Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 202
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Whatever one thinks of Hamilton he has shown no issues at all with highly competitive teammates. Bottas was probably the weakest. He was unmoved by Alonso, and Rosberg, and it's quite apparent those relationships were strained. Russell is excellent and Hamilton just gets on with it.

He's going to Ferrari against Leclerc (held his own against Seb) with no qualms. He's a true sportsman in that respect.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Esterhase:
Whatever one thinks of Hamilton he has shown no issues at all with highly competitive teammates. Bottas was probably the weakest. He was unmoved by Alonso, and Rosberg, and it's quite apparent those relationships were strained. Russell is excellent and Hamilton just gets on with it.

He's going to Ferrari against Leclerc (held his own against Seb) with no qualms. He's a true sportsman in that respect.
View Quote

Ya....we'll see what the reality is with Ferrari.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 4:31:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#3]
the cars have improved so much. its crazy - we will see (prolly only next saturday) if the Rb19-20 had the same margin for progression

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 5:56:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DCV_117:
Great photos at the link below from day 2 of testing.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/fotos-f1-test-bahrain-2024-tag-2-highlights-bilder/
View Quote

Photos 84-93 are really great.  Very nice comparison of each car from the rear.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DCV_117:
Great photos at the link below from day 2 of testing.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/fotos-f1-test-bahrain-2024-tag-2-highlights-bilder/
View Quote

Truly amazing the amount of aero complexity and refinement in these cars. Aerodynamically busy is about the only way to describe them!
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 6:59:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#8]
Originally Posted By Tobysi:

View Quote

wasnt this said last night?

did you watch the tests today ?

testing today dont make me doubt that RB20 is still the car to beat, but instead of scaring me, it gave me some hope.

forget about the fastest lap. but looking at the long runs, the SF-24 doesnt seem to have its older sister fatal flaw... aka tire deg..

C2 is going to be the medium/yellow next week...

same with C1, no deg

the SF-23 was fast but could never even dream of such constant pace
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Shung:

wasnt this said last night?

did you watch the tests today ?

testing today dont make me doubt that RB20 is still the car to beat, but instead of scaring me, it gave me some hope.

forget about the fastest lap. but looking at the long runs, the SF-24 doesnt seem to have its older sister fatal flaw... aka tire deg..

https://i23.servimg.com/u/f23/11/94/71/06/image_12.png

C2 is going to be the medium/yellow next week...
View Quote

No those were posted today. Feb 22nd.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 7:13:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#10]
Originally Posted By Tobysi:

No those were posted today. Feb 22nd.
View Quote

posted yes, but said when ? to me it seems things that people said this morning after 1 day of testing before the tests today

not to mention that Perez had several reliability things today.

oh well, lets see what happens next saturday
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 7:49:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Shung you literally can't make any assumptions with Perez in the car.  It has been shown time and time again he's a mediocre driver in a very fast car.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By poison123:
Shung you literally can't make any assumptions with Perez in the car.  It has been shown time and time again he's a mediocre driver in a very fast car.
View Quote

This isn’t what I am doing at all.  I’m looking at the SF-24 race pace and (no) tire deg compared to the sf-23 race pace and the ver RB-19 race pace from last year.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:02:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RRA_223] [#13]
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

I haven't looked at the stats but I would guess Checo and Bottas compare fairly closely in percentage of poles and wins.
View Quote

Checo has 5 wins, 3 poles and 25 podiums in his best three years with RBR (out of 66 races) - call it a 7.6% win percentage.

Bottas ran with Merc for 5 years.   He best three average was 9 wins, 14 poles and 39 podiums (out of 58 races).   His overall win rate over the 5 years at Mercedes was 10 wins in 101 races, or an even 10%.

Bottas was clearly a superior wingman and a more competitive team mate overall (though he had two shit years).  

Max has a 37% win rate and poled 22% of the time with Red Bull (full seasons).   Lewis was winning almost one of every two races (46%) from 2013 to 2021 - and he only won once in the first season.

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By RRA_223:

Checo has 5 wins, 3 poles and 25 podiums in his best three years with RBR (out of 66 races) - call it a 7.6% win percentage.

Bottas ran with Merc for 5 years.   He best three average was 9 wins, 14 poles and 39 podiums (out of 58 races).   His overall win rate over the 5 years at Mercedes was 10 wins in 101 races, or an even 10%.

