BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:21:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
lol, at some of the butthurt responses

some people are born to party, some people are born to complain about others partying.  tis life
View Quote

These are probably the same people that think sitting some random leftist down and explaining the constitution to them, or take them shooting, will magically turn them into productive citizens not hell bent on slitting their political opponents throats.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:24:16 AM EDT
[#2]
"In this era of anger and outrage, where people lash out at society by shooting up schools and concerts, one man just wanted to do a barrel roll."

RIP Sky King.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:24:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:32:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:40:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Suicidal thief.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:47:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
He did stuff with that plane that nobody has ever done and all with no training.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Yeah, This is amazing to some people, but the very first thing they teach you in training, is Don’t crash.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:49:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/raw-355.gif

Yeah, This is amazing to some people, but the very first thing they teach you in training, is Don’t crash.
View Quote

I thought the first thing taught was how expensive it all was going to be as you sign your savings away for that first lesson?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:53:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Fucking legend.  Get off your high horses; nobody cares.
View Quote

I wish all the losers who look up to him, can realize the irony that he could have easily been hired as a professional pilot.   It’s easier today, than it’s ever been in history.  

Money fo’ nuthin, chicks for free.  

But instead, he killed himself like a little bitch.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:20:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
lol, at some of the butthurt responses

some people are born to party, some people are born to complain about others partying.  tis life
View Quote

Interesting comment.   How is suicide analogous to partying?    
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 4:35:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well, I am sure out of touch.
I hear Sky King and I think of Penny and the gang
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/39/e9/9b/39e99bf79e04707a3ab9f85f9051a8b8.jpg
View Quote

Me too. Disappointing, I thought there was going to be a new series (although this time, woke, with all females).
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 5:39:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I wish all the losers who look up to him, can realize the irony that he could have easily been hired as a professional pilot.   It’s easier today, than it’s ever been in history.  

View Quote

Nah. He’s just a white guy.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 6:07:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Sometimes the world needs an anti-hero.

I don’t agree with what he did, but I understand and empathize with why he did it, and he hurt no one else on the way out. There but for the grace of God go all of us.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 6:51:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

In a strange way, yes. This. Agree.
View Quote
There is something about this story that makes me not hate this guy.

Logically there is a lot to hate about his actions, but for some reason I can't bring myself to hate the person.

Maybe it's just because he didn't hurt anyone else and he had lots of opportunity.  Dealing with the mental issues he had and still not trying to hurt anyone means there must have been a decent human in there somewhere.  

At least that's my impression from what I know. It's not like any if us knew him personally.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 6:55:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m not sure if “easily” is exactly the right word.  To get on with an airline in 2018 he would’ve needed a college degree, 1500 hours of PIC time, and $60k+ in ratings.  Pretty easy if he had all of that though.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 7:29:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

There has never been a better time to be a professional pilot, that’s for sure. The chief at my last shop positively hates it. Stuck in the ‘80s.

As for the guys idolizing that asshole, not sure what to say other than that they’re broken. If that drama queen had any morals/ethics/character he would have gone out into the woods and suck started a pistol as was suggested. He’s no loss to society.  What’s also interesting is that some on this board are now okay with destroying other peoples’ property because it’s insured. That’s the commie/antifa excuse. Extra fuck that. This thread proves that this board shifts further left every year.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 7:32:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Thief
Loser
Idiot.
View Quote

I wonder what his screen name was?

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 7:45:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I wonder what his screen name was?

View Quote

This. Which GD poster has been missing since this incident?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 8:03:54 AM EDT
[#19]
But why?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fucking legend.  Get off your high horses; nobody cares.

You have sure been grumpy for a while.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 8:18:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

But is he wrong?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 8:34:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

But is he wrong?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But is he wrong?

About becoming a pilot? I don’t know, but probably not. He knows more about that than me so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

About fellow members looking up to this guy? Yeah, I say that’s wrong. I don’t think anyone here is looking up to, idolizing or planning to imitate him. But what he did obviously struck a chord on some level with a lot of people. Does that make them loosers? No.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 8:41:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

About becoming a pilot? I don’t know, but probably not. He knows more about that than me so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

About fellow members looking up to this guy? Yeah, I say that’s wrong. I don’t think anyone here is looking up to, idolizing or planning to imitate him. But what he did obviously struck a chord on some level with a lot of people. Does that make them loosers? No.
View Quote

Perhaps empathizing with his lot in life due to his continued poor decisions is one thing but cheering or condoning him for stealing and destroying property is another. We’ve already had one poster excusing it as acceptable because the property was insured.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

There has never been a better time to be a professional pilot, that’s for sure. The chief at my last shop positively hates it. Stuck in the ‘80s.

As for the guys idolizing that asshole, not sure what to say other than that they’re broken. If that drama queen had any morals/ethics/character he would have gone out into the woods and suck started a pistol as was suggested. He’s no loss to society.  What’s also interesting is that some on this board are now okay with destroying other peoples’ property because it’s insured. That’s the commie/antifa excuse. Extra fuck that. This thread proves that this board shifts further left every year.
View Quote

I don’t think anyone is idolizing him.

