Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:34:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The last Democrat who served on active duty in the US military. On a submarine, no less.

Military service should be a requirement to be POTUS. Just like being a "natural" born citizen.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:39:20 PM EDT
[#2]
My family suffered tremendously through the 70s.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:44:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jimmy Carter, the man who inspired the term "Misery Index".
View Quote

I can’t imagine anyone but this jackass believing that you could win reelection by taking office and just telling people to get used to their problems instead of doing anything to alleviate them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:45:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Godspeed President Carter.  May you have a good trip
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:50:44 PM EDT
[#5]
At least he got to live long enough to see someone take over his "shittiest President in recent memory" mantle.

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:52:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hope it’s peaceful. Obviously he had some missteps as President, but it’s undeniable that he was the last democrat president we ever had who actually cared about this country and his fellow Americans. Just look at his post-presidency career to see who he is as a man.

Such a far cry from the current crop of Democrats we’ve had since.
View Quote

I agree.  Poor POTUS, but decent man.  I will pray for his peaceful passing.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 12:05:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 6:36:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Millions of people are enslaved or have been murdered because of his Presidency.
The fall of Rhodesia is directly his fault.
The take over of much of Africa by Communists is his fault.
Iran is his fault.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 6:58:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I remember when he was president and even the leftist media was talking about the job being too much for Carter and the presidency needed to be split up. I thought that was what the cabinet was for but they wanted multiple co presidents.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 7:23:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Jimmy Carter is the reason I ended up in the Reagan camp. I won't miss him when he is gone.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 7:36:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How is it that so many of these old politicians end up with black eyes?

I have never seen anyone over 50 out in the wild with one.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/92f6d8b8-b488-43b6-a125-d328ff102f64-lar-2928527.JPG
View Quote

Yeah looks like a classic case of the old Deep State Right Hook
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 7:58:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I met him and talked to him and his wife twice, both after his presidency.

Of course they are rich and his peanut farming was just running the multimillion $ business, not the actual farming, but they seemed to treat people with respect and was the last dem president that valued family and was proud of this country. He actually has a moral foundation.

I think he was misguided in many policies but he loved this country instead of hating it like the dems since

Thanks just like my opinion man.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 8:01:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
He was a highly intelligent individual. He was on the team that developed the first nuclear powered submarine and I believe he commanded it. ..
View Quote

https://www.jimmycarterlibrary.gov/the-carters/naval-service

05 JUN 1946 - 8 AUG 1946—Commissioned Ensign, USN. Routine post-USNA graduation assignments- indoctrinational training with service type aircraft - leave and transit to first duty station.
8 AUG 1946 - 23 JUL 1947—Duty aboard USS Wyoming (E-AG17). Billets Held: Deck Division Officer, Radar Officer, CIC Officer Qualifications: OOD in Port, JOOD underway. Remarks: Detached from Wyoming at ship’s decommissioning.
23 JUL 1947 - 14 JUN 1948—Duty aboard USS Mississippi (E-AG128). Billets Held: Training and Education Officer Qualifications: OOD underway and in port, CIC watch Officer Remarks: During this tour of duty, Carter was a candidate for a Rhodes Scholarship.
14 JUN 1948 - 17 DEC 1948—Duty under instruction at the Officer’s course, USN Submarine School, Submarine Base, New London
17? DEC 1948 - 01 FEB 1951—Duty aboard USS Pomfret (SS-391) Billets Held: Communications Officer, Electronics Officer, Sonar Officer, Gunnery Officer, First Lieutenant, Electrical Officer, Supply Officer Qualifications: 4 Feb 1950 Qualified in Submarine
05 JUNE 1949—Promoted to Lieutenant (j.g.)
01 FEB 1951 - 10 NOV 1951—Duty with Shipbuilding and Naval Inspector of Ordnance, Groton, CT as prospective Engineering Officer of the USS K-1 during precommissioning fitting out of the submarine.
10 NOV 1951 - 16 OCT 1952—Duty aboard USS K-1(SSK-1) Billets Held: Executive Officer, Engineering Officer, Operations Officer, Gunnery Officer, Electronics Repair Officer Qualifications: Qualified for Command of Submarine Remarks: Submarine was new construction, first vessel of its class
01 JUNE 1952—Promoted to Lieutenant
16 OCT 1952 - 08 OCT 1953—Duty with US Atomic Energy Commission (Division of Reactor Development, Schenectady Operations Office) From 3 NOV 1952 to 1 MAR 1953 he served on temporary duty with Naval Reactors Branch, US Atomic Energy Commission, Washington, D.C. “assisting in the design and development of nuclear propulsion plants for naval vessels.” From 1 MAR 1953 to 8 OCT 1953 he was under instruction to become an engineering officer for a nuclear power plant. He also assisted in setting up on-the-job training for the enlisted men being instructed in nuclear propulsion for the USS Seawolf (SSN575).
9 OCT 1953—Honorably discharged at Headquarters, 3rd Naval District. Discharge was at Carter’s request. Total service: 7 years, 4 months, 8 days
10 OCT 1953—Appointed to US Naval Reserve and placed on inactive duty.
7 DEC 1961—Transferred to retired reserve with rank of Lieutenant at his own request, but without pay and allowances in accordance with Title X, U.S.C. section 1376 (a).
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 8:03:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I can’t imagine anyone but this jackass believing that you could win reelection by taking office and just telling people to get used to their problems instead of doing anything to alleviate them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't very "little man" centric was he?
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 8:31:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Jimmy Carter's smiling, man-of-the-people image that saw him carry his own luggage was 'all show', say ex-Secret Service agents who claim ex-president was 'rude and short' and 'talked down' to soldiers

