Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2957 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 11/5/2022 12:52:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ludder093] [#1]

Not confirmed but that would be awesome. Maybe fake I can't find confirmation.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 1:08:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Prime:

Aforementioned drone drop video.

View Quote

Thanks, I was not able to access the telegram video.
That is apparently one of a series of videos, or possibly a series of videos in exactly the same place over successive days.  I posted one a few days ago.
Not sure that lying still is a good strategy.  I bet if we could see the whole series, everyone single one of those dudes playing dead gets worked.  Not to mention they’re sitting ducks for any mortar in range.
We don’t see a lot of mortar action (arty is sexier) but it strikes me that a good 60 or 81mm mortar team, well dug-in, could take an absolutely absurd toll on the Russians.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 1:17:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#3]
https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1588434914256781313

Everyone including me thought this video was awesome because of the guts of that UA soldier making the shot.
What I think everyone missed (or at least no one commented on) is at 0:12 in full speed, 0:18 in slo-mo - the TC getting literally blown out of the hatch 20 feet in the air, probably minus an arm.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 1:34:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 11/5/2022 1:39:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
If a Reaper were to loiter at a safe standoff range, would it be able to aid in any kind of targeting for other units to use? Or would it just basically be eyes on target?

ETA: For example, laze targets for ground launched brimstone, coords for gmlrs, excalibur, etc.
View Quote

Yes, a reaper can lase for compatible western laser-guided precision munitions.

Most of our PGM is GPS now, but there are LJDAM variants and a lot of laser-guided hellfires, still. Dual-mode brimstone can be laser guided. The frenchies have laser guided missiles they could kick in, too.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 1:43:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ludder093:

View Quote
I think that is fake. Ukraine does not have anything to launch them from.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 1:50:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
View Quote

Ukrainians say that Russians say that Ukrainians are thinking about a way to mount them to a Su-24

Link Posted: 11/5/2022 1:51:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#8]

Link Posted: 11/5/2022 3:20:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#9]

View Quote

A dozen of those launched from the black sea could cripple the Black sea fleet and leave the Russians without a navy.

Odessa to Sevastopol is 303KM. 188-189 miles.

Fly your SU24 regiment 15 minutes, launch missiles, turn around.

Link Posted: 11/5/2022 3:55:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 4:04:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Published on Halloween
I make no guarantees, it's worth what you paid for it.

Polish sniper who survived Azovstal siege: ‘We ate amputated arms and legs’ to avoid starvation
https://rmx.news/poland/polish-sniper-who-survived-azovstal-siege-we-ate-amputated-arms-and-legs-to-avoid-starvation/

The only Pole who fought in the Azovstal steel plant provided his account of the fighting, Russian captivity, and the harsh conditions during the siege of Mariupol.

In a sign of how desperate the situation became in the besieged steelworks plant as food became scarcer by the day, he told Polish news outlet Onet that “we ate amputated legs and arms.”

Krzysztof was a sniper in the Azov battalion. He was asked about his efficiency and number of killed Russians.

“I kept track up to a hundred of them, at hundred plus, I stopped counting,” he said.

The Pole was severely wounded on April 20.

“They dropped a mine from a helicopter that fell 20 centimeters from my leg. I got hit by the full force of the blast. I was heavily wounded. I had two legs ripped apart, a broken spine, and damaged hands. The doctors said that ‘one more minute or one and a half,’ and I would have bled out. I lost two and a half liters of blood. The doctors wanted to amputate my legs, but by some miracle they left them whole,” he said.

The man provided his account of the harsh conditions during the siege of Azovstal and the food and water scarcity.

“We gave the good food and drink to civilians and children and ate spoiled meat and groat. In the last week, we ate amputated legs and arms,” he stated.

On May 16, Krzysztof and other members of the Azov battalion, which have been deemed national heroes in Ukraine, were surrounded by the Russians.

“In the beginning, all feared us, civilians and the soldiers. They said that it is not us who are captured by them, but them who were captured by us. They also said that we were not needed by Ukraine, that they would shoot us, so that we join their side. None of the Azov battalion agreed to this,” he said.

The Pole said that after the rehabilitation he plans to return to the Azov battalion.

“It is good to kill those Russians,” he said.

In May, the defenders of Mariupol who were engaged in heavy fighting for almost three months, surrendered to the Russians after the command decided that “the life of the soldiers must be preserved.”

According to the Ukrainian side, 2,500 people were captured, including soldiers from the Azov battalion, 36th Separate Marine Brigade and other units.

In June, the Ukrainian intelligence reported about “the largest to date” prisoner exchange, in which 144 Ukrainian soldiers returned home, including 95 defenders of Azovstal from different formations. There were 43 soldiers of Azov battalion among them. Smaller exchanges were also reported multiple times since then.

Link Posted: 11/5/2022 4:06:27 AM EDT
[#12]

I believe that.

I don't believe when Russia says they destroyed 44 of them.