More or less we’ve reached a point in society where a lot of folks can empathize with someone who wants to exit stage left, and wants to have a little fun in the process.

That’s not an endorsement of what he did, or a condoning of suicide.

I think anyone who just sees him as an asshole and nothing more lacks a bit of humanity and empathy. Yeah he was an asshole for what he did, to his wife, family, to the aircraft owners, controllers, etc, but that doesn’t mean you can’t empathize to a degree with the pain and brokenness that drove him to the point.

Knee jerk reacting to that empathy with “leftists!” points either to a lack of empathy or a person a little too guarded about their own humanity.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 8:58:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Just because a text pilot could roll a 747, doesn't mean anyone should. Flying does not long suffer those who stray from safe operation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He did stuff with that plane that nobody has ever done and all with no training.

Just because a text pilot could roll a 747, doesn't mean anyone should. Flying does not long suffer those who stray from safe operation.

What would be unsafe about barrel rolling a 747?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 8:58:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

After you die, no one will ever remember you for you will have done nothing.

He will live forever in the minds of others.

Maybe he's not the waste of space you think he is. Maybe... it's you.
View Quote

This is the same mentality as people who shoot up elementary schools.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 9:02:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Perhaps empathizing with his lot in life due to his continued poor decisions is one thing but cheering or condoning him for stealing and destroying property is another. We’ve already had one poster excusing it as acceptable because the property was insured.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You see people literally cheering him?

The only guy who mentioned insurance also explicitly said he doesn’t condone the act. He was just pointing out that the loss of the physical asset wasn’t a particularly big loss for any of the parties involved.

I think you are reading way too much into replies here.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 9:15:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

He had decided he didn’t want to live anymore.  

How would becoming a wage slave, sky bus driver change that?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 9:25:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Depression is a hell of a powerful thing, often flies under the radar like it did with him. RIP Skyking.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#30]
That was a crazy evening...he came over us...then the fighters showed up...local news was going nuts..then crashed just south of the narrows bridge Ketron Island..which few people live on.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:00:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
He stole and destroyed an airplane.  It wasn't his to take, it was private property which belonged to someone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After you die, no one will ever remember you for you will have done nothing.

He will live forever in the minds of others.

Maybe he's not the waste of space you think he is. Maybe... it's you.
He stole and destroyed an airplane.  It wasn't his to take, it was private property which belonged to someone.

it's odd to get so bent out of shape when this rando does it in a glorious way but when your government does it every 2 weeks nobody bats an eye
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:02:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The only guy who mentioned insurance also explicitly said he doesn’t condone the act. He was just pointing out that the loss of the physical asset wasn’t a particularly big loss for any of the parties involved.

View Quote

I think the ‘RIP SkyKing’  replies speak for themselves.

And this oxygen thief wasn’t the first to ruin property on their way out.

There was

SkyWest murder/suicide No one cheers this guy.

To say nothing of the assholes who took people with them like EgyptAir 990 and Germanwings 9525. Obviously the 9/11 terrorists.  Also no one gives a shit about his suicide. Lots of people do that and aren’t drama queens and destroy other peoples’ property. If this guy blew his brains out no one would know about him or care about his perceived problems. People only care that he did it spectacularly.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
That was a crazy evening...he came over us...then the fighters showed up...local news was going nuts..then crashed just south of the narrows bridge Ketron Island..which few people live on.
View Quote

It was wild to see! He flew over top of me with fighter jets in tow, super low. I'm about a mile from Titlow Beach. He was doing the barrel roll just minutes after I had seen him.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:24:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Even very large airliners and transport category airplanes can be "stolen" if you know what you're doing. Get in it and firing it up isn't that complicated.
I've always wondered why this doesn't happen very often.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are we talking about an actual barrel roll, or an aileron roll?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:09:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess I was thinking of an aileron roll. I didn’t realize there was a difference. Learned something new today.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

All Tex wanted to do was a barrel roll too, but that was a 707.

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:14:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yes. But........it struck a chord with some of us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Suicidal thief.

Yes. But........it struck a chord with some of us.

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:31:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depression can effect all walks of life, no doubt.   But things are better all around when you aren’t poor.   Money can’t buy happiness, but poverty buys a whole shitload of misery.  

Money can fix lots of problems.  For example, He could have moved from Seattle.    
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#40]
We’re the F-15’s going to shoot him down?

Maybe if he was going to fly over populated areas they had shoot orders.

If I was Trump, I would have told him I’ll pardon him and send him to the Air Force Academy.