Bottas was clearly a superior wingman and a more competitive team mate overall (though he had two shit years).  

Max has a 37% win rate and poled 22% of the time with Red Bull (full seasons).   Lewis was winning almost one of every two races (46%) from 2013 to 2021 - and he only won once in the first season.

View Quote

Yeah. But as Alonso once said he once finished 2nd in a two cars championship
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 1:10:23 AM EDT
[#15]

This isn’t what I am doing at all.  I’m looking at the SF-24 race pace and (no) tire deg compared to the sf-23 race pace and the ver RB-19 race pace from last year.
View Quote

It’s good if Ferrari has finally fixed their tire deg issue, but other than that, comparing the SF-24 pace to the RB-19 doesn’t mean much (unless you’re comparing it to the VCARB car, which is the RB-19).  What matters is the pace to the RB-20.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 7:39:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#16]
Originally Posted By willi3d:

It’s good if Ferrari has finally fixed their tire deg issue, but other than that, comparing the SF-24 pace to the RB-19 doesn’t mean much (unless you’re comparing it to the VCARB car, which is the RB-19).  What matters is the pace to the RB-20.
View Quote

Well it shows the progression.

This afternoon with leclerc and Verstappen on track we will have more clues, but no evidence.

But if Verstappen being ahead on Monday was enough to say it’s over then w hat has yet happened in d2 and d3 is equally as relevant
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#17]
What is it with Ferrari and drain covers?  Do they have a secret drain cover magnet under their floor?  They must have have some weird underbody aerodynamics that sucks up covers.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:17:42 AM EDT
[#18]
What is it with Ferrari and drain covers?  Do they have a secret drain cover magnet under their floor?  They must have have some weird underbody aerodynamics that sucks up covers.
View Quote

One was removed by Pérez
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:19:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#19]
Leclerc race pace in C2 is impressive so far

Mmmmm just raised a little bit

35.8 - 36.2 in that bracket for many many laps
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Red Bull and Verstappen hiding for sure right now
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Red Bull and Verstappen hiding for sure right now
View Quote

Hiding what? Not sure what you mean?
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By chaas67:

View Quote

All of the top teams are hiding the true pace that their cars are capable of.  In other words, sandbagging.  In some cases, it’s just working through their testing programs building up to their true fastest pace.  In other cases, it’s playing head games with other teams.  Usually a combination of both.  Won’t see where they really are until the first race.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:50:32 AM EDT
[#23]
F1TV is showing use of the C5. Is that correct?
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:52:14 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Not being on track with the same tires/fuel loads to not show what they have
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:53:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By fike:
View Quote

C5 was used by leclerc to make fastest lap way earlier in the day
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:56:10 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Kind of a strange choice for this track.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#27]

All of the top teams are hiding the true pace that their cars are capable of.  In other words, sandbagging.  In some cases, it’s just working through their testing programs building up to their true fastest pace.  In other cases, it’s playing head games with other teams.  Usually a combination of both.  Won’t see where they really are until the first race.
View Quote

Got it - assumed that’s what was meant. Since I’m not watching it, i thought there might be some drama brewing 😬
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Not being on track with the same tires/fuel loads to not show what they have
View Quote

👍
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:25:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Kind of a strange choice for this track.
View Quote

Yes. It’s very abrasive. C4 was arguably faster.

Maybe another way to hide stuff
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Verstappen didn’t complete his race pace sim because of technical issues apparently
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 3:07:01 PM EDT
[#31]
I’m really glad they replaced Will Buxton with Danica Patrick for this season of DTS.

Link Posted: 2/23/2024 3:11:36 PM EDT
[#32]
I’m really glad they replaced Will Buxton with Danica Patrick for this season of DTS.

View Quote

wut
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 3:16:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chaas67] [#33]

View Quote

I guess the latest season just released on Netflix?

Based on your comment, i won’t be watching it after all.

It’s one of the reasons I have a F1TV subscription.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 3:24:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#34]

View All Quotes

Released today. Danica doesn’t show up a lot, but it’s a couple of times per episode as a “talking head”. Buxton is still doing it as well.

Honestly, the first episode sucks as it is all about the Strolls. I’m watching the Mercedes episode now and it’s actually decent/interesting.

