Site Notices
Page / 202
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

Shung: "See!  That proves the fix is in!"
View Quote

the funny thing is that you to have to make up things I never said to even try to have a point LoL
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 6:50:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#2]
Originally Posted By willi3d:
How is it we’re 5 at hours after qualifying and haven’t yet seen a video from an Italian YouTuber showing graphs and spreadsheets that prove Ferrari is going to win?
View Quote

prolly because not a single one said so?

dude, its not going to happen, but if a ferrari wins tomorrow i'm gonna trash talk you for a whole year

ps: talking about telemetry.. it shows that Leclerc lost the pole thanks of the tow max got and prolly a small mistake he made in T3..  but the pole certainly was possible.

Ok, I found the right image. the speed difference because of the tow is pretty obvious here, especially if you compare it to the 2 other straights. Leclerc seems to keep more speed in the fast corners, which is remarkable compared to the SF-23

the delta created at the 1st corner was .365 .. Charles brought it back to .228 in the end, so he was indeed faster the rest of the lap (almost full lap) despite his mistake at turn 6.

considering they were .8 last year.... its an improvement.

that being said, to be honest Ferrari fucked up (AGAIN) by wasting a set of tires in Q1, so that Leclerc only had one set of new in Q3...
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 6:56:52 PM EDT
[#3]
anyone betting a DRS train tomorrow ?
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Shung:
anyone betting a DRS train tomorrow ?
View Quote

Available after lap 1. Should help keep racing closer.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 7:34:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MikeJGA] [#5]
Originally Posted By Weirding_Module:

I'll give you that one. Charles is just so damn impressive in Qualifying. If they really did deal with the deg issues, gonna be an actual fun and competitive year. As much of a RBR fan I am, hope both Ferrari drivers consistently smoke Checo.  /shrug. Am I a bad fan?
View Quote

Why the hatred for Checo?  He does exactly what he is paid to do.  He come in second in the championship without challenging  Max.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 7:55:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Weirding_Module] [#6]
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:

Why the hatred for Checo?  He does exactly what he is paid to do.  He come in second in the championship without challenging  Max.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'll give you that one. Charles is just so damn impressive in Qualifying. If they really did deal with the deg issues, gonna be an actual fun and competitive year. As much of a RBR fan I am, hope both Ferrari drivers consistently smoke Checo.  /shrug. Am I a bad fan?

Yeah, that's not by choice. That's just how much better Max is. In that car, not being in Q3 and top 4 EVERY race was a disgrace. Checo seems a good dude, but has on numerous occasions proved that he is NOT really a selfless teammate so many seem to think he is. *not that there's anything wrong with that*.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 8:17:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spyk3] [#7]
I'm just gonna wait for tomorrow, and see what shung excuse is.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 8:24:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Yeah, that's not by choice. That's just how much better Max is. In that car, not being in Q3 and top 4 EVERY race was a disgrace. Checo seems a good dude, but has on numerous occasions proved that he is NOT really a selfless teammate so many seem to think he is. *not that there's anything wrong with that*.
View Quote

During qualifying they mentioned Checo set a record in 2023 for the number of times he missed Q3 in a championship winning car. If the title fight is close he’s a potential liability.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 8:26:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#9]
Originally Posted By spyk3:
View Quote

why do you see 'excuses' when there are none ?

RB20 has apparently the best race pace and will win. SF-24, without the tow could have gotten the pole. simple facts
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh, lol…I just had a moment of clarity and realized what Lewis has planned while he is at Ferrari.

How do you say “not that there is anything wrong with that” in Italian?
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:06:36 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Hating Checo is the Arf F1 thread pastime
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By fike:
Oh, lol…I just had a moment of clarity and realized what Lewis has planned while he is at Ferrari.

