Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:13:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Does she not have a driveway and 5-50 acres?

Poor city folk problems.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:14:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally, I would fab up a base for the cone out of a r/c vehicle. Then once I sat the cone on to said base, I would sit in the AC while waiting for Karen to hit the lure, and would film her chasing the cone.

But I never have to ask if I was the a** h*+^*.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just park your car there and move it like 1 foot forward or backwards every 30 minutes.  She'll keep getting her hopes up, then crushed very quickly.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:14:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you have a spare toilet?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:15:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My neighbor had her mailbox (shared on a post with mine which I keep clear in winter despite the plows that bury it) blocked once by a contractor with a trailer, came bitching at me because she couldn't get her DVD's she rents for her grandkids (this was 3 years ago. Who still does that?)
My guy had the trailer there for 4 hours. It was 4 hours where we needed it close. her husband has blocked the road with his trailer for his business or their family camper more times than I could count, but never bitched. I just went around although it created a blind spot.

She bitched me up and down. Made a huge scene over it. So what did I do?

I waited until winter, laughing inside whenever she gave me the old stinkeye.
I had my mail forwarded to my business PO Box and I watched it snow. I live on an outside sweep of the road and it piles up good. Not just high, but out about 7 feet too. This all has to be cleared so the mail truck can get close enough.
Not only did I let it pile up, but would direct my chute from my blower over the boxes and then go out late at night after turning on my water from the basement, and hose it down with one of those retractable slinky hoses you see on the TV ads to freeze as solid as the iceberg that took down the Titanic.

So she comes bitching to me again about me not clearing away the snow. I enjoyed watching her and her husband out there with shovels and ice scrapers hacking away at my now,  "giant glacial fuck you". Truck plows couldn't move it, bags of salt couldn't penetrate more than the first 4 inches of it. A team of old timey 49'ers with a guaranteed claim of sure gold couldn't bust through it with pickaxes.

Every time it snowed, I directed my chute to bury it more. Every cold, cold night, under the cloak of darkness.....I was there with my hose, feeding the monster.
So she finally comes over and asks me why I'm not keeping it clear. I said, "Well...In winter it's kind of a pain in the ass, so I have my mail forwarded so I don't have to deal with it any more."
I did that for 2 years. Just so she wouldn't forget it.
Guess who never bitched at me ever again?
View Quote

I am dying here. You sir win the internets for the day, and god I hope every word is true

Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:16:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Relocate said cone to her roof?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:17:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
She is an absolute RIOT. She yells at whoever parks in front of her home to move her car. She has called the local PD many times and they basically told her each and every time "Knock it off! it's a public street"

She moved in during Covid so our local community pool was closed. She has never lived the parking disaster when the pool is open during the summer. She came banging on my door "WHERE DID ALL THESE CARS COME FROM?" I gave the Miagi answer "Detroit"  

Her frustration was evident... I told her "THATS RIGHT! You moved in during the covid mess... yeah parking in the summer is terrible because of the pool down the street" You can see the anger building up. She now stands outside on the weekends when people try to park yelling at the visitors "YOU CANT PARK HERE!!" Most park elsewhere but some will engage in an argument... It's fun. I'll try to get some footage.

So what is my question for you? Today, she has found a traffic cone and put it in front of her home on the street to stop people from parking.

Lets get some suggestions on what to do. move it? Call the PD and let them deal with it? MYOB?

(personally, I dont give a shit. I just find this all entertaining)
View Quote

Tell the karen to park in the street in front of her own house, problem solved.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:17:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd have a revolving door of people to park there, when she comes out and yells they leave and just as she gets back to her front door another person parks.
Do that until she has a heat stroke?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Get a beater and park it there for the entertainment.  Film for YouTube.

In college I dealt with a crazy old bat who tried to stop me from parking across the street from her house.  I had carefully selected that spot because there were no houses on one side of the street due to a creek running near the street.  She called the police and reported the car as abandoned.  When that failed she made up some story about my legally parked car causing accidents in the next block.

I wished I could have left it there when I moved out of the dorms.
View Quote

When I was in college, I went with a few friends for a ski weekend. I parked across the street from my friend. There were empty lots across the street and no driveways. I couldn't have parked in front of anyone's house, and I couldn't have blocked anyone's driveway.

I had checked the parking ordinances before doing this.  I had 72 hours before a complaint could be filed, and then another 48 hours before getting a ticket. After ticketing, I could have been towed.

We got back from skiing and my car had been in the same spot for about 50 hours. We left for Friday night, and we were back about the same time on Sunday.

It had a warning from the city that it had been identified as an abandoned vehicle and was subject to being towed. If I had come back the next morning, the car would have been gone, and I would have still been within the 72 hour initial limit.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:18:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Should charge people to park on your lawn
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Put up HD camera with sound. Continue to myob, aside fron enjoying entertainment value.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:19:07 PM EDT
[#14]
People don't think car vandalism be like it is, but it do.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#15]
In for lulz.

Having cars rotate in shifts would certainly be entertaining.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I live on 180 acres and give no fucks about city people.
View Quote

Only a few for me but, still this
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Everybody is hot to someone. Just how bad is she?

@DrFrige
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:25:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Road flare inside cone
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:28:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Is that her?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Almost as bad as the mean old woman that lived on my street when I was a kid.  Any kids walking by her house got yelled at and she’d sick her dog on them.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Apparently, her parents never taught her not to sweat the small stuff.
View Quote

Tell her “don’t sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.”
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:34:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Write on the cone, “Stolen Cone.”

Maybe run over and when she knocks on your door say you were drunk and you’re not always like that.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:36:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Fence her into her property.  

She doesnt want to share with the public so she cant enjoy the public spaces.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:37:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I hate people parking in front of my house and have told people to move before, depending on where they park and how long.

