Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:35:26 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

XL anal beads

View Quote
They fall out because they were too small?

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Wood reptile hides
Analog thermometers
Analog hygrometers
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:37:39 PM EDT
[#3]
LG dehumidifier or any other LG product.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:40:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Duracoat shake n spray

para ordinance 1911

black tape

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:42:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Buffalo wild wings. I know they get a lot of hate but I used to like them a lot.  Nice and crispy and very saucy.  Last time I went, not only did I have to wait nearly an hour for my takeout order (it wasnt a big order and it was like 430...pretty sure there wete more staff than customers) but when I got my order my wings wete lukewarm, soft, and had a thin coat of dried sauce on them.  Looking back I wish I would have showed them to the manager and explained why they would never get a dime from me again. Oh well.
View Quote

yup. last time i was at BWW we were at a table less than 20 feet from the bar. they were not busy. everything we ordered took twice as long as it should. 20min minimum to get a beer. food came out cold. took it back, then food came out wrong. my buddys girl tried to order us shots to cheer us up (mostly her idea that we go there) and they wouldnt serve her at first because "she'd had too many" when she had only had one beer since she was driving (and wasnt planning on taking shots).

literally the absolute worst experience i have had at a restaurant...
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:43:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Samsung TV's.

I used to own 4.

Three had bad caps in their power supplies. One was our living room TV, it was out of warranty and more or less junked and replaced with another. Two 32" units had their power supplies replaced under warranty only to show signs of going bad again within a year. The fourth TV (the replacement for the living room) blew something in the HDMI board less than a year after getting it and wouldn't accept any inputs. Samsung called that one "lightning strike" even though nothing else in the house was affected and refused to fix it under warranty.

All my TVs are Panasonics now.
View Quote

That was the first thing that came to mind.  I bought a Samsung DLP back in the day and paid a decent sum for it.  Thing died 2 months out of warranty, and it became a very large and expensive piece of plastic.  I tried to swap out the probable cheap parts but it must have been one of the more expensive ones.  Bought a Panasonic plasma as a replacement.

Being the genius that I am, I proceeded to buy all Samsung appliances.  They are mostly great, but 4 months after the warranty was up, the dishwasher died again.  I had 4 or 5 service calls on it under warranty.  Fortunately I was able to get the part after a 3 week wait and get it back up and running for 30 bucks worth of plastic.  

Maybe I should just stick to their phones.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:44:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
And I thought a thread like this would draw out the Apple haters in droves. Where are they?
View Quote

most apple haters have never bought an apple product

so idk if it counts

but yea, fuck apple. mostly because of the cult following. but in general as well, fuck apple/macintosh/whatever
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:47:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Frontier Airlines.

I took a trip on them a couple of years ago.  In 3 of the 4 planes I was on something was being held together with duct tape.  
View Quote

So what you're saying is that it upsets you that the duct tape was visible on frontier rather than hidden like on the other airlines?
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream
Newman's Own (Newman is one of those "Free Mumia" folks)
View Quote

Newman is dead.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:49:35 PM EDT
[#11]
A prostitute in Bangkok.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:49:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a long list, but GM products sit atop it with a gilded crown. I know they're capable of making quality, however the odds of me getting one are suck. Why bother, when their competition is the same price and pretty much everywhere?

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:51:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Botach anything!!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:51:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Cheaper than dirt...
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Masterbuilt Smokers.   I used to speak highly of them but I had one break that I bought for my father.  The hinge on the door broke due to a shit weld.  Brought it back to the store and got a new one.  Same thing happened after about 8 months on the new one.  

Called them and they said they would send me a new door.... twice.  Then they came back said they didn't have any more doors for that model.  I wouldn't have been so bummed but they said they would make it right 2 times and then left me in the cold.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Ever since Intermedia Outdoors (Guns & Ammo, Shotgun News, etc) tried to send a collections agency after me, I would never buy their product again, and I discourage anyone I can from subscribing to any of their magazines.

I just looked at the original letter I sent them, it was dated August 27, 2008, so yes I do hold a grudge.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:52:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Suppositories. For all the good they did me, I might as well of shoved them up my ass.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:52:57 PM EDT
[#18]
FlexRadio Transceivers
Profilux Aquarium controllers

Neither one lived up to the hype

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:56:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Philips plasma tv (circa 2007)
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:56:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
that too, fuck those guys!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I will never buy myself an arfcom membership again

that too, fuck those guys!

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Chevy.
View Quote

This.  Obama ruined it for me.  

I will not condone his actions by contributing to its success.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:07:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Samsung Cell Phones
Harley Davidson Motorcycles
View Quote

Really? I have loved every Samsung Cell Phone I have ever had.

Now LG, FUCK LG!
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Anything made by Government Motors.

Anything inside a Best Buy store.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#25]
five pound bag of sugar free gummy bears.....
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Audi.

Never again.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Ruby Tuesdays. Group of us (8) went to one in Atlanta after a car show. Took 45 minutes to get a table, when the place was about a third full, wasn't a problem at first since we just went to the bar for a beer. Another 20 minutes goes by before we get a drink order in. another 20 minutes before we get our drinks. Thirty minutes later, the waiter finally comes back to get our food order. AN HOUR goes by before we get our food. We called out the manager and told him he was paying for it since it took so long. didn't even get drink refills.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Froglube
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Famous Grouse Scotch..yuck...
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:25:16 PM EDT
[#30]
JEEP
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:26:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Anything made by Ford.

