Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 8:42:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Too much of it can really wreak havoc on waterways, since it is a nutrient, overgrowth of certain species of plant life and algae blooms. So I'm assuming their issue is runoff.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why are they pissed about nitrogen you know, the gas that naturally constitutes 78% of our atmosphere?

Too much of it can really wreak havoc on waterways, since it is a nutrient, overgrowth of certain species of plant life and algae blooms. So I'm assuming their issue is runoff.
That can be controlled with bioswales and larger vegetative strips in sensitive areas. Shutting down your food production is the plan of rank amateurs or evil psychopaths.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 8:43:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Why are we fucking with food production?
View Quote
We aren't, THEY are.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 8:44:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The green cult is retarded.

Our society cannot function / survive if we remove fossil fuels currently,, than destroying their economy to drop their pollution 1/10th a percent, which is effectively nothing at this point  
View Quote
They don't want our society to function.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 8:44:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We aren't, THEY are.
View Quote

Okay.   Totally believable.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 8:47:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What the hell is wrong with these people, Cuba, Russia and Venezuela tried Goverment farms and then there was famine.
WTF
View Quote

Why would you believe famine is not one of their goals?  Seriously.   At least consider the possibility that they either actually want to reduce the population, or they are just okay with famine as collateral damage in their pursuit of other goals.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 8:47:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I hope the farmers are planning
View Quote

According to Bandit 6, farmers are always planners.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 8:51:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The number is about 750 farms that wil be forces to close but they do get about 120-150% of their value as compensation. To be honest I myself would love my house to eminent domain'ed but I get that some people don't want that.

This is not about climate change but about nitrogen deposition in the surrounding area affecting protected nature reserves that we are treaty bound to protect.

View Quote

These two stick out.

The government forcing you to sell your house, which you probably have little history with, is a bit different than forced to sell your family farm that’s likely a generational farm, your family has farmed for quite possibly a few hundred years. You could easily run off and buy a new house with your proceeds, only slightly inconvenienced temporarily.  A slight profit can’t replace what’s lost when a generational family farm is stolen and what’s lost could never be replaced somewhere else with the shit amount of money government will pay when they steal it.

Secondly, they can reasonably limit those run offs, to reduce damage. Moving more production to China, which is already heavily damaging the planet, and oceans, probably more than 50% of the planet combined, only moves the damage to a different part of the planet, where it will be done on a massive scale, vs small % locally.

shoving pollution from your yard to your neighbors yard , like leaf burning a few times a year solves nothing,  when your neighbor is burning tires 24/7/365, except make you feel smug for your yard being slightly cleaner, while actually increasing pollution on a massive scale somewhere else, which still effects you all the same, even if it’s not obvious.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#8]
they should shut down all the tulip farms and say they complied.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#9]
being reliant on foreign oil worked out well,

i guess being reliant on foreign food will be ok
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 8:54:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The green cult is retarded.

Our society cannot function / survive if we remove fossil fuels currently,, than destroying their economy to drop their pollution 1/10th a percent, which is effectively nothing at this point  

True.

This is more about profit, greed, control, and a bond level villian scheme to depopulate the planet for personal gain than it’s about going “ green “ or saving the planet . Akin to a suburb dweller murdering everyone in their subdivision to have fewer people annoying them, and reducing their commute time to work, while claiming he killed them to help the planet, when it was purely for personal gain, or entertainment,  no different than the nazis did in WWII.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 8:55:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The government wants to nationalize farms. That's what environmentalism is all about. Communism. After all the private farms go under, the government buys it all up.
View Quote

Certainly, the .gov rip put those farms back in action when they start seeing food riots in the streets and the result will look a lot like when the natives took over South African farms.

Government never does anything better. I think this will be a great Character Building Exercise for their people.

Hope the farmers take as many JBT’s out as possible, hope their population starts having to wonder where their kid’s next meal is going to come from….. this isn’t a farmer problem, it isn’t a government problem…. It is the People’s problem and they need to put their government under heel and fix their own problems.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 8:55:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The number is about 750 farms that wil be forces to close but they do get about 120-150% of their value as compensation. To be honest I myself would love my house to eminent domain'ed but I get that some people don't want that.

This is not about climate change but about nitrogen deposition in the surrounding area affecting protected nature reserves that we are treaty bound to protect. We have some sandy land areas with poor soil that are home to certain species that dissapear if the soil gets better and that were the problem lies.

