Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 5:14:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 5:27:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Big Tabaccey poisoning the supply so a few peeps get sick, and the news pushes it all front and center?
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 5:32:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Why did vaping just start killing people this year?
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 5:34:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I suspect there have been other deaths related to vaping that were classified as something else.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
11!

I suspect there have been other deaths related to vaping that were classified as something else.
Possibly, but some of these deaths that are being classified as vaping related are based on damn slim evidence.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't know whether that's valid or not, but do you think something like this is why cigarette smoke is linked to cancer yet heavy MJ smokers don't appear to show the same risk?
View Quote
I don't know. I'll have to research it more. I did notice marijuana smokers have low incidence of lung cancer. But looks like it also suppresses immune (lung macrophage) response, so inviting bacterial infection.

Here's some info https://www.atsjournals.org/doi/full/10.1513/AnnalsATS.201212-127FR
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Tobacco and the tree industry are two of the main industries that made mj illegal to begin with. Wouldn’t be surprised
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
11 is statistically insignificant compared to the number of vape users.

Considering legislation based on 11 deaths caused by a substitute product for cigarettes (which kill hundreds daily) is just inane. Fucking clown world.

Tobacco lobbyists HAVE to be behind this. No other explanation. I would be astounded if they weren’t behind the push to ban the competing product.
Tobacco and the tree industry are two of the main industries that made mj illegal to begin with. Wouldn’t be surprised
Why would tobacco be against vaping?

The nicotine comes from tobacco, and tobacco companies have significant ownership of some of the largest vaping companies.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 5:37:06 PM EDT
[#7]
How many have died from Big Macs?

How many in the same time frame have died from illegal alien drunk drivers?
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Possibly, but some of these deaths that are being classified as vaping related are based on damn slim evidence.
View Quote
I bet there's more if anything. CDC is the one releasing these stats based off their review. How do we know other people haven't died earlier and it was ruled something else, or misdiagnosises are taking place and leading to underreporting of the disease.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I would like to know how they differentiated people that died from vaping and people that vape who died.
View Quote
That would be called an autopsy.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think this is also likely.  The amount of detailed forensic information being disclosed is pathetically low.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still think this is directly related to people using oils instead of glycol.
I think this is also likely.  The amount of detailed forensic information being disclosed is pathetically low.
This is what I am starting to think now as well.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I bet there's more if anything. CDC is the one releasing these stats based off their review. How do we know other people haven't died earlier and it was ruled something else, or misdiagnosises are taking place and leading to underreporting of the disease.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

11 deaths from all over the country....

If they are vaping related, the CDC has not shown the evidence yet (e.g. all used vape consumables contaminated with X).

Pushing to ban an entire industry over 11 tangentially related deaths seems like a case of wagging the dog.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The nicotine comes from tobacco, and tobacco companies have significant ownership of some of the largest vaping companies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Considering legislation based on 11 deaths caused by a substitute product for cigarettes (which kill hundreds daily) is just inane. Fucking clown world.

Tobacco lobbyists HAVE to be behind this. No other explanation. I would be astounded if they weren’t behind the push to ban the competing product.

Vaping didn’t exist when tobacco companies lobbied to outlaw weed
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 5:47:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I realize that. My post was more in response to Pneumagger's post than to yours. Sorry for any confusion.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 5:47:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

People have been vaping/smoking THC concentrate for years.  Literally vaporizing crystal THC and inhaling it, they don't have chunks of THC in their lungs.  THC is normally absorb into the lungs, that's why people smoke it.
View Quote
Under pyrolysis sure, combustion consumes the crystalline solid turns it to something else that you inhale. Vaping does not cause combustion. It's just a valid theory as anything I've seen posted this far. But more than likely it's the OIL that the thc is suspended in, liquid at room temp, heat to vapor, cools to something akin to bacon grease at body temp? Someone post that 19 year olds scans again.

That certainly isn't pg ang vg. Your saying it ain't thc, welp that leaves the carrier of the thc.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I realize that. My post was more in response to Pneumagger's post than to yours. Sorry for any confusion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My bad. Carry on.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 5:49:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It's ILLEGAL to make and sell moonshine.
Drugs and alcohol have always been regulated.
View Quote
You think methyl alcohol is only found in moonshine? Perhaps you should look more into the alcohol process, hint it's in every beer and wine, even in liquor. When distilled they usually throw the heads, because methyl alcohol distills at a lower temp that ethyl alcohol.

Try again.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I still think this is directly related to people using oils instead of glycol.
View Quote
Some chick that worked for the CDC says, they are using "illegal" substances and crazy shit like vitamin E. Vit E coats your lungs in lipids.
I think the vape fad is biting into cig use and hurting the money the states get from the tobacco settlement.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Funny how this all started popping up around the time reports of people dying from haempholis influenza started being reported.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Raises hand.