How do you say “not that there is anything wrong with that” in Italian?
View Quote

Does it involve Shadow_Dancer?….not that there is anything wrong with that…of course.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:01:44 PM EDT
[#13]

prolly because not a single one said so?

dude, its not going to happen, but if a ferrari wins tomorrow i'm gonna trash talk you for a whole year

ps: talking about telemetry.. it shows that Leclerc lost the pole thanks of the tow max got and prolly a small mistake he made in T3..  but the pole certainly was possible.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/146967/towmax2-3146287.png

Ok, I found the right image. the speed difference because of the tow is pretty obvious here, especially if you compare it to the 2 other straights. Leclerc seems to keep more speed in the fast corners, which is remarkable compared to the SF-23

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/146967/delta-3146294.png

the delta created at the 1st corner was .365 .. Charles brought it back to .228 in the end, so he was indeed faster the rest of the lap (almost full lap) despite his mistake at turn 6.

considering they were .8 last year.... its an improvement.

that being said, to be honest Ferrari fucked up (AGAIN) by wasting a set of tires in Q1, so that Leclerc only had one set of new in Q3...
View Quote

I don’t think Ferrari is going to win.  Historically, you’re the one posting videos and graphs proporting to show that Ferrari is better than everyone else thinks they are.  Finally given up the dream?
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:10:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mars87] [#14]
I avoided the spoilers all day as I was busy and just now watched qualifying. Fingers crossed the race pace is close like the one lap pace. Lap two DRS is going to be intense I think.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:58:03 PM EDT
[#15]

the funny thing is that you to have to make up things I never said to even try to have a point LoL
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

Shung: "See!  That proves the fix is in!"

I get part of my jollies in this thread by getting a rise out of you.  I think you secretly love it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:50:21 AM EDT
[#16]

RB20 has apparently the best race pace and will win. SF-24, without the tow could have gotten the pole. simple facts
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spyk3:

Because you always have a conspiracy about how Ferrari was put down.

It's been this way since 2019.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:34:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 2:16:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By D_J:
Let’s not make this personal.
View Quote

Fair enough. Just giving Shung some guff, in good fun.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:06:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#19]
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

Because you always have a conspiracy about how Ferrari was put down.

It's been this way since 2019.
View Quote

I certainly have my theories. What happened to the F1-75, which was a winning car, after the TD-39, is not a conspiracy, for example.

I also remember what happened to Ferrari PU after they found something that initially passed all the tests, but somehow wasn’t ok. The car also was a winning car then suddenly became crap.

These are a few examples.

One tends to get ‘nervous’ when it always goes one way

But regarding today I didn’t blame anyone. I just tried to illustrate that contrary to last year, Charles prolly had the faster car for the qual.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:32:57 AM EDT
[#20]

I certainly have my theories. What happened to the F1-75, which was a winning car, after the TD-39, is not a conspiracy, for example.

I also remember what happened to Ferrari PU after they found something that initially passed all the tests, but somehow wasn’t ok. The car also was a winning car then suddenly became crap.

These are a few examples.

One tends to get ‘nervous’ when it always goes one way

But regarding today I didn’t blame anyone. I just tried to illustrate that contrary to last year, Charles prolly had the faster car for the qual.
View Quote

Except it doesn’t make any sense for F1 to abuse them.  Ferrari probably makes F1 twice as much money as any other 3 teams combined. If they are going to do anything sketchy, it’s more likely to be favoritism. It is more reasonable to suspect that Ferrari was caught cheating like crazy, and F1 gave them a hush-hush “just stop” back room deal rather than disqualifying them for the season. Especially since they were so vague on details.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:31:06 AM EDT
[#21]
F1 Grand Prix Saturday on ESPN  
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:57:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Looking forward to seeing another season of Hammy winning -jack shit-
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:01:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#24]
Originally Posted By NoStockBikes:

Except it doesn’t make any sense for F1 to abuse them.  Ferrari probably makes F1 twice as much money as any other 3 teams combined. If they are going to do anything sketchy, it’s more likely to be favoritism. It is more reasonable to suspect that Ferrari was caught cheating like crazy, and F1 gave them a hush-hush “just stop” back room deal rather than disqualifying them for the season. Especially since they were so vague on details.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NoStockBikes:

Wait a minute. isnt formula 1 the game of passing the tests that regulation put in place, and everything else is good to go ?

isnt that the whole F1 game ? I've been repeatedly told so when other did it.

I remember other teams that found a way to go around regulatiosn and the only thing that ever happened was 'well, this is against the spirit of the rule, so next year it will be specifically banned, but for this year, just enjoy it!'