- Secret Service agents revealed Jimmy Carter, 98, who has announced he is entering hospice care at home, was nothing like his smiling, friendly image
- Behind the scenes, the 39th president would treat his secret service detail like they 'weren't there' or 'were bothering him', and 'talked down to the military'
- Despite his 'phony' public façade, Carter is being hailed as a humble president who championed the working man, as he lives out his final days in hospice care

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11807897/Ex-Secret-Service-agents-reveal-Jimmy-Carter-actually-rude-time.html
View Quote

That article backs up something I was told, by a gubbermint man on Carter's detail, back in the late 80s.  He said it was worst when they were in Plains, GA (remember, this was pre-cellphone and no cameras).  Said Carter would not speak to them, or acknowledge them in any way. At best he treated them like the lowest of field hands.

One day, Carter's people set up a fake, photo-op. A paper boy on a bicycle was supposed to come by and throw the local rag in the yard (odd even then . . . almost all papers were thrown from cars). Carter was to come out to get it (perfectly coiffed in bathrobe and with coffee) so the network news cameras could film how homespun and normal he was.  All scripted and all phony . . . ("look!  He goes out and gets his own paper! He's just ol' Jimmy from Plains").

SS guy said the kid's aim was off a little, and they were initially told to bring the paper up and put it right by the front door.  That way, Jimmy wouldn't have to walk so far down the sidewalk and be exposed to his "inferiors.".

Instead, they moved it further away, just to piss him off.  He glared at them when he saw the paper wasn't two feet away, but the TV cameras were already on . The SS guys just smiled and said,  "good morning. Mr. President."

A small matter . . . and all those guys would have done their duty and taken a bullet for the jerk . . . but they didn't have to like him.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 8:46:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 8:57:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Good man?  No.

Good president? No.

Good officer? No.

Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 9:51:34 AM EDT
[#18]
I have nothing good to say..........................
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obama managed to do it and his VP is now the president
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 1:18:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you’re saying people now are dumber than people then?

Then again - they had it easy - they could blame everything on Bush and Trump.  Carter only had Ford to bitch about, and he didn’t do enough that anyone could really blame him for anything.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 9:06:57 PM EDT
[#21]
If it had not been for Watergate, Ford would have won the election in 1976.

Link Posted: 8/24/2023 11:11:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Infinitely so, and, worse yet, far more indoctrinated by leftists.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 11:14:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I’d love to hear your reasoning for why he’s worse than Clinton, Obama, or Biden.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Carter never was the kindly farmer he pretended to be. Neither was his wife. He was the most destructive, disruptive guy in the white house in my lifetime. Everyone wants to say nice things because he's old. Just like FJB, you don't outlive your past. I won't go out of my way to wish death upon him, but neither will I mourn his passing.

I’d love to hear your reasoning for why he’s worse than Clinton, Obama, or Biden.

And W while you’re at it. Every president in my lifetime has been worse than the last until Trump came along.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 11:19:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Na Na Na Na Hey Hey-ey Goodbye
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 11:21:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

And W while you’re at it. Every president in my lifetime has been worse than the last until Trump came along.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Carter never was the kindly farmer he pretended to be. Neither was his wife. He was the most destructive, disruptive guy in the white house in my lifetime. Everyone wants to say nice things because he's old. Just like FJB, you don't outlive your past. I won't go out of my way to wish death upon him, but neither will I mourn his passing.

This is a fact, because each one has been more corrupt and more globalist.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 11:31:03 PM EDT
[#26]
His post-Presidency work speaks for itself. Shitty President? Sure. But I don't see Bill Clinton or George jr. or any other of them building houses on their own time.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 11:37:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
At least he got to live long enough to see someone take over his "shittiest President in recent memory" mantle.