It’s a great place to teach discipline for those who break the rules.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s part of the irony. And the tragedy.     A lot of young guys today, get their worldview from Memes.   They aren’t interested in the big picture.    The big airlines, did indeed discriminate against White guys, but the Regional airlines, like Horizon, never did.   They were happy to hire white guys, (because they are more likely to be trapped at that level due to Affirmative Action hiring at the next level).   The regional pilot job, is a damned good job, even if you never make it to the legacy airlines.      

Today, even regular civilian white guys are getting hired into the majors, because of supply and demand.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

There was

To say nothing of the assholes who took people with them like EgyptAir 990 and Germanwings 9525. Obviously the 9/11 terrorists.  Also no one gives a shit about his suicide. Lots of people do that and aren’t drama queens and destroy other peoples’ property. If this guy blew his brains out no one would know about him or care about his perceived problems. People only care that he did it spectacularly.
View Quote

You really can’t recognize the difference between the murdering assholes in the instances you mentioned and a guy who went out of his way to not to physically harm anyone but himself?

At this point you are being purposely obtuse.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:48:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Depression can effect all walks of life, no doubt.   But things are better all around when you aren’t poor.   Money can’t buy happiness, but poverty buys a whole shitload of misery.  

View Quote

Yeah, because rich people never have mental health problems.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:53:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Re-Read the first Line?    

What’s up dude?    You used to be able to read and comprehend as well as anyone.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:02:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You really can’t recognize the difference between the murdering assholes in the instances you mentioned and a guy who went out of his way to not to physically harm anyone but himself?

At this point you are being purposely obtuse.
View Quote

He didn’t go out of his way to avoid harming anyone. He purposefully crashed a multi-ton airplane that he *stole* (can’t be said enough) into an inhabited island. I’m not obtuse and I lost zero sleep over his mental illness and his decision to checkout. But he could have chosen numerous ways to go that wouldn’t have even made the local news.
But he was a drama queen faggot thief so he was incapable of doing something like that without getting attention so we get to talk about it for years. I’m glad he’s dead and I’m only sad that it didn’t hurt.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:08:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

He didn’t go out of his way to avoid harming anyone. He purposefully crashed a multi-ton airplane that he *stole* (can’t be said enough) into an inhabited island. I’m not obtuse and I lost zero sleep over his mental illness and his decision to checkout. But he could have chosen numerous ways to go that wouldn’t have even made the local news.
But he was a drama queen faggot thief so he was incapable of doing something like that without getting attention so we get to talk about it for years. I’m glad he’s dead and I’m only sad that it didn’t hurt.
View Quote

Maybe that’s why we see it differently… I don’t think he did it for the attention or the fame, that was just a byproduct. I think it was just one last joyride, simple as that.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:21:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Maybe that’s why we see it differently… I don’t think he did it for the attention or the fame, that was just a byproduct. I think it was just one last joyride, simple as that.  
View Quote

Nah.

If he wanted to steal an airplane and end himself ‘quietly’ somehow he didn’t have to key up and start talking to ATC. If in his mind the only way to end whatever he was dealing with was to crash an airplane he could have taken off as he did and flown 50 or 100 miles offshore and done it before anyone had much idea that of what was happening. But drama queens will drama.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:31:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s empathy for a guy so troubled and broken that he decided checking out was his best option. It’s one of those “I can’t condone this, but I understand it” moments.

There was

To say nothing of the assholes who took people with them like EgyptAir 990 and Germanwings 9525. Obviously the 9/11 terrorists.  

How do any of those incidents compare to someone who obviously went out of his way deliberately not harm/involve anyone else in his final act?

Also no one gives a shit about his suicide. Lots of people do that and aren’t drama queens and destroy other peoples’ property. If this guy blew his brains out no one would know about him or care about his perceived problems. People only care that he did it spectacularly.

And? So what?

I think there is a small part of a lot of people that envy the sense of freedom he must have felt and experienced during that flight.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:49:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That’s empathy for a guy so troubled and broken that he decided checking out was his best option. It’s one of those “I can’t condone this, but I understand it” moments.

How do any of those incidents compare to someone who obviously went out of his way deliberately not harm/involve anyone else in his final act?

And? So what?

I think there is a small part of a lot of people that envy the sense of freedom he must have felt and experienced during that flight.
View Quote

Very obviously he involved dozens of people directly and millions of people indirectly. He could have cut his wrist or hanged himself or blown his brains out if he didn't want to involve many others. But again drama queen faggot. Look at me!
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:50:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Nah.

If he wanted to steal an airplane and end himself ‘quietly’ somehow he didn’t have to key up and start talking to ATC. If in his mind the only way to end whatever he was dealing with was to crash an airplane he could have taken off as he did and flown 50 or 100 miles offshore and done it before anyone had much idea that of what was happening. But drama queens will drama.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah.

He was giving the ATC a heads up about what he going to do so as to avoid potential involvement of other aircraft. Another example his efforts to not involve innocent bystanders in his action.

If he wanted attention, he would have been livestreaming his flight.

Right or wrong, dude just had enough and went out on his own terms.

I don’t get why some of you are so emotional about it.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top