Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:30:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Where does this nonsense come from?  Democrats own all big tech, all media, make up most of the teachers, and run/work in all these other woke companies but people here keep saying "Democrats don't work".    Do you really think 62% of New York doesn't work?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if the gov gave any thought to what happens when all the producers leave, and there's only takers left?

Where does this nonsense come from?  Democrats own all big tech, all media, make up most of the teachers, and run/work in all these other woke companies but people here keep saying "Democrats don't work".    Do you really think 62% of New York doesn't work?

Some are bailing: (some links require subscriptions)
Florida Will Overtake New York As The Epicenter Of Finance, Hedge Fund Manager Says
State Street Is Latest Financial Firm to Abandon NYC Offices
More Than One In Five NYC Financial Firms Expect To Move Jobs Out Of The City
Hedge Funds Are Ready to Get Out of New York and Move to Florida
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:31:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
5MR out of 13M total.

Yet we always read here in GD that NY is actually conservative
View Quote

Outside of NYC, Albany and one or two other cities, yes it is generally conservative leaning. Its like that in many blue states. The Dem vote typically congregates/concentrates in the urban area and outnumbers the voters in the sticks, typically by a wide margin.

NY State voter registration Feb 21, 2021

Per the PDF linked roughly half (3,376,341) of the 6,216,759 active Democrats are within the NYC city limits. For Republicans most live outside of NYC. Active Republicans within NYC - 501,848, Active outside of NYC - 2,745,827.

Statewide Total
Active Democrat: 6,216,759
Active Republican: 2,745,827
Active Blank: 2,795,205

As to the NY's Governor's verbal vomit; "It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em."
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:32:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Wild.  She handing out machetes for some rawanda style genocide yet?  
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:32:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
5MR out of 13M total.

Yet we always read here in GD that NY is actually conservative
View Quote

Total NYS population is actually 19.5 million.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:32:36 AM EDT
[#5]
PA is open for business...come on down my upstate brethren, and fill yourselves with cheap 30rd mags and 15min handgun purchases
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:34:41 AM EDT
[#6]
If you don't think the real shooting is going to start in the near future I guess I just don't understand you.  There is no political solution.  Your existence is intolerable to them.  Every word you utter, your offspring, your values, your efforts.  It's all a problem, that needs a solution and that solution is that you stop existing.  It will not stop at 'get out of my state'.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:35:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This is some of the most moronic and telling shit I've seen from the Dem side yet.

"just leave"

Well, thanks for letting everyone know you have zero interest in finding common ground with millions of your constituents.
View Quote

Cuomo said the same thing and then got re-elected.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:36:50 AM EDT
[#8]
That should be an impeachable offense.  What a shitty time we live in.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Outside of NYC, Albany and one or two other cities, yes it is generally conservative leaning.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wish they would. NY would come to a grinding halt.
View Quote

It would drive home values up in near-by states tremendously.

Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:38:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Gov. Kathy Hochul, who hasn't proven shy about issuing orders, had one for the state's Republicans this week   all 5.4 million of them: "Just jump on a bus and head down to Florida where you belong, OK?" she said. "You are not New Yorkers."
View Quote
They should take her up on it. If they are real conservatives and believe in freedom they'd be much better off in any number of other places.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

but land doesn't vote people do.  Most people live in the cities and urban areas and they are liberal.
View Quote

Make land vote. Marginalize and choke urban areas. This should be a policy objective.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Kathy Hochul’s call for 5.4M Republicans to leave New York is dangerous and disgusting

Gov. Kathy Hochul, who hasn’t proven shy about issuing orders, had one for the state’s Republicans this week — all 5.4 million of them: “Just jump on a bus and head down to Florida where you belong, OK?” she said. “You are not New Yorkers.”

https://nypost.com/2022/08/25/kathy-hochuls-call-for-5-4m-republicans-to-leave-new-york-is-dangerous/
View Quote

