Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 9:15:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm seeing two different FB pages. Which one is it?

http://www.facebook.com/raub.brandon?sk=info

or

https://www.facebook.com/brandon.raub?sk=wall

weird how they both have 50 cent vids posted recently..

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 9:28:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I apologize if I came off as disrespectful, I was just frustrated at the communication foul up.

And I'm sorry if I came off as a total dick. What I was trying to to was enlighten you from one old timer to a new cherry.

Now give each other a nice big kiss

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 9:31:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess I'll stay home and vote for Romney
I mean...Obama.
I mean, wait...what?

Whiff whifff weed?

I'm so confused
Who are we hating in here?

Choose your words carefully

I only read the first 15 or so posts. Has it devolved into something unspeakable?
Help a brother out.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 9:36:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess I'll stay home and vote for Romney
I mean...Obama.
I mean, wait...what?

Whiff whifff weed?

I'm so confused
Who are we hating in here?

Choose your words carefully

I only read the first 15 or so posts. Has it devolved into something unspeakable?
Help a brother out.

I've just been 'in' to hear if any more information has come out about this.

I did go on the kid's facebook and looked at some of his postings.  While they were rather colorful, I don't know about scooping him up.  If he's not arrested, I don't understand why his is locked in a psych ward waiting to see a judge.  The dude does seem rather cooky but I have seen FAR worse on the internet.  

What kills me is the racist NBPP just called for mass killings of white people and gave graphic details of how to kill the "pigs," yet he is still walking around spouting his threats.  This kid, says something about a "revolution" on his facebook page to an audience of like 12 people, and he's locked up.  It is pretty scary how they just came and took him.  He was basically kidnapped.  I would expect something like this from Putin, not the US.

Anyway, I'm just here for any new updates.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 5:06:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Searched for this and didn't find any dupes.  

my youtube embedded failed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaE5zChbC5w

Did some additional searches no google and didn't see any big news sources covering this.  Not sure how true or legit this is.
Anyone else have any other updates?

WTF??

I am appalled!!! Outraged!!!

I shall write my Congressman.

I clicked on your link and all I got was some Justin Bieber and Usher singing Happy Birthday and some countdown timer.  Didn't stick around long enough to see what would happen if it got to 0.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 5:23:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't think "patriotic" facebook posts had anything to do with this.

The guy is clearly a conspiracy theorist nutjob truther.

Items of possible concern:
Sharpen up my axe; I'm here to sever heads.

and this:
The Revolution will come for me. Men will be at my door soon to pick me up to lead it. ;)

and these:
The Revolution is here. And I will lead it.

I'm starting the Revolution. I'm done waiting.

This is the part where I tell the Federal Government to go fuck itself. This is the part where I tell Generals, training our young men to fight Americans, I am coming for you. The Veterans will be with me.

Rick Ross says he sales cocaine by the kilogram and rolls with machine guns in his trunk.

Better lock him and every other rapper in the world up...
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 5:31:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Rick Ross says he sales cocaine by the kilogram and rolls with machine guns in his trunk.

So who deleted all the posts on the one facebook page?
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 6:41:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

and this:
The Revolution will come for me. Men will be at my door soon to pick me up to lead it. ;)

and these:

This is the part where I tell the Federal Government to go fuck itself. This is the part where I tell Generals, training our young men to fight Americans, I am coming for you. The Veterans will be with me.

Well, Rick Ross has been arrested a few times for drug and gun charges...  so if he's stupid enough to brag about it.

And the issue with this Marine is one of mental health.  Something tells me he'd be found mentally incompetent in a criminal court.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 7:23:19 AM EDT
[#9]
All the pro-wackjob sites seem to be missing the small detail his Mother let slip out.

He was arrested for assault and resisting arrest.

It seems that it went something like this-

FBI and SS found out about some batshit crazy posts on FB, so they sent a couple guys along with a local LEO to see what is going on. (Pretty standard BTW, how many silly stories about being interviewed by the SS have you heard?)

FBI, SS and LEO show up at guys house to talk.

Laup Nor disciple goes off on a rant about Revolution, yada yada yada, winds up striking one of the cops. Situation escalates until the cuff him and take him back to the station.

At the station they say "this dude is fuckin crazy, send him to Randolph"

They send him to the psychiatric ward at John Randolph Medical Center.

It's very simple to avoid a situation like this- act normal and be calm when LEO shows up to talk to you, The First Amendment protects your ranting, don't escalate it further.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 7:29:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Treason doesn't seem to be very patriotic to me.

this
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 7:32:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Thread is TL;DR.

What were the charges he was actually arrested on  That would go a long way to clearing this up one way or another.

eat:  Nosy bored G-men meet unhinged chemtrail idiot.  Hilarity ensues.

