Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2239 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:05:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Great discussion with a Ukrainian General on the entire war. Very uncensored, and maybe some major questions answered: https://twitter.com/volodyatretyak/status/1553149229664714753

Q: "Generally speaking, it appears to ordinary people that the military leadership of the country, roughly speaking, overslept the beginning of the war. Is that wrong or what?"

A: "Let's get this straight: the country's military-political leadership (overslept the beginning - remark). The military clearly knew that there would be a Russian attack plus or minus, tying in specific timelines to within two to three days. But, precisely 72 hours before the war started, there was a 100% certainty there would be a war. Plus-minus, understanding in which directions the offensive would be. So you are absolutely right. Did the word oversleep, or did they pretend to oversleep the offensive? That's the question. I think someone else will have to tell you eventually. Why didn't they respond at all to warnings from not only Western partners? Western partners have been warning us since the fall of 2021. In the spring of 2020, I told from where and how the Russians would attack. And in principle, it all coincided 100% told us how the offensive would come, specifically, named the targets that Russian troops would be interested in. And our colleagues from Western countries were telling us more clearly. In January, some Americans of the extremely high level came, and right on the maps, they were telling us what would happen and how. But the political leadership said it was all lies, nonsense, and provocations. Why? Well, because the pro-Russian agents are probably in the president's office.

There's no other way to justify this. To say that they didn't know. That's an outright lie. Ukrainian and foreign intelligence agencies officially reported to the leadership about the Russian offensive."

Q: "One thing is a military analysis by a professional, and it is another thing to know that such plans are written in the headquarters in Moscow. If I understood you correctly, it was a piece of specific information about the actions of the Russian command."

A: "Of course. And we have informants." "Well, no, but no one has forgotten them. Nevertheless, at a high level, there were these reports. And very often, there were such examples when officers of the Russian General Staff, generals of the Russian General Staff called their classmates, friends, and brothers who were serving here and warned that in 24 hours, Russia would attack. "And there in 72 hours, we will attack", for example. There was just no reaction. The people, who got the information from us, immediately reported upstairs, saying don't panic, don't tell tales, everything will be ok."

Q: "Terrific. Practically concluding this block of questions, I once heard from many people, whom I am not authorized to name, that the Ukrainian air force was dispersed and moved to previously prepared, fielded airfields on the eve of strikes and so on. As a result, what should have been, according to Russian plans, a command, first destroying strike against Ukrainian aviation, went through almost empty places. Why didn't we notice any of that if that's the case? As I recall, there was also no deployment of Ukrainian ground troops on the night of 02.24. Or didn't I see something I was not supposed to see?"

A: "Well, most likely the second option. You didn't see the actions of certain military personnel. You have to give credit that the air force command reacted clearly, regardless of any questions. And to disperse, planes and helicopters moved even within their airfields. And in principle, very often, in the first 24 hours, Russian missiles were hollowed out. The same was true for most of the ground forces. Although there were examples when the flights were relatively trivial, one of the examples was when the command of the special operations forces, despite their subordinates' demands and requests, the commander did not decide to move the base and the principle. On the morning of the 24th, Russian missiles hit the special operations forces command building. There were casualties; although there were warnings about it, there was no reaction. It is elementary unprofessionalism and an elementary thing that a person was unable or was afraid to take the decision. Unfortunately, it happens because sometimes, the formation of command staff in certain branches of the armed forces, especially in the last two years, is done by selecting people who are silent and committed to something personal and who have their own opinion."

More translations are coming forth, such as why Kherson / Southern Ukraine were taken so quickly. I'll post that when I see it created.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:08:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:

Whats interesting is if you read a bit of 4Chan /pol/ you find that there's a LOT of the same verbiage going on towards China and the CCP right now. They are trying to rally Americans to view China as being anti-globohomo. In 5 years, I wonder if the MAGA crowd will like the Chinese in the same way as the Russians.
  • China has traditional family structures
  • Chinese hate the "Baizou"
  • Chinese are smart and have high IQs
  • Chinese hate globohomo
and so on.
View Quote

The communist culture has always excelled at emotional manipulation to accomplish their goals. Now they have the internet. And the chinese have joined in the plans/tactics the russians started a long time ago. The chinese have been working with the black american organizations just like the russians did/do. I've seen groups of pro-china americans, of chinese descent, who are helping groups associated with BLM. Russians have been running this scam with black american groups for at least 50 years.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:16:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I think you are seeing what happens when undertrained soldiers who were raised in a brutal/shit culture by shit rulers start to get the idea that they are in real trouble and act out in frustration. This kind of thing happens in the wars in the african countries.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Billy_Ringo:
This may be crazy talk, but at this point the Russians seem to have gone off the deep end:

Is it possible that the Russians have taken extreme measures vs. Ukrainian POWs to try and motivate their own soldiers to not surrender and fight harder?  Knowing what may await them if they give up or are captured?