I don’t live anywhere with a “community pool” though, or people without their own driveway space, so there is that.
View Quote

They should tell you to get fucked.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Tell her to park in front of her own house to keep people from doing; then put a freshly painted retired real fire hydrant that you bought off eBay next to her car and call the police about a car parked illegally out front.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:39:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Record everything, put it on youtube. I love those crazy neighbor videos on there.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:39:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Assholes that think they own everything need to be fucked with.  

Gorilla Glue that cone right in the middle of her driveway.  Enjoy watching her trying to remove it the next day.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:40:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Tell her to park in front of her own house to keep people from doing; then put a freshly painted retired real fire hydrant that you bought off eBay next to her car and call the police about a car parked illegally out front.
View Quote

Adds to eBay search…
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Put the cone on her driveway and use a concrete nailer to nail it down. Video the results and put on youtube.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:43:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Write "Free Parking" on the cone.
View Quote

Add an arrow pointed at her front lawn.

Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:44:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Am I to understand that she stole a traffic cone? Or does it look like she bought it new?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Growing up we had a neighbor that lived across the street from us.  Sometimes we would have people visit us and park on the berm in front of our house like any normal person would do.  The neighbor across the street would complain because for some reason they were incapable of backing out of their driveway without coming into the berm on our side of the street.  If a car was parked in front of our house they couldn't get out of their driveway (or so they said).  I think they complained a lot to the borough because eventually they painted that part of the berm yellow so people wouldn't park there.

This neighbor also complained one night at 7pm that we were making too much noise.  We were changing brake pads on a vehicle in our driveway with air tools.  I understand if it was past 9pm or something but 7pm?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:53:30 PM EDT
[#34]
The lady across the street from my parents did this. Which was weird because she actually had a driveway and everybody parked on the street because lots of folks didn't.

My dad ignored her when he had to park there (usually because somebody parked in front of our house). And then one day she actually parked her car and a friend's car to purposefully block my dad's car in the space in front of her house, which involved blocking her own driveway. Both cars so close to my dad's car that he couldn't move.

He got to stand grinning there while the cop said she could move both cars or he could have them towed, and she was getting cited if another cop ever came to talk to her again about people parking on a public street.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:53:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I am dying here. You sir win the internets for the day, and god I hope every word is true

View Quote

Yes. True.
And my wife, who does not approve of such shenanigans and would normally oppose, found herself oddly fascinated with my dedication to my performance art piece, going so far as to set alarms at 3am to turn on water, get hose, ice it down and clean up the crime scene in sub zero temps.
Maybe because this woman, normally friendly for 35 years, pushed her too far by getting on my wife's case about the trailer blocking the mailbox for 4 hours.
Sure enough, the mail was early that day so the lady never got her DVD's until the next day, but she tore into my wife, who had nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:59:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I hate people parking in front of my house and have told people to move before, depending on where they park and how long.

I don’t live anywhere with a “community pool” though, or people without their own driveway space, so there is that.
View Quote

Do you own the street?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#37]
100% chance that cone is stolen.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:00:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Get video of cone suspended beneath helium balloons as it sails away into the sky.

Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:02:49 PM EDT
[#39]

Oh man, that was a solid thread. Nice recall.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:04:30 PM EDT
[#40]
I can understand some of the don't park in front of my house shit.

I had tweakers down the street and all their druggie buddies thought they were being smart by parking in front of different houses and walking over to the crack house. They would leave cars, motorhomes, giant messes, etc everywhere. We all got pissed off at it. One lady sold her house because of it.

One day one of the tweakers was hiding by my fence so I fired up the truck and got it on the curb, put it in 4lo and hopped out. Walked up to the crack head sitting in the methstang and told him he should move. He questioned why til I pointed at the truck idling down the curb without occupants. Never had a problem with them since and neither did my neighbor across the street.

Due to our crackhead problems in the past now we let each other know if someone will be parking by another's house. I even let my neighbor and his family park on my front yard when they run out of room on the street. They are good people so I don't mind.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:06:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Do you own the street?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you own the street?

Do you not?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yes. True.
And my wife, who does not approve of such shenanigans and would normally oppose, found herself oddly fascinated with my dedication to my performance art piece, going so far as to set alarms at 3am to turn on water, get hose, ice it down and clean up the crime scene in sub zero temps.
Maybe because this woman, normally friendly for 35 years, pushed her too far by getting on my wife's case about the trailer blocking the mailbox for 4 hours.
Sure enough, the mail was early that day so the lady never got her DVD's until the next day, but she tore into my wife, who had nothing to do with it.
View Quote

Not that I would condone it...   but imagine if you had frozen some DVD's in a large block of ice, put said block of Ice Age'd dvd's in the mail box, then further filled in the space with water to freeze the mail box completely solid.

I would not condone that at all but I would understand it and laugh pretty hard at it.   Federal crime of tampering with a mailbox or not...
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:08:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Put out a sign in from of her house early in the morning that says “ Free Parking on lawn!”
View Quote

Put the sign on a stick, and put it in the opening on top of the cone. Include an arrow on the sign pointing to her house.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:09:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Valet stand at the curb that says "HONK! for pool parking valet"
View Quote

fixed
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Buys these…

Install them at dark thirty.

Watch as her head explodes..
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:10:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Park a car in front of her house, then put the cone on the roof of the car.
View Quote

I like this too
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Tagged for hilarity.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:13:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Park a car in front of her house, then put the cone on the roof of the car.
View Quote
i like this
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:13:15 PM EDT
[#49]
You have to drive your car right over the cone and park in front of her house. Video would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#50]
I actually do own the property that the dead end township road is on in front of my house
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top