Not a fan of the "we're going to send guys with badges and guns to your house for things you post in the interwebz" mentality, but punching one of them is a sure way to exacerbate the situation.

Also helps if you're not under then UCMJ at the time.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 7:34:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
All the pro-wackjob sites seem to be missing the small detail his Mother let slip out.

FBI and SS found out about some batshit crazy posts on FB, so they sent a couple guys along with a local LEO to see what is going on. (Pretty standard BTW, how many silly stories about being interviewed by the SS have you heard?)

Laup Nor disciple goes off on a rant about Revolution, yada yada yada, winds up striking one of the cops. Situation escalates until the cuff him and take him back to the station.

It's very simple to avoid a situation like this- act normal and be calm when LEO shows up to talk to you, The First Amendment protects your ranting, don't escalate it further.

I'm going to have to ask you to take this common sense and rational perspective, and stick it where the sun don't shine.  True Patriots know better than to let reason or logic interfere with emotion - it leads to moderation, and moderation will not be tolerated.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 7:45:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Ah, the rest of the story.

And now I know.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 8:30:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
should I thank him for his service or not?  

Is there a reason you shouldn't?

As a fellow Marine I would tell him to go jump in a flaming pool of penises but he'd probably enjoy that.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:50:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm actually in DEP for the Air Force, quite familiar with recruiters.
Again, it's not him being crazy, it's his threats that come damn close to those crimes.

A kid on delayed entry program is trying to school an O-5 with 23 years on the military?   Son, you are not even in yet. You have not the faintest clue how things work and you haven't the foggiest.  I've taken men to mast several times and you have not even put on your first uniform.  Once you are in the military and gain some experience, we can talk with some sort of context.

What does any of that have to do with the "are you a terrorist or enemy of the government of the United Sates" questionnaire?
My statement was that he shouldn't have passed that, and since I've been through the recruiting office much more recently than you, I'd say my .02¢ on that matter are bit more up to date.
Treason and sedition apply to civilians, too, so, no I'm not trying to "school you on the military."

Quit bragging and bringing up things that hold no valid point in the conversation.

I get the feeling you're going to have a real fun time in the military.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 12:20:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going to have to ask you to take this common sense and rational perspective, and stick it where the sun don't shine.  True Patriots know better than to let reason or logic interfere with emotion - it leads to moderation, and moderation will not be tolerated.

Common sense?  He listed all of the information that was released but added a bit of his own.

If it's true, then totally I agree.  But as he stated, the mother let slip on the radio.  However, she stated that he never even touched the cops and he was cuffed right away.  The video of the arrest doesn't come on until AFTER he's already cuffed but by the attitude of everyone there, it doesn't appear like there was a recent struggle.

Even the LEO's neglected to say ANYTHING about resisting arrest or striking an officer.  If this has been released recently, then let us know.  But don't down play us like we're ignorant and only looking at half of the facts.  

Facts are:  He's a nut job.  He posted some colorful shit.  Local and Federal law enforcement showed up to talk to him and ended up leaving with him in cuffs.  The family claims they didn't even know where he was until he was able to get a phone call to tell them where he was and what he was doing.  No official statement had been made before anyone in this thread started posting and discussing the facts.  So his "logic" involves stating the kid hit an officer when no one has even said so.  If he did, the arrest was warranted.  But why did they state he wasn't being charged with a crime?
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 12:21:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a fellow Marine I would tell him to go jump in a flaming pool of penises but he'd probably enjoy that.

Was he a reservist?  I assume so.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yup. This is what happens when people demand "someone do something" after events like the shooting in CO.

People end up doing something when no crimes are committed because "we have to do something."

This is the way they will enforce their control: crime prevention for "mentally unstable" people.

Also see: link

This is what my wife and I see coming down the pipe.
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 5:18:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope not.

Link Posted: 8/20/2012 11:38:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And you assume he didn't. In my experience no one this bat shit becomes this bat shit in a short manner of time.

I found you problem.

I hate to break it to you, but your "expierience" at 20 years old doesn't mount to a whole hell of a lot, especially on this subject.   If you'd like to continue digging though I can get you a shovel.
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 12:53:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you assume he didn't. In my experience no one this bat shit becomes this bat shit in a short manner of time.

I found you problem.

I hate to break it to you, but your "expierience" at 20 years old doesn't mount to a whole hell of a lot, especially on this subject.   If you'd like to continue digging though I can get you a shovel.

Will you buy me an edging shovel?  I'm too cheap so I just use my regular shovel.  But I'd like to do some work on the flower bed.  So.....I'd like a shovel
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

No support for this guy here at this site. He's a "Paulbot". That even trumps the marine brotherhood.