This behavior by "leadership" will continue to create geographical boundaries. Then there will be a decision that will be made because sleeping in separate bedrooms and contemptuous glares in the kitchen just don't work out.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#14]
then who pays taxes, dumb liberal
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:41:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I believe it!
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:42:31 AM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Outside of NYC, Albany and one or two other cities, yes it is generally conservative leaning.

https://i.imgur.com/k7ndsX1.jpg

Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:42:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Following in Cuomo's shoes. He tried to dictate what views a " real NYer" would have
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#18]
She is the hateful unAmerican and unfit to be in office. If the Republicans took their banking out of state the point would be made really fast. I expect the run would cause a lot of panic.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I believe it!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe it!

The guy running against this cunt used to praise Cuomo.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#20]
The Balkanization is real boys.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:55:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This is some of the most moronic and telling shit I've seen from the Dem side yet.
"just leave"
Well, thanks for letting everyone know you have zero interest in finding common ground with millions of your constituents.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
"just leave"
Well, c'mon... they'd kill us if they had the power. Common ground isn't really a priority for them.

Quoted:
Where does this nonsense come from?  Democrats own all big tech, all media, make up most of the teachers, and run/work in all these other woke companies but people here keep saying "Democrats don't work".  Do you really think 62% of New York doesn't work?
It's not that libs don't work - it's that without us, they couldn't fund their liberal utopia on their own. The parasites would vastly outnumber them, and would almost immediately eat them alive.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:56:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
LOL. She thinks Republicans ride buses

View Quote
They got all mad when we drove trucks and boats within sight of them during the last election.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:56:31 AM EDT
[#23]
She went from up-state lady nobody had heard of to front-page dictator pretty damn quick
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#24]
It's like she heard Bill Maher's sarcastic comment about how a civil war can't happen because the Mason Dixon line would run through meemaw's kitchen and thought "good point, let me geographically separate all the people I don't like so we can shoot at each other more easily down the road"

I'm hoping this is either bitchy dumb bluster or some sneaky plan to extort money for her failing state from all the people leaving, but seeing this, Biden clearly pandering exclusively to the cultist left and directly against everyone else, and Crist down here telling me to keep my vote and "hate in my heart" and to basically go fuck myself I'm getting concerned about why they're so confidently dropping all pretense of cooperation or even coexistence all of a sudden.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#25]
cumhole said something similar, guess she was closer to him than people made it seem when she was lt gov

more of that tolerance the left is always screaming about
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:00:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Make land vote. Marginalize and choke urban areas. This should be a policy objective.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
but land doesn't vote people do.  Most people live in the cities and urban areas and they are liberal.
For who? Certainly not for the people in power.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:01:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If you don't think the real shooting is going to start in the near future I guess I just don't understand you.  There is no political solution.  Your existence is intolerable to them.  Every word you utter, your offspring, your values, your efforts.  It's all a problem, that needs a solution and that solution is that you stop existing.  It will not stop at 'get out of my state'.
View Quote

I think it's a thinly veiled warning that should be heeded. Get out while you still can.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:07:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:08:52 AM EDT
[#30]

Let’s look at the quality of those R candidates in NY
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Boo effing hoo. As if D and R aren't the same behind their masks of wedge issues. No matter who is in office our circle of liberty shrinks and wealth keeps flowing upwards.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:11:53 AM EDT
[#32]
To me, those two maps show that New Yorkers are as likely to go for a Democrat as for a Republican - which would seem to put paid to the claim that Upstate is so conservative.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:13:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

we have one of those
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When she took over from Cuomo media described her as a moderate from western NY, where the moderates live

She seems way worse than Coumo or even AOC - a power mad, plastic faced commie witch

we have one of those

Karens are trying to rule the world.