I simply can't think of any explanation as to their recent actions.

I think you are seeing what happens when undertrained soldiers who were raised in a brutal/shit culture by shit rulers start to get the idea that they are in real trouble and act out in frustration. This kind of thing happens in the wars in the african countries.

I read the book "The Rape of Nanking".

I forgot the clinical name for what happened there, but basically soldiers who are abused and treated harshly when under the control of officers will treat others in a similar manner when they are allowed to be in control.

Here, we are probably seeing the same phenomenon.

Enlisted soldiers who are beaten and spit on by their superiors are now emboldened to treat civilians and POW's in the same harsh manner they have been subjected to.

Add to that the stress of fighting in terrible conditions for over 4 months, and they are probably feeling great at being able to vent all that frustration building up in them.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:28:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

I read the book "The Rape of Nanking".

I forgot the clinical name for what happened there, but basically soldiers who are abused and treated harshly when under the control of officers will treat others in a similar manner when they are allowed to be in control.

Here, we are probably seeing the same phenomenon.

Enlisted soldiers who are beaten and spit on by their superiors are now emboldened to treat civilians and POW's in the same harsh manner they have been subjected to.

Add to that the stress of fighting in terrible conditions for over 4 months, and they are probably feeling great at being able to vent all that frustration building up in them.
View Quote

All that but I also think russian soldiers are allowed or encouraged to believe that murder, torture, rape and pillage is what they get to do in exchange for their military service. More of the same culture.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:50:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:
8 Krab self-propelled howitzers are ready to be handed over to Ukraine. It's a part of deal signed in June.

HIMARS are definitely big, but Ukraine needs a lot of self propelled artillery too. This is especially true, given that the pzh 2000s are starting to have issues due to the volume of rounds getting shot.
View Quote

In a hot war with lots of artillery fire, even a brand new barrel can be shot out in less than three months, depending on its firing schedule. Not shot out as in about to fail, but as in best accuracy eroded away.

The Russians have probably reached this point on many to most of their tubes in theater, but fortunately, they don't really care about accuracy, nor have they needed it, to this point, given their relative volumes of fire. We have seen some burst failures start to be documented on Russian heavy SPGs.

I have no idea what the Russian refurb and maintenance efforts on their guns looks like, but I don't recall us sending over 100 spare barrels for the M777s that have been supplied to Ukraine.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Prime:

That’s the UA Defense Ministry’s take.

https://gur.gov.ua/content/vbyvstvo-ukrainskykh-zakhysnykiv-v-olenivtsi-svidomyi-akt-teroryzmu-ukraina-vymahaie-nehainoho-rozsliduvannia-obstavyn-i-prychyn-smerti-nashykh-heroiv.html

The killing of Ukrainian Defenders in Olenivka is a deliberate act of terrorism. Ukraine demands an immediate investigation into the circumstances and causes of the death of our Heroes

On July 28, a powerful explosion took place on the territory of the former correctional colony No. 120 in the city of Olenivka in the temporarily occupied territory of the Donetsk region, which is currently used as a place of detention for Ukrainian prisoners of war. As a result of the explosion, the premises where the captured Ukrainians were located was destroyed. According to Russian sources, about 40 Ukrainians were killed, the number of wounded - to be determined.

The explosions took place on the territory of the industrial zone in a newly built building that was supposed to be specially equipped to hold prisoners taken out of Azovstal. The equipment of the building was completed 2 days ago, after which part of the detained Ukrainian Defenders were transferred to it.

We emphasize that the explosions in Olenivka, which led to the death of the Ukrainian Defenders, are a deliberate provocation and an undeniable act of terrorism by the occupying forces. According to available information, it was carried out by mercenaries from the Wagner (League) PMC under the personal command of the nominal owner of the specified PMC - Yevhen Prigozhin. The organization and implementation of the terrorist attack were not coordinated with the leadership of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation.