Unless you're a Marine, shut your man pleaser.
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 1:05:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm still trying to find his "patriotic" posts.
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I don't see any charges pending for any "Brandon Raub" in Chesterfield General District Court.

Nothing I've seen so far from his Facepalm account would support taking him against his will, so I wouldn't doubt that he talked his way into the looney ward. Yet another reason to just ignore and not talk to LE.
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 5:22:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

and this:

and these:

This guy is a tool, and those are toolish things to throw out and then claim " They're just patriotic posts!" Especially when your boss is the one you will have to rebel against.
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This guy is a tool, and those are toolish things to throw out and then claim " They're just patriotic posts!" Especially when your boss is the one you will have to rebel against.

If merely being a tool were sufficient to get a 30 day psych hold, we'd have run out of room in the nuthouse a LONG time ago.
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 6:18:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see any charges pending for any "Brandon Raub" in Chesterfield General District Court.

Nothing I've seen so far from his Facepalm account would support taking him against his will, so I wouldn't doubt that he talked his way into the looney ward. Yet another reason to just ignore and not talk to LE.

That's exactly why his post and the following post saying, "Hey, there will be no logic here" kind of pissed me off.  It's not like we are all just looking at this from one angle and are looking for any excuse to hate the gov.

Law Enforcement specifically said that NO CHARGES ARE BEING FILED.  The above poster states that he assaulted an officer and resisted arrest.  If that's the case, why didn't the cops say so?  It would easily justify their detainment.  If that ACTUALLY happened, then please send me a link to where it is said and I will totally agree.  But up to this point, it had not been stated.  So trying to sound logically superior through a fallacious scenario is just immature.

If the kid hit the cops who were only there to ask him questions......the arrest is 100% justified.  But everything released so far says that he was not being charged with any crimes and was not under arrest (yet he was lead away in cuffs).
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Crazy truther, he should have stuck with fightings dragons with the Corps.

Link Posted: 8/20/2012 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope not.

He is

He was.
Second row, middle ribbon is the Selected Marine Corps Reserve Medal

No good cookie from AD time, just the Selected Marine Corps Reserve Medal

Monk
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope not.

He is

He was.
Second row from the top, middle ribbon is the Selected Marine Corps Reserve Medal

http://static.prisonplanet.com/p/rotators/august2012/200812raub.jpg
http://www.semperfico.com/px/images/selected-mc-reserve-medal.jpg

No good cookie from AD time, just the Selected Marine Corps Reserve Medal

Monk

Yea, I figured he had to be.  No one on AD acting like this would go unnoticed.  He would have been found out by his chain for being a weirdo awhile ago.  It wouldn't have taken the FBI to see his facebook to uncover him.
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
SNIP

Yea, I figured he had to be.  No one on AD acting like this would go unnoticed.  He would have been found out by his chain for being a weirdo awhile ago.  It wouldn't have taken the FBI to see his facebook to uncover him.

Given the length of his hair, I wonder if he "cracked" after getting out.

Assuming he had Marines from his Reserve unit as Facebook friends, they should have gotten him help or brought his problems to the attention of the COC.
Some Marines keep their private lives very private.

Monk
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 8:54:07 PM EDT
[#33]
HIs FB posts of him talking about revolution and advocating service members listen to him and challenge orders are his seditious acts. But apparently he was not in the military at the time of his arrest nor those statements as it seems so there must be more to it than just him being arrested for "patriotic" posts.

Guy is a tool nonetheless
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 5:54:24 AM EDT
[#34]
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/20/outcry-after-military-veteran-detained-for-anti-government-facebook-posts/#ixzz249NWCeCu?test=latestnews
Police –– acting under a state law that allows emergency, temporary psychiatric commitments upon the recommendation of a mental health professional –– took Raub to the John Randolph Medical Center in Hopewell.

A Virginia-based civil liberties group, The Rutherford Institute, dispatched one of its attorneys to the hospital to represent Raub at a hearing Monday. A judge ordered Raub detained for another month, Rutherford executive director John Whitehead said.

Whitehead said he found nothing alarming in Raub's social media commentaries. "The posts I read that supposedly were of concern were libertarian-type posts I see all the time," he said.
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 6:04:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
HE KNOWS ABOUT THE CHEMTRAILS

OPSEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/21/2012 6:24:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Whitehead said he found nothing alarming in Raub's social media commentaries. "The posts I read that supposedly were of concern were libertarian-type posts I see all the time," he said.

This is the crux of the problem right here. I see shit much more "out there" posted on the Internet all the time, even on ARFCOM, than what this guy said. I don't agree with most of what he wrote, but a psych hold just for that is way beyond the pale. I hope there is a lot more than that to support holding him for psychiatric reasons.
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 7:40:06 AM EDT
[#37]
I assume he went down in a hail of gunfire standing atop a mountain of dead FBI agents, right? Cus if not, that whole 'heroic leader of the revolution' gig didnt work out so well...
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 8:10:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Arrested and detained for psych bullshit.
Unless he broke the law he should not be detained or arrested.
1st amendmant protects crazy talk.