Im in better health now than when I smoked.

I use quality liquid and kit.  It keeps me from smoking.

It's better.  It cannot possibly be nearly as bad as smoking until we reach 400k deaths per year....and I'm confident that wont be the case.
View Quote
Was talking about related death of multi year users. By your posting sort of eliminates you
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll bet if you had a list of all the shit with a death toll of 11 you'd be much less concerned about this.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 6:07:25 PM EDT
[#21]
fake vape juice imported from china is killing these people.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#22]
What is the ratio of vaping deaths to smoking deaths? 1:1,000,000? Seems pretty good to me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 6:26:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Shitty dogooder thread based on zero logic.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Meh. One less flatbill wearing, mall crawling Jeep driving douche bag clogging up GA roadways. Good vape.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Funny how this all started popping up around the time reports of people dying from haempholis influenza started being reported.
View Quote
Hadn't heard about that. Details?
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 7:33:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’ll have to go back and see if I can find the articles. Right around the first reports of vaping deaths there was an article about haemopholis influenza killing people. They have similar lung conditions from what I’ve read.

Edit: I can’t find the article now. It’s completely gone. Can say though that three individuals in my household are being treated for it at present. And no none of them vape.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 7:35:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#28]
The CEO of Juul was fired yesterday and the company ceased all advertisements.  Phillip Morris and Altria called off their merger yesterday as well.  There is something going on here and the elite upper echelon of power people know it is going to be bad.

But keep smoking it's, harmless and I buy stock in PM.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Meanwhile cigarettes stopped killing people!
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
There's an agenda being rolled out here. Be interesting to see where exactly it's heading.

Say what you want but there's something fishy going on.
View Quote
I am beginning to think this is something the 8chan folks have been doing since their site is down.

Smells like jenkem in here.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I would like to know how they differentiated people that died from vaping and people that vape who died.
View Quote
Are you being intentionally dense?  They all died of the same mysterious lung disease.  Meaning something they haven't seen before and can not explain except that in 100% of the cases each victim was using vape products.  This is not a lung disease found in the lungs of dead smokers of cigarettes.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I am beginning to think this is something the 8chan folks have been doing since their site is down.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's an agenda being rolled out here. Be interesting to see where exactly it's heading.

Say what you want but there's something fishy going on.

You know I forgot all about that being down.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Are you being intentionally dense?  They all died of the same mysterious lung disease.  Meaning something they haven't seen before and can not explain except that in 100% of the cases each victim was using vape products.  This is not a lung disease found in the lungs of dead smokers of cigarettes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorta has a good point. I mean if it’s a mysterious lung disease that they don’t know anything about how can they be certain it was people dying from vaping as opposed to people dying who vaped. Honestly they can’t say what’s causing it because they say they don’t know what it is so.....
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Where's all the people saying it was only black market vitamin e cut dope juice?
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 8:11:49 PM EDT
[#35]
I wonder if the CDC already knows what the issue is but they or the MSM is not reporting it.

I find it hard to believe with the resources the CDC has that they haven't figured it out by now.

Lord help us if a strange virus appears if this is the case.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 8:16:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I wonder if the CDC already knows what the issue is but they or the MSM is not reporting it.

I find it hard to believe with the resources the CDC has that they haven't figured it out by now.

Lord help us if a strange virus appears if this is the case.
View Quote
It occurred to me just a short while ago. Why is this only an issue in the US. I’m sure people vape in Europe don’t they?
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 8:16:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Where's all the people saying it was only black market vitamin e cut dope juice?
View Quote
Hi!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/Health/health-news/vaping-illnesses-crisis-mixes-teens-black-market-thc-no-regulation/ar-AAHIQ1q?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U453DHP

Edit: I have no idea what's causing it but it isn't regular e-juice unless it's some off the wall tainted stuff.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 8:16:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Sorta has a good point. I mean if it’s a mysterious lung disease that they don’t know anything about how can they be certain it was people dying from vaping as opposed to people dying who vaped. Honestly they can’t say what’s causing it because they say they don’t know what it is so.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They said this

The death is one of nine confirmed cases in Georgia. The nine people were hospitalized and developed pneumonia with “no known infectious cause,” according to the agency.
(...)
Doctors are reporting cases of otherwise healthy patients, many in their late teens and 20s, showing up in emergency rooms gasping for breath and vomiting. The CDC said the outbreak does not seem to be caused by an infection but by chemical exposure, possibly a solvent mixed with nicotine or THC, the main psychoactive chemical in marijuana.
https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-news/first-death-linked-mysterious-vaping-illness-confirmed-georgia/GdZmSdAdkHXQeDd7R8PxdM/
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 8:19:02 PM EDT
[#39]
It's pretty quacking weird that many small business owners took to the free market to develop a safer and cheaper alternative to tobacco are now death dealers.