The main purpose of the terrorist attack was to hide the facts of total embezzlement of funds allocated for the maintenance of Ukrainian prisoners of war. It is known that on August 1, a commission from Moscow was supposed to arrive at the "object" to check the expenditure of allocated funds and the conditions of detention of prisoners.

Since the real condition of the building and the conditions of keeping prisoners in it did not meet the requirements of the Russian leadership, the "problem" was solved by destroying the premises, together with the Ukrainians housed in it.

Another purpose of the provocation is to increase social tension in Ukraine. Given the great public interest in the fate of the Heroes of Azovstal, according to the authors of the scenario of the terrorist attack, the death of the Defenders should lead to an increase in social tension in Ukraine.

The head of the Main Directorate of Intelligence of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, Kyrylo Budanov, emphasizes: "In order to find out the real circumstances of the terrorist attack and prevent a similar incident in the future, I call on all international institutions to express a tough position regarding the events in Olenivka. The International Movement of the Red Cross and Red Crescent, which is one of the guarantors of the safety and proper maintenance of Ukrainian prisoners of war, should give a proper assessment of the events and make efforts to find out the real circumstances and reasons for the killing of the Ukrainian Defenders. Ukraine demands the immediate admission of representatives of Ukraine to the scene of events to study the situation and control the conditions of detention of captured Ukrainian defenders. I also emphasize the need to conduct detailed monitoring of the conditions of detention of Ukrainian prisoners and guarantee the preservation of their lives and health."

View Quote

It's shocking but I believe it.
But rather than a "terrorist" act, I'd consider it mass murder. I wonder how the Russian .mil look at this event. I'm sure they are happy that UA POW's are dead and they probably hope this incident does terrorize the Ukrainian people. It furthers their main goal of destroying and/or demoralizing Ukraine. But have they (Russians) given up on all pretense of decency and honor. I would have thought that at least some of them considered themselves soldiers rather than just murderers, looters, and rapists...

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:01:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#8]
8 hrs ago more ammo dumps hit.

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

He has been a Ukrainian serviceman since 2018. and is a Ukrainian citizen and holds a Ukrainian passport.. what is your arguement against that fact?

he also didnt have any illusions about what would happen to him if he was caught as a pow.. you need to watch several of his interviews and also interviews of his fellow servicemen which are easily available.
View Quote

I guess by his logic all the Naturalized citizens (and many legal non-citizens) who have served in the US Military and been deployed overseas were "mercs" fucking around and finding out who should have known better?

I was Naturalized (came here on a refugee visa as a kid) and served in DS#1. Had I been captured and tortured/murdered I "had it coming"?

So we should only enlist to fight against polite and decent enemies? The orcs being asshole orcs so joining to fight them is stupid? So if we declare war on Switzerland or maybe Norway will you join then? Or are you waiting for Monaco to start shit?
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#11]
FIRMS  from 47 minutes ago, spicy.

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Older Russian prisoner laughing with his Ukrainian captors because his wife wont talk with them while at work, call after 9pm.

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:47:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FY7XzCnWYAAAVtV?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote
With activity like that, I expect to update this thread one morning and see the headline "UA retook Crimea"
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:58:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Shockergd:

I've said this since week #1 of the war.

I had to re-think ALOT Of my conversations with great friends, I'd venture 25%-35% of this site explicitly supports Russia in this case against Ukraine, I don't expect the Chinese invasion of Taiwan, Japan, or Australia to be much different, with the exception it could be higher.
View Quote

AND, I bet only 1% are actual paid Russian/Chinese bots spreading propaganda. The rest are the victims of the propaganda.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 2:04:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 2:07:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 2:16:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
With activity like that, I expect to update this thread one morning and see the headline "UA retook Crimea"
View Quote

While we all want Crimea to return to Ukraine.  The place is MASSIVE and would be urban warfare hell.  It would be best to take it last and work on the eastern donbass.

Himars could just do range strikes on most military locations and they will likely have atacms by then

And probably f-15/16's.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 2:16:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dagger41] [#19]
Driver closes the hatch and says fuck those 2 guys.