I myself say 'fuck it commies' but it is the law and the farms could tecnically stay IF they would be able to not have stuff land next to them but this is often cost prohibative. NL is a microscopic country with one of the highest population densities in Yurp and thus the wold but we are a large produce exporter due to high intensity of our farms. The govenment was fine and pro farmers UNTIL eviromental groups started a test case to forece the gov to act and they won

Like I said I would just say fuck that treaty bullshit but people get all senitive about that.

Shithead that did the test case

https://images0.persgroep.net/rcs/2n-u2MrR_f4bafsLaVCCBa8oLGc/diocontent/157021444/_fitwidth/763?appId=93a17a8fd81db0de025c8abd1cca1279&quality=0.8&desiredformat=webp

View Quote
Sorry, whomever is telling you it's about a treaty and not climate cultists is full of shit.

Last year, Netherlands failed at it's treaty for defense spending in NATO by about 0.55% GDP. Which is middle of the pack among other Yurp countries that failed to do this.  This is a MUCH BIGGER TREATY FAILURE and I betcha a warm beer that there is no push to fix that issue.

Also, I will be using "Yurp" in my vocabulary from now on.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 8:55:29 AM EDT
[#13]
This isn't a Dutch issue, or even an EU issue, it's an issue that would have a global impact...

How The Netherlands Has Become The World’s Second Largest Food Exporter
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 8:57:46 AM EDT
[#14]
But what about food?
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 8:57:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The farmers will do nothing.
View Quote

And if they don't I hope they starve.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 8:57:56 AM EDT
[#16]
The farmers have guns; they even had a tank and an armored vehicle at one point during some of their protests.

I thought (assumed?) there was a longish GD thread on it already, but I guess not.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 8:59:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Blood is a high nitrogen fertilizer.

There is some irony in there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Nitrogen Minister"?

Holy shit.
Blood is a high nitrogen fertilizer.

There is some irony in there.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:02:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Salt the fields.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:03:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Whats the difference between this and blacks forcibly removing white farmers from their farmer in South Africa, Zimbabwe etc?
View Quote
They wanted to own and profit from the farms. Not intentionally close them for good.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:04:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The farmers have guns; they even had a tank and an armored vehicle at one point during some of their protests.

I thought (assumed?) there was a longish GD thread on it already, but I guess not.
View Quote
It was mixed in with the Canadian Truckers thread I think. Or maybe the Michael Yon thread.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Sounds like their commie government   needs to bleed for those farms. Hope they resist.
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:08:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
We aren't, THEY are.
View Quote

I believe I read that the WEF says making fertilizer is not green so it’s gotta go.
Zee bugs are green though.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:09:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

You know why.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:09:35 AM EDT
[#24]
They are obviously acting against the interests of their people and have ill intent.

Even if you thought there was a environmental benefit to their plans, would right now be a good time to implement them?

No of course not, it's the exact opposite of what someone would do if they cared at all about the negative impacts of their actions.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:10:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hungry people are easier to control. The state is eliminating self-sufficient areas of food production.  2030 isn't gonna happen without a lot of economic and social chaos.

Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Their goal is population reduction.  They are pretty open about that.   It is bad optics to just kill a few hundred million people.   But, starve them to death...  well, a cooperative media can explain to the people that "they" are the only solution....
View Quote
Therein lies the problem.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:10:34 AM EDT
[#27]
@viralinsurgency
@aodefender
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:11:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What the hell is wrong with these people, Cuba, Russia and Venezuela tried Goverment farms and then there was famine.
WTF
View Quote
Not government farms.

No farms.  None.  Shutdown for the planet.

In Siri Lanka the WEF, through the IMF, forced the government to force the farmers to adopt "green" & "organic" farming and banned fertilizer.

Results?  Prices exploded.  Food shortages.  Unrest that became riots that became a mess insurrection that overthrew the government and the bought politicians fled.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:12:32 AM EDT
[#29]
They once ruled the world.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:14:01 AM EDT
[#30]
That website is on par with zero hedge.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:14:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Hope they starve and freeze to death.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:15:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
@viralinsurgency
@aodefender
View Quote

Thanks for the notice.

This is absurd.  Nitrogen.  That's the "reason" the EU gives to tell member countries to shut down farming.  It is so important we don't create nitrogen, it's worth shutting down farms, no matter that we are already in a food crisis worldwide.  This will make the crisis worse, guaranteed.