Just one more avenue to exploit and trample the citizen.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 8:18:36 AM EDT
[#39]
truther, paulbot, etc.

You guys are missing the point.  This is an american citizen, being detained without charge by the federal govt for exercising his first amendment rights.  The point is not whether or not you think he has some off kilter ideas.   Good thing the feds wont be picking up anyone from arfcom for a mental health eval because the feds like everything that gets expressed on here.
Here is an interview wit the guy.

http://youtu.be/sX1EvM6XksM
embed if you like, I'm not smart enough ;)
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 8:24:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

yeah ok.
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 8:25:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 8:26:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
truther, paulbot, etc.

You guys are missing the point.  This is an american citizen, being detained without charge by the federal govt for exercising his first amendment rights.  The point is not whether or not you think he has some off kilter ideas.   Good thing the feds wont be picking up anyone from arfcom for a mental health eval because the feds like everything that gets expressed on here.

he's not being held by the feds he's not in jail. He's in a pysch ward because it doesn't take either a psychiatrist or a psychologist to figure out he's a few bricks shy of a load. Pro tip. don't post shirt less photos of yourself on the internet with a  gun and then post about severing heads.
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 8:38:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
truther, paulbot, etc.

First, it isn't the feds doing it, it is state and local authorities. Get mad at the right people.

Second, any time you post a link with that piece of garbage Adam Kokesh in it you don't do your cause any help- nor does he by associating with scum like that.

If it were the states and locals wanting him detained, then the feds didnt need to be there.

Sorry the Kokesh interview offends you, but there isnt one available from fox. or cnn.  or msnbc.  or the AP.   Find me a CNN interview and I'll post it.

Was what he did stupid?  Yes.  Does it warrant 30 days of a court/states mandated mental evaluation?  no.  Let me hold you for 30 days somewhere and we will see if you call it detainment then.

Oh, And Im not mad.  Actually having a good day.

New thread, Kokesh is a piece of garbage because....go.    I'll start, he's a libertarian.

edit: its not my cause.  I think hes a bit out there as well.  But detainment over facebook postings is a bit minority report for me.
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 8:51:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

New thread, Kokesh is a piece of garbage because....go.    I'll start, he's a libertarian.

He is very active with the shitbags at IVAW, Code Pink, etc.

He was booted from active duty with the USMC and lost his stripes because he was a shitbag who was busted smuggling weapons back into the country.

He was showing at far leftist political activities in uniform while still in the USMC (IRR), and get himself a General Discharge for it.

He has on numerous times misrepresented the status of his discharge, and the rank at the time.

He gained access to the US military base on Ansbach Germany under false pretenses while he was over in Europe badmouthing the USA to all who would listen, went into a crowded dining facility at lunch and stood up yelling to all the Soldiers in there encouraging them to become deserters.

Yeah, he is a disgusting piece of shit, who for whatever reason the libertarian movement seems to idolize. Anyone who goes around encouraging US Soldiers to become deserters is.

Damn!   I like you.
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 11:22:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is very active with the shitbags at IVAW, Code Pink, etc.

He was booted from active duty with the USMC and lost his stripes because he was a shitbag who was busted smuggling weapons back into the country.

He was showing at far leftist political activities in uniform while still in the USMC (IRR), and get himself a General Discharge for it.

He has on numerous times misrepresented the status of his discharge, and the rank at the time.

He gained access to the US military base on Ansbach Germany under false pretenses while he was over in Europe badmouthing the USA to all who would listen, went into a crowded dining facility at lunch and stood up yelling to all the Soldiers in there encouraging them to become deserters.

Yeah, he is a disgusting piece of shit, who for whatever reason the libertarian movement seems to idolize. Anyone who goes around encouraging US Soldiers to become deserters is.

Damn!   I like you.

Link Posted: 8/21/2012 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#47]
A vid I saw stated he did this on purpose, posting borderline antagonistic shit, , essentially setting up the feds and challenging ndaa nonsense.
doesn't appear he believes any of the conspiracy nonsense,

"the revolution will come for me, men will come to my door to pick me up to lead it" and then posts his address.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bVgaDa3sh4
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Ive been on the fence about deleting my FB.

Not anymore . Poof.

Gone.

I've seen worse pages.
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Identify and treating the mentally ill is not a bad thing or some great government conspiracy.
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 1:42:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That doesn't make a person "a piece of garbage".  Massively unrealistic, yes, but minimal government is not a bad goal.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top