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 2:20:39 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By elcope:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FY7fmNxWAAM7mwD?format=jpg&name=large

Apparently really busy the last 24 hrs.  I noticed the Wagner base was hit.  Waiting to see results from that because they geolocated that guy that castrated the soldier a to a particular building they were based at from other photos.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 2:25:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
Yawn. Fuckers don't have the balls. If they were going to nuke something it would be nuked by now. They are just cowards waving their little tiny nuclear cocks around like anyone gives a shit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://t.me/belrusinfo/21274
THE STATE DUMA DID NOT RULE OUT A NUCLEAR STRIKE ON 4 IMPORTANT FACILITIES Evgeny Fedorov told in which case Moscow can take an extreme step Deputy head of the military-civil administration of the Kherson region Kirill Stremousov in his telegram channel said that the region is preparing to hold a referendum. Its goal is to become part of Russia.State Duma Deputy Yevgeny Fedorov recalled that in the event of the accession of some regions to Russia, they will be subject to Russian legislation, including that which is associated with Putin's Decree on nuclear deterrence.In accordance with this document, Russia will be able to strike not only at the command of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, but also at the decision-making centers in Brussels, Washington and London.At the same time, as the deputy emphasizes, in the event of Kherson's entry into Russia, the special operation will not end.It will end when the entire space of Ukraine is cleared of an aggressive regime, "Moscow Speaks" quotes Fedorov.t.me/belrusinfo /21274 5.3Kviews
Yawn. Fuckers don't have the balls. If they were going to nuke something it would be nuked by now. They are just cowards waving their little tiny nuclear cocks around like anyone gives a shit.

So, the war will when the aggressor Russia is removed from Ukraine?  Redefining "aggressor" and "NAZI".  These guys tool the same propaganda lessons as US democrats.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FY7XzCnWYAAAVtV?format=jpg&name=900x900

Also keep in mind the few burning fires on the UA side are a lot less accurate and are a higher chance they are misses.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 2:47:26 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
There has GOT to be a joke somewhere about the Ukrainian eventually hitting the place where the Democrats stored all the stolen votes for President Trump in the 2020 Election.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#24]
There's people on Twitter calling out GPS coordinates on Russian positions.

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 3:14:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Older Russian prisoner laughing with his Ukrainian captors because his wife wont talk with them while at work, call after 9pm.

View Quote

Man, I guess she really wanted that Lada.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#27]

The communist culture has always excelled at emotional manipulation to accomplish their goals. Now they have the internet. And the chinese have joined in the plans/tactics the russians started a long time ago. The chinese have been working with the black american organizations just like the russians did/do. I've seen groups of pro-china americans, of chinese descent, who are helping groups associated with BLM. Russians have been running this scam with black american groups for at least 50 years.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:

Whats interesting is if you read a bit of 4Chan /pol/ you find that there's a LOT of the same verbiage going on towards China and the CCP right now. They are trying to rally Americans to view China as being anti-globohomo. In 5 years, I wonder if the MAGA crowd will like the Chinese in the same way as the Russians.
  • China has traditional family structures
  • Chinese hate the "Baizou"
  • Chinese are smart and have high IQs
  • Chinese hate globohomo
and so on.

It's pathetic to see many folks who've complained for years on here that the Soviets/Russians meddled in US elections and protests all throughout the Cold War. But now deny any such things take place today.

Yeah, we got lots of discourse in this country over new pop culture and gender identity. But Russia returning to Stalinist State craft and a strict adherence to State pushed right wing ideology over Leftist movements doesn't mean Russia is your friend.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

While we all want Crimea to return to Ukraine.  The place is MASSIVE and would be urban warfare hell.  It would be best to take it last and work on the eastern donbass.

Himars could just do range strikes on most military locations and they will likely have atacms by then

And probably f-15/16's.
View Quote

Crimea is way easier to take, and it's possession by Ukr would end the war rapidly.

-Crimea has a smaller population than the Donbas, and they are more concentrated in a very few cities. It is very arid and sparsely populated overall.
-There's zero need to engage in urban fighting to take it; denser areas can be bypassed initially.
-Re-supply and support of forces there by Russia would be very difficult, and possibly even impossible.
-Ukraine possession of Crimea denies the Black Sea to any serious Russian use - there are no good ports out of missile range of Crimea.
-Access to the Volga and Don Rivers are choked off.
-If Putin loses the Donbas, he loses a war. If he loses Crimea, he loses an empire.