Anything made by Frigidaire.

Anything made by Black & Decker.

Anything made by Bushmaster.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#32]
GE appliance.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote
Damn Lifers.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#34]
A Ford.  They sold me a real lemon 35 years ago and I vowed to never consider buying a Ford.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Sunkist Orange Diet Soda.... they have the worst quality control. I got another batch that tasted like old dirt
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:41:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
ANY kind of extended or aftermarket warranty from department stores, dealerships, etc.
View Quote

from anybody !!!!  They are worthless for the consumer.  but generate mucho cash for the seller.

gd
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:45:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Burger King.  

Last time I had it was about 12 years ago.  Gave me food poisoning so bad I was throwing up chunks of undigested hamburger 8 hours later.  Havent eaten since and see no need to.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:50:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Anything from Electronic Arts.

I'd say Apple but I've never bought nor owned an Apple product and the one Apple device I'm paid to use by my company I absolutely hate.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#39]
I will never buy another chevy, or gmc truck.I got burned twice
Never another Arctic cat product
Never anything made in China, if i have a choice.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:53:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Sprint cell phone service.
I'll use smoke signals and Western Union Telegraphs before ever going back to Sprint. Shitty network, hobbled phones, and asshole employees.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Damn, dude. You win.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anything from Rogue Brewery.

The beer is fantastic, but I once spent way too much money on every distilled spirit they sell to share with a bunch of family and close friends on the East Coast. Every single one of them was awful. One (one!) person thought the Spruce Gin was OK. I gave them the bottle.

I had reserved a bottle of their single malt whiskey for a friend that couldn't join us at the big party where we tasted all the others. He claimed it was "interesting" and not bad.

For the price? Utter horse shit.

I also avoid anything from CA if I can. Apparently some produce is only grown commercially in CA, but I buy Texas Ruby Red grapefruit and Florida oranges. Motherfuckers stole my Hawaiian Bonsai tree after it barely survived the drive from AK in February, claiming that there might be nematodes in the soil. The thing grew out of a lava rock, there wasn't a gram of soil on the thing. Fuck CA produce.

WOW! Rogue is on my list as well. I was on a bike trip out that way and stopped there with friends for dinner. I ate half of my sandwich before I looked at the bun and realized there was fresh people blood on it (not mine). They berated the kitchen worker in front of me and made a big deal about how they were gonna see if they can comp the sandwich with fucking human blood on it. Shit, they barely did that, didn't offer a round of beers (AT THE BREWERY) to me or my three, now grossed out, friends. We tried to buy some liquor on the way out and the manager (who wanted commendation for getting the sandwich comped) told us they could only sell rum per the "statute of limitations". Half of us are lawyers and asked if he knew what that meant.

He then told us to try the distillery across the street (Rogue owned). We did, and they had been closed for hours. So much bullshit. It gets better. I emailed them a couple weeks later (after I got home from my trip) and said, I just want to let you know what happened, if it were my place, I would certainly want to know. I also included a link to my well established food website to show I was not a fraud. I didn't ask for anything, just letting them know. I get an email back from the CEO! He says he will investigate. Then radio silence. I wait a couple weeks and follow up. Nothing. He sends me a cryptic email six weeks later saying his response must have gone to spam. It did not. Then he follows up and says none of the kitchen staff said they cut themselves that day, there is no explanation for the blood! He basically called me a liar. What a fucking asshole. He later requested to friend me on LinkedIn . Also, he recently died, so I won in the end. I tell everyone that story, and will never touch a Rogue product for the rest of my life. I have the emails in case anyone wants to verify/see the derp first hand.

TL/DR: Blood sandwich/dick CEO/Fuck Rogue

Damn, dude. You win.

It still amazes me to this day. Had i been in his shoes, I would have sent the bottle of Dead Guy whiskey we were trying to buy (detailed in the overall email story to him) to the customers house along with a substantial amount of beers and the promise that next time I make it out the meal for 4 is comped. In reality, I would have been thrilled with a "our bad", we won't be serving AIDS bread in the future.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Chrysler/Dodge car = Junk!
View Quote

I dunno about their cars.  I can tell you my Ram truck is very nice and reliable.

And built in Mexico...
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Kahr
Chevy
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#44]

Crappy light beer with real clam juice, lots of salt, and tomato.

Who thought THAT was a good idea?!?
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:02:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Anything from GM, Toshiba and HTC.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Ed Brown 1911
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#48]
ADT can suck a mile of mule cock.

Their raggedy shit sent so many false alarms that the cops threatened to put ME in jail the next time they came all the way out to my place on a false call.

Fucked with them forever with no results and finally told the service dude to just take the shit and cancel it.

Couple years go by, they start sending bills threatening legal shit if I don't pay up. FUCK them.

Call and I'm told that I had to send written notice of cancellation or the shit just keeps on keepin on. FUCK THEM.

Told them they owe ME for about a year of out of service time which they flatly refuse and the threatening letters just keep coming and going straight in the trash.

Oh, and did I mention...........FUCK THEMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
five pound bag of sugar free gummy bears.....
View Quote

What you did there....., I saw it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Casette and VHS tapes
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top