View Quote

Twice.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 11:41:48 PM EDT
[#28]
This thread made me think of the chorus of this great song:

Link Posted: 8/24/2023 11:44:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Throw his dumb communist ass in the Panama Canal fucking traitorous piece of shit.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 11:45:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

He told us to put on a sweater and turn down the heat. What more do you want?
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 11:48:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/5ddc336bfd9db244c913783d-460.gif

Then again - they had it easy - they could blame everything on Bush and Trump.  Carter only had Ford to bitch about, and he didn’t do enough that anyone could really blame him for anything.
View Quote

People back then saw the train wreck that the Carter administration was and gave Reagan a massive landslide victory. People nowadays can see the train wreck that is Biden and will still vote for him again.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 11:59:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Twice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Twice.

Well, the jokes on Carter once again if he believes that.  Carter’s been out of office so long people generally forget about him now that Hussein and Biden are more current.  Once Peanut gets mentioned, the argument about who was worse starts again, so that means he’s still a strong challenger.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:00:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
His whole persona was manufactured.

He is a fake
View Quote

Where do you come up with this bullshit? I knew him as a farmer, had him as my Govoner, and worked with him on Habitat for Humanity builds.  He was not a fake.  As someone mentioned, he is the poster boy for: the road to he'll is paved with good intentions.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:03:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Looking forward to the week long break from watching any news.  I remember the early 80's.  I don't need to hear the lies about how great he was.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:15:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Fuck that pussy democrat!  Good riddance!
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:32:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Hope it’s peaceful. Obviously he had some missteps as President, but it’s undeniable that he was the last democrat president we ever had who actually cared about this country and his fellow Americans. Just look at his post-presidency career to see who he is as a man.

View Quote

Post Presidency?  He actually stood against Israel and went to Lebanon to negotiate with Hamas. He wasn't even a member of any US delegation.  He just took it upon himself to negotiate with terrorists.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:44:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Dudes been on hospice 6+ months.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:55:34 AM EDT
[#38]
In four years of being president he did two good things. Allowed home brewing and fermentation of beer and wine and somehow managed to not give away the Erie Canal.

Other than that, his policies led us to where we are now. He may have lost the title as worst president, but I still believe he and his administration caused the most damage to this country in recent history.

I also hope he has a peaceful passing.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:58:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Post Presidency?  He actually stood against Israel and went to Lebanon to negotiate with Hamas. He wasn't even a member of any US delegation.  He just took it upon himself to negotiate with terrorists.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And North Korea when Clinton was in office.  Clinton sucked, but he was rightfully pissed when Carter negotiated without authorization.  Carter did this sort of thing while other politicians knew it was a complete waste of time.  He wanted the publicity ops but accomplished nothing in the process.  Literally anyone can make a deal with someone if you don’t care if it’s followed through with.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 1:27:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
People back then saw the train wreck that the Carter administration was and gave Reagan a massive landslide victory. People nowadays can see the train wreck that is Biden and will still vote for him again.
View Quote

Well said. A very succinct and sad comment on the state of our nation.

Link Posted: 8/25/2023 1:45:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
A decent man....

The last decent democrat.

View Quote

Well i recall how my dad's unemployment killed my family. Dad's work was in petrochemical industry and he got laid off because of JC and Dem's mismanagement of the economy. You'll excuse me if I'm less generous with my critique of his presidency. Fuck JC.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 1:54:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 2:02:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. So here's what I think:
View Quote

Your mother taught you well.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 2:19:38 AM EDT
[#44]
I was just coming of age when that milquetoast phaggot gave away the Panama Canal.
A week after my 18th birthday, and I was PISSED.
Panama hiked rates 400% and now the ChiComs practically own it.

I don't think he was evil though. Rest in peace, jimmy.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 7:53:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/5ddc336bfd9db244c913783d-460.gif

Because the alternative is actually worse…
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 8:52:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
He never met an anti-American dictator he would not fellate.

May his time in Purgatory be short, but may it be spent smoking turds with his buddies Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro.
View Quote

And don't forget how he destroyed the Shah of Iran and replaced the Pahlavi régime with the Ayatollah Khomeini, starting the radical Islamization of the entire region that we have paid for in money and blood ever since, starting with our embassy in Tehran.

Of course, we must include the sabotage of Rhodesia and South Africa on his list of accomplishments, resulting in ongoing genocide against whites.

China now controls both ends of what had been OUR Panama Canal, which he divested us of.

OH...I almost forgot Cambodia:

The Carter administration began supporting the Khmer Rouge, who had been relegated to remote rural sections of the country, by financial and diplomatic means. Carter’s national security adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski reportedly told an American journalist he “encouraged the Chinese to support Pol Pot… Pol Pot was an abomination. We could never support him, but China could.”
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 1:24:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Is he still with the living? Gee, what's taking so long?
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 1:32:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Bet he will still vote in 2024.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 1:55:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Millions of people are enslaved or have been murdered because of his Presidency.
The fall of Rhodesia is directly his fault.
The take over of much of Africa by Communists is his fault.
Iran is his fault.
View Quote

Whatever
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:04:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Well Bye!
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top