Losing Black Sea access to Russia would be akin to being denied use of the Atlantic Ocean to the US.  The stakes are that high.

Population density of Crimea:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

They finally get a chance to brutalize others as they were
brutalized. I suspect they feel vindicated by doing so.  

A lot of people who were sexually abused, turn into
sexual abusers.  

Almost nothing can be done to change
people like this.  Sad for everyone involved.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jungatheart:
Originally Posted By Billy_Ringo:
This may be crazy talk, but at this point the Russians seem to have gone off the deep end:

Is it possible that the Russians have taken extreme measures vs. Ukrainian POWs to try and motivate their own soldiers to not surrender and fight harder?  Knowing what may await them if they give up or are captured?

I simply can't think of any explanation as to their recent actions.

They finally get a chance to brutalize others as they were
brutalized. I suspect they feel vindicated by doing so.  

A lot of people who were sexually abused, turn into
sexual abusers.  

Almost nothing can be done to change
people like this.  Sad for everyone involved.

We’re seeing the same thing we saw in WW2.  The worst war criminals were powerless nobodies in their home country, but they are gods in Ukraine.  They can walk down the street and do literally anything they want.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Would like to see some HIMARS strikes in Belarus now with those missile launches. Is there any reasoning to NOT do that? Like if they hit them Belarus leadership could send their puny military in as an act of self defense rather than expend more political capital doing unprovoked? (It’s all Bs anyway since they’re launching missiles… but it’d be so like them to blame Ukraine for retaliating)
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 3:53:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#32]

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:
Would like to see some HIMARS strikes in Belarus now with those missile launches. Is there any reasoning to NOT do that? Like if they hit them Belarus leadership could send their puny military in as an act of self defense rather than expend more political capital doing unprovoked? (It’s all Bs anyway since they’re launching missiles… but it’d be so like them to blame Ukraine for retaliating)
View Quote

The Ukrainians need to not do anything that would cause the Belarusian public to support their leadership, which is on the verge of falling already.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 4:06:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

Crimea is way easier to take, and it's possession by Ukr would end the war rapidly.

-Crimea has a smaller population than the Donbas, and they are more concentrated in a very few cities. It is very arid and sparsely populated overall.
-There's zero need to engage in urban fighting to take it; denser areas can be bypassed initially.
-Re-supply and support of forces there by Russia would be very difficult, and possibly even impossible.
-Ukraine possession of Crimea denies the Black Sea to any serious Russian use - there are no good ports out of missile range of Crimea.
-Access to the Volga and Don Rivers are choked off.
-If Putin loses the Donbas, he loses a war. If he loses Crimea, he loses an empire.

Losing Black Sea access to Russia would be akin to being denied use of the Atlantic Ocean to the US.  The stakes are that high.

Population density of Crimea:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/crimea1024_1_1__jpg-2470753.JPG

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:
View Quote

I expect Ukraine doesn't want to have to use their limited number of troops on another front at this time. Belarus will swear they never launched missiles and say Ukraine attacked them without provocation. I think Ukraine has more important things to do at this moment with the troops they have.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By GreyHat:
Ukranians use FPV kamikaze quadcopter
View Quote

Imagine a dozen operators doing that and immediately swapping to a new drone and view as soon as it kills the target. Just horiffic ideas. Throw a few quads into a trench and let them hunt for targets.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 4:16:37 PM EDT
[#37]
93rd Mechanized Brigade destroyed three Russian tanks in the vicinity of Izium.

93rd mechanized seems to be one of Ukraine's better units, based on footage I've seen. I believe they were also one of the units that took part in the defense of Donetsk airport a few years back, too.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 4:18:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

It's pathetic to see many folks who've complained for years on here that the Soviets/Russians meddled in US elections and protests all throughout the Cold War. But now deny any such things take place today.