This is like a doubled-charged lot of XM193 hitting the market, but the media reporting all forms of 556 NATO are going to destroy your rifle while government stops all sales of 556/223 in the name of safety.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Who knows.

Where's the explanation of what is causing this problem?

Vaping isn't new. It's been around for over a decade. If vaping is believed to be causing sudden acute symptoms, to include death, you'd think they would have noticed it sometime in the past 15 years.

So that leaves us with a few possibilities:

1. The entire medical community didn't notice acute symptoms and death related to vaping for 15 years, be there are woke now!

2. Something has changed in the vaping supply chain or consumables, and tainted or bad product has been put on the market.... this seems somewhat unlikely, as the vaping industry is now more mature and better regulated, both by government and internally, than it was a few years ago. I shudder when I think about some of the shit vape juice that was common a few years ago.

3. Public policy is wagging the dog. Vaping cuts into tobacco excise taxes... the federal government has about 13 billion annual reasons to stop people from vaping, and states have over 18 billion reasons to consider any respiratory illness to be a result of vaping.

Given the widespread nature of the alleged vaping related illness problem, it seems less likely that a single tainted batch of product is to blame.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 9:12:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

No.

So much fail.

Until quite some time after the civil war, you could go down to the drugstore and buy a bottle of laudanum, paregoric, cocaine, opium, whatever.  The only limit was the amount of money you had.  MJ wasn't made illegal until about the time Prohibition was repealed.

Do you even history bro?
View Quote
You just made my point.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Who the fuck gives a shit?  11 people or 110 people is statistically insignificant. Vape away at your own risk. Or don’t.  Freedom has consequences.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 10:15:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Who knows.

Vaping isn't new. It's been around for over a decade. If vaping is believed to be causing sudden acute symptoms, to include death, you'd think they would have noticed it sometime in the past 15 years.

1. The entire medical community didn't notice acute symptoms and death related to vaping for 15 years, be there are woke now!

2. Something has changed in the vaping supply chain or consumables, and tainted or bad product has been put on the market.... this seems somewhat unlikely, as the vaping industry is now more mature and better regulated, both by government and internally, than it was a few years ago. I shudder when I think about some of the shit vape juice that was common a few years ago.

3. Public policy is wagging the dog. Vaping cuts into tobacco excise taxes... the federal government has about 13 billion annual reasons to stop people from vaping, and states have over 18 billion reasons to consider any respiratory illness to be a result of vaping.

Given the widespread nature of the alleged vaping related illness problem, it seems less likely that a single tainted batch of product is to blame.
View Quote
Your item 3 is essentially pointless.  Big tobacco (I invest in Phillip Morris so I actually look at data) gave up on the American market long ago.  Their biggest consumers are Asia and Europe.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 10:29:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Your item 3 is essentially pointless.  Big tobacco (I invest in Phillip Morris so I actually look at data) gave up on the American market long ago.  Their biggest consumers are Asia and Europe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who knows.

If that's the case, why did Altria Group, acquire a 35% stake in Juul for $12.8 billion on December 20, 2018?

Big tobacco is heavily invested in vaping. Banning vaping is not in their best interest. Right now vaping is not subject to the excise taxes that cigarettes are and is wildly profitable. Manufacturing cost for vape juice is around $0.30 - $0.90 per 15ml for high quality juice that retails for $10 - $14.

Vaping is the best thing that has happened to big tobacco since the 60's.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 10:33:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Oh my goodness.

They just need to DO SOMETHING!!!!! About these danged vapers!

Link Posted: 9/26/2019 11:18:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Who knows.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who knows.

Been racking my brain trying to figure out what the commonality could be.

About the only thing I could think of is wire used in coil production. Run of wire tainted with lead or some other foreign metal
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 11:41:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Not dead yet. 11 years since quitting smoking. Picked up US made "vapes" since then.

Somethings fucky.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 11:45:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Been racking my brain trying to figure out what the commonality could be.

About the only thing I could think of is wire used in coil production. Run of wire tainted with lead or some other foreign metal
View Quote
Interesting maybe it was cadmium coated.  Maybe that new Netflix show that uses crowd sourcing to solve an illness should run with it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 11:49:26 PM EDT
[#49]
The way this issue just popped up one day and killed 11 people after over a decade of no reported deaths makes me think that a bad batch hit the market (assuming this isn't just more bullshit/fake news).  
Counterfeit vaping products are a pretty common problem.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 11:52:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Millions upon millions of users...and a handful of deaths?  Cmon, man.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top