Link Posted: 11/5/2022 4:24:13 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

that would be hella awesome if true.. but we prob wont find out for months if so
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 4:27:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#14]
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 4:31:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 11/5/2022 4:36:20 AM EDT
[#16]

It's fortunate that Russians are too stupid to understand the concept of overhead cover, but damn that's a rough way to go out!
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 5:00:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Mig-31 launch this morning caused a nationwide air alarm in Ukraine.
https://24tv.ua/povitryanu-trivogu-ogolosili-mayzhe-po-vsiy-ukrayini-negayno_n2192114

It is reported that aviation was raised in Belarus. Most likely, the enemy was preparing to attack.

The first reports of alarms on the morning of November 5 began to appear at 8:59 a.m. And as of 9:15, the whole of Ukraine, except for the temporarily occupied Crimea, has already become "orange".

The Telegram channel "Belaruski Gayun", which monitors military activity in Belarus, reported on thetake-off of the MiG-31K fighter.

Link Posted: 11/5/2022 5:29:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Some sort of delayed fuse ???
Guy just rocking back and forth waiting for the end. Damned knarly right there.

Link Posted: 11/5/2022 5:29:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Published on Halloween

Polish sniper who survived Azovstal siege: ‘We ate amputated arms and legs’ to avoid starvation
https://rmx.news/poland/polish-sniper-who-survived-azovstal-siege-we-ate-amputated-arms-and-legs-to-avoid-starvation/

The only Pole who fought in the Azovstal steel plant provided his account of the fighting, Russian captivity, and the harsh conditions during the siege of Mariupol.

In a sign of how desperate the situation became in the besieged steelworks plant as food became scarcer by the day, he told Polish news outlet Onet that “we ate amputated legs and arms.”

Krzysztof was a sniper in the Azov battalion. He was asked about his efficiency and number of killed Russians.

“I kept track up to a hundred of them, at hundred plus, I stopped counting,” he said.

https://rmx.news/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/A-Pole-Azovstal-onet.jpg

“They dropped a mine from a helicopter that fell 20 centimeters from my leg. I got hit by the full force of the blast. I was heavily wounded. I had two legs ripped apart, a broken spine, and damaged hands. The doctors said that ‘one more minute or one and a half,’ and I would have bled out. I lost two and a half liters of blood. The doctors wanted to amputate my legs, but by some miracle they left them whole,” he said.

The man provided his account of the harsh conditions during the siege of Azovstal and the food and water scarcity.

“We gave the good food and drink to civilians and children and ate spoiled meat and groat. In the last week, we ate amputated legs and arms,” he stated.

On May 16, Krzysztof and other members of the Azov battalion, which have been deemed national heroes in Ukraine, were surrounded by the Russians.

“In the beginning, all feared us, civilians and the soldiers. They said that it is not us who are captured by them, but them who were captured by us. They also said that we were not needed by Ukraine, that they would shoot us, so that we join their side. None of the Azov battalion agreed to this,” he said.

The Pole said that after the rehabilitation he plans to return to the Azov battalion.

https://rmx.news/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/AP22234685912550.jpg

In May, the defenders of Mariupol who were engaged in heavy fighting for almost three months, surrendered to the Russians after the command decided that “the life of the soldiers must be preserved.”

According to the Ukrainian side, 2,500 people were captured, including soldiers from the Azov battalion, 36th Separate Marine Brigade and other units.

In June, the Ukrainian intelligence reported about “the largest to date” prisoner exchange, in which 144 Ukrainian soldiers returned home, including 95 defenders of Azovstal from different formations. There were 43 soldiers of Azov battalion among them. Smaller exchanges were also reported multiple times since then.

View Quote

I am exceptionally skeptical of that news source after looking.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 5:39:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#20]
This is good stuff.

Found on r/Combat TG channel
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 5:40:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

I am exceptionally skeptical of that news source after looking.
View Quote

Yeah, I leave this one to our more Euro-literate members.

Link Posted: 11/5/2022 5:46:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CPT_CAVEMAN] [#22]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:

Crowd eats it up
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Originally Posted By 74HC:
Blaming the lack of a border wall on Ukraine aid is how some who support the demorat party but are at odds with some of their policies.

Crowd eats it up

Maybe she really is a Russian stooge.

Trump was the first prez to send them military aid right? And it's not like the money is actually going to be spent bettering america.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 5:49:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
Some sort of delayed fuse ???
Guy just rocking back and forth waiting for the end. Damned knarly right there.

View Quote

It's a regular hand grenade, not gonna detonate on impact.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 5:59:47 AM EDT
[#25]

Published on Halloween

View Quote

If they dont do a movie on those cats I'm gonna feel like our military aid was wasted
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 6:36:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

View Quote

The gunboats are an interesting addition. Is it a new capability? I don't think I've seen that word even used in the past 2000 pages.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 7:00:01 AM EDT
[#27]
How War in Ukraine is Destroying Russia
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

If they dont do a movie on those cats I'm gonna feel like our military aid was wasted
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Published on Halloween

Damn, if true.  I am seriously considering getting a custom motorcycle plate, "AZOV".  The time in that steel mill for the soldiers and civilians must have been hell.  Their resolve did motivate the country.  Yes, this is worthy of a movie.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 7:40:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By torstin:

The gunboats are an interesting addition. Is it a new capability? I don't think I've seen that word even used in the past 2000 pages.
View Quote

Are there any specs on those?