Except it doesn’t make any sense for F1 to abuse them.  Ferrari probably makes F1 twice as much money as any other 3 teams combined

this has nothing to do with it. Ferrari is making that money, because they are bringing in that money, compared to other teams, that come and go from the circus.. look at any track worldwide, and see who draws the crowds in. This is also prolly why ferrari is taking the sporty abuse, because financially its THAT profitable, no matter what
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:01:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Why would you watch ESPN when F1TV is so cheap?
Don't they run commercials?
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#26]

Wait a minute. isnt formula 1 the game of passing the tests that regulation put in place, and everything else is good to go ?

isnt that the whole F1 game ? I've been repeatedly told so when other did it.

I remember other teams that found a way to go around regulatiosn and the only thing that ever happened was 'well, this is against the spirit of the rule, so next year it will be specifically banned, but for this year, just enjoy it!'

this has nothing to do with it. Ferrari is making that money, because they are bringing in that money, compared to other teams, that come and go from the circus.. look at any track worldwide, and see who draws the crowds in. This is also prolly why ferrari is taking the sporty abuse, because financially its THAT profitable, no matter what
View Quote

Except...on the engine backroom deal....it was obvious they were bypassing the sensors.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:08:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Busted_Flush] [#27]
Originally Posted By Janus:
Why would you watch ESPN when F1TV is so cheap?
Don't they run commercials?
View Quote

They do during qualifying , races are commercial free.

The problem is the commentary.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:16:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#28]
Originally Posted By poison123:

Except...on the engine backroom deal....it was obvious they were bypassing the sensors.
View Quote

Obvious you say ? Obvious to who ? then they should have been caught by the test established by the rules.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:17:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#29]
Apparently, the 2 Reb Bull factions are present at the track today.. The Austrians who want CH gone, and the Thais...

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:27:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:48:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MrHold] [#32]
I posted this in my closed wheel series thread and wanted to repost here to my open wheel friends who have more knowledge than me on the subject,

and get the responses traffic I would not get

So, I'm asking one of my Friends to start an Official INDY thread, I just can't keep up with and I miss race news also I'm hated so

if there is a new Author it may be possible INDY Car can get as much traction as F1 thread

And if someone can start a fantasy league for Indy

And just to help for you to get started

https://www.indycar.com/

https://racer.com/category/indycar/

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/

P.S. and I would have a Peecock subscription
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Gooooooo red teaaaaammmm!
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#34]
how many cars out at 1st corner >?
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:57:13 AM EDT
[#35]
All right boys, let's get this season started!

Here's to a shootout between Max and Charles down to the last race of the season.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Janus:
All right boys, let's get this season started!

Here's to a shootout between Max and Charles down to the last race of the season.

View Quote

its going to be interesting to see if the RB is always that better at start
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:01:55 AM EDT
[#37]
just notice something.. the distance in between 1-2 is the same as 2-3 etc...

In my memory from long ago, each row member were closer to one another than a row from another.

when did that change ? or is it mandela effect ?
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:09:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Awe shit....

Sorry Shung.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:09:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Spartan16] [#39]
LEC overdriving the car
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:09:33 AM EDT
[#40]
And leCuck is leCucking.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Lights out and away Max goes
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:13:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Shit,  Max is driving away at almost a second a lap.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:13:07 AM EDT
[#43]
And leCuck is leCucking.
View Quote

Is Ferrari dumping the wrong driver next year…?
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:16:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Busted_Flush:

View All Quotes
And leCuck is leCucking.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

I don't think thats even a question at this point.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:20:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Max is making up the most time in the twisty bits of sector 2.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:21:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Another Ferrari strategy mistake.  Letting Leclerc drive the race.  Too bad you can’t swap drivers between qualifying and the race.  Let Leclerc qualify and then put Carlos in the car for the race.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:22:09 AM EDT
[#48]
LOS says bye
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:26:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tabraha] [#49]
Chuck comes out on a new set of tires and promptly blows the turn before they are warm. What is going on with this guy? Like his brake bias is all off.

Checo making a nice run on Russel.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:28:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Ferrari in mid season form already
Page / 202
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top