Yeah, we got lots of discourse in this country over new pop culture and gender identity. But Russia returning to Stalinist State craft and a strict adherence to State pushed right wing ideology over Leftist movements doesn't mean Russia is your friend.
View Quote

I think russia has a very uncomplicated plan of "cause division among americans wherever possible." And also "find groups of americans who are not pleased with the government and make them believe russia shares their basic goals and culture." Something like that.  They go to groups who feel oppressed by the US and explain how communism encourages equality. They say in public they are traditional/conservative/christian. A few decades ago they tried to get black americans to start an actual fucking civil war, got a bunch of communists to antagonize the KKK into a shootout. They were hoping it would spread across the south then into the industrial workers of the north. They try to sow division. We should not be playing their game.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
There is a UA dedicated Telegram bot just for reporting positions, troop movements etc. I don't think any of the info entered is echoed so others can't see it. Not 100% certain tho.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 4:49:03 PM EDT
[#41]

Seems like a poor design where the ammo links get spit back into your face!
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 4:55:07 PM EDT
[#42]

Why are giant steel ammo links falling right onto the gunners head? Is there a chute or basket missing?
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 4:57:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By CS223:
There is a UA dedicated Telegram bot just for reporting positions, troop movements etc. I don't think any of the info entered is echoed so others can't see it. Not 100% certain tho.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CS223:

They were referring them to a Ukrainian govt. Telegram app after that was posted so I can imagine the number of tips they are getting.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#44]
I expect Ukraine doesn't want to have to use their limited number of troops on another front at this time. Belarus will swear they never launched missiles and say Ukraine attacked them without provocation. I think Ukraine has more important things to do at this moment with the troops they have.
View Quote

Ukraine reportedly has 750k to 1M troops in their various armed services at this point, with the principal lack of larger deployments being due to lack of sufficient equipment and small arms to outfit them all, at least not properly.

While HIMARS and Krab and Pzh2000 and M777 and CAESAR have all been wonderful additions, I'm curious if there's any information on small arms acquisitions allowing Ukraine to field more light and heavy infantry, and the addition of sufficient equipment (trucks, IFVs, AFVs) to allow them to stand up more mech infantry and light armored brigades to supplement the heavy armored tank donations.

If Ukraine had 750k equipped, trained troops actually in the field, they'd have plenty to spare to guard the Transnistria and Belarus borders, while bringing Desert Storm levels of shock and awe down up the Kharkiv, Donbas and Kherson fronts. I dearly hope that the addition of many tens of thousands of new troops, at least, is what is allowing the tempo change and offensive operations we're starting to observe.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By castlebravo84:What a horrible thing to say.  Any compassionate person should believe that the best option would be the one that results in the least number of dead Russians.  After all, every Russian born will die...
View Quote

No, I think the best outcome involves the maximum destruction of military-age Russians. No matter how this war ends, Moscow will be back at its shenanigans in a few years.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 5:02:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#46]

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By GreenLantern:

Seems like a poor design where the ammo links get spit back into your face!
View Quote

Pretty sure they don't do that when you close the hatch.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 5:23:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Capta:

We’re seeing the same thing we saw in WW2.  The worst war criminals were powerless nobodies in their home country, but they are gods in Ukraine.  They can walk down the street and do literally anything they want.
View Quote

I certainly believe this is a factor. But I also believe that many of the atrocities and war crimes we are hearing about are actual RU TTP's.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Apparently really busy the last 24 hrs.  I noticed the Wagner base was hit.  Waiting to see results from that because they geolocated that guy that castrated the soldier a to a particular building they were based at from other photos.
View Quote

Everywhere Wagner is located should be a prime target. They seem to be the "glue" holding the russian shit-show together.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 5:33:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Circuits:

Ukraine reportedly has 750k to 1M troops in their various armed services at this point, with the principal lack of larger deployments being due to lack of sufficient equipment and small arms to outfit them all, at least not properly.

While HIMARS and Krab and Pzh2000 and M777 and CAESAR have all been wonderful additions, I'm curious if there's any information on small arms acquisitions allowing Ukraine to field more light and heavy infantry, and the addition of sufficient equipment (trucks, IFVs, AFVs) to allow them to stand up more mech infantry and light armored brigades to supplement the heavy armored tank donations.

If Ukraine had 750k equipped, trained troops actually in the field, they'd have plenty to spare to guard the Transnistria and Belarus borders, while bringing Desert Storm levels of shock and awe down up the Kharkiv, Donbas and Kherson fronts. I dearly hope that the addition of many tens of thousands of new troops, at least, is what is allowing the tempo change and offensive operations we're starting to observe.
View Quote

As fast and frantically as the Ukraine armed forces have been expanded I would expect there are a lot of troops waiting around just to get a shovel to dig trenches, let alone descent gear. I wouldn't be at all surprised if people are learning tactics while carrying sticks.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2239 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top