I wonder how big?

Possibly these:

40 Defiant
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 7:46:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
If a Reaper were to loiter at a safe standoff range, would it be able to aid in any kind of targeting for other units to use? Or would it just basically be eyes on target?

ETA: For example, laze targets for ground launched brimstone, coords for gmlrs, excalibur, etc.
View Quote

Catching up this moring and probably answered, but yea.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 7:55:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

I wonder how big?

Possibly these:

40 Defiant
View Quote

Built by metal shark. Gross. That’s who built our 29’ RBS and that thing is all types of shitty
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 8:02:46 AM EDT
[#32]
This is good stuff.

View Quote

Is that a 1919 machinegun?
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 8:03:33 AM EDT
[#33]

Ukrainians say that Russians say that Ukrainians are thinking about a way to mount them to a Su-24

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:

lol, this.   It's not very likely to happen, but Rhybar and other Russian sites seem frightened at the aspect of Ukrainian aircraft modded to fire long range Western cruise missiles at the moment.

I'm all for making their nightmares come true.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 8:04:56 AM EDT
[#34]

I believe that.

View All Quotes

I believe that.

I think the Russians did, but it was the wooden ones.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 8:06:40 AM EDT
[#35]

They are really getting better at swatting things out of the sky.  It will get better as the months go by.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 8:08:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
This is good stuff.

M2 .50cal
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 8:09:21 AM EDT
[#37]

They are really getting better at swatting things out of the sky.  It will get better as the months go by.
View Quote

They need to get better at stopping those smaller ones like the Lancet. There’s a lot of videos of those hitting good western supplied equiptment
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 8:09:22 AM EDT
[#38]

I'm all for making their nightmares come true.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/5/2022 8:11:39 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Honestly it took me by surprise too, one thing not mentioned but later covered by others here and interesting as well is that the HAWK SAM systems are going to refurbished and sent to Ukraine.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 8:14:20 AM EDT
[#40]

I wonder how big?

Possibly these:

40 Defiant
View All Quotes

I wonder how big?

Possibly these:

40 Defiant

Possibly, this is the actual US equivalent of that.

Link Posted: 11/5/2022 8:16:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

They need to get better at stopping those smaller ones like the Lancet. There’s a lot of videos of those hitting good western supplied equiptment
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

I know, have been thinking about countermeasures for that.    Need lots of guys looking at the sky at every moment, especially with a thermal scope.   Then the handheld jamming systems need to come in play.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 8:21:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#42]

Link Posted: 11/5/2022 8:24:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 8:24:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#44]

Link Posted: 11/5/2022 8:27:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#45]
Wonder why the casualties in Bakhmut are so high?

Stugna hitting long lines of Russian/Wagner troops hiking toward objectives without armor.

Link Posted: 11/5/2022 9:19:04 AM EDT
[#46]

https://www.navalnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/U.S.-Navy-New-40-Foot-Defiant-Patrol-Boat.jpg
View All Quotes

I wonder how big?

Possibly these:

40 Defiant

https://www.navalnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/U.S.-Navy-New-40-Foot-Defiant-Patrol-Boat.jpg

I'll take one!
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 9:24:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Russian Tug Motorboat Sunk Near Antonovsky Bridge (One Used to Haul Pontoons and Ferries)
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 9:43:30 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

They need to expand that out, they’re running out of room.

If someone could make a huge one of those that told the entire story of the war, I would build a castle just to have somewhere to hang it.

Link Posted: 11/5/2022 9:50:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

That's assuming you can get them to run at all.

Two stroke with lube in the fuel will be less likely to have an issue with icing than your average small Cessna engine. (I remember carb heat on for takeoff and landing from pilot training eons ago). My wife used to work on small engines, including two-strokes. She hates them with a passion.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:

Extreme cold makes most drone batteries unchargeable. You can warm them up indoors to a point where you can charge them but you better get them on the drone and pulling power out of them quickly to keep them warm once you take them outside. Cold also generally reduces the capacity of the packs.

There's a pretty good likelihood the Shithead-136s are using carb'd engines based on what we've seen in the pictures. That would mean they'd probably not fire up on launch since it appears from the pictures we've seen they can't run the engines in the launcher beforehand. There may be a mixture control on the carb to account for that. That may be one of the reasons the Iranians have people on the ground there (that, and the rooskies are "f**king stupid".)

I think carbs are prone to icing. Something about Bernoulli principal.

That's assuming you can get them to run at all.

Two stroke with lube in the fuel will be less likely to have an issue with icing than your average small Cessna engine. (I remember carb heat on for takeoff and landing from pilot training eons ago). My wife used to work on small engines, including two-strokes. She hates them with a passion.

true that. to me 2 strokes seem harder to start. There probably better suited for this type stuff. 2 strokes perform better than 4 if its gonna be sideways or upside down. You'd think a country that size could build something better than I could in my garage, maybe I'm just spoiled by living in a country with a semi competent military.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2957 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top