get over $3 billion in U.S. tax dollars every year, but I've always respected Israel and the IDF a great deal.  I do see real value in U.S. and IDF defense industry collaboration as well. The IDF Trophy System is working pretty darn well from the videos I've seen, amazing really.  Plus, it's hard not to be impressed with Iron Dome, that integrated air defense system is really amazing.  

Link Posted: 11/10/2023 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

They are rumored to have some that came in a shipment from Libya.  Also might have used some in Gaza in April 2023.

Jerusalem Post article.

Link Posted: 11/10/2023 5:49:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Machine guns rattle all night...

Link Posted: 11/10/2023 5:50:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michigan66] [#23]

View Quote

I have a feeling the US wanted Israel to react the way they usually do.  Air strikes, minimal ground presence, a few targeted killings or captures of mid-level leaders, and for Israel to cease-fire after the "international community" goes nuts over dead babies.  Then we wait for it to happen all over again in a few years.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Simple I know but how does anyones brain not comprehend why Israel is responding to 1400 of their people
being slaughtered by brutal animals?  It's not brain surgery.
What are these protesters smoking?

Link Posted: 11/10/2023 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By shotar:

I take a slightly different view. It might be semantics, but Hamas is the elected government of Gaza. Their military directly invaded and attacked the nation of Israel specifically targeting unarmed women and children.  If they did not want total war in return,   they shouldn't have started one.

Until Gaza unconditionally surrenders, a reduction in hostilities is unwarranted.
View Quote

This is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By BM1455:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atL3JU4H8Pk
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BM1455:
Originally Posted By Sparky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atL3JU4H8Pk

Continous small arms fire, mixed with something I guess is a frequent grenade.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

The ones with the flames coming out the back ? They usually happen close to the flares.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:01:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michigan66] [#29]
Originally Posted By SafetyFirst:
Simple I know but how does anyones brain not comprehend why Israel is responding to 1400 of their people being slaughtered by brutal animals?  It's not brain surgery.
View All Quotes
Simple I know but how does anyones brain not comprehend why Israel is responding to 1400 of their people being slaughtered by brutal animals?  It's not brain surgery.

They see Israel as a colonizer state, the last one left. In their mind, there are no innocents in Israel.

The intellectuals who inspire these nitwits agree with Frantz Fanon:

Violence is a cleansing force. It frees the native from his inferiority complex and from his despair and inaction; it makes him fearless and restores his self-respect.

They weren't killing toddlers, they were freeing themselves.  Attacking the "colonized" for freeing themselves isn't allowed.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By W_E_G:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqLav6DV1iY
View Quote
That channel is not live. It is a week old replay.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:05:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Simple I know but how does anyones brain not comprehend why Israel is responding to 1400 of their people
being slaughtered by brutal animals?  It's not brain surgery.

View Quote

Now you begin to understand the term "useful idiot".
The right has neglected the education system for too long and the students are thoroughly indoctrinated. They are also acting as actual Nazi's in their calls for the eradication of Israel.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By SIMJEDI:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SIMJEDI:
Originally Posted By W_E_G:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqLav6DV1iY

I gave up on everything but the Reuters camera weeks ago. Too many shitbirds playing old footage.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:08:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SIMJEDI] [#33]
Agenda Free TV and sometimes El Debate are the only ones I trust. I have verified them against the Al Jazeera channel and they all line up.

ETA: Talking about those who stream the AFP camera.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Moment Hamas militants take civilian hostage in Israel
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:26:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Until the US or France or the UK or whoever has walked in Israel's shoes, these other countries need to shut the fuck up and let Israel do the needful.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Dangus:
Until the US or France or the UK or whoever has walked in Israel's shoes, these other countries need to shut the fuck up and let Israel do the needful.
View Quote

Clapping guy.gif
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#38]

thats rich coming from that frog.  i mean the whole complaint agaist the izzies is they are "colonizers"; meanwhile france still runs so much of many african nations still, and NOT to their benefit, france get all that.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By texashomeserver:

The ones with the flames coming out the back ? They usually happen close to the flares.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By texashomeserver:

no, these come in with some pace as a single glowing munition, then split into 3-4 as they quickly descend toward the city.

there isn't much consensus on AFTV as to what they are.

I saw one today hit the top of the building very close to the hospital, then it fell down out of view-- it did not glow a long time like the flares do.

Someone said smoke-- that makes a lot of sense.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Charles James Napier, commander-in-chief of British India, enforced a ban on the Hindu practice of burning widows. When a group of irate Hindu priests asserted that the customs of their nation should be honored, here is how Napier responded:

"This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive, we hang them and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs."

Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#42]

What a putz
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#43]

Once a piece of shit, always a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By NE223:

"US Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman Gen. Charles Q. Brown, asked whether he is concerned that the rapidly climbing non-combatant death toll in Israel’s war against Hamas will lead Palestinian civilians to turn to terror, responded, “Yes, very much so."

He sounds like BHO, I think that was his argument too. But that ship sailed long ago when the residents of Gaza voted for a government comprised of Hamas terrorists whose entire reason for existence is the elimination of Israel. What's the saying, "elections have consequences"? Well, so does murder, rape and kidnapping.

The Biden administration is at least consistent, they are consistently chickenshit.
View Quote

Shit, just plain shit. No modifier needed for the Biden administration.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:53:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By MikeSSS:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MikeSSS:
Originally Posted By NE223:

"US Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman Gen. Charles Q. Brown, asked whether he is concerned that the rapidly climbing non-combatant death toll in Israel’s war against Hamas will lead Palestinian civilians to turn to terror, responded, “Yes, very much so."

He sounds like BHO, I think that was his argument too. But that ship sailed long ago when the residents of Gaza voted for a government comprised of Hamas terrorists whose entire reason for existence is the elimination of Israel. What's the saying, "elections have consequences"? Well, so does murder, rape and kidnapping.

The Biden administration is at least consistent, they are consistently chickenshit.

“You shouldn’t kill the nation of terrorists or they will become terrorists!”
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:

I think the Izzy's will give them a one hour or so timeline to evacuate the premises and then blow the fuck out of it with a massive airstrike using bunker busters.

The terrorists are running out of places to hide and I understand the tunnel complex underneath the hospital compound can house up to 60,000 of those bastards. They are in there.

War is Hell, but they asked for it.

So be it.
View Quote

Hopefully the idf knows where all the exits are.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#47]

He can sit down an shut up. You don't hear a lot of random suppressive fire on the audio feeds. Israel is being as careful as they can in an extremely difficult combat theater.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 11/10/2023 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#49]

Macron should be next for flooding France with terrorists. I’d love to see him get taken out.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:
Vid:

View Quote

Nice!  I hadn't seen the killer trackhoes before.
Page / 953
Israel currently under attack (Page 760 of 953)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top