ETA: Ehhh….skip it. It sucks.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#35]

Released today. Danica doesn’t show up a lot, but it’s a couple of times per episode as a “talking head”. Buxton is still doing it as well.

Honestly, the first episode sucks as it is all about the Strolls. I’m watching the Mercedes episode now and it’s actually decent/interesting.

ETA: Ehhh….skip it. It sucks.
View Quote

Hearing that Lewis threw the Engineering Department under the bus at Merc.  I get the feeling there is going to be a epic amount of bad blood between him and Merc for this season.  Toto should just tell him to fuck off and put in Mic for the season.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 6:09:47 PM EDT
[#36]

Hearing that Lewis threw the Engineering Department under the bus at Merc.  I get the feeling there is going to be a epic amount of bad blood between him and Merc for this season.  Toto should just tell him to fuck off and put in Mic for the season.
View Quote

I suspect “you guys didn’t listen to me” is a big part of him going to Ferrari.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#37]
They make DeVries seem like a serial killer between the neurotically clean apartment and commentary  
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 6:50:09 PM EDT
[#38]

I suspect "you guys didn't listen to me" is a big part of him going to Ferrari.
View Quote
If that's the case, damn, he's in for a surprise.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
If that's the case, damn, he's in for a surprise.
View Quote

Come on man he's totally gonna change Ferrari from the ground up.  He's gonna bring DEI up in that Italian bitch!
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Busted_Flush:
They make DeVries seem like a serial killer between the neurotically clean apartment and commentary  
View Quote

I found him queer as a $3 bill.

Him and his twink friend driving around in that Mini Moke, and  at that skeet shoot. Ha GAAAAAAAAAY

Also fuck the Horndog for his mint Series I.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote
"Lewis, we know the car is terrible, LOL fuck you, now STFU and drive it 'cause we DGAF"
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:05:54 PM EDT
[#42]
SURVEY CLOSES THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 29TH AT 0600 EST!!!! We have 63 people signed up so far, lets try to break 100!

CLICK HERE FOR THE 2024 ARFCOM FORMULA 1 PREDICTION SURVEY
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:52:25 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if RUS gets preferential treatment during the course of the year.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 10:49:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#44]
Originally Posted By TarawaS2000:

Him and his twink friend driving around in that Mini Moke, and  at that skeet shoot. Ha GAAAAAAAAAY

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TarawaS2000:
Originally Posted By Busted_Flush:

Most of the high ranking F1 circus (quietly) have some nice toys.

Here is one of Newey’s rust buckets.

Link Posted: 2/24/2024 12:50:43 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Did he ever…

There’s going to be some interesting leaks coming out of the Merc garage this year.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 12:55:25 AM EDT
[#46]

Hearing that Lewis threw the Engineering Department under the bus at Merc.  I get the feeling there is going to be an epic amount of bad blood between him and Merc for this season.  Toto should just tell him to fuck off and put in Mic for the season.
View Quote

If HAM is angling for an out then why doesn’t he just pay for the out.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 8:29:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Two things

1) i saw an Alonso quote that said 19 drivers just realized they aren’t winning the championship this year

2) why in the ever living fuck did they put Danica in DTS? It immediately made the entire thing worse
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 9:25:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By GeneralDisaray:
Two things

1) i saw an Alonso quote that said 19 drivers just realized they aren’t winning the championship this year

2) why in the ever living fuck did they put Danica in DTS? It immediately made the entire thing worse
View Quote

I think it’s way too early for anyone to give the season to RB/Max. Lot of unknowns and alot of racing to be done.

As for Danica, American marketing sucks. I would love to have seen Laura Winter in DTS!

Link Posted: 2/24/2024 9:38:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By GeneralDisaray:
Two things

View Quote

Buxton is probably too busy doing production work on DTS to do the scripted commentary shots.

So, he can hire someone to do that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 10:28:03 AM EDT
[#50]

I think it’s way too early for anyone to give the season to RB/Max. Lot of unknowns and alot of racing to be done.

As for Danica, American marketing sucks. I would love to have seen Laura Winter in DTS!

View Quote

True on both points. I think the rest of the field will make it harder on RB this year, any mistakes will have a higher chance of being exposed and capitalized on.

What I’ve generally liked about the female F1TV/sky sports presenters is that they seem as a group to be dedicated professional journalists with a sporting background.
Page / 202
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top