AZ better watch out too, and our friends there better get out and vote.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:14:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
To me, those two maps show that New Yorkers are as likely to go for a Democrat as for a Republican - which would seem to put paid to the claim that Upstate is so conservative.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

A Republican in NY makes Lindsey Graham look like Thomas Jefferson.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:16:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:18:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
cumhole said something similar, guess she was closer to him than people made it seem when she was lt gov

more of that tolerance the left is always screaming about
View Quote

Repressive tolerance is what they operate under. Basically, their "tolerance" is that the left must always be tolerated while the right must never be tolerated. Just like when they say "compromise" they mean "you compromise".
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:19:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'll tell you a secret 87% of NY "Republicans" don't give two shits about ARs and certainly not body armor.
View Quote
That's most Republicans, period. Most on the Right don't give a shit about guns.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#39]

I love these maps. My county is is giving the middle finger to the rest of the state .
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#40]
How long before the armbands to identify these “people” so they’re ostracized and shunned?
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#42]

Could it be that Wendy Long was just a horrible candidate? A common problem with Republican candidates in liberal states. She lost to Kirsten Gillibrand in 2012 by almost the exact same margin (71.9% - 26.7%).

Plenty of other graphics to show turnouts upstate/outside urban areas that leaned more Republican at times.

2020 presidential election

Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The leftist states for a while have been talking about exit taxes.

Actually, jersey already has some form  of it in their real estate transfer tax. If you sell in nj and don’t buy another property in nj you pay extra.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe she'll issue a decree that no NY dem can ever leave the state again also. Or build a wall to keep them in like the old East Germany.

The leftist states for a while have been talking about exit taxes.

Actually, jersey already has some form  of it in their real estate transfer tax. If you sell in nj and don’t buy another property in nj you pay extra.

I dont see how that passes constitutional muster given it discourages interstate travel. And if a state cannot encourage a person to stay  out of it (we will drop the charges if you never show your face here again type), then a state cant similarly encourage you to stay in it
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:37:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:40:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It's like that red/blue U.S. map that people here keep throwing up, with all the yuuuuge red areas.

More than 75% of U.S. citizens live in those small blue areas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GD confuses land area with people.  Most of NY, by land area, is conservative but land doesn't vote people do.  Most people live in the cities and urban areas and they are liberal.

It's like that red/blue U.S. map that people here keep throwing up, with all the yuuuuge red areas.

More than 75% of U.S. citizens live in those small blue areas.

Yes, unfortunately that is how it is.  The guy behind the gun counter at my local store actually made a valid point.  He said how many people vote Red doesn't matter it is WHERE they vote Red.  For example my pro-gun US rep winning with 70% of the vote instead of 51% of the vote doesn't change anything in in how the country is represented.  If that extra 19% had lived in a battleground Blue district they could flip it Red and that same number of Republicans would have then changed how we are represented.

Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True. I know some and one moved here from NY. Although the guy says he's pro 2A and took up hunting pretty seriously, he seems to be more pro hunting than pro 2A. Still has not gotten his CCW yet took the class many years ago and although we just got Constitutional carry, he doesnt carry last I heard. I spoke to him about ARs for hunting and for defense for over three years - still has not bought one and money is no excuse, he became a millionaire with the oil/gas leases here many years ago. He said his whole family are from a small town in NY - all flaming liberals. They are in shock that he bought guns and took up hunting. When he speaks about gun freedom, he has an apologetic tone which I always call out.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:42:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

John Galt knows.
View Quote

"I will stop the motor of the world."

"When the lights of New York City are extinguished, we will know our work is done."

~ John Galt
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:42:57 AM EDT
[#48]
The start of balkanization.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:48:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
That woman is fucking insane and downright scary!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/179898/Insane_jpg-2503218.JPG
View Quote

I keep expecting her demon to come flying out of that joker yap and growl KNEEL AND WORSHIP ME!

seriously
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:48:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
She’s a loopy cunt.

Ohio is pretty great too, guys. Empty out NY, let it implode and enjoy a leisurely existence in a state that doesn’t think you’re too irresponsible to have a threaded barrel on your pistol.
View Quote

Ohio is terrible… NYers definitely shouldn’t consider coming to Ohio.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top