The families that have owned them for centuries will have their business and property forcibly confiscated, sometimes paid a fraction of the worth, never the actual value, nor future earnings.  Because nitrogen is super dangerous, right?

Wrong.  Nitrogen is the most abundant gas in the atmosphere. Air is composed of 78 percent nitrogen. Oxygen accounts for 21 percent, and the inert noble gas argon makes up 0.9 percent of the air. The remaining 0.1 percent consists of several trace gases.

And what is Netherlands gonna do with the land?  Build high rise condos, for the illegals streaming in, who don't speak the language and have no skills for the most part.  Yet they are pampered courtesy of taxpayers.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
WTF
View Quote

Because that's the reason it's being done.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:18:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
WTF
View Quote

*Laughs in German Megalomanic*
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:20:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Another WEF meeting, another move made towards genocide.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:25:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
“Nitrogen Minister”?

Holy shit.
View Quote

Lol, nitrogen minister Christianne van der Wal, is actually family connected to some fake meat company, so he will profit from this.

It was never about the Earth just power and wealth....

Like it has always been.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:25:57 AM EDT
[#37]
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62335287

Dutch government proposals for tackling nitrogen emissions indicate a radical cut in livestock - they estimate 11,200 farms will have to close and another 17,600 farmers will have to significantly reduce their livestock.
View Quote

Just asking nicely won't stop these genocidal bastards.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Bugs..

Plus the farmers will do nothing.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:34:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Have our globalist masters done a study to compare the nitrogen generation from the proposed insect farms to produce bug-burgers compared to the nitrogen level currently being produced to feed XXX amount of proles?

Didn't think so. Betcha the bug poop has way more nitrogen than animal poop. Unintended consequences?

Edit; What about the methane produced from all the bug farts? They need to study this too before shutting down farms.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This is not about climate change but about nitrogen deposition in the surrounding area affecting protected nature reserves that we are treaty bound to protect. We have some sandy land areas with poor soil that are home to certain species that dissapear if the soil gets better and that were the problem lies.

I myself say 'fuck it commies' but it is the law and the farms could tecnically stay IF they would be able to not have stuff land next to them but this is often cost prohibative. NL is a microscopic country with one of the highest population densities in Yurp and thus the wold but we are a large produce exporter due to high intensity of our farms. The govenment was fine and pro farmers UNTIL eviromental groups started a test case to forece the gov to act and they won

Like I said I would just say fuck that treaty bullshit but people get all senitive about that.

Shithead that did the test case

https://images0.persgroep.net/rcs/2n-u2MrR_f4bafsLaVCCBa8oLGc/diocontent/157021444/_fitwidth/763?appId=93a17a8fd81db0de025c8abd1cca1279&quality=0.8&desiredformat=webp

View Quote

How much nitrogen is being used? I know the east coast is having to use a lot, and other fertilizers, because the land has been farmed on for so long.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:37:58 AM EDT
[#42]
this is complete and total horseshit.

I am with Randal Carlson on the climate, those who say we are having a catastrophe can fuck right off
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Do they have the means to do something?  If all they have are single-shot shotguns and birdshot, yeah, that will not go well.
View Quote

Well, they're dumping loads of manure on city halls.  So, more than we are doing here.

They have huge protests with farm equipment shutting down roads, and cities even, so again, more than we do here.

It's their livelihood, their homes, often in the family for generations, so they are certainly at the point where they don't have much to lose.

Put a man against the wall... in a position where he's got nothing to lose, and he will ACT like he's got nothing to lose.

Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I just received something something demanding I lawfully answer questions about my small farm,..

You can probably guess who it is from based on this thread.
View Quote

The Dutch nitrogen minister???
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:43:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The government wants to nationalize farms. That's what environmentalism is all about. Communism Big Farma. After all the private farms go under, the government farming conglomerate that has 7 figure campaign contributions buys it all up.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:44:05 AM EDT
[#46]
"Sir, we are investigating the disappearance of over a dozen WEF agents. We noticed that you haven't bought any food for your pigs for a long time. Can you explain?"

Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:48:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Do they have the means to do something?  If all they have are single-shot shotguns and birdshot, yeah, that will not go well.
View Quote

I wonder if the members of the Dutch government have considered the pollutant effects of their living room catching fire...in Minecraft.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#48]
I have a feeling in the next few years we're going to hear about food shortages and starving people in the EU.

Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Werewolf caches
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#50]
This is a country that is beyond saving politically. Their moral compass is so off Johnny Depp could use